As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

• CryptiksCryptiks Beardmaster Montreal, QcRegistered User regular
    Just added mine! Driving from Montreal's South Shore

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Darn Frenchies be all up-ins!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    added mine!

• MaawdawgMaawdawg CT, USARegistered User regular
    I added mine and am the 5th group from CT, the first in the southeastern area of the state

• ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Just added mine =) Scarborough, ON Canada

ifra88 on
  • Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I'm currently residing in the Pittsburgh, PA area where we have more working bridges than anywhere in the world and we love fries on our salads and sandwiches. Now it's your turn.

Don't forget pizza! Pittsburgh is the first place I have seen that puts french fries on pizza as a topping... 0.o

Rabid Dog on
  • CojiroCojiro Registered User new member
    I coulda sworn I already did this but looks like I was horribly mistaken. Added myself in MD right outside DC

• trinnaratrinnara Registered User regular
    Springfield, IL! We got Lincoln stuff and horseshoe sandwiches!

• TheOneWhoKnocksTheOneWhoKnocks Registered User new member
    Just added mine. Seems like we have a couple Pittsburghers going.

• Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    Just added mine. Seems like we have a couple Pittsburghers going.

There's a pre-pax meetup in Monroeville on March 2nd I believe.

• NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Done. I'll be on a plane (obvs) from England. The British are coming! etc.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Nickzilla wrote: »
    Done. I'll be on a plane (obvs) from England. The British are coming! etc.

Now that's dedication.

Awesomed.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    My addition didn't show up on the map =(

I think they have to be added by hand and they are being done in batches. Mine still isn't up there from a couple weeks ago.

• WilliamsNSmokeWilliamsNSmoke ^nSmoke Gaming OhioRegistered User regular
    First time PAX goer driving in from NE Ohio. Pretty excited. Can't wait to meet a lot of new faces!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I haven't run another update recently. I'll probably do one today. I don't do them until there's > 20ish since the last update.

• APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I had a name change from "Adamgoodperson" to "APacMan." Could I beseech Zerzhul for instruction on how to update my pin?

APacMan
    Philadelphia, PA

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
    I'll just write that down. Since there's only 5 name changes per year in Solid Saints, it's not a common enough issue to make a place for it.

Updated! We have a new furthest person from PAX East!

@Maawdawg your submission actually had the same value for both latitude and longitude, please resubmit and I'll update as soon as I see it.

Added:
    Tap Master C
    tanoshiiki
    Thebookguy
    Rabid Dog
    Ben2998
    Creamsteak
    hersy81
    Aloma
    Cryptiks
    Ilta
    TechGamingNews
    AtomicGaryBusey
    ifra88
    huggyd1
    Cojiro
    trinnara
    NickTheNewbie
    The_MadHatter_
    Onewisemnky
    TheOneWhoKnocks
    Nickzilla
    Lelldorianx
    AttrezzoP
    normallyweird
    WilliamsNSmoke
    Delaney

People were added to: IL, KY, MA, MD, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, VA, WA, Ontario, Quebec, Australia, and The UK

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @tanoshiiki at 10,534.02 miles

@Maawdawg your submission actually had the same value for both latitude and longitude, please resubmit and I'll update as soon as I see it.

Resubmitted as a modification to my old submission. No idea how I copied the same number in twice.

• fiveonefiveone In the Hinterlands of BostonRegistered User new member
    trinnara wrote: »
    Springfield, IL! We got Lincoln stuff and horseshoe sandwiches!

That's my hometown! I'll be coming from my current home inside MA, though. Just added.

Ummm...I think I put the wrong coordinates...how do I change them?

• tanoshiikitanoshiiki Registered User regular
    Yes! :P

I've been lurking a bit, but you may see me at one of the stalls in the hall. Or I may just join in with PAX activities!

ifra88 wrote: »
    Ummm...I think I put the wrong coordinates...how do I change them?

Submit a modification request. It's the same form.

