As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Internet Dating] Bisexuals over 30 without smartphones are doomed. DOOOOOOMED!

RichyRichy Registered User regular
This OP lists general knowledge and tips. After years, this is roughly how much we figured out. Maybe someday we'll add to it.

Remember:
"What I do get is the opportunity to view and be viewed by people outside of the areas I spend 95% of my time (work, gym, apt complex, grocery store, local bar). Maybe they contact me, maybe I contact them, maybe nothing happens. On the off chance no one messages me and no one I message ever replies it just means that I don't meet people that I would never meet in my normal life anyway. The horror! The upside is that I have a profile that is always potentially working for me while I'm doing other things like working, sleeping, watching tv, etc. For free. While I can also pursue other means of meeting women at the same time if I so choose."

Profile write-up tips
STOP being "honest" via self deprecation in your profiles
STOP apologizing to the reader of your profile
STOP making excuses to the reader of your profile
STOP following confident statements with insecure "lol" or "haha" or "i guess"
STOP insulting your own life path in your profile
STOP calling yourself nerdy or geeky or dorky or funny or witty or handsome or sarcastic or any-fucking-thing. Leave out any sentences that say, "I am [adjective]" unless you are prepared to put up or shut up.
YOU ARE TRYING TO WOO A MATE. THIS IS NOT AN HONEST AUTOBIOGRAPHY. YOU'RE SELLING YOURSELF

20070912.gif

Also, do not write anything that the OKC Bullshit to English translator will correct for you.
OKCupud wrote:

My Self Summary
- Be Specific
- Show, don't tell. Use stories to show that you are interesting
- Don't talk about vague shit like "I like to travel" and "I read books for fun" and "I have maintained possession of both my eyes since birth."

What I'm Doing With My Life
- Don't beat around the bush. Just fucking tell me what you do for money or what you are studying in school. It's going to be a first question on a date and gives a potential suitor something to ask you about.
- Put interesting things in here. Hobbies. Not JUST work-things. Show me why you are awesome to hang out with.

I'm Really Good At
- You are not good at making people laugh or being funny or whatever. Find SKILLS that you have that you are good at. I can cut a deck of cards one-handed. I can drive stick shift. Something interesting that you can do that is awesome.

First Things People Notice
- It's not your smile or your eyes or your sense of humor or whatever.
- Think about something that people would notice across a bar if you were hanging out with your friends in a loud, crowded place.

Favorites
- List YOUR FAVORITES. Not every book, movie, television show, and food you've ever read, seen, watched, or eaten.
- Pick 10-12 things MAXIMUM
- If you must use key words, only key word two or three things in each section. The favorites of your favorites.
- For books, list titles, not authors. Some authors write a wide range of books. Some authors are associated with being a prick or a poser. Book Titles tell a lot more about who you are as a person.

Six Things
- Don't list bullshit like oxygen, air, water, food, friends and family. It's boring and meaningless.
- Don't list your computer, the internet, these forums, or something else pathetic.
- Do list things relating to stuff you love or mention elsewhere in the profile. Feel free to be silly here, but don't list six random things that have no connection or theme.

I Spend a lot of time thinking about
- Don't suddenly get all deep and existential when there's nothing else like that in your profile.
- Don't say "Taking over the world" because that's bullshit.
- Feel free to be funny or silly here, too, but don't make it cliche.

Typical Friday
- Don't say "there is no typical Friday"
- Don't say "taking over the world"
- Don't say "out with friends or in reading a book" like every other person ever
- This is a bullshit question, but be specific. If you are out with friends, what are you doing? Do you go dancing? Go to bars for trivia night? Watch movies and eat popcorn?

The Most Privet Thing
- ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION

Message me if
- Don't say "if you want to" or any other variation of that. BE SPCIFIC.
POF wrote:
Pictures:
- Your main picture should feature you alone, and your face should be visible.
- Other pictures can include other people, but do specify who you are in the picture.
- Do not put up pictures where you are not at all. It's a dating site, not a Facebook album.
- Do not put up pictures with your ex. WTF would you think that's a good idea?

