As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Buttoneering - Event Schedule and Official Button info added!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Preliminary button design
    KcK9eA1.jpg

Not sure if I'm happy with it, been playing with a few different versions.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Don't know if using my Twitter post to get the image will work but here is what I am working on.
    BD2LqlVCUAAGQeg.jpg:large

It came down to Pokemon/Disney. I used to work at the Figment ride and just got back into Pokemon for a millionth time. So, I started with a Pokeball, took away the middle generic circle and replaced it with the symbol for the Imagination area of Epcot (with added color and Figment horns), and colored it to resemble Figment.

I still have to add my forum name, Twitter handle, PAX East 2013, and touch up the image. I swear, once I get into a creative mood, I just can't stop.

edit: Bonus button extremely early WIP. I think I know what little challenge I can throw at people for this button. Heh.
    BD2Y1CWCUAA_DmQ.jpg:large[/spoilers]

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Got done ordering our buttons last night after some Illustrator help from @thebrawnyman and @elitistsnob. Here are the ones for my wife and I.
    http://buttoneering.org/users/369/buttons
    Candace_final.png
    Justin_final.png

macrogeek on
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I'm finishing up my design now.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    ugh, i really should order more buttons shouldnt I? i mean there are already 32 on the site and i only have 50. or maybe i'll just make my first year buttons "Rare". :P

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    I am thinking of ordering 100 of one and 50 of the other (bonus). Those are the increments we have to use, right? If we could, I would split the lot of 100 into like 80 regular button, 20 bonus button.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I am thinking of ordering 100 of one and 50 of the other (bonus). Those are the increments we have to use, right? If we could, I would split the lot of 100 into like 80 regular button, 20 bonus button.

The increments are entirely based on where you order from.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I need help with my button images (personal and MMT buttons). Pretty please? I can give you images but I need them put on the template or whatever so they are fully prepped for me to just upload them to purebuttons. Anyone willing to help, please message me :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    metafollymetafolly Registered User new member
    A button obsession may be coming into play here... So much excitement!

• Options
    Thanks to @ArcadiaExeter I got my buttons done and ordered today. Just uploaded mine, my bf's, and the MMT buttons on the buttoneering site.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »
    Thanks to @ArcadiaExeter I got my buttons done and ordered today. Just uploaded mine, my bf's, and the MMT buttons on the buttoneering site.

glad i could help. i was wondering, what is MMT?

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »

glad i could help. i was wondering, what is MMT?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/170287/magical-mystery-tour-2013-wed-thu-prepax-adventuring-vote-nao#latest

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    oh man that sounds like fun but i'm not getting into the area til like midnight on thurday. i always miss pre-pax stuff.

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    BowlOfSkittlesBowlOfSkittles Registered User new member
    Placed my order tonight with some friends. ^-^

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I have 200 buttons that read "I Impressed a Random Guy at PAX East 2013". There will be a few of us wandering around the convention handing them out. Impress us somehow and get a button! You can do anything to impress us, just nothing dangerous! See you all there!

• Options
    So, is this fine? Will the main button part text start rounding off where it is at? Will the back contact info text be good where it is?

8511435976_d856ca5e23_o.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    So, is this fine? Will the main button part text start rounding off where it is at? Will the back contact info text be good where it is?

That looks pretty good. You might consider making the contact info a bit.. bolder though. A bit smaller and in bold will make it easier to read, I think. My eyes could be playing tricks on me though.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    Komi wrote: »

That looks pretty good. You might consider making the contact info a bit.. bolder though. Bold will make it easier to read, I think. My eyes could be playing tricks on me though.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    Gotcha. Sounds good. I only picked that font because my button is semi-Pokemon themed and it was called Onyx. Haha. I'll play around with it a bit more.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options

Yea, your font is a little narrow on the rim. I'd go for something a bit less condensed. It'd probably still be legible as is, but you're up against the wall aliasing-wise like that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    Has anyone heard any updates about Pinny Arcade?

