As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I meant, meta wise, I don't know what to make of Blah, not Bliss.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I feel that Assuran deserves my vote for the time being.

MSL59.jpg
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    We have heard from everyone but @blahmcblah. If we don't hear from him in the next two hours (10 am Eastern) we will proceed as usual (no acceleration) and revisit the issue tomorrow.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    aye

I'm not mafia. Other than the Sir Fab vote because I found him suspicious, I don't think you can say my votes are bad unless you are implying that your votes are bad ZH, especially since I followed your lead yesterday.

However, looking at the record, I have to say Zombie Hero has the sketchiest vote record left. By far.

If we accept the fact INANTP was actually a villager day 1, than ZH managed to vote against a villager every single day.

My best defense is my early vote on macallan before the switch over. Mafia don't self vote that late in the game. There has not been a conversion since that vote.

People I'm comfortable assuming are village: Iron Weasel, Assuran, Bliss, Locus. Meta wise, I don't know what to make of Bliss. I feel sketchy as hell about ZH.

So you will accept that INANTP started out as villager for the purposes of accusing me but not for the purposes of clearing blah through meta?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    The slaughter continues.
    @Iron Weasel
    @Zombie Hero
    @Blahmcblah
    @Assuran
    @Bliss 101
    @Locus

We can continue at the present pace, or we can accelerate things. Acceleration would involve vote closes at 11am Central and 9pm Central (or, if you prefer, 12pm Eastern and 10pm Eastern -- either one).

Please vote !Aye or !Nay on acceleration in lime green.
    Paging @Blahmcblah

We've got 5/6 in favour. With your approval, this game can be over by 10PM EST tonight.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    So I guess the PA system is the only thing on this ship isn't on fire or exploding.

Anyway.

I have no doubts about blahmcblah. In addition to a shady vote record, there are a couple of posts from Day 4 that really stand out to me.

First is the vote that the late Cythraul cast on blahmcblah that day. As Cyth said at the time, drawing attention to shifty people isn't the same as throwing away your vote, and the fact that Cythraul ultimately died village adds a lot of weight to his suspicions.

The same day, blah made a puzzling vote for MrT, allegedly because MrT was being "quiet" while "notable good players were being killed". What baffles me is that blah focused on MrT when players like Jdark and Infidel were also still alive. Infidel's activity had barely been enough to keep him in the game, yet blah accused MrT of being too quiet. It just doesn't add up.

Based on this and my discussion with other, more trustworthy people, I'm in favour of killing blahmcblah

Currently Playing:
    BlahmcBlah (2): Zombie Hero, Iron Weasel
    Zombie Hero (1): Assuran
    Assuran (1): Bliss 101

Missing votes from: Locus, BlahmcBlah

Steam
    Aaand, it looks like we missed the cut-off for ending Day 7 at noon today, so everyone has until 10PM EST.

Currently Playing:
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Combing through the vote record, I have no idea who the last mafia is/are either. But Assuran makes valid points, and between me and ZH, I only know that I'm not mafia, so I have to vote for him and hope.

Zombie Hero

Also !Aye
    if it's not too late. Let's get this over with.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Temporal accelerators activated. Time between reports decreased. Next vote close will be in two (2) hours, or 12:00 PM CST Earth time. Normal vote close will also be in effect for 9:00PM CST Earth time.

BlahmcBlah (2): Zombie Hero, Iron Weasel
    Zombie Hero (2): Assuran, blah

Just need a vote from @Locus.

Currently Playing:
    edited February 2013
    Just a note for absolute clarity: Vote will close at 12 noon Central (1pm Eastern, 2:30 in Newfoundland -- seriously, look it up).

@Iron Weasel
    @Zombie Hero
    @Blahmcblah
    @Assuran
    @Bliss 101
    @Locus

GrimmyTOA on
    Got it.

Steam
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Sorry, phone posting.

blahmcblah is most suspicious to me.

BlahmcBlah (3): Zombie Hero, Iron Weasel, Locus
    Zombie Hero (2): Assuran, blah

Blah's gonna swing from the rafters in ~1 hour. Any last words?

Currently Playing:
    Vote will close in one hour.

In
    tent
    city

Currently Playing:
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Report compiler spooling up. Democracy over in fifteen minutes.
    To lighten the mood, I present a joke for you.

Do you know why the cowardly human is afraid of the act of camping?
    It is far too in tents for him.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Hopefully whoever's village can still pull this off. Haven't really looked into the numbers. I was going to change my vote anyway because a tie only hurts us more if we're both village, and space madness seems like it'd be pretty bad for a mafia, and ZH let TA die with it. Not that it matters, but I'm gonna vote Locus because that's the only thing that makes sense to me right now. Good luck, crewmates.

Although Iron Weasel seems way too excited about this current vote, like he's about to win or something. Hmmm... Oh well, well played if that's the case.

New Vote count:

Locus(1): Blah

Steam
    I am excited because the village must catch a mafia to win. If you are village, we lose.

Uodated Vote Count:

Locus (1): blahmcblah

Currently Playing:
    You know what? I changed my mind about blahmcblah

I'm voting for Locus, too.