Headline:
- Do not write "I never know what to write in those things". Think of something. It's not hard.
- Do not write "Headlines are stupid". NO U.

I am looking for:
- Not "intimate encounters". Girls do not need the internet to find "intimate encounters". Most of them, in fact, have their accounts set to automatically block messages from guys looking for "intimate encounters".

Question section:
- Do not "prefer not to say". These are simple straightforward questions that give some basic background info on yourself. Answer them. They're not asking the number of girls you slept with or the size of your wang or the hiding place of John Connor. They're asking whether or not you own a car. If you can't answer that with a simple yes/no, you've got issues.

Interests:
- Put some.
- Be specific.
- "Doing stuff" is not an interest. Neither is "taking over the world".

About me:
- Everything from the OKC profile advice applies here.

First date:
- Do not write "i dunno." Do not write "you come up with something." Do not write "we'll talk about it and decide." Do not write "whatever you want to do." It makes you look dull and unimaginative and boring.
- Everyone has a mental picture of an ideal date. Write a one or two line abstract of it.
- This section is important. It gives the other person a good idea of your personality. If your first date idea is chatting over coffee, you might not be a match for someone whose ideal first date is skydiving over a volcano while carrying an active bomb wrapped in barbed wire. See? Important information there.

Charts!
Wherein number are plotted against other numbers to look more interesting.
Lie about your height:
MaleHeightDistributionYoink.png

Pictures do matter:
conversations.png

Men are stupid:
Male-Messaging-Curve.png

Learn to spell better than a cat.
netspeak-chart.png

Metal-loving vegetarian zombies rock
interests-chart.png

sig.gif
Richy on

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I'm stupidly nervous about my date tomorrow when really I should be worrying about what my consultant says about my heart. I also think I got a giant hint from a guy at work that he only thinks of me as a friend. A friend he spends hours chatting to online every day. Gutted!

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    "Give in not to despair, for it will poison the very air you breath. Rather, give in to hope, for it will clear the air before you like sunlight through mist."

He's carrying on with the confusing. It seems he is interested. I think. Maybe.

• AeneasAeneas Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to try this for the first time. I just split up with my girlfriend and I can't get over her so maybe this will help (or not).

The biggest issue I see is that I need to appear interesting in a profile, which is problematic for me since I have no hobbies. Besides jogging and hitting the bars on weekends, I haven't really had a lot of time to do fun/interesting things. It doesn't help that I recently moved to a new place and my social circle is pretty limited right now.

Hear about the cow that tried to jump over a barbed-wire fence? It was udder disaster.
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Aeneas wrote: »
    I'm tempted to try this for the first time. I just split up with my girlfriend and I can't get over her so maybe this will help (or not).

The biggest issue I see is that I need to appear interesting in a profile, which is problematic for me since I have no hobbies. Besides jogging and hitting the bars on weekends, I haven't really had a lot of time to do fun/interesting things. It doesn't help that I recently moved to a new place and my social circle is pretty limited right now.

Work up a bare bones profile, throw in a few pictures, then post it here. We will help make you interesting.

Failing that, we will photoshop pictures of Ryan Gosling's face onto your face, thus making you irresistible to the ladies.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

That doesn't stop a lot of people from putting up profiles based on what I've perused. Happy hours and traveling are the new long walks on the beach.

Some people will work being new to an area into a profile too. You can use it to solicit suggestions for venues for stuff you'd like to do.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    My Self Summary
    - Really having trouble with this section here. Um, I'm in the military, really enjoy trying new things especially strange food, and I'm new in town so I'm hoping to find people that can point me to fun activities here.

- Currently studying and getting paid to do so. It's awesome.
    - I enjoy jogging, movies, and animals, especially cute ones. When I have time, I like to scribble short stories.

I'm Really Good At
    - Putting people at ease. I'm pretty easy-going and I like to make others laugh. I'll always be bluntly honest but always with courtesy.

- I'm short and I'm Asian. Seriously. People act shocked that I speak English without an accent. Even little Afghan children. Sigh.

