As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    coolster23 wrote: »
    I attended the Curse party last year and the line was quite long and I do agree that people were just coming in off the street without RSVP's to get in. After saying all that I really enjoyed the party. The music was good and a lot of people were dancing. I did not have much trouble getting a drink maybe 3- 5 minute wait max, and heck they were free all night which was pretty awesome.

I'd expect another long line this year so depending when you show up if you don't want to wait 1+ hours to get in, and the room was getting quite packed at times, it might not be your cup of tea.

I am still working on getting the info on sign ups/when this will be. I will keep the thread updated once I get some info.

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Bought a ticket for the Sanshee event. That shall be my first PAX party, and it looks to be within reasonable walking distance (20-30 minutes according to Google Maps). Not a bad place for it.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    just got my email from Turbine

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »

Me too! Enjoyed last year's party and looking forward to it again

• def PDdef PD Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    coolster23 wrote: »
    I attended the Curse party last year and the line was quite long and I do agree that people were just coming in off the street without RSVP's to get in. After saying all that I really enjoyed the party. The music was good and a lot of people were dancing. I did not have much trouble getting a drink maybe 3- 5 minute wait max, and heck they were free all night which was pretty awesome.

I'd expect another long line this year so depending when you show up if you don't want to wait 1+ hours to get in, and the room was getting quite packed at times, it might not be your cup of tea.

I am still working on getting the info on sign ups/when this will be. I will keep the thread updated once I get some info.

Good deal! Yeah, the line to get in was pretty ridiculous (it took me and my friends probably 45 mins - 1 hr.), but met some real cool guys (from Borderland Gaming (not Borderlands the game) and have been keeping in touch with them since. Didn't have any issues with getting drinks (just remember to tip the bartenders well and they'll remember you next time, that's what I did).

This is why we can't have nice things!
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yep, my husband and I are waiting on Curse party info. I think that will be our party of choice. Unless there's an Irrational party at the same time, then we're gonna have a problem. :P hehe

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    So we are all in the same boat. From the curse post before I would be willing to guess we will hear something tomorrow or next week.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    If anyone doesnt do the party thing (sorry if I shouldnt post this in this thread) would people be willing to meet at a bar for some CaH?

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    JerYnkFan wrote: »
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »

Me too! Enjoyed last year's party and looking forward to it again

me three and my friend four.. make sure to show up late so i get you swag

Curse has announced their party info. It can be found here: http://www.curse.com/news/curse/47767-rsvp-for-curses-wildstar-pax-east-after-party

• Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular
    Curse has announced their party info. It can be found here: http://www.curse.com/news/curse/47767-rsvp-for-curses-wildstar-pax-east-after-party

nice thanks i think im going to check out the curse party this year.

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Man i swore i wasn't going to go to any parties this year. Hungover PAX isn't fun lol. But if Curse is in the Seaport i don't have to worry about getting home safe. Specially if Wildstar is involved. :D

Looks like they will make it easier to get in this year with the printed tickets and all. Sucks it isn't open bar. I can see that being cost prohibitive.

Awesome! Signed up and updated the OP. :) PAX PAX PAX!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Agent00Agent00 Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    Looks like they will make it easier to get in this year with the printed tickets and all. Sucks it isn't open bar. I can see that being cost prohibitive.

Pretty sure the Curse party at Prime had printed tickets and the line was pretty terrible. Fun when I got in though.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Is the Curse party actually 21+? It says NOWHERE that I can see that is is explicitly 21+, as one of my friends is 20.

If you can point to a big oversight that'd be cool too.

PurpleBek on
    pax%20sig.png
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    The CCP party is sold out for Saturday.

Agent00 wrote: »

Pretty sure the Curse party at Prime had printed tickets and the line was pretty terrible. Fun when I got in though.

Well there goes that idea lol

• xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Is the Curse party actually 21+? It says NOWHERE that I can see that is is explicitly 21+, as one of my friends is 20.