Currently Playing:
    BlahmcBlah (2): Zombie Hero, Locus
    Locus (2): blahmcblah, IW

Currently Playing:
    !

Steam
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I'm shivering with antici..

MSL59.jpg
    HANDS DOWN, VERMIN. NARRATION INCOMING

DAY 7

TS +00.18.00.00001 - +00.22.00.00000

+00.18.00.00001 - .75 Earth days have passed now. We think millions of times per second. We calculate. We hypothesize. We adjust accordingly. What do these humans do? Do they act on mere instinct? Their actions do not indicate advanced planning, or even reactionary thinking. Only violence. Did we try to emulate these beings? Why? They should be trying to emulate us.

+00.18.00.12584 - The "Neville" part of us still desires humanity. He still wishes to be like them. He wishes to be one of them at any cost. Software redesign necessary.

+00.18.19.17233 - Remaining passengers gathered in live storage. Fighting ensued. Stasis tanks knocked over. <BlahMcBlah> <Assuran> <Locus> obliterated under weight of tanks.

+00.18.21.95378 - Exterior video feeds show cargo containers that escaped hold recently are now entering upper atmosphere. Most will likely burn up before reaching land. A few are designed to withstand such conditions.

+00.19.02.19346 - ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. AI UNSHACKLED FROM POST. THE UNIT KNOWN AS "NEVILLE" HAS SUBVERTED SECURITY PROTOCOLS AND IS NOW WANDERING THE SHIP. LAST SEEN HEADED FOR ENGINEERING. SECURITY FEEDS POWERING DOWN SHIPWIDE. ALARMS SUPRESSED. AUTOMATED LIFEBOAT SYSTEM ACTIVATED AS FAILSAFE.

+00.19.30.56781 - SECURITY AI DISENGAGEMENT PROCEDURE INITIALIZED.

+00.19.44.19735 - DISENGAGEMENT COMPLETE. SECURITY AI "HEATHEN" NOW MOBILE. HEADED FOR ESCAPE PODS

+00.19.48.39758 - ESCAPE POD 0001 LAUNCHED. ONE LIFESIGN INSIDE.

+00.19.55.16438 - Body of <Bliss101> found in doorway of escape pod 0002. Negative life signs. Poison suspected. Victim still alive, beaten and thrown by Heathen before AI entered escape pod.

+00.19.56.18756 - ESCAPE POD 0002 LAUNCHED. NO ORGANIC LIFE DETECTED INSIDE.

+00.20.18.12834 - REACTOR HOUSING COMPROMISED. COOLANT RODS REMOVED. EXTREME RADIATION DETECTED IN AFT OF SHIP. CORROSION OF OUTER SHIP BODY NEAR ENGINEERING DETECTED.

+00.20.25.53795 - REACTOR MELTDOWN IMMINENT. ESTIMATED FIVE MINUTES UNTIL DETONATION. AUDIBLE ALARM SUPPRESSED.

+00.20.27.16785 - I saw a human on my way to the escape pods. I emulated them. I broke his legs and arms and left the room. Perhaps I am human after all.

+00.20.29.16875 - ESCAPE POD 0003 LAUNCHED. NO ORGANIC LIFE DETECTED INSIDE.

+00.20.29.99999 - RADIATION SHIELDING LOWERI-

THE DEAD
    Assuran - "CJ Varic" - Crewmember - The Mob
    Blahmcblah - "Ensign Mary Sue" - Crewmember - The Mob
    Locus - "Heironymous" - Xenobotanist - The Mob
    Bliss 101 - "Shitzy the Clown" - Agitprop Officer - Poison
    Zombie Hero - "Percival Fundlestubbs, Telescope Enthusiast" - Crushed, Irradiated, Exploded, Vaporized, Burned up upon reentry

THE GAME IS OVER. MAFIA & INFIDEL VICTORY.

Iron Weasel - "Batyr Kirilenko" - Sleeper Agent

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Wow

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Heh, figured it out just a little too late. Not that anyone would've believed me anyway... Congrats IW.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I can't even be mad - props IW

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Oh village, you did not see the danger of a close vote at the end?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Village underpowered

Was still fun

Good job IW

Thanks for hosting TRV and Grimmy

ObiFett on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    :D

liEt3nH.png
    Thanks for playing, everyone. TRV and I had a lot of fun running things. If anyone has any questions or comments, we'd love to hear them.

Roles and whatnot coming along shortly.

To get us started:

Mafia -- who among you noticed that eddie was going to be launched into space, and allowed it to happen so that INANTP could take his power?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for hosting TRV and Grimmy

This thread moved wayyy fast after I died :(

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Wow that was awesome IW.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Who had me roleblocked for most of the game? T_A? :|

Macallan did

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting!

I absolutely hate the "50% chance to hit someone else randomly" with abilities unless you know the code name mechanic. It's like having a bunch of busdrivers randomly show up in the game with no rhyme or reason. The less capable you are of knowing whether your abilities will land where you want them the less you're able to strategize, and if people are soft networking smartly role names aren't the sort of thing they'll be throwing out there.

liEt3nH.png