As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: video games, comic books, and other misogyny

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    Uriel wrote: »
    It would have to have less of a social focus though.

But you can write long letters to your online friends who also play the game.

like just describe how you saw some cool bugs on the way back from fishing at your river.

@Bugboy

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Walden Pond: The Video Game

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    Walden Pond: The Video Game

yeah basically.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Nintendo is doomed
    I would like an open-world game where you get to build your own house.

And not like Skyrim, where they bolt the functionality on there via DLC.

But, like, there are systems designed around you building a fancy house. The further you progress in the story, the more money you make, which lets you buy better additions and renovations.

So you're starting in a shack and ending in a huge fuck-off mansion.

But it's not just any mansion.

It's your fuck-off mansion.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed
    I realized I never finished Metal Gear Solid so now it is downloading to my PS3. Look what you've done.

yessss

If I remember correctly, my brother an I rented it from blockbuster and got to an elevator that went down forever while a super long conversation happened and that was as far as we got. I hope to get past that part.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed
    Fuck I want Animal Crossing on Wii U

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I realized I never finished Metal Gear Solid so now it is downloading to my PS3. Look what you've done.

yessss

If I remember correctly, my brother an I rented it from blockbuster and got to an elevator that went down forever while a super long conversation happened and that was as far as we got. I hope to get past that part.

oh man oh man

shit gets REAL after that

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

0USmdK3.png

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed

Shouldn't have gotten rid of your 3DS, you portadummy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yessss

oh man oh man

shit gets REAL after that

At the time we were laughing so hard because the conversation just kept going.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Microsoft is doomed
    Mr. G wrote: »

Shouldn't have gotten rid of your 3DS, you portadummy

But I don't want Animal Crossing on 3DS

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    A niche video game I'd like to see made would be a first-person backpacking/wilderness exploration simulator

Hiking up mountains, exploring abandoned fire towers/service tunnels, collecting firewood, kind of like Far Cry 3 minus guns, other human beings, tigers

Maybe include survival elements like in Drew's design doc, rely on skills like orienteering and knowing how to start a fire/collect clean water etc

I suppose ARMA has some elements of this but I would want it to be a solitary, purely exploration-focused experience

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    where's my first-person urban exploration video game

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Sony is doomed

So First Person GTA?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed

So First Person GTA?

nooo not that kind of urban exploration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_exploration

• Options
    Microsoft is doomed

Mirror's Edge

No one bought it

The jerks

• Options
    Microsoft is doomed
    Why is everyone switching to Transformers avs

What's going on

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    what are you talking about, nobody has any transformers avs

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    In their defense its a pretty bad game.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Are you implying that they're

in disguise

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Something with the tone and pace of say, Harvest moon but without the pressures of farming.

Something like a less cartoony and more isolated version of Animal Crossing.

only if i'm living in the mountains and fighting off bears

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    A niche video game I'd like to see made would be a first-person backpacking/wilderness exploration simulator

Hiking up mountains, exploring abandoned fire towers/service tunnels, collecting firewood, kind of like Far Cry 3 minus guns, other human beings, tigers

Maybe include survival elements like in Drew's design doc, rely on skills like orienteering and knowing how to start a fire/collect clean water etc

I suppose ARMA has some elements of this but I would want it to be a solitary, purely exploration-focused experience

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-miasmata/2300-6845/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Are you implying that they're

in disguise

There's more than one can see, maybe.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed
    Why is everyone switching to Transformers avs

What's going on

don't drink the water

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

like just describe how you saw some cool bugs on the way back from fishing at your river.

@Bugboy

I don't know what game we're talking about but I want it

is it animal crossing

I liked that

• Options
    JMan711 wrote: »

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-miasmata/2300-6845/
    !!

I hadn't watched this, I gotta check this out

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed

I haven't played it but wasn't that kind of like what that Miasmata game was like

• Options
    i want this exploration game except A) it has to be third person and B) i don't want to have to do things to survive unless i feel like it

i just want to wander around, find cool shit, maybe see where this tunnel goes

spoiler: it goes to the underground city of bigfoot

• Options
    Microsoft is doomed
    I never did play those Endless Ocean games though I always wanted to

I hope they make a Wii U entry!

• Options

you should check out the orbital grouse LPs of them

they're pretty fantastic, partly because the two main dudes are really goddamn smart and know a ton of shit about fish so like half of the LP is like

"here's why this is a cool fish"

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    now i want to play a game where i just strap on a backpack and start wandering around and exploring shit and then maybe there's bears? maybe i'm the bear? maybe the bear holds me in his big strong arms? i don't know

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Still really not wowing me. The Witcher 2 was a more visually impressive game, somehow. I know that 3 is an actual open world, and that makes a ton of difference, but still. It doesn't really look much better than Skyrim, to me.

• Options
    Watching the Miasmata QL right now, in my mind I'd want something less fantastical and more realistic/modern-day, but I like the amount of interaction with picking things up off the ground (I would love for games to get to a point where if you see something in the environment, you can interact with it) and the treatment of items as physical objects rather than something that fills a slot in your inventory

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    maybe it's set like

after some crazy disaster fucks up civilization

and you're a dude exploring the fairly-recently abandoned wasteland

hiking through the mountains to find the next town

doing urban exploration shit when you get there

breaking into rite aid through the roof

that'd be cool

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed

Those games count as horror

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Nintendo is doomed
    Still really not wowing me. The Witcher 2 was a more visually impressive game, somehow. I know that 3 is an actual open world, and that makes a ton of difference, but still. It doesn't really look much better than Skyrim, to me.

Wh-what?

Skyrim with mods maybe.

But default Skyrim, even with the official high-rez texture pack, does not look as good as that.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular

But, like, there are systems designed around you building a fancy house. The further you progress in the story, the more money you make, which lets you buy better additions and renovations.

the sims is cool i guess

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Nintendo is doomed
    Scolbert wrote: »

the sims is cool i guess

Yeah, but it would be nice to have in a game I actually enjoy playing.

That maybe actually has a story and goals.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed
    Buttlord wrote: »
    now i want to play a game where i just strap on a backpack and start wandering around and exploring shit and then maybe there's bears? maybe i'm the bear? maybe the bear holds me in his big strong arms? i don't know
    Buttlord wrote: »
    maybe it's set like

after some crazy disaster fucks up civilization

and you're a dude exploring the fairly-recently abandoned wasteland

hiking through the mountains to find the next town

doing urban exploration shit when you get there

breaking into rite aid through the roof

that'd be cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPltbD-4QA

This discussion has been closed.