Favorites
    - Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire (thanks Penny-Arcade for the recommendation), scotch, IPA's, Guinness, and sushi. Also the show Man vs. Food.

Six Things
    - A warm comforter, a note book to doodle in, and... this is also tough. Internet really is a bad answer? I'm not attached to too many things.

- My work, international relations, future writing projects that I still need to get around to.

Typical Friday
    - Enjoying a good meal followed by several drinks with awesome friends.

The Most Privet Thing
    - I don't get this. Is this something we don't want to share with other people, including our close friends? Or something we DO share with close friends?

Message me if
    - If you want to grab a cup of coffee and just hang out. And please point me to where the cool bars are.

That's all I got right now. Please eviscerate this. Still need to find a good picture.

Hear about the cow that tried to jump over a barbed-wire fence? It was udder disaster.
  • PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    Glad for new thread because I want this point to go on the first page and although the OP mentions it I just thought I'd empathise the point

When talking about your interests for the love of God BE SPECIFIC!!!

I've lost count of the amount of times I was semi interested in someone and was considering messaging them but didn't because I didn't have the faintest idea what to talk about due to their profile being so ludicrously vague

Also if you dare use the words "my tastes are diverse" you deserve to be shot

teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am rather specfic but to talk about what kind of music, movies, tv and books I have to gloss over it because I don't want to write that novel of why
    My interests are really all over the place because where as I like 40k I lose and gain interest because of the players. I started to play the guitar again but to talk about how it's fun to play again and pick up old skills is rather a hit or miss conversation

My tastes are diverse but more of a random and rather like the tide because what washed up this time? why am I showing an interest in this again? are more of questions I ask myself

Most of the time when I message people it's because of things they say in thier profile rarely do I get a reply
    Some of the things I have written in mine are responses back of questions about mine

Sigh I broke my promise to myself to never post in this thread

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yeah don't write novels. No one has time to read that. I just skip over the wall-of-text profiles.

You have to be detailed and specific and concise.

You don't need to talk about every single interest you have. Pick some of your interests, maybe the ones that are most interesting or most important to you or most likely to attract your target lady's attention, and talk about those. And write descriptions that are short but contain critical information (i.e. are not vague) and show off something of yourself too.

Examples:

BAD : I like to read.

BAD : Here is a list of the last 50 books I read.

GOOD : I like to read books such as X. I really enjoyed Y in that story! Really made me think about Z. Maybe someday I'll write my own book about it!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

Most private thing is an opportunity to share a funny story or embarrassing or otherwise put some colour in your profile. Not something you wouldn't actually say on a first date.

As it stands theres not a lot in your profile thats standing out.

Jeedan on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i maed profile with pictures

but i has not made words yet :(

i must make words

poo
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular

i must make words

I'd say type up your profile just like that and watch the ladies roll in ;) Make them words gud!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

i must make words

Place your face on the keyboard. Roll from side to side.

Now from there's just editing. Much easier than writing.

i must make words

King_Size_Homer.jpg

sig.gif
    On my way to a date. Annoyingly nervous. Didn't even have time to do my hair and I'm quite sure I look like a zombie. Argh!

Angelina wrote: »
    On my way to a date. Annoyingly nervous. Didn't even have time to do my hair and I'm quite sure I look like a zombie. Argh!

Good luck! You'll do great! :D

sig.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

i must make words

I'd say type up your profile just like that and watch the ladies roll in ;) Make them words gud!

well

better than nothing right

poo
    Richy wrote: »

Well I have no idea how that went at all.

edited February 2013
    Others will have much better advice, but a few things jump out at me just from a reading perspective:
    My Self Summary
    - Really having trouble with this section here. Um, I'm in the military, really enjoy trying new things especially strange food, and I'm new in town so I'm hoping to find people that can point me to fun activities here.

You're not talking out loud. Drop stuff like "Um," "Uh," and similar stuff you wouldn't actually write in a report.
    - I enjoy jogging, movies, and animals, especially cute ones. When I have time, I like to scribble short stories.

It's tough to figure out if you like to doodle to short stories or write them. It's also unclear what you like to do involving animals. Zoo trips, playing with pets, helping out shelters/sanctuaries, and finding/sharing cat videos are all distinct activities.
    I'm Really Good At
    - Putting people at ease. I'm pretty easy-going and I like to make others laugh. I'll always be bluntly honest but always with courtesy.

Diction issues here. "Ease" and "easy-going" are too similar and make the two sentences jumbled together. Similar issue with using "always" twice in the same sentence. Also, some women view terms like "Laid back" and "easy going" as red flags for not having drive and ambition so finding a better way to express the latter would be a good idea.
    - I'm short and I'm Asian. Seriously. People act shocked that I speak English without an accent. Even little Afghan children. Sigh.

I'd change "short" to "height" to make it less negative. Drop ethnicity from it, it's way too simple and you're trying to make yourself distinct from other people. Drop the "Sigh" at the end. It turns you into a sad sack whereas ending it on the Afghan children note makes it funny.
    Favorites
    - Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire (thanks Penny-Arcade for the recommendation), scotch, IPA's, Guinness, and sushi. Also the show Man vs. Food.

Build this up more. Since you're new to the area, the food and part can be a building block towards getting recommendations/soliciting them. In addition, it can flesh out how much of your tastes come through.

Also, Game of Thrones is a more recognizable way to refer to that series.
    Six Things
    - A warm comforter, a note book to doodle in, and... this is also tough. Internet really is a bad answer? I'm not attached to too many things.

Same thing here. Feel free to mine what got you through the more boring parts of military life.
    - My work, international relations, future writing projects that I still need to get around to.

Drop it to just "writing projects." Basically you want to eliminate anything indefinite if possible.
    Typical Friday
    - Enjoying a good meal followed by several drinks with awesome friends.

I'd drop the "several" from this.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Richy has it exactly right. It's not about being a superstar or having a billion things to list, it's about being engaging with what you have. @Aeneas, you say you have no hobbies and then you list two hobbies! You are a runner and you go out and do bar stuff. I mean, look, there's two ways to do that:

What I do on the weekend (BAD):
    In the morning I go running and in the evening I go drinking. I run while looking at the ground and I drink while looking at the bar. I prefer to be unapproachable and so far I have succeeded but now I am online and would like you to date me.

What I do on the weekend (GOOD):
    I really enjoy running, mostly for exercise but I have some personal goals. I'd like to run a marathon at some point, but haven't gotten over the training hump yet. I've only been running for the last 3 years, so I figure I have time, but I like having the distance as a long term goal. It gets me out of bed on the cool, misty mornings to hit the pavement. Plus, the calories burned from running make up for getting a couple drinks at [bar i frequent] plus [indulgent junky food i sometimes eat], so it's a nice reward!

Or spin it around and expand on what you do at the bar. I assume you don't just sit at the bar staring at your glass getting drunk. What do you do? Where are you doing it? And give a spin to why. Share a snippet of your history with the thing.

You don't need to list a billion hobbies, and even if you were incredibly diverse, it's overwhelming to be into everything. People will wonder if you're any good at any of the things you list, or if you're just padding out your profile. If you do seem good at those things, then what else do you do in your free time? Do you even have time for a partner? Two or three hobbies in your profile is perfect because it gives you something to talk about and lets you attract people with some similar interests. If your hobbies have some social element to them, that's perfect. I mean, if I read a profile that said "I love books. Basically I come home from work every night and read until I go to bed," I think "wow this person does nothing at all. What are we going to do together, read books?" I can run with someone, or if they have any interest in doing athletic things we can have some overlap. It's the overlap that gets people's interest, not wowing them.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    Wow, thanks for the help you guys. I honestly thought I was a very boring person, but your advice made me realize I just need to spin things better.

Should I actually keep being Asian and short as the first things people notice about me? Though honest, that was pretty much a joke answer. People do seem surprised that I'm very friendly as opposed to the... I guess stereotypical introverted Asian guy?

