As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote: »
    Damn Rock Band Night is already sold out. I was much looking forward to it.

Holy crap! That was fast!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    Definitely regret missing that! Sat I went to curse. Had fun, hoping to go again this year!

Technically it was invite only, so if they have another one this year, it will probably be the same. And it's always been at MJ O'Connors. (They had a party the year before that, too!)

Last year they had a website you could sign up for to be invited to. That's how my friends and I got in to Curse. I was hoping they set up something similar this year

To keep this thread going and a bit more fun, how about posting some pics from past PAX parties you've attended? I know there's a thread from last year, but I think it helps to get psyched for what is to come. So come on, post some pics! Doesn't matter what year they are from! :) (I already posted one!)

Ln5yLL7.png
    Doing some digging. Looks like there might be a LOTRO party!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?502321-PAX-East-2013-Approaching-Fast

Ln5yLL7.png
  • scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular

Yup, this WILL happen, per connections at Turbine. Details coming soon.

sig.php?id=222
  • angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I only see one in there, it's the one you posted about earlier in the thread.
    Sorry, I've should said a "few events" not just "bar crawls". I found the Pokecrawl, Mad Catz, Made in MA, Pre-PAX Crawl, Sanshee East parties all listed so far.

angrymonkeyfight on
    FYI - the Indies Need Booze party has sold out. Also, the Sanshee party is now called the Sanshee Block Party and there is a new event link here: http://sansheeblockparty-es2004.eventbrite.com/

sig.php?id=222
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    FYI - the Indies Need Booze party has sold out. Also, the Sanshee party is now called the Sanshee Block Party and there is a new event link here: http://sansheeblockparty-es2004.eventbrite.com/

I'm going with at least one friend now to the Sanshee party, it sounds pretty awesome. I'm hoping I can drag more friends into going too.

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular

Yup, this WILL happen, per connections at Turbine. Details coming soon.

Sapience needs to hurry up and post something, and it better be true soon, not Soon™.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• WilliamsNSmokeWilliamsNSmoke ^nSmoke Gaming OhioRegistered User regular
    This is my first time at PAX and currently traveling (driving) by myself. I don't even have a place to stay anymore due to plans changing with the people I was going with. These PAX parties people talk about sound like a great place to find a meet new people. I'm nervous as hell but really excited!

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    i got a ticket for the sanshee event. its only 10 bucks right now so even if I can make it its not to bad

This is my first time at PAX and currently traveling (driving) by myself. I don't even have a place to stay anymore due to plans changing with the people I was going with. These PAX parties people talk about sound like a great place to find a meet new people. I'm nervous as hell but really excited!

I have met so many awesome people at parties its hard to keep track. No need to be nervous. We are all here for the same stuff and pretty much everyone I have encountered has been more than friendly!

• Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular

i was in the same boat last year! didnt end up making it to any parties but I had so much fun just being around every one in the expo hall !

I have met so many awesome people at parties its hard to keep track. No need to be nervous. We are all here for the same stuff and pretty much everyone I have encountered has been more than friendly!

Yeah I really can't wait to meet people and just network with a bunch of people that have similar interests. Pretty much none of my friends are into the gaming scene as much as I am. Sure they play games but I want to actually make something out of my gaming knowledge, ya know? Either way maybe I'll run into you! Lol

i was in the same boat last year! didnt end up making it to any parties but I had so much fun just being around every one in the expo hall !

Do you plan on trying to come to any of the parties this year???

• Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    This is my first PAX as well! I'm really nervous too, especially since I am heading up there (by plane) alone. I've been keeping a close eye on what parties will be going on, but so far it seems I will head to the Westin board game night on Thursday.

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some new people! I don't even know what to expect with the expo, but I still can't wait! xP

Rabid Dog on
    Rabid Dog wrote: »
    This is my first PAX as well! I'm really nervous too, especially since I am heading up there (by plane) alone. I've been keeping a close eye on what parties will be going on, but so far it seems I will head to the Westin board game night on Thursday.

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some new people! I don't even know what to expect with the expo, but I still can't wait! xP

You and me both bud but just think, there's probably a lot more of us out there as well. Be nice and respectful and I'm sure everything will go great!

• cocopuffcocopuff Registered User new member
    Has there been any new updates on the Curse or possible Turbine parties?

• APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Favorite party of mine? As much as I enjoyed the BioShock parties, the Rift party at Blue two years ago was amazing. Top-shelf open bar + Krissta = fun.

Any word on a Bioshock party this year?

APacMan on
    We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
    cocopuff wrote: »
    Has there been any new updates on the Curse or possible Turbine parties?

Curse mentioned in their post that info would likely be around the first of March (at least that is what I got out of it) as for Turbine and Bioshock, I have not heard anything yet!

• CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    You and me both bud but just think, there's probably a lot more of us out there as well. Be nice and respectful and I'm sure everything will go great!

You'll find PAX is full of 75,000 friends you have never met. Parties are fun, but doing random, amazing stuff at the expo can be just as fun. Just take a walk through the boardgame area at 11:00pm, play some console freeplay games that you never picked up on your own, and generally chat to everyone you see.

e2TtnRd.png
    Cabadrin wrote: »

You'll find PAX is full of 75,000 friends you have never met. Parties are fun, but doing random, amazing stuff at the expo can be just as fun. Just take a walk through the boardgame area at 11:00pm, play some console freeplay games that you never picked up on your own, and generally chat to everyone you see.

Well I'll tell you what, finding this forum site for all the things I'll be adventuring into, like the parties, has made me feel less nervous especially with how nice everyone I've talked to has been. I can't wait to get photos and videos of everything!

• kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    I didn't even know about the parties last year! Hell, I was too shy to just talk to folks. this is my second pax... I'm prepared this year! Looking forward to party times and people!

