As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

1343536373840»

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Assuran wrote: »
    The pure survival neutral is boring. I improvised in Invictus' game and engaged in some role playing, but it only got me killed.

I loved the concept of the blood broker Setite in my game who had to interact with all factions to win. It needed a slight tweak in retrospect, however, because it was too easily co-opted by Langly.

I also like the idea of (redacted because it's in my next phalla), that I'll discuss after the game is over.

Premium was the neutral who had to survive to the end in my game; I'm not even sure you were in my game at all.

EDITED you fixed it! : )

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    You should post our PMs. Where I accused you of plotting to murder me but then VS did it for you.

I had VS kill you because both you and Baidol claimed to have fixed comms. Baidol explained that one of you must be lying so you died first.

Then when you came up green, Baidol had to, and did, die.

I've been wondering about this. I really did get a PM saying I fixed the comm array.

Hey hosts, did both Mikey and myself receive PM's that said we fixed the comm array?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    what real use is a village narration manipulation?

make everyone in the network raise their brow and wonder if a mafioso would really admit such an ability

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Given that mafia usually likes to split up their votes, there must have been terrorists aboard the XoB bandwagon on day 2, yet none have so far been discovered.

Therefore my suspect list for today consists of OminousLozenge, Iron Weasel, Macallan, and Sir Fabulous.

This must have been my best suspect list in a long time. Too bad I changed my mind about IW later.

MSL59.jpg
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    You should post our PMs. Where I accused you of plotting to murder me but then VS did it for you.

I had VS kill you because both you and Baidol claimed to have fixed comms. Baidol explained that one of you must be lying so you died first.

Then when you came up green, Baidol had to, and did, die.

I've been wondering about this. I really did get a PM saying I fixed the comm array.

Hey hosts, did both Mikey and myself receive PM's that said we fixed the comm array?

You could just ask me, buddy. No, Baidol, I did not get a PM confirming it. However, I was the only person who claimed space so I assed that was a host error. I also made it perfectly clear, regardless of potential mafia threat, on night one and two that was my plan. Because of all this, I assumed it was host oversight when narration claimed it was fixed. I did not, however, claim to ObiFett that I received a confirmation PM.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Someone bookmark or save that post so we can put that in Phalla University when I finally get it approved.

Especially the first part. I'm tired of people saying SKs are neutral :P

I think that's a myth put out by SKs. I'm neutral! With a kill! That shows up black/grey in narration. Just flavor. Those crazy hosts. Watch I'll prove it:
    Is the grey kill from a SK or from a neutral?

Ugh Confirmation Denied! Stupid Host! But seriously, who's the seer, because I'd hate to kill them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Hello hello.

I really liked the flavour of this game.

Also, I would definitely eat that pie again. In fact, I guarantee you, I will never not eat a pie in any game, regardless of how explicitly deadly it is.

My favourite part of this game was sending in my order to eat the pie. I am not even joking.

My role was pretty fun too I guess, although I missed my orders on night 1, which severely hampered my usefulness.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Added to my host notes: add trap pie

OrokosPA.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZcZ2h4Ths

Skip to 1:54.

Replace Donuts with Trap Pies.

Nobody can ever know.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Sir Fab's pie eating order was a thing of beauty, and is reproduced here:
    Okay here's what I'm going to do:

I start off by just touching it. Just lightly caressing it's sweet crispy exterior. I can feel every part of that wonderful pastry. Every bump, every blemish. It's all beautiful. Some people think that a pie casing must be completely smooth, but I know differently. I know that a pie is like a glass of wine.

Of course the average Joe will drink a glass of wine.

"This is quite good," he will say. Or "I love the oaky flavour."

But both you and I know that he is only getting a small part of the enjoyment that comes with the wine. He hasn't truly observed it. He hasn't connected with it on a level more intimate than can be achieved by any woman. This is how I feel about pie.

And so as I run my fingers fleetingly over the pastry, I close my eyes and really let my nerves narrate the pie's story to me. It is wonderful, heavenly, perhaps the greatest experience that can be achieved. And this is only part one.

Now I get to smell the pie. I have been holding my breath this whole time. I know the proper order of things after all. To be headstrong is to ruin the experience. Every step must be taken only after the total completion of what came previously. Now the aroma fills my nostrils. I have smelled hundreds of pies. There are so many kinds, and each has a completely unique scent, revealing it's flavour, it's creation, it's entire backstory. There are pies made with love by old grandmother's smiling at the picture of their grandchildren beaming in excitement of a fruity dessert made with love and attention. There are pies made by factory workers. They may not have that earthy aroma of being baked in a kitchen by the matriarch of a joyous family, but they are special in their own way. They smell like precision. Each ingredient put into the filling so that everything fits just right. The chemicals present to preserve and protect this pie from the elements. There is something calming about it in a way that only a true pie connoisseur could appreciate.

It is strange. I have never smelled anything like this pie before. A brief thought enters my mind. Could my senses have been dulled by the long trip through space? I pray that this is not the case. It is true that now I'm intrigued. I almost rush on. Almost make haste in my excitement. I stop myself at the last moment. The thought of a brand new pie should not contaminate the experience.

After cataloguing the odour in my mind, I take out my tools. They are simple, and yet effective. A knife, a fork and a plate. Once again I admire their craftsmanship. The knife, sharp and light. Allowing for precise control. A clean cut. This allows the knife to enter the pie effortlessly without creating ugly fissures in the shell that will distract from future attempts at artful observation. The fork is just as important clean and bright. Also quite light. It is small and unobtrusive, allowing your mouth to really feel the pie as if in a natural state. I have had it for many years. Finally, the plate. Although often seen as rather unimportant, the plate ties everything together. It must be spotless so as not to influence the wholly individual taste of the pie. It is a light beige colour with a floral design. This is complementary to almost every pie. With such a plate, one could "accidentally" forget the pie on a coffee table and walk away to observe it from a distance. Such art can put million dollar pieces to shame.

