As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Party at Sealab Party (updated 7/10)

• Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    EVERYBODY CHECK YOUR BLENDERS BEFORE BOARDING AN AIRCRAFT

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    BacksliderBackslider Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

DoNotPursueLuBu: You could also take your $20 and bring cheap party food. Tortilla Chips, salsa. Or hit a QFC and get creative.

Or if there's a Wendy's around, buy $20 worth of $.99 chicken nuggets and throw them on a plate! :D

But a bucket-o-chicken probably tastes better. :|

Backslider on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Backslider wrote: »

DoNotPursueLuBu: You could also take your $20 and bring cheap party food. Tortilla Chips, salsa. Or hit a QFC and get creative.

Or if there's a Wendy's around, buy $20 worth of $.99 chicken nuggets and throw them on a plate! :D

But a bucket-o-chicken probably tastes better. :|

Oh damn.

I'd spend at least thirty on frostys and chicken nuggets from wendys alone.

A mountain of them.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    nequam wrote: »
    I would very much like to partake in this party and find the previous list very agreeable.
    I plan to bring Becherovka: liquid gigngerbread cookies....with alcohol...mmm.
    Unless anyone has any other specific drink requests from Europe. Doesn't seem to be much people flying in from this way.

General drink preferences for me: various strong alcohol(tequila :) ) + lots of juice/mixers.

woohoo, not a lurker anymore.

You wouldn't happen to be in a part of Europe that you can pick up Kalashnikov vodka are you? If so please PM me it has attained something like mythic status with me and a friend, a deal will be brokered.

Hexcore on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hexcore wrote: »
    nequam wrote: »
    I would very much like to partake in this party and find the previous list very agreeable.
    I plan to bring Becherovka: liquid gigngerbread cookies....with alcohol...mmm.
    Unless anyone has any other specific drink requests from Europe. Doesn't seem to be much people flying in from this way.

General drink preferences for me: various strong alcohol(tequila :) ) + lots of juice/mixers.

woohoo, not a lurker anymore.

You wouldn't happen to be in a part of Europe that you can pick up Kalashnikov vodka are you? If so please PM me it has attained something like mythic status with me and a friend, a deal will be brokered.

There are a few people from Europe in this thread:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=31113

Hint hint...

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If someone from Seattle makes a frozen vodka watermelon, I will reimburse them.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, how does one get invited to the Saturday party? Are invites given Friday? Or is the list pretty much predetermined?

Would it help if I brought a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue? :D

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    delroland wrote: »
    Also, how does one get invited to the Saturday party? Are invites given Friday? Or is the list pretty much predetermined?

Would it help if I brought a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue? :D

i like how you think. most of saturday will be people we fingerbang via irc and forums. its hawt. however up to how good friday goes, saturday being invite only is up in the air. trying to keep it professional but also letting our hair down like a Poison video.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ....I have yet, to my knowledge, to be fingerbanged in IRC....

I feel unloved. :(

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Hey, anytime you need it, we got it!:P

....O_o

Shade on
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

ooo it happens. usually when you are idle and away, cause that's how we roll baby.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    Newscaster MorboNewscaster Morbo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    IRC? Wow...I'm old. I forgot all about IRC.

Newscaster Morbo on
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I had almost forgotten about IRC, but I stumbled upon an IRC client for my Motorola Q, which is tons of fun.

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Well, I was hoping somebody else would answer the question. Not because I don't want booze, but just to see what they wanted, but while we're on the subject,
    2085.jpg
    100 Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon
    Goes down smooth, ooooh yeeaah.

If I have enough cash to buy that exact product (I should) and I can locate it, I will present that bottle to you on bended knee (for dramatic effect).

EDIT: I checked the price and it costs around $32.00. Should be no problem.

I have not forgotten my promise Moe. ;-)

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Trillian wrote: »
    I'm bringing Jellyfish:

2 parts Curacao
    1 parts Grenadine
    a splash of Lemonade

Pour over a spoon into a small glass so it layers.
    Enjoy.

That sounds fan-fucking-tastic.

Just wanted to point that out.

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • Options
    CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'll try to come, if im not too dead.

its not a party unless me, jaiden, and Bigred are there...
    from what i have been told.

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    CATBOY!!!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    GodfatherXGodfatherX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the 360style crew is particularly fond of

woodford_reserve_gr.jpg

as a resident of Kentucky, i can say its our best

GodfatherX on
  • Options
    AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone know of any good pizza places in Seattle? Pickup or delivery?

There are a couple good places nearby, but the question is who makes pizza after 2 a.m. I think there is a place on Stewart that does, but I have to double check.

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    AceRimmer wrote: »

There are a couple good places nearby, but the question is who makes pizza after 2 a.m. I think there is a place on Stewart that does, but I have to double check.

Do thiiiiiis.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Also, one time I had this drink at a place in Salt Lake City. It was called a Pop Tart (the drink, not the place), and it was like melon liqueur and something in a martini glass rimmed with Pop Rocks!

I'm working on my own version of this using Midori mixed with something stronger, but I haven't come up with a good recipe yet. It's kind of a girly drink, so stronger liquor would be preferable to me. But seriously, how can you go wrong with Pop Rocks??

