As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini Phalla] Mafia - Village the Informed Minority (aka Mafia) and INANTP wins!

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in Critical Failures
Mafia
MafiaBoss.jpg

Scenario

The town of Phalla has been infested with members of the local mafia. They have been growing in power and leeching off the beautiful community for too long. The members of the town are fed up and decide to band together and get rid of them all. Only problem? They don't know who is mafia and who isn't. Its up to you to figure that out and ensure they don't take over.

Game Overview

Genre: Village v Mafia with a pretty vanilla roleset. Expect normal roles and a standard game. Read this thread for more information about how Phalla, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia, is played. If this is your first game, it will be informative to visit the linked topic for some background information.

Special Notes

This is not an Obi-phalla. I had an idea for a vanilla game and wanted to try it out.

Kill count might be high. It might also be low. Game length is gonna depend on players.

I am still ObiFett, though. There is a slight twist to this game. Nothing major, but something interesting nonetheless.

Voting

Due to pressure by the town, there will be regular votes to offer up members of your town for lynching. Vote for the player who you find most suspicious in bold red. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract vote for <player name>" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or change your vote by making another one in bold red. Do not, under any circumstance, edit a post that has a vote. If an edit is necessary, make a new post instead. The player who receives the most votes will be turned over to the mob and removed from the game. Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated, as well as the player that instigated the tie, whether that be due to a vote being placed or a vote being removed. If the vote winner is eliminated before the vote is resolved, there will be no "trickle down".

Voting will close each day at 10PM MST SHARP; any votes before the hour (x:59) will count, any votes on the hour and later (x:00) will not.

Orders

If you have orders, they need to be submitted before vote close.

Signing Up

Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or other bright, easily visible color to ensure that your intent to play is acknowledged.

Signups will be open until we reach the maximum amount of players (25). I would love to be able to have more, but this is what I have it balanced for. If demand is high enough, I might be able to push it to 30, but no higher. The game will start as soon as we have enough players.

Inactivity

It is expected that players make at least two posts and make a vote.. A warning will be sent on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the player will be eliminated from the game.

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

All proboards must be linked to the host and all conversations must have the host included.

Sample Villager PM
You are a Townsperson. The filthy mafia have made your town the home of their scum and villainy for too long. Its up to you and the rest of the town to use your numbers and finally be rid of them. The town has armed itself to the teeth and is ready to take out all the members of the mafia.

Wincon: Eliminate the mafia

ObiFett on

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Clarifications

Will go here

Initial Sign-ups
    1 - Xenogears of Bore
    3 - INANTP
    4 - kime
    5 - cesareB
    6 - MrTLicious
    7 - The_Anonymous
    9 - Baidol
    10 - BradicusMaximus
    12 - Smasher
    13 - Invictus
    15 - Facetious
    16 - GrimmyTOA
    17 - MegaMek
    18 - TheRoadVirus
    19 - CaptainPlanet82
    20 - Langly
    22 - Griswold
    23 - Bliss101
    24 - premium
    25 - Gizzy

Reserves:
    1 - Mill
    2 - Iron Weasel
    3 - Assuran

Results

Night 1
    GrimmyTOA - Serial Killer - Suffocation
    Bliss101 - Townsperson - Hung from a Lightpost

Night 2
    Langly - Serial Killer - Suffocation
    Facetious - Townsperson - Hit and Run
    Baidol - Townsperson - Garroted and Drive By

Night 3
    MegaMek - Townsperson - Lynching
    cesareB - Mafia - Hit and Run and Drive By
    TheRoadVirus - Townsperson - Stabbed

Night 4
    BradicusMaximus - Serial Killer - Car Bomb
    The_Anonymous - Mafia - Hit and Run and Car Bomb

Night 5
    Griswold - Serial Killer - Hung from a lightpost
    Gizzy - Townsperson - Shot
    premium - Mafia - Shot
    Smasher - Mafia - Shot
    Xenogears of Bore - Mafia - Shot

Narrations

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Final

ObiFett on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    !sign up

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Coming off my first day one death for a comeback

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I owe you a clever exploitation of the rules

liEt3nH.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I am all the mafias?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Vanilla is my favorite flavor!

Also I am a liar.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !play

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    It's me, I'm all of the mafias

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Reserves
    RL shit continues to be shitty.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I smell a rat.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    signup

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Reserve

Figure I'll let people who have been missing out on the last few minis get a shot. Also have some RL matters to content with.

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I'm up for vanilla!

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Yup, I'm signing up.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Invictus wrote: »
    Yup, I'm signing up.

Well I'm not.

Kaplar on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hey a vote close that allows me to get home from work in time to do stuff.

And then be super suspicious for late actions.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    !sign up

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sure!

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    you can't DECIDE I'm drunk. That's between me and God.

• CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    you can't DECIDE I'm drunk. That's between me and God.

wow. drunk at 8am. sign me up! I'm off all next week!

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    He's in Central time, so it's even earlier. Attaboy, TRV!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    signup

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Its 830! That means....
    Shotsshotsshotsshots

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Okay so, assuming I've counted properly (a fairly tall order for me), we just need five more people to sign up.

Come on guys, we can do this.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Sure!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    ObiFett?
    More like.....
    SlowbiList. Am I right? Guys? Get it?

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Reserve, please!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    ObiFett?
    More like.....

Booooooooo

GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    ObiFett?
    More like.....

Booooooooo
    Get off the stage!

• CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    ObiFett?
    More like.....

I....I'm....not sure i understand. Are you saying he has a low IQ and swings both ways? Wouldn't that make him hosting even more interesting? I'm confused.

e: wait... is the whole list slow and into men and women? did it really take you this long to figure it out? keep up man!

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    !sign up

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    ObiFett?
    More like.....

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-504

Tomato broke sound barrier and D-127F's face.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Reserve

I go to bed about 4 hours before vote close now, so I'm not sure I should play.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Three spots left

We'd be ready to go if the reserves would get off their butt and go to full sign up

ObiFett wrote: »
    Three spots left

We'd be ready to go if the reserves would get off their butt and go to full sign up
    Executive decision time!

∩___∩
    |(• ◡•)|

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Fine. Don't expect too much.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    If I must

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg