As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 2/27/13: Hey. We can't help being great.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I love that his health bar went down in that last frame.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Hacking is AWESOME.

AlwJer1.jpg
    Re2UZeN.jpg

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    So Avenging Spider-man, I just picked up the most recent issue based on "superior Spidey:baby sitter"

Now I am in love with the Future Fondation. So now I am sorely tempted to look into FF books.

That means ill have Avenger, Spidey,x-men, AND FF books to buy.

It's too much Marvel. Stop being amazing!

Oh, someone let me know what happens to Damien Wayne please/thanks!

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    He faked his death to fly around space with Powergirl dressed as a bunny and wear a Matches Malone costume. This is what I choose to believe!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    He faked his death to fly around space with Powergirl dressed as a bunny and wear a Matches Malone costume. This is what I choose to believe!

Well now when I find out, the truth won't be able to live up to such a beautiful lie!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It wasn't Power Girl it was Steph

and it was wonderful

Solar wrote: »

and it was wonderful

He was thinking of power girl though. ;)

Ya my bad, I was mixing up the bunny costume, and him bugging Powergirl just as hard in a different issue ( Also, Powergirl can fly him around space for magical adventures, we can always get more bunny costumes!)

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

and it was wonderful

It wasn't either of those! It was Supergirl, you chowderheads. In Superman/Batman #77.

and it was wonderful

It wasn't either of those! It was Supergirl, you chowderheads. In Superman/Batman #77.

And yet with all our chowderhead mistakes we all still have a better grasp of continuity than DC :)

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Someone's gonna do a fan comic with Stephanie, Cassandra, and Damian and I am gonna be :(

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm sad we never got a story with Damian and Cassandra

She should've been the Bat-family member he respected most

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    does she even exist in the new52?

Nope. Not yet, at least.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Isn't Cass Black Bat?

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Have they shown her as Black Bat since the New 52 started? As far as I can recall, she only showed up as Black Bat in pre-Flashpoint Batman, Inc. and Gates of Gotham.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Have they shown her as Black Bat since the New 52 started? As far as I can recall, she only showed up as Black Bat in pre-Flashpoint Batman, Inc. and Gates of Gotham.

The two far superior Batgirls don't exist (or don't exist yet) in the New52. It's a crying shame.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I'm kind of afraid of what DC might do to Cassandra and Stephanie if they get brought back. I think there's a pretty high risk that they'll "Asian up" Cass a lot more.

The two far superior Batgirls don't exist (or don't exist yet) in the New52. It's a crying shame.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Personally I prefer Batwoman to any of the Batgirls

But I did like Cass

Tairu on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Steph was the best batgirl, was the most fun, and had the best interactions with Damian.
    Cass was best post-batgirl when she came back in Red Robin and Incorporated.

Batwoman is indeed better than both.

edited March 2013
    It's difficult to say which character is the best considering how different they are. I personally like Cass's Batgirl run the most since it has a good mix of dark depressing elements along with the themes of redemption and hope. I really like Cass's belief that bad people can overcome those darker impulses and redeem themselves. That's also one of my favorite elements of Batman: TAS and the DCAU.

Also, Cass didn't do much of anything after she came back. Her appearances after the whole turning evil debacle could barely be considered cameos.

KingofMadCows on
    I just feel that Cass got shafted a lot during her Batgirl time. :(

edited March 2013
    Yes, she does go through quite many trials and tribulations. Except for Barbara and Alfred, the Bat family didn't seem nearly as supportive of her as other members. Heck, Batman didn't even bother to try to teach her sign language. However, despite all the crap she has to go through, she still has faith in people's capacity to overcome hardship and do good.

KingofMadCows on
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I definitely prefer Batwoman.

I wonder how much of that has to do with the lack of crossover to the Bat family proper.

Probably not much. Batwoman is a beautiful, beautiful book.

I really wish there were more crossovers with the Bat family. I feel like they could do a great friendly-rivalry thing with Bruce and Kate.

oE0mva1.jpg
    I definitely prefer Batwoman.

I wonder how much of that has to do with the lack of crossover to the Bat family proper.

Probably not much. Batwoman is a beautiful, beautiful book.

The Wonder Woman/Batwoman team up was the best thing. And Wonder Woman was actually true to her own title's characterization.

And yeah, it's in the trio of best art in the New 52 alongside Wonder Woman and The Flash. God damn those beautiful two-page 'able to hang and frame this' spreads.
    I really wish there were more crossovers with the Bat family. I feel like they could do a great friendly-rivalry thing with Bruce and Kate.

She was a part of Inc. in old-52. She might eventually be again.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Steph is better than Batwoman, any other Batgirl and Batman too for that matter

Steph is the best

Damien matches her though

Steph is better than Batwoman

Aren't we just full of controversial opinions today?

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I think Batwoman's pretty boring, honestly, and saved only by JH Williams' art.

I dropped the New 52 book, when it was clear they were doing another Flamebird Is Terrible and Must Learn a Lesson story, and never missed it.

Oh, I haven't read the book since #1, but the idea of Kate exceeds everyone else I know of in the Bat family.

Much, from what i've seen of the Wonder Woman arc it got awesome. I was also not into it after the first arc.

But either way, the character was strong enough when Rucka was writing her to leave a lasting impression in my brain.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Where is today's MotW thread? Was there just no good moments this week?

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i still have to read today's comics

Munch wrote: »

I dropped the New 52 book, when it was clear they were doing another Flamebird Is Terrible and Must Learn a Lesson story, and never missed it.

It also doesn't help that we know so little about how much of Bette Kane's past has been retconned in the New 52. Although, if they had made Stephanie Batwoman's sidekick, they probably wouldn't have put her through the crap that Bette went through.

Also, the one thing that I find really strange about Batwoman is that there seems to be a chunk of her career missing. She's trained to deal with a lot of practical and realistic (at least by comic book standards) scenarios like fighting murderers and terrorists. However, as Batwoman, she's fighting all sorts of supernatural enemies. Yet, she's completely unfazed or even impressed by any of it. Pretty much every street level crime fighter expresses some level of disbelief the first time they deal with a fantastical event. Cass, despite being trained as an assassin since birth, was surprised the first time she fought a metahuman. What in Batwoman's training prepared her to fight shapeshifting monsters and malevolent spirits?

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I believe her history with the crime bible or whatever is intact, which is full of supernatural stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Munch wrote: »

It also doesn't help that we know so little about how much of Bette Kane's past has been retconned in the New 52. Although, if they had made Stephanie Batwoman's sidekick, they probably wouldn't have put her through the crap that Bette went through.

Also, the one thing that I find really strange about Batwoman is that there seems to be a chunk of her career missing. She's trained to deal with a lot of practical and realistic (at least by comic book standards) scenarios like fighting murderers and terrorists. However, as Batwoman, she's fighting all sorts of supernatural enemies. Yet, she's completely unfazed or even impressed by any of it. Pretty much every street level crime fighter expresses some level of disbelief the first time they deal with a fantastical event. Cass, despite being trained as an assassin since birth, was surprised the first time she fought a metahuman. What in Batwoman's training prepared her to fight shapeshifting monsters and malevolent spirits?

Check out 52

Where is today's MotW thread? Was there just no good moments this week?

Somebody's got to make one, and I haven't read any of this weeks' comics yet.

edited March 2013
    I've read 52 and Elegy. There's really nothing to suggest that Batwoman was ever that fazed by all the crazy crap she had to deal with. I don't think they've ever shown the first time she encountered supernatural villains. I think recent arc with Wonder Woman was the only time she expressed some disbelief.

Also, is 52 even canon anymore? If all the crises were retconned out then how would 52 have been possible? Not to mention how the Question's been completely retconned so it's unlikely that Renee Montoya was ever the Question.

KingofMadCows on
    Nothing happened before Flashpoint, except all of the GL and Batman canon. So ...

/shrug