As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Power [chat]

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    what if you try sushi and don't like it

DOES NOT COMPUTE

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

1271520145913.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    sSCnmLe.jpg

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    dsc04755.jpg

Reference prototype phone, running E Ink. Interesting.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Eating sushi makes you think about mercury poisoning which makes you think about the Roman god mercury which makes you think about buff naked male gods which makes you think about buff naked men making out on their honeymoon which makes you pro gay marriage

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    my fiancee gave me a choice today I can upgrade my computer or put away said money for a PS4/Xbox

Im conflicted :(

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    R.I.P. Frozen Peas

My Freezer

March, 2011-2013

"I'll get to these eventually, like in a stuffing or something"

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    my fiancee gave me a choice today I can upgrade my computer or put away said money for a PS4/Xbox

Why? The answer's pretty obvious

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

Why? The answer's pretty obvious

Its really not

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

Upgrade computer and wait for PS4 to come out and get games on it past the launch lineup. Xbox720 will just be a Kinect 2.0 box of fail whereas PS4 is being sold to us as the core games box with no 3D or stupid gimmicks this time we promise. I think Sony may have finally got with the program but best to wait and see what they deliver and if they can support the thing first.

488W936.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

PS4 isn't for another 8 months at least thought. Upgrade now, hide $50 a month, buy PS4 later!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

PS4 isn't for another 8 months at least thought. Upgrade now, hide $50 a month, buy PS4 later!

yea thats not happening we have a very very strict budget

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    And now I go to bed, goodnight chat.

My parting gift this evening shall be Russian Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, also known as ICBMs:

8BACB4D3E3F2C806D24E5FFE9F99F55B6455778C

Have fun, and try not to blow up anything important!

488W936.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Regina Spektor live is still one of my most memorable life moments. That is weird.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

I say upgrade the computer. Full stop.

• Options

Just wait and upgrade your computer. It will not fail you, and the PS4 remains an optimistic but unknown quantity.

488W936.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Well... sell plasma? That's like $30-50 every time, and you can do it twice a month. I had a friend in college who did it for beer money.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Upgrading seems like the obvious choice, honestly. The PS4 can wait, but your compy will be able to do top-end stuff until you get the PS4

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Honestly those reports about the fish that gives you explosive diarrhea being substituted for tuna in more than half of U.S. sushi has dampened my enthusiasm for sushi completely.

If you live outside the U.S. I guess you're good to go.

But here in the states? No thanks.

• Options
    Upgrade, bro.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular

Well... sell plasma? That's like $30-50 every time, and you can do it twice a month. I had a friend in college who did it for beer money.

Ooh, I need to do this.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Honestly those reports about the fish that gives you explosive diarrhea being substituted for tuna in more than half of U.S. sushi has dampened my enthusiasm for sushi completely.

Yeah it made me nervous because I eat lots of fish and have Crohns, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the Japanese govt has simply declared it illegal.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    My restaurant actually put escolar on the menu (I'm guessing that's the fish you're talking about, it's a common tuna substitute)

It's honestly not a problem unless you eat tons and tons of it

(That said restaurants should give you what they say is on the menu, obvs)

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Who the fuck tries sushi and dislikes it?

The only people who dislike sushi are those who have never tried it.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    not really an edit edit: five minutes of internet research has shown my chef may have been lying through his teeth. probably disregard this poor, naive, trusting server. it's not outright dangerous but apparently eating even a regular portion can give you intestinal distress

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I want PC upgrades and PS4 too, but the benefits of a PC Upgrade are concrete to me, while a PS4 is sketchy at this point. I know what I'm saving for!

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

I don't think we can sell plasma or any fluids in general up here

I mean shit if I could sell body fluids for money I'd be doing that shit as often as possible

• Options
    I want new PC, 720, PS4, in that order.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, status report

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Nothing to report.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    poshniallo wrote: »

Yeah it made me nervous because I eat lots of fish and have Crohns, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the Japanese govt has simply declared it illegal.

Illegal in some other countries as well.

Also the news reports didn't indicate that this was happening anywhere else (at least not to such a huge degree). They made it sound like it is specifically a U.S. practice, and a terrible one at that.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    I want PC upgrades and PS4 too, but the benefits of a PC Upgrade are concrete to me, while a PS4 is sketchy at this point. I know what I'm saving for!

See I see it as with a PS4 I'm going to get to play great games for the next lets say 6 years.

A PC upgrade costs the same price-ish and that last 2-3 tops befor I have to drop another 3-500 hundred maybe.

• Options
    I finally feel like I am starting to pull my own weight in STFs in Star Trek Online. Getting some Fleet MkXII phasers and a couple of those rad-ass Romulan consoles has definitely helped.

• Options
    Also Im waiting till E3 before I decide anything, the 720 still has this looming threat of no used games and that worries the shit out of me.

Also I wont pay to play online.

• Options
    Tarranon wrote: »
    My restaurant actually put escolar on the menu (I'm guessing that's the fish you're talking about, it's a common tuna substitute)

It's honestly not a problem unless you eat tons and tons of it

(That said restaurants should give you what they say is on the menu, obvs)

It should not be a 'common tuna substitute'

It is not even a food grade fish.

It's not even a pet food grade fish.

Your restaurant may as well be serving roadkill.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    steatorrhea
    waxy explosive fatty poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

night guys

This discussion has been closed.