As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] Game 93: Khorne dominates the Old World.

12345679»

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Seductress to Bretonnia.

2/6 PP

• Options
    BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    Clan Rat from Troll Country to Norsca

3/8PP

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Bloodsworn to The Empire from Estalia.
    0/7 PP

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Acolyte to Kislev
    2/7 PP

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Seductress from Bretonnia to The Empire.

1/6 PP

• Options
    Warp Token Cache [M] to the Badlands

1/8PP

What's this? A whole round in one day!? Madness I say! @Alegis your go.

• Options
    repeating
    Alegis wrote: »
    Acolyte to Kislev
    1/7 PP
    back to @blahmcblah

• Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    Round 4-Summoning Phase

game93state51.png

Old World Effects

Dwarf Trollslayers - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, the player with the smallest Threat score places an additional Hero token in any region where there is already a Hero token.
    Greenskins Invade - While this Old World card remains in play, each player battling in a region containing an Event token may roll only one battle die, in total, per battle phase. If some of a player's battle dice have different capabilities than others, each player may choose which of his battle dice to roll.

Chaos Effects

Blood Frenzy in Troll Country giving Khorne 2 free battle dice in this region.
    Ritual Slaying in Troll Country giving Khorne 1 card per kill in this region.
    Temporal Stasis in Kislev increasing the costs for Tzeentch's opponents to summon and play chaos cards by two.
    The Final Rotting in the Empire killing one enemy Cultist or Warrior in this region at the end of the battle phase for each of Nurgle's corruption tokens here.
    A Great Foul Consumption in Bretonnia allowing Nurgle's to remove all of his figures from this region and place a corruption token here for every two units removed this way. This occurs after corruption is placed but before ruination is checked.
    Abyssal Pact in Estalia cancelling out all of Slaanesh's opponents figures domination values.
    [color=Warp Token Cache
    in the Badlands giving HR 2 PP for the following rounds if he dominates.

Upgrade Effects

Bloodthirster counts as 3 figures for domination.
    Acolytes - When summoned from the board instead of your stockpile, an Acolyte may bring a Warpstone token if present from its origin to its destination.
    Tzeentch - +1 PP
    Seductress - New stats (1/0/2)
    Under Empire - HR treats all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, he may immediately move any number of figures from that region into one adjacent region.

@blahmcblah is active.

• Options
    Seductress to The Empire.

0/6 PP

• Options
    clan rat from troll country to the empire

0PP

• Options
    Acolyte to Estalia from The Border Princes
    0 PP

Summoning phase ends

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Round 4, Battle Phase

game93state52.png

Old World Effects

Dwarf Trollslayers - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, the player with the smallest Threat score places an additional Hero token in any region where there is already a Hero token.
    Greenskins Invade - While this Old World card remains in play, each player battling in a region containing an Event token may roll only one battle die, in total, per battle phase. If some of a player's battle dice have different capabilities than others, each player may choose which of his battle dice to roll.

Chaos Effects

Temporal Stasis in Kislev increasing the costs for Tzeentch's opponents to summon and play chaos cards by two.
    The Final Rotting in the Empire killing one enemy Cultist or Warrior in this region at the end of the battle phase for each of Nurgle's corruption tokens here.
    A Great Foul Consumption in Bretonnia allowing Nurgle's to remove all of his figures from this region and place a corruption token here for every two units removed this way. This occurs after corruption is placed but before ruination is checked.
    Abyssal Pact in Estalia cancelling out all of Slaanesh's opponents figures domination values.
    Warp Token Cache in the Badlands giving HR 2 PP for the following rounds if he dominates.

Upgrade Effects

Acolytes - When summoned from the board instead of your stockpile, an Acolyte may bring a Warpstone token if present from its origin to its destination.
    Tzeentch - +1 PP
    Under Empire - HR treats all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, he may immediately move any number of figures from that region into one adjacent region.

The Empire: 1 die, 1 die Pick 3 figures (warrior or cultist) to kill
    Estalia: 2 dice
    @doldari, roll away.

pesky on
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    The Empire 1 Hit.
    Kill a Leper.

Estalia 1 Hit.
    Kill a Acolyte.

doldari on
  • Options
    @Typhus733 to complete battle phase.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    The Empire:
    One hit against a cultist, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955915/
    Remove 3 warriors

• Options
    Whose Cultist?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @Typhus733 whose cultist you wish to kill? Valid targets are Khorne or Tzeentch.

pesky on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If it's not Khrone then the game is immediately over on domination.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, I did mean Khorne

• Options
    The game's over anyway - Khorne dominates The Empire no matter what due to the Bloodthirster upgrade. With the way Typhus worded it, Khorne finishes with 60 VP. If he kills all the Bloodsworn instead of Bloodletters, Khorne finishes with 54. VP-wise, Nurgle's best move is killing at least 2 Clan Rats and 1 Bloodsworn so he gets 2nd place alone in The Empire. But regardless, the game is over no matter what he chooses.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh right, I forgot about the bloodthirster. Did find it odd that last 2 nurgle PP were spent elsewhere instead of the empire. But I don't really want to blame typhus considering no one (myself included) ever went for khorne, until blahmcblah took over of tayrun. But then it was too late.

I know you were surprised/dismayed I teleported you out of Bretonnia at some point @blahmcblah -- my reasoning was that my only option was to win on ticks because Khorne was being given a free carpet ride, and for that I needed you to disrupt the rat. Losing tilea screwed me over for points (the event placed by the rat blew away corruption on Tilea instead of Estalia + 'no corruption may be placed this round' when i tried to finish the job .. devastating combination), had to give it a shot. I lost faith in Khorne being stopped on points because no one seemed to give a damn, focusing on me instead and even dropping cards in Empire which helped Khorne .. That really left me little choice, blah

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Fair enough. But that move almost prevented me from blocking Khorne's domination of Estalia that round. Really the only reason it bothered me, and forced me to use Soporific Musk to get back to the relevant (to me) areas of the board.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    And to be completely honest, I didn't read any of the game that happened before I joined it. :P

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Round 4-Corruption Phase

game93state53.png

Old World Effects

Chaos Effects

Warp Token Cache in the Badlands giving HR 2 PP for the following rounds if he dominates.

Upgrade Effects

Tzeentch - +1 PP

Domination Step
    Norsca: +1 VP DAC
    Troll Country: +2 VP
    Kislev: +3 VP
    The Empire: +6 VP
    Bretonnia: +3 VP
    Estalia: +4 VP
    The Badlands: +1 VP DAC WTC

Corruption Step
    Kislev: +4 DAC
    The Empire: +2,+1,+2 DAC
    Bretonnia: +3 DAC Figures removed
    Estalia: +1,+4
    Tilea: +1

Check for Ruination
    2nd Kislev: +4 VP
    3rd Empire: +4 VP,+4 VP,+4 VP,+4 VP rats may move.
    4th Estalia: +5 VP,+5 VP,+5 VP rats may move.

Updated VP
    30 + 17 = 47 VP
    6 + 3 = 9 VP
    20 + 11 = 31 VP
    12 + 13 = 25 VP
    10 + 11 = 21 VP
    @Belfast, I am assuming you will not be moving the rats because you want to grab second place in Empire and its worth the same as second place in Estalia.

pesky on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Round 4-End Phase

game93state55.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - WTC gets claimed.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved -
    Norsca: Clan Rat.
    Kislev: Acolyte.

3. Resolve Old World cards -
    HR, please place a new hero token in either Norsca or Bretonnia.

4. Score Ruined Regions -
    Kislev: +9 VP,+4 VP
    Empire: +11 VP,+5 VP
    Estalia: +11 VP,+5 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - All gods ticks once.
    14 - Draw 2 chaos cards
    13 - Upgrade card
    21 - Place 2 warpstones
    16 - Place 2 noble tokens
    12 - Score 3 VP

Updated VP
    Khorne: 47 + 11 = 58 VP
    Nurgle: 9 + 4 = 13 VP
    Tzeentch: 31 + 9 = 40 VP
    Slaanesh: 25 + 16 = 41 VP
    The Horned Rat: 21 + 8 = 29 VP

6. Check for Game end - KHORNE wins a VP victory. Congratulations @doldari.

pesky on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Board at Game End.

game93state56.png

Congratulations doldari.

pesky on
  • Options
    Good 1/3rd of a game, all! Congrats doldari! Good to see you get your second win at last. :)