As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Forumer's Complete Guide To PAX

13»

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You mean lanyards? im not sure.

My guess would be yes but its just that, a guess.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Last year ATI was giving them out for free.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Then you could trade it in for a better Nvidia one.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Then you could trade it in for a better Nvidia one.

Wish I could do that with my card as well.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ditto

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    astroboyastroboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Help!

I don't know where to ask this (I've already emailed mikef, but haven't received a response yet):

I registered for a 3-day pass for myself, and a 1-day Friday pass for a friend. Last week I received my 3-day pass in the mail. But I haven't received the 1-day pass yet. Do they send them out separately, or do you think a mistake has been made?

This is my first time attending, and I don't know what to do. :(

astroboy on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: PlayerOne
    My Collection
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Multiple passes are sent out in separate envelopes and they don't always arrive on the same day for some reason.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    nintendoFREAKnintendoFREAK Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    I don't know how they feel about having pictures taken with people during signings, but I imagine it would hold up the line considerably if everybody did that.

Signings? Plural?

From what I can tell, there will only be one G&T signing (even though there's an A listed with it on the .pdf, as if there will at least be a B as well), it's only an hour and a half long, and if you want a good spot in line, you'll need to leave their making a strip panel early.

And it's probably unlikely to get a sketch during the signing(s) cause of line length?

nintendoFREAK on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    I wrote that close to a month ago before the schedule was released.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    nintendoFREAKnintendoFREAK Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    But, still, what's interesting is that the .pdf lists it as A, as if there will be a B.

nintendoFREAK on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smilingmadmansmilingmadman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My first PAX.

How much money can I expect to be spending per day, on average? I know I've seen this question answered somewhere before, but can't remember the answer and I figure this is probably the best thread to ask in.

smilingmadman on
  • Options
    pjarvipjarvi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My first PAX.

How much money can I expect to be spending per day, on average? I know I've seen this question answered somewhere before, but can't remember the answer and I figure this is probably the best thread to ask in.

There are 3 main categories of things to spend money on:

1.) Bawls - If you like sucking on Bawls all day, bring $10-$20/day just for Bawls. If you plan on buying a case, plan accordingly, I forget what the cost of a case was.

2.) Food - Unless you are planning on going out to breakfast with a group, then don't worry about money for breakfast. Figure $5-$10/day for lunch, and $5-$15/day for dinner. It depends on whether you want to eat fast food or go to a restaurant. Personally, I would recommend $10/day for lunch and $15/day for dinner. It's nice to eat at a restaurant after being on your feet all day at PAX.

3.) Swag - If you plan on buying anything in the exhibit hall (t-shirts, books, posters, candy, games, etc...) then bring enough to cover what you plan on buying. If you're not sure what you might want to buy then bring $40-$60.

How much you spend is really up to you. You can eat very cheaply and save a lot of money. The hotel I stayed at last year had a small kitchen in the room, so I just bought a box of cereal and some milk to cover breakfast, and a 2-liter bottle of soda to avoid vending machines. I kept lunch down to one food item and a bottle of juice, just enough to keep me going through the day, and then splurged on dinner at restaurants. Plan on actually going outside of the convention center to eat. You can come and go as you please, don't be afraid of the Sun, and look forward to eating at places you normally wouldn't think of.

pjarvi on
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    pjarvi wrote: »

1.) Bawls - If you like sucking on Bawls all day, bring $10-$20/day just for Bawls. If you plan on buying a case, plan accordingly, I forget what the cost of a case was.

Last year it was $20 for a case of 24 bottles, or $1 per bottle individually. They also had Sno-Bawls for (don't quote me on this) $2.50 for your first one which included a water bottle to hold it, and $1 for refills.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    pjarvipjarvi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yoshamano wrote: »

Last year it was $20 for a case of 24 bottles, or $1 per bottle individually. They also had Sno-Bawls for (don't quote me on this) $2.50 for your first one which included a water bottle to hold it, and $1 for refills.

Sounds about right, I couldn't remember the cost of Sno-Bawls. I hear they are going to have Cherry Bawls this year as well? My $10-$20 estimate for Bawls seems a bit high, $5 a day will probably be enough for most people that just want to casually enjoy some Bawls. I was addicted to Sno-Bawls myself, sucking that down like a kid with Kool-aid.

pjarvi on
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yar, Sno-Bawls is frozen crack in a cup. They better have brought a few semi's of regular Bawls since we managed to drain their truck load by Saturday afternoon last year.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    smilingmadmansmilingmadman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My first PAX.

There are 3 main categories of things to spend money on:

2.) Food - Unless you are planning on going out to breakfast with a group, then don't worry about money for breakfast. Figure $5-$10/day for lunch, and $5-$15/day for dinner. It depends on whether you want to eat fast food or go to a restaurant. Personally, I would recommend $10/day for lunch and $15/day for dinner. It's nice to eat at a restaurant after being on your feet all day at PAX.

3.) Swag - If you plan on buying anything in the exhibit hall (t-shirts, books, posters, candy, games, etc...) then bring enough to cover what you plan on buying. If you're not sure what you might want to buy then bring $40-$60.

How much you spend is really up to you. You can eat very cheaply and save a lot of money. The hotel I stayed at last year had a small kitchen in the room, so I just bought a box of cereal and some milk to cover breakfast, and a 2-liter bottle of soda to avoid vending machines. I kept lunch down to one food item and a bottle of juice, just enough to keep me going through the day, and then splurged on dinner at restaurants. Plan on actually going outside of the convention center to eat. You can come and go as you please, don't be afraid of the Sun, and look forward to eating at places you normally wouldn't think of.

Thanks for the info! I do love me some Bawls.

smilingmadman on
  • Options
    LovleyLovley Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I got 2 of my 3 badges about a week and a half ago. but still not the 3rd. Pax is tomorrow what do i do? i have e mailed a few people but have heard nothing back. The last pass is for a friend flying in today and i dont know what im gonna tell him about his pass.

HELP im freaking.

Lovley on
  • Options
    IcithisIcithis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    His head will probably implode upon arrival :(

Or you can just show up to the Con with IDs, and everything will get sorted out.

Icithis on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay, this is something i wanted to post on the boards but couldn't find the right thread and instead post it here just so that I can ensure I did this bit of kindness.

Since EBGames and Gamestop stopped taking used PC games, its become quite hard finding cheap old school games. One of the few good places for this is Half Price Books. There is one a stones throw away from the Convention center.

Also, there is a cafe that has really cheap food during their nine o clock happy hour and since it closes at 2 am, i thought it would be a good option for PAXer's. Faire gallery and cafe, free wireless as well so you aren't offline. Not invested in either one but wanted to put in my bit of knowledge and hope I at least helped out someone.

Mapped for kindness.

paxdirectionscx0.png

OH GOD, I JUST REALIZED THIS WAS IN BAD TASTE! PLEAAAAAASE DON'T BAN ME!!!!!

If your cab driver is Somali, say you went to high school with Warsame, very VERY common name.

And Lastly, if you eat at Westlake, think long and hard over your choice.

edit: I forgot to mention that this store was the same place I got a copy of CE Oblivion minus the septim for $30

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Half price books is THE awesome. If someone is looking for old games/comics/LPs/books and such, that is THE place to go.

I have one here in Redmond, and it never fails to please!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    really? i live in redmond and never seen any cool games in there >.> hmm guess ill be paying it a visit today or tomarrow mhm

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What exactly is PAX? What goes on there? Also im 13 should i be going with my mom and a friend?

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
This discussion has been closed.