Also, what got me through my last deployment was porn, cigars, and a lot of bitching. Definitely not stuff that would make for a positive first impression. And they're all stuff I can live without now that I'm back in a normal setting.

You bring up a good point, EggyToasty. I'm not sure if I really do have a lot of time for a partner since my weekdays are so focused on my studies.

Right now, I'm not looking for a future wife or even a relationship. Main thing, since I'm new to this city, is to find more things to do than drink at a bar with my classmates.

Should I actually keep being Asian and short as the first things people notice about me? Though honest, that was pretty much a joke answer. People do seem surprised that I'm very friendly as opposed to the... I guess stereotypical introverted Asian guy?

Friendly and outgoing are worth putting down, not so much the stereotype. Again, it's about you not who you're not.
    Also, what got me through my last deployment was porn, cigars, and a lot of bitching. Definitely not stuff that would make for a positive first impression. And they're all stuff I can live without now that I'm back in a normal setting.

I'm assuming that last was done in a social setting as opposed to talking to yourself. There could be a way to work that in.

Steam Profile
    Well, I added warm socks and a good friend I could depend on to the list of 6 things I need (good friend was who I did the bitching with).

This profile thing is actually kind of fun. Now for a good picture...

• Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular

Well I have no idea how that went at all.

Did you have fun?

XBL - TeenageHead
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I respect those of you with the tenacity to keep at it on these sites. I honestly don't know if I have the willpower or desire to keep on. There's just so much BS to deal with. I'm starting to think the old fashioned way of meeting a girl in person is a much more simple and to-the-point method of resolving things.

Real life might be blunt and brutal, but dating online seems to be like a mix between Tom and Jerry and Wile E Coyote and the Road Runner.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    I respect those of you with the tenacity to keep at it on these sites. I honestly don't know if I have the willpower or desire to keep on. There's just so much BS to deal with. I'm starting to think the old fashioned way of meeting a girl in person is a much more simple and to-the-point method of resolving things.

Real life might be blunt and brutal, but dating online seems to be like a mix between Tom and Jerry and Wile E Coyote and the Road Runner.

A lot of us do both. There have definitely been times where a total lack of success online would have been soul crushing had I not had fun flirting with some girls I met in person. And likewise finding out they had boyfriends would have been less pleasant had I not had online as another option.

Steam Profile
    Lucascraft wrote: »

A lot of us do both. There have definitely been times where a total lack of success online would have been soul crushing had I not had fun flirting with some girls I met in person. And likewise finding out they had boyfriends would have been less pleasant had I not had online as another option.

Yeah, as the OP states, I'm doing this in addition to trying to meet people in real life. I know I'm brand new, but I've sent 30 messages and got five replies. Out of those I've had two turn in to a conversation. It just feels worse because you spend the time trying to write an interesting message and browsing profiles instead of just running into someone or meeting through friends. But honestly, how many of those turn in to dates?

XBL - TeenageHead

Did you have fun?

I did! I have no idea how he felt it went though. We're still texting but I didn't get the vibe that he was interested in more than friendship. I've also realised that not drinking for months makes me a lightweight and two drinks is enough to get me tipsy.

Did you have fun?

I did! I have no idea how he felt it went though. We're still texting but I didn't get the vibe that he was interested in more than friendship. I've also realised that not drinking for months makes me a lightweight and two drinks is enough to get me tipsy.

Ah, sorry. It appears there are plenty of other young men in England interested though!

I just accidentally deleted ALL my messages. Good thing I haven't deleted the email notifications so I have something left or anything too crazy in any of them. There isn't a way to get them back is there?

XBL - TeenageHead
    edited February 2013
    And now I've got a date for Friday that I just asked out, and asking what did I want to do and I'm drawing a blank? Should I just go for coffee? It's an evening date.

Edit: Coffee, people watching and a walk it is, with the ability to parlay it into dinner if it is going really well. This is pretty crazy because I just messaged this girl last night.

