As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enforcer Applications for PAX Aus are now closed

CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic MountPerth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited May 2013 in PAX Australia
So we have this amazing gaming convention and now we need the gears to make it run. Become an Enforcer! Make PAX Aus happen and join a community of hundreds of other insane people like you who love working their butt off and having an awesome time doing so for the gamers who attend PAX.

Note: Please be patient after submitting, our lovely and amazing Enforcer mother Kristen (PRD) is going to be collecting applications for both PAX Aus and PAX East at the same time and as East is only a few months away and Aus is later, she may get insanely busy. So be awesome and trust that everything will be sorted.

Apply here - http://aus.paxsite.com/enforcers

zerzhul on

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Good luck everyone! :D

If I get it, it would be an awesome experience

• YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Super excited :)

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

• rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Awesome!
    I've submitted my application. Whether I'm accepted or not, I'm sure I will have a good time at PAX this year.

• DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    Submitted :-)

Bouncing about my games room now.

• Utopia137Utopia137 Registered User regular
    Ditto all signed up now to kick back have a beer and wait.

• HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    Submitted, should be interesting :)

steamid: sewersider
  • AmmamarieAmmamarie AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah my sister and I have both applied :) Excited !!

• FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Put my application in. Fingers Crossed, i want this alot.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Submitted, and looking forward to it!

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Applied, fingers crossed. :-p

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    what kind of convention experience do they mean? tempted to plug in an application but then i wanna check out the stuff.

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • -RiOT--RiOT- Registered User new member
    I'm with you Beker! I hope I get in ;)

what if you don't any experience and would still like to apply? i've only volunteered for fundraiser events....not the same but any way.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    thegh0sts wrote: »
    what if you don't any experience and would still like to apply? i've only volunteered for fundraiser events....not the same but any way.

I think you can probably list that you have not "worked" conventions, but you have attended conventions in the past.

Worst case, you apply and don't get selected. It can't hurt to put in an app if you really want to do it.

zerzhul wrote: »
    thegh0sts wrote: »

I think you can probably list that you have not "worked" conventions, but you have attended conventions in the past.

Worst case, you apply and don't get selected. It can't hurt to put in an app if you really want to do it.

ok, just wondering...still looking at the requirements and see what i can add to the form.

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Aww man, I knew they would open this up while I was away in Lombok! Submitting now :)

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    [removed]

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Keep in mind that a major part of the job is customer service. If you have never worked at a convention, but have worked in customer service (retail, phone support, teacher, waiter\waitress, etc) that is a good thing to mention. In my mind (not official criteria) Enforcers do not necessarily need to be good at conventions (PAX is different from a lot of them anyway), but they do need to be good at dealing with people.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • mattcorrymattcorry Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Application submitted.

Now we play the waiting game.

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    mattcorry wrote: »
    Application submitted. <br />
    <br />
    Now we play the waiting game.

Dude that game has wicked long turns... GOOD LUCK!!! =) And stay patient!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    The waiting game sucks; lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I dunno about you guys but I'm off to Another World while I wait..
    DoJL7tp.jpg

rith on
  • PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Submitted my app yesterday. My waiting game is consisting of League of Legends at the moment.

• ninnanuamninnanuam Registered User regular
    I'm considering applying but im hesitant to do so as the form doesn't give you the option of nominating dates/ times to work. Id do tear down on monday and maybe a shift on Friday and on Sunday but I don't want to work the whole thing. anyone know if there is any flexibility or do you work the whole con or none?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    You are required to do a 6 hour shift on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (with some exceptions due to some departments having their own shift setup). Setup and teardown are completely optional. I'd imagine with the Aus being a completely new show, there will be a less-than-optimal number of Enforcers, so there's likely to be next-to-no flexibility regarding shifts.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    anyone know when this will be decided. I'd like to do setup\teardown if i do get selected but will need to book flights soon to avoid paying stupidly large domestic costs

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
    Not till after PAX East for sure. Usually notices go out 1-2 months before the show. With some variable for how many apply compared to how many they need, delays that affect how many they need, seasonal weather variations, etc etc. Likely you will need to buy plane tickets before you hear. Worst case there should be other PAX'ers in town to hang out with before and after if you don't get in.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    For those who have aplied or are thinking of applying, the awesome Enforcer Rei has made an audio documentary about what it is to be an Enforcer and what it's about. Give it a listen! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxOP7EACQj4

• DarthSalemDarthSalem Technomancer MelbourneRegistered User regular
    They have to accept me, I have a kilt. :)

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    DarthSalem wrote: »
    They have to accept me, I have a kilt. :)
    Hey! That's unfair! :P

• Freeman_78Freeman_78 Melbourne Registered User regular
    I have submitted, I bring age but I forgot where I put my wisdom.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Applied, hopefully they announce enforcers soon!

Flay on
    Out of curiosity - is there any form of confirmation that your application has been received? I submitted a while ago and just realized I never got anything back...

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    No confirmation besides the "Thank you for submitting" page.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    whypick1 wrote: »
    No confirmation besides the "Thank you for submitting" page.
    Yeah got that page at least, thanks :)

Sounds like applications close at the end of May (per the @paxaus tweet), give the boss a few weeks to go through them, and I would expect to start seeing new #e join our ranks a in mid June.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • langrilangri Registered User regular
    Woot. I'm looking forward to meeting all the new Aussie Enforcers.

• El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Aus Enforcer apps now closed! Shouldn't be long now before the lucky few find out. Excitement!

Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
    *bites fingernails*