Properly prepared, I press my knife into the pie at a 22.5 degree angle, eyeing it perfectly through my years of practice. The penultimate step is to marvel in the way the knife cuts the pie. It is firm, yet gentle. A great deal can be told by how the knife passes through the filling. Are there berries inside? Is it smooth and creamy like a pumpkin pie? How evenly distributed is the filling?

I can feel the pastry parting like flesh. Like a glorious surgery, exposing the inside of the diseased individual to the outside world. Glistening, dripping, with just the hint of a squelch, the filling is exposed to the air, gasping as if it has been underground for eternity. The light plays off of the seeds dispersed throughout.

Now, finally, it is time. Carefully, oh so carefully, so that not a fragment is left behind, I lift a piece away from it's birthing body, and set it upon my plate. I am breathing heavily at this point. My face is flushed, my pupils dilating. A warmth spreads through my body as I think about the most joyous parts of my life. There is a pit inside me that cannot be filled. I must consume this sweet treat.

I lift a tiny part of pie from the thin end of the piece. My tongue, coated with saliva, snakes out of my mouth and lightly caresses the piece. I whimper ever so slightly, suddenly lost in the taste. The glands in my mouth are working full force now preparing my body for the holy pilgrimage of pastry. Before entering my mouth, I work the bit on my fork with my tongue, fellating it slightly.

I think I will enjoy this pie.

Also, I think that if the Trap Pie is my only lasting contribution to Phalla, I'll be okay with that.

Mother of god...

OrokosPA.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Assured Victory until a bunch of neutrals and mobsters voted me out.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Boo at the mafia for killing me on day 3. I was having fun setting fires and RNGing people. Had known that live storage was immune to fires, I would have had my first one that could spread, roll into control.

Thanks for hosting Grimmy and TRV.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Well I was going to write a bit on what I thought of the game but Fab's pie experience made me lose my train of thought/hungry.
    Hungry...
    for pie

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    This seemed like a really awesome phalla. I thoroughly enjoyed my time aboard the ship before I offed myself. My mind was so frazzled from work and the impending vaction I took that despite reading the narration, my brain said the airlock was safe. I would've prefered to have withdrawn but its for the best that I was out of this. I was dead to the internet for 3 days or so. Either way, I hope another one is run like this soon!

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    So were the mafia the only people fighting fires? Damn it all village.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    Mill wrote: »
    Boo at the mafia for killing me on day 3. I was having fun setting fires and RNGing people. Had known that live storage was immune to fires, I would have had my first one that could spread, roll into control.

Thanks for hosting Grimmy and TRV.

wait, so they did end up making you an SK. But you are listed as a neutral.

So what was the deal exactly O_O ?

Imprecise language. I didn't know that it was such a hot button issue.

edited February 2013
    was he basically a neutral vig or an SK that seered as a neutral?

edit: I'm guessing he played the game as a traditional SK and was under the impression that was what he was. Based on "you are an SK" and seeing as how things played out.

Egos on
    Yeah, he was a serial killer in every respect. He was a bit stronger than a regular sk, as he required people to fight the fires he started or they'd spread and start shutting down zones. The village stayed right on top of the firefighting, though, so it never materialized.

I helped put out fires, maybe.

OrokosPA.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Sir Fab's pie eating order is absolutely magnificent.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    Fun fact: I had entered orders to eat the pie in Live Storage on Night 5 or 6, but got cold feet at the last minute and fought a fire instead.

Currently Playing:
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hello hello.

I really liked the flavour of this game.

Also, I would definitely eat that pie again. In fact, I guarantee you, I will never not eat a pie in any game, regardless of how explicitly deadly it is.

My favourite part of this game was sending in my order to eat the pie. I am not even joking.

My role was pretty fun too I guess, although I missed my orders on night 1, which severely hampered my usefulness.

Your pm you sent us for the pie eating, @Sir Fabulous, was glorious

Erin The Red on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Fun fact: I had entered orders to eat the pie in Live Storage on Night 5 or 6, but got cold feet at the last minute and fought a fire instead.

Were it not for your cold feet about the warm pie, the mafia may have lost

Grimmy already posted it.

My thought process was literally:
    "Could this kill me? Would the hosts do that? Because if the hosts did that, I think would grudge them forever."
    "I don't wanna grudge them forever."
    "Ok, leave the pie alone, I guess."

Currently Playing:

"Could this kill me? Would the hosts do that? Because if the hosts did that, I think would grudge them forever."

WE SAID IN NARRATION IT WAS MADE OF ACID OR EXPLOSIVES.

this game hopefully will be used as a lesson on reading narrations being a good thing.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Next you'll expect people to read the OP.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

this game hopefully will be used as a lesson on reading narrations being a good thing.
    LISTEN MAN, I WAS BUSY TRYING TO STEAL THE GAME FROM THE VILLAGE, OK?

That was the only line of narration that I missed in 7 days. Do you expect me to do everything?

Currently Playing:
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular

That was the only line of narration that I missed in 7 days. Do you expect me to do everything?

After the stellar showing you made in this game? Yes, absolutely. :-p

Sometimes I have ideas for things.

No, Mr. Weasel.
    I expect you.... to die