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Am I unloved to an extreme and/or incredibly blind, or did the maps to the party not get sent out yet...

Also, a good drink is the "Rum and coke: Version Pain", get a pint glass, fill it with 1/3 Bacardi Gold, 1/3 Bacardi 151, and 1/3 with Coke or Pepsi, Coke is better because it tastes better with 151. The true "Version Pain" is referred to as "Hellbrew" by my friends and tends to have more rum and less coke than that one right there.

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mantis wrote: »
    Am I unloved to an extreme and/or incredibly blind, or did the maps to the party not get sent out yet...

Also, a good drink is the "Rum and coke: Version Pain", get a pint glass, fill it with 1/3 Bacardi Gold, 1/3 Bacardi 151, and 1/3 with Coke or Pepsi, Coke is better because it tastes better with 151. The true "Version Pain" is referred to as "Hellbrew" by my friends and tends to have more rum and less coke than that one right there.

HOLY CRAP.

That's a LOT of rum... Yarr!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Mantis wrote: »

We have no idea what room we are in yet, when we know, so will you guys :)

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I would like to add:
    stroh_original_80.jpg

This is 160 proof rum. It actually tastes pretty good, and it's endlessly entertaining to pour a shot and let other people smell it. They make wonderful scowling faces.

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I would like to add:
    stroh_original_80.jpg

This is 160 proof rum. It actually tastes pretty good, and it's endlessly entertaining to pour a shot and let other people smell it. They make wonderful scowling faces.

OMG...

Between Stroh and your avatar/name you have now become a member of the "PA forumers I <3" club. Heres your membership card.

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    DMiguelDMiguel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm coming down on the Canadian Supertrip. Rooming with TNTrooper. Hope to drop by. What alcohol is needed from the frozen north?

DMiguel on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Juliano's on cap hill is open til 3am.

atray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    OMG...

Between Stroh and your avatar/name you have now become a member of the "PA forumers I <3" club. Heres your membership card.

Well, it looks like I know what I'm bringing to the party. :)

This membership card... could it, uh, could it be laminated?

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    as a resident idahoan, i'll be bringing an nice big bottle of

BlueIce_bottle.jpg

since WA is so close to idaho, i'm willing to bet a lot of people have tried it. still, it's one fan-fucking-tastic drink and my #1 vodka of choice.

Guek on
  • Options
    MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would like to add:
    stroh_original_80.jpg

I... I-I Think I love you... Come to papa you sweet little thing!

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If anyone can find this, I will compensate and share.

Seriously, this is the best vodka I have ever had and everyone should try it. It is DANGEROUS because it tastes more like water than vodka. I will love you forever, because Washington state liquor stores stopped carrying it.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    OMG...

Well, it looks like I know what I'm bringing to the party. :)

This membership card... could it, uh, could it be laminated?

....this makes me want to actually make cards for a bunch of you guys now.

Although I do have some Moo card thingys with all my internet infos I got free when LJ did that promotion thing. I was going to hand them out to all the cool people at PAX I wanted to stay in touch with. Will that do?

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    ChocoholicBut4BoozeChocoholicBut4Booze Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ok, first post ever. This party looks so cool I'm inspired to break forum cherry.

Just a note on booze from a veteran bartender: You will have way more booze than mixers. OJ, Cranberrry, Grapefruit and Pineapple juice are a must to bring! Bring more than you think you'll need cause other people won't. With a bathtub full of ice you might have the ice thing covered.

If there is something specific someone needs me to bring just let me know.

ChocoholicBut4Booze on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    If anyone can find this, I will compensate and share.

Seriously, this is the best vodka I have ever had and everyone should try it. It is DANGEROUS because it tastes more like water than vodka. I will love you forever, because Washington state liquor stores stopped carrying it.

If you go to http://www.liq.wa.gov/services/brandsearch.asp and search for Boru, you will find one store in Stanwood that sells it. However, I'm fairly certain you can go to any liquor store and ask them to special order it for you.

....this makes me want to actually make cards for a bunch of you guys now.

Although I do have some Moo card thingys with all my internet infos I got free when LJ did that promotion thing. I was going to hand them out to all the cool people at PAX I wanted to stay in touch with. Will that do?

That'll do.

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If you go to http://www.liq.wa.gov/services/brandsearch.asp and search for Boru, you will find one store in Stanwood that sells it. However, I'm fairly certain you can go to any liquor store and ask them to special order it for you.

Someone lied to me! AGAIN!

Thanks, I'll be toting my own bottle around.

I knew Ace was still my hero. Almost as much as Lord Flashheart.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DMiguel wrote: »
    I'm coming down on the Canadian Supertrip. Rooming with TNTrooper. Hope to drop by. What alcohol is needed from the frozen north?

There is a extremley high demand for Canadian beer. I'm bringing down some Keiths and probably some Ricards Red.

smes on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    skittles-vodka.jpg

It has begun.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I call DIBS on red flavour.
    Thats right, me first.

edit: Is that bottle in the backround the vodka? I've never heard of that brand before. Is it a regional thing?

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    whypick1 wrote: »
    skittles-vodka.jpg

It has begun.

<3<3<3<3<3

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.