Continental_Op on
    XBL - TeenageHead
    What's the right way to message someone? I assume not going, "Hey baby, I think you're cute :)"

Updated my profile. Again, I welcome suggestions. And sorry for the wall of text earlier:
    My Self Summary
    I'm in the military and I'm new in town so I'm hoping to find people who can point me to fun activities here.

Definitely open to trying new things, especially if it's strange food.

Currently a student, which is a great deal for me.

On my offtime, I enjoy jogging because it helps clear my mind and this city is just gorgeous to run around in. I'm nowhere near marathon status, but I hope to keep on improving.

On weekends, I like relaxing at bars where I can actually have conversations and try beers I've never tasted before. I also enjoy wine-tasting, especially ones that do food-pairings.

I'm Really Good At
    Putting people at ease. I like to make people laugh, but I'll always be honest and upfront with them as well.

Still empty...

Favorites
    Game of Thrones, scotch, Lord of the Rings, Guinness, sushi, steak, IPA's, and Cabernet Sauvignons.

This one probably needs work.

Six Things
    -- a warm comforter
    -- warm socks
    -- a notebook I can jot ideas in
    -- a good friend that I can depend on
    -- Need to get back to you on the other two. Hmmm....

International relations, places I want to travel, and meals I want to attempt cooking for the first time. I enjoy learning from my mistakes

Typical Friday
    Relaxing with drinks at a bar, discussing anything from politics to why Jennifer Lawrence won the Oscar. Seriously? She's good but not great.

The Most Privet Thing
    - This one is also blank. Ugh.

Message me if
    You need a hiking buddy or if you just want to grab a cup of coffee.

• ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    There is someone in my very small town with a match % of 0/0/99. She's cute so I messaged her saying she must be my mortal enemy.

This region sucks, I'm at least an hour away from any large city, so I'm gonna take another break from OKC and let the pool refill a bit. The tree of online dating must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of potential suitors and new members.

edited February 2013
    What's the right way to message someone? I assume not going, "Hey baby, I think you're cute :)"

There's no one set way. There's some language you want to avoid (anything too sexual or creepy, typos, texting shorthand, some other stuff) but some profiles are going to give you a lot more to work on than others. Some people like long messages, others short.

Since you are new to your area, you do have the option of asking a girl about their favorite places in the area for a type of food or activity they mention. That's always an option in general (assuming they actually give you something to work with. A lot of profiles just generically mention being outdoors and traveling), but being new to the area adds another dimension to it. Follow up with other questions about anything you found interesting in their profile.
    Six Things
    -- a warm comforter
    -- warm socks
    -- a notebook I can jot ideas in
    -- a good friend that I can depend on
    -- Need to get back to you on the other two. Hmmm....

You can flesh these out more by giving a reason why you need them.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    What's the general opinion on a bunch of (or, hey, any) YouTube links in a profile?

Not that I'm considering doing this. But it drives me fucking insane and I see it way too often lately.

(No, dude, I'm not going to take the time to copy and paste each of those URLs into a new tab just to find out the answers to your cleverly vague introductory half-sentences. If OKC made those URLs into actual links I probably still wouldn't take that time.)

riz on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Shouldn't really have any links in there.

I agree with you riz. It's nothing but lazy and annoying, and I certainly won't click them or message the person.

sig.gif
    POF's increasing number of "subscriber-only" features is getting annoying. Doubly so since these are free features he's taking away, instead of new features he's creating.

sig.gif
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Links are lazy in a profile. It says "Watch or listen to this, and then put in a ton of effort to understand how this video really says something about me, in a way I can't describe and in fact refuse to describe by relying on simply linking you somewhere."

It's like going to a friend's place and mentioning you haven't heard a band, and they freak out, instantly putting on that band's album(s), and then sit there talking about how great the band is and expecting you to feel exactly the same way. I mean, why are you NOT having a mind-blowing experience?

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    POF's increasing number of "subscriber-only" features is getting annoying. Doubly so since these are free features he's taking away, instead of new features he's creating.
    What's been taken away now?

This discussion has been closed.