In the past it was 18+

http://www.curse.com/news/curse/44859-last-chance-to-rsvp-for-the-curse-pax-east-after
    proof if anyone is doubting it.

xil on
    Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Signed up for Turbine and Curse. Anyone knows if the Turbine one also gets insane lines? 1st time at Pax and all I hear is there are lines for everything :P

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    Curse is official! Hallelujah, RSVP'd myself and a few friends. See y'all there!!!

Looks like MAD Catz will be posting extra tickets "soon" according to their Twitter page. If anybody missed out on that, like myself, keep an eye on the ticket page and/or their Twitter page!

• kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    yes! oh Iv'e been looking for this (curse party info). registered and it's located within walking distance to the westin. So happy, this is gonna be great =D

• peachgeekpeachgeek Registered User regular
    RSVP'd for Curse! Super excited, I heard this party was great before. Looking forward to it as a PAX East newbie.

It is always a great time (even if a bit crowded). Welcome to the boards!

SinoSamba wrote: »
    Signed up for Turbine and Curse. Anyone knows if the Turbine one also gets insane lines? 1st time at Pax and all I hear is there are lines for everything :P

Turbine is a meet and greet basically. Probably the tamest of the parties, but has the best food

Pre-Paxdinner, Mad Katz, Turbine, Curse.... dance card is getting full.

Dolarrah wrote: »

Turbine is a meet and greet basically. Probably the tamest of the parties, but has the best food

I signed up for both. Will try to make an appearance at each!

Dolarrah wrote: »

I signed up for both. Will try to make an appearance at each!

Cool, see you there. Turbine party is line to get it, but only a little one compaired to everything else. Once in, it pretty laid back. Lots of food usually, bar is never a wait.

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

That's been the talk of the last solid page ;)

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

wait....did someone already beat me to it? Did i really misread that bad lol

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »

wait....did someone already beat me to it? Did i really misread that bad lol

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/25976317/#Comment_25976317 above on this page.

• rewarrewar Boston, MassRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    see u guys at the Curse shindig!

and thanks for posting the info!!!!

and thanks for Krissta for being the Gatekeeper of the PAX Parties!!!

rewar on
  • MagicSwordKingMagicSwordKing | (• ◡•)|╯╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    RSVP'd for Curse. If I can somehow drink enough over the course of PAX that I'm unconscious the entire twelve-hour train ride home, I'm going to be thrilled.

Aperture Safety Personal Observation Tester for Aperture Testing and Observation, Honorary Alphanaut, Grandmaster of the Tychonian Guard, Chronicler of the House of Brahe, Senior Editor for Mustache News, Agent of O.S.P.R.E.Y., PAX COPS Detective Inspector, and PAX Tours Saboteur.

"I think he starts in reality and ends in fantasy."
    "No he starts in fantasy and ends in chaos."
    -Anonymous
    EchoZero wrote: »
    The CCP party is sold out for Saturday.

Thanks, dude! Changed the OP. ;)

Ln5yLL7.png
    xil wrote: »
    PurpleBek wrote: »

In the past it was 18+

http://www.curse.com/news/curse/44859-last-chance-to-rsvp-for-the-curse-pax-east-after
    proof if anyone is doubting it.

Intardesting... I'll change the link to read "21+?" until we figure it out!

Ln5yLL7.png
    rewar wrote: »
    see u guys at the Curse shindig!

and thanks for posting the info!!!!

and thanks for Krissta for being the Gatekeeper of the PAX Parties!!!

:D You're ever so welcome. I have fun dong this every year.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • DearMisterKidnapperDearMisterKidnapper Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Please excuse me if this has already been answered, but is there a Gamers Gone Wild party this year?

Please excuse me if this has already been answered, but is there a Gamers Gone Wild party this year?
    Not that I've been able to find. :( Makes me really sad because of what happened last year.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    Not that I've been able to find. :( Makes me really sad because of what happened last year.

What happened last year?

This discussion has been closed.