Full details on Turbine party:

Join us Friday, March 22, 2013 from 8:30 PM to 12:30 PM At Jillian's Boston. Meet fellow players and members of the AC, DDO, and LOTRO dev teams. The buffet will be loaded up with great munchies, including some vegetarian offerings and of course there will be great swag and raffles for those that attend. You might be lucky enough to walk away with a lifetime subscription to the game of your choice or other great door prizes. Plus, if you're one of the first 200 people through the door, we'll buy your first drink (beer, wine, or soft drinks)!

Due to venue requirements you must be 21 or older with proper ID to attend this event. You do not need a PAX East pass to attend, but you must have your invitation/tickets from Turbine to enter the event. You must RSVP to receive your tickets. Send requests to rsvp@turbine.com

Space is limited; tickets are first come, first served so RSVP today!

Note: Still and video photography will be used during this event and images and video footage may be posted to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. Tickets do not guarantee entry. Swag, free drinks and other items are limited to the first 200 guests.

sig.php?id=222
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    http://newedencomestoboston.eventbrite.com/

CCP Games
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM - Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM (EDT)
    Boston, MA
    Jillian's Lucky Strike

Jillians is getting all of the parties this year :( In case you're unaware, Jillians is by the Kenmore stop of the Green Line, near Fenway Park. It's a big venue, which is probably why it gets the attention. Just remember that the T shuts down after midnight.

e2TtnRd.png
    It really is a great section of Boston for a party. Lots of bars around there and people from out of town get to see the ballpark in one fell swoop!

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Jillians is getting all of the parties this year :( In case you're unaware, Jillians is by the Kenmore stop of the Green Line, near Fenway Park. It's a big venue, which is probably why it gets the attention. Just remember that the T shuts down after midnight.

I don't know about going so far from convention center, given the other stuff that will probably be going on (concerts, late-night board games). I'm tempted though. Rick from Turbine is an awesome guy.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    gonexall wrote: »

I don't know about going so far from convention center, given the other stuff that will probably be going on (concerts, late-night board games). I'm tempted though. Rick from Turbine is an awesome guy.

Feel the same way, I need to find some stuff closer to BCEC or my hotel for Friday and Saturday night.

gonexall wrote: »

Feel the same way, I need to find some stuff closer to BCEC or my hotel for Friday and Saturday night.

I think curse was planning in doing their event at the seaport again on Saturday so might want to wait for details on that.

As far as I know Curse is still at the seaport. I thought it was a great venue, just took awhile to get in to.

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    As far as I know Curse is still at the seaport. I thought it was a great venue, just took awhile to get in to.

It was WAY over-crowded last year, took like 2+ hours to get in, and by that time all the food except for some pretzels was gone, it also took about a 30+ minute wait just to get a drink. I definitely wont waste my time on the Curse party again this year. The most upsetting thing was, they were just letting people in off the street, people who didn't even have any idea what PAX(or Curse) was were getting in line, and being let in without having rsvp'd on their website.

P.S. The manager of the Seaport looked like a deer in the headlights when he saw the line.

Exodus1 on
    Exodus1 wrote: »

It was WAY over-crowded last year, took like 2+ hours to get in, and by that time all the food except for some pretzels was gone, it also took about a 30+ minute wait just to get a drink. I definitely wont waste my time on the Curse party again this year. The most upsetting thing was, they were just letting people in off the street, people who didn't even have any idea what PAX(or Curse) was were getting in line, and being let in without having rsvp'd on their website.

P.S. The manager of the Seaport looked like a deer in the headlights when he saw the line.

So for the curse party... Yea the line to get in was incredibly long and they didnt manage it very well overall. Food was gone before a lot of people even got inside. Drinks on the other hand i had 0 problems with as I timed my waits in line and got about 6 or 7 drinks prior to me stopping for the night. I didnt so much mind the waits in line though as i made new friends and got swag. I had stayed in the seaport so it passed as an acceptable event for Saturday night.

Its the CCP party for me this year on Saturday. Besides jillians is a pretty nice venue so im happy with that choice.

I got in a little before the food was gone. That really sucks they were letting people who didn't RSVP in. I also didn't have too bad of a time getting drinks, I think the longest I waited was around 10 minutes. I met some awesome guys that were showing off some hardware at Pax and we hung out with them all night. All in all, it was my favorite party and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

PHEW! Ok, updated the OP. :) Let me know if I forgot anything! haha

Ln5yLL7.png
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular

If there is a spot in Boston Proper that is further from PAX EAST to hold a party, I really don't know where that is. However the venue and party are worth the trip if you are a true turbine fan. If your looking for inside info and a good time, and not interested in a dance/drinking binge party, it is worth the trip. Expect to pay for a cab ride home, the T does stop running earlier then the party.

This is more of a hang out, meet and great with great swag and great food. Drinks are pricey . I can honestly say I started going to PAX because of this party, not the otherway around.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    If anything im going with enough people that we'll be fine hitting a good bar close to our hotel or even playing some cards against humanity at one.

• BwentaliBwentali Registered User regular
    looks like the mad katz event has sold outta tickets. will have to update OP to reflect that.

I am very interested to hear about this event. The $50 was too steep for me (and I am not driving in until early Fri) but it had my interest.

• coolster23coolster23 Registered User regular
    I attended the Curse party last year and the line was quite long and I do agree that people were just coming in off the street without RSVP's to get in. After saying all that I really enjoyed the party. The music was good and a lot of people were dancing. I did not have much trouble getting a drink maybe 3- 5 minute wait max, and heck they were free all night which was pretty awesome.

I'd expect another long line this year so depending when you show up if you don't want to wait 1+ hours to get in, and the room was getting quite packed at times, it might not be your cup of tea.

This discussion has been closed.