• Options
    Has anyone heard any updates about Pinny Arcade?

Nah. I assume either something the week before/of PAX or not at all (which would be dumb). I'm still ready to buy ALL DA PINS!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2013
    There's a thread for Pinny Arcade already, please do not use the buttoneering thread for that.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Yea, your font is a little narrow on the rim. I'd go for something a bit less condensed. It'd probably still be legible as is, but you're up against the wall aliasing-wise like that.

As he said, make the font a little bigger. I was worried about the text being too big and wrapping to the front of the button, but it came out much smaller than I had thought or planned, even after the digital proof.

It's still readable, but just barely. So definitely make it bolder and maybe just a little bit bigger.

• Options
    Rabid Dog wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

As he said, make the font a little bigger. I was worried about the text being too big and wrapping to the front of the button, but it came out much smaller than I had thought or planned, even after the digital proof.

It's still readable, but just barely. So definitely make it bolder and maybe just a little bit bigger.

Hmm. Think I should make the front image/text larger then too?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Here's a real-world comparison of template text versus real-life text on the rim. My buttons are 1.5" for reference.

Template:
    Thanks-Obama.png?1360976052

Real-Life:
    2013-02-27093549_zps5ce9d02c.jpg

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    That text is on the very last area of the template, right? Where it says "this area is for contact info."

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    That text is on the very last area of the template, right? Where it says "this area is for contact info."

Yep!

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I couldn't think of what I wanted to do, but I ended up making something silly that I think I like. Now to make a decision and order.

Delaney on
    "I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    Do I want my main image to actually go over the dotted lines a little bit? Is that the ideal placement?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Do I want my main image to actually go over the dotted lines a little bit? Is that the ideal placement?

Here's what I submitted to PureButtons with the template overlaid:
    ScreenShot026_zps173e195d.png

And this is the actual button post-production:
    2013-02-27163441_zps7695d75e.jpg

That should give you a good sense of what the lines on the template are actually telling you. I prefer to keep my image within the lines, but there are other people who go over intentionally. It all depends on your style and design.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Thank you! That basically calms my mind and I'll be able to finish my button.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular

That should give you a good sense of what the lines on the template are actually telling you. I prefer to keep my image within the lines, but there are other people who go over intentionally. It all depends on your style and design.

Your button is awesome, I can't wait to trade!

• Options
    I ordered my button from the top of the page. I assume 100 should be enough for east, I usually go 150 normal 100 bonus for prime, but looks like we have less people here.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm getting there. Should be finished and ordered tomorr...today.

Gotta finish some minor stuff and adjust the text around the outside.

BELRn7rCMAACNI3.jpg:large

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Your button is awesome, I can't wait to trade!

Thanks! I really can't wait to get to East and start hawking my buttons. It's becoming one of my favorite PAX activities of all time.
    I'm getting there. Should be finished and ordered tomorr...today.

Gotta finish some minor stuff and adjust the text around the outside.

Nice! They're looking good. Great to have you participating! :)

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Buttons have been ordered!! Now to play the waiting game.
    Thanks! I really can't wait to get to East and start hawking my buttons. It's becoming one of my favorite PAX activities of all time.

And it is my mission to get your button.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Buttons ordered and image uploaded to the site.

• Options

Here's what I submitted to PureButtons with the template overlaid:
    ScreenShot026_zps173e195d.png

And this is the actual button post-production:
    2013-02-27163441_zps7695d75e.jpg

Man... I'm sure I've said it earlier in the thread, but I'm going to hunting you and your top hat down to get that button. It looks really good man.

Mine got shipped this morning, so I'm expecting this week. Pretty excited.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    When I am uploading the file to Purebuttons, is it the .psd file with the layers as 1. Template 2. my art 3. background? Or am I just merging all layers? I think I am ready to purchase. I just want to be 100% sure I am uploading correctly.

bYf6vNQ.png
This discussion has been closed.