As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Registration: Badges have started to arrive!

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    The Time is coming! The time to sit on our mailboxes like vultures while we wait for the mail to deliver the sweet sweet goodness of PAX badges. Any idea when we might be able to expect them? And post here when you receive them too!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    nice to think about, but i wouldn't really expect them to be out til march or very late feb at the earliest. those pax folks really like to drag out the anticipation.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Yeah you have a good 3-4 weeks at least.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /vader

But seriously, the wait is murderous this year :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They won't arrive until early march at the earliest. It's quite awhile away.

zerzhul wrote: »
    They won't arrive until early march at the earliest. It's quite awhile away.

Ok thanks!

Fridays are likely to sell out today.

Also, I saw that there were a couple 3-day badges available due to Enforcer refunds.... you might get lucky if you were to pounce right now.

• zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Fridays are likely to sell out today.

Also, I saw that there were a couple 3-day badges available due to Enforcer refunds.... you might get lucky if you were to pounce right now.

Three days are all gone. Watched them trickle down from 4 (when I loaded the page) to 0. There seems to be one Saturday badge left as of this posting.

For people needing a three day just keep watching the registration page. Hopefully more three days will pop up so you won't have to resort to a reseller.

EDIT: Saturday just re-sold out

zeromyst on
    CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Friday badges are not completely sold out and Sunday is listed as "Low".

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    I assume you meant "now completely sold out" ? :P

• AyumiNiniAyumiNini Hello, I'm addicted to LoL and Wow.... New YorkRegistered User new member
    Weekend Badge (x) Hotel (x) All my money (x) Plane ticket (x) Cosplays..... (o)
    Crap.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I assume you meant "now completely sold out" ? :P
    Yes. Yes I did.

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    East is now entirely sold out.

Yeah just saw that on twitter.

Wow, first time East has completely sold out.

zeromyst wrote: »

No it's not. East 2012 was the only PAX East that did not completely sell out.

• stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    It only didn't sell out for Sunday, right? I'd be willing to bet that's because it was on Easter.

It only didn't sell out for Sunday, right? I'd be willing to bet that's because it was on Easter.

Correct and correct.

• FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, how quickly did the 3 day badges sell out, I had to buy seperate passes, not complaining its my fault but I am still curious on how fast those 3 days went.

zeromyst wrote: »

Oops, you are right. Guess I thought since East didn't sell out (for Sunday) last year the previous ones did not either. But as @stardust462 noted it didn't sell out due to Easter Sunday.

Meh, brain not fully on yet - too early. :rotate:

• waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I think the sold out within 24 hours. I think they were available the morning of October 8th, and sold out that night.

waterbottles on
    edited February 2013
    FireWater wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how quickly did the 3 day badges sell out, I had to buy seperate passes, not complaining its my fault but I am still curious on how fast those 3 days went.

Edit: 3-days were gone in 28 hours. Went live around noon on October 8th, sold out around 1600 October 9th (times eastern).

zerzhul on
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    It gets faster and faster every year. I am so excited!

Yeah I definitely need to pay attention to the pax twitter feed, I lost the Westin waterfront hotel his year, thankfully he seaport opened up this morning

• IfandbutIfandbut Registered User regular
    Yeah I definitely need to pay attention to the pax twitter feed, I lost the Westin waterfront hotel his year, thankfully he seaport opened up this morning

I wish they would announce a solid week or so before the sale starts so I can plan around camping the page to get a badge. I was lucky this year and just happened to check the website the same day the sale started but I dont even think I saw a tweet before the sale would start.

Makes getting a PAX Prime pass more of a crapshoot then it already is. I would gladly spend a vacation day at home camping the page to try and get a PAX Prime badge if I knew about it more then 24hrs before.

There is always a tweet right before registration starts, or simultaneously with the start. If they announced it ahead of time, *everyone* would camp it, and it would get insane. Either way, there was a debate thread about handling registration for large conventions in the Debate and Discourse subforum. If you want to continue that discussion, I would suggest doing so there, as it's not really within the remit of this thread.

• WarbladeWarblade Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Hope this isn't against the rules, but I wanted to let those people who still need passes know that Plantronics GameCom has a contest to win two 3-day passes for PAX East. https://www.facebook.com/GameComFaceOff/app_143103275748075 The contest ends next week, so there's just a little bit of time!

Mods, would it be okay to post this into it's own topic as well?

There is always a tweet right before registration starts, or simultaneously with the start. If they announced it ahead of time, *everyone* would camp it, and it would get insane. Either way, there was a debate thread about handling registration for large conventions in the Debate and Discourse subforum. If you want to continue that discussion, I would suggest doing so there, as it's not really within the remit of this thread.

Is there a link to that thread?

Warblade wrote: »
    Hope this isn't against the rules, but I wanted to let those people who still need passes know that Plantronics GameCom has a contest to win two 3-day passes for PAX East. https://www.facebook.com/GameComFaceOff/app_143103275748075 The contest ends next week, so there's just a little bit of time!

Mods, would it be okay to post this into it's own topic as well?

It's fine posted here, no to its own topic.

Is there a link to that thread?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/159916/fair-ticket-selling-methods-for-large-conventions

• TwiminyTwiminy Registered User regular
    Is it too late to change your shipping address for your badges? A friend of mine just realized he was using his address back home instead of where he's currently staying, which is a few states away. He changed his address via the registration form like paxsite.com's FAQ says but we're both kind of worrying about it.

Twiminy wrote: »
    Is it too late to change your shipping address for your badges? A friend of mine just realized he was using his address back home instead of where he's currently staying, which is a few states away. He changed his address via the registration form like paxsite.com's FAQ says but we're both kind of worrying about it.

It's cutting it pretty darn close. He should email pax_questions@paxsite.com and registration@paxsite.com with his dilemma right away.

• TwiminyTwiminy Registered User regular
    It's cutting it pretty darn close. He should email pax_questions@paxsite.com and registration@paxsite.com with his dilemma right away.

Yes, I agree, I'll badger him to email asap.

• Muckraker18Muckraker18 Registered User regular
    Hi everyone,

Basically, what the title says. For some reason I recall getting my PAX badge about a month before the event last year. As we're now in March, just checking to see if they've been sent out yet/if anyone else has gotten theirs. Thanks, and see you all in Boston!

• AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    They are going to be sent out the tail end of this coming week/beginning of next week

I'm sure they will be out soon.

• aj31907aj31907 You all can call me AJ. Registered User regular
    I just got my badge in the mail.....;D

• waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I'm going to believe this until I see pictures of bobcats going up.

pictures are ok now right? because i just got my badge too!!!

7YIpfE5.png
    Pictures of bobcats are permitted.

i know this is completely ridiculous, but since people were literally posting pictures of actual bobcats last year, will you please clarify that pictures of BADGES are okay? again, i know i'm being silly, but i just want to be sure before i post.

7YIpfE5.png