• Snowy620Snowy620 Registered User regular
    Submitted mine!

edited March 2013
    Updated!

Added:
    Sleepy_one
    Amoeba
    Maawdawg
    fiveone
    ScudMuffin
    Snowy620

People were added to: CT, MA, MD, PA, and TX

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

zerzhul on
    Ok! Updated my lat and long...I swear it was the same one I put in last time though, maybe I had them swapped? Thank you in advance for updating @zerzhul!

Ok! Updated my lat and long...I swear it was the same one I put in last time though, maybe I had them swapped? Thank you in advance for updating @zerzhul!

I see what happened now, you left out the decimal place the first time. I usually catch errors like that but I must have missed it. Lots of people leave out the minus signs, so I thought maybe it was that, but nope.. decimal point :P

• ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Awesome map, thanks for adding me. Cool to see more Arcadians in my area! (MD)

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin

I see what happened now, you left out the decimal place the first time. I usually catch errors like that but I must have missed it. Lots of people leave out the minus signs, so I thought maybe it was that, but nope.. decimal point :P

I blame google maps!!! It didn't give me the decimal....>_< I used another site this time, I really hope at least this time I'll end up somewhere in Canada.....

• WilliamsNSmokeWilliamsNSmoke ^nSmoke Gaming OhioRegistered User regular
    tanoshiiki wrote: »

I've been lurking a bit, but you may see me at one of the stalls in the hall. Or I may just join in with PAX activities!

That's absolutely nuts bud but awesome at the same time.

tanoshiiki wrote: »

That's absolutely nuts bud but awesome at the same time.
    I'm still waiting on the schedule to be released before I figure out what I'll be doing.

For those who haven't realised, I'm coming from Melbourne, Australia :)
    Just wait til someone (if anyone), comes from Perth, Australia!

I have a feeling that I'm going to be freezing! I haven't even seen falling snow in my life!

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Reverend Snide at 9,729.29 miles

Oh well, I had a good run.

@tanoshiiki- definitely try and join in some of the forum activities. And check out the Magical Mystery Tour if you get into Boston early enough. (Advice applies double if it's your first trip to Boston!)

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
    Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Reverend Snide at 9,729.29 miles

Oh well, I had a good run.

@tanoshiiki- definitely try and join in some of the forum activities. And check out the Magical Mystery Tour if you get into Boston early enough. (Advice applies double if it's your first trip to Boston!)
    Yes, it will be my first trip to Boston. First trip to the States, even!

I'm not coming by myself and I'm also treating it as a holiday, so there are certain days which I won't be available. There's possibly a few days where I will have no plans during PAX. I will keep my eyes on the forum.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    A pre-welcome from one former colony to another. :)

Snow is lovely. I think you'll really like it.

ilta on
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    A pre-welcome from one former colony to another. :)

Snow is lovely. I think you'll really like it.
    Only because they get to see it, maybe throw a snowball and then go home...a lot of people (myself included) in the northeast are ready for spring/summer ;)

Also, you crazy people flying across the pacific...i'm kinda dreading solo driving down from the Toronto area in one shot, but at least I can get out and stretch my legs. From my experience heading to NZ before...its harder to do that on those planes ;)

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Added me! Really cool to see a grouping of other eastern PA neighbours where there used to be none but me!!! <3<3<3 I didn't use the suggested site, Zer. FYI, it kept returning errors.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    Yeah, the suggested site seems to be permanently down this time. That makes me sad, since it was the best I had found for this purpose.

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Would http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html work ok? seems to be accurate comparing my cell's GPS to the address I entered. Might be a simple replacement for getlatlon in the OP for people not wanting to go the gmaps route.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Coan wrote: »
    Would http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html work ok? seems to be accurate comparing my cell's GPS to the address I entered. Might be a simple replacement for getlatlon in the OP for people not wanting to go the gmaps route.
    That is the site I used when I could get to the one in the OP.

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin