As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

People who annoy you

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    Sneezing is an involuntary reaction. Being annoyed by people sneezing is sort of dumb.

Literally nobody has said people shouldn't sneeze. The only point of discussion is how much noise you make when you do so.

Involuntary reaction typically means you have little, if any, control or pre-knowledge of the action occurring. I know the amount of times I actually feel a sneeze coming on and can do something about it are a pretty low minority, especially in pollen season. Usually I'm suddenly sneezing with no ability to control how or when it happens.

Unless you have some sort of magical sneeze schooling text, this is a really dumb avenue to invest frustration in.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I always sneeze multiple times in a row. Even I find it annoying.
    I think it's ok to be annoyed by people doing something they can't completely control. I mean, several really loud noises in a row is annoying. And I knew at least one person who trained themselves to make their sneezes louder and more obnoxious- they were just annoying in general, though.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Apparently I do have superpowers

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I am annoyed by my housemate for leaving all her hair in the shower plug. I know it is her hair because I'm blonde and her hair is red. I mean, just brush your hair before you get in there!!!!!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Liiya wrote: »
    I am annoyed by my housemate for leaving all her hair in the shower plug. I know it is her hair because I'm blonde and her hair is red. I mean, just brush your hair before you get in there!!!!!

Maybe it's not the kind of hair that one brushes.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    smof wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    Sneezing is an involuntary reaction. Being annoyed by people sneezing is sort of dumb.

Literally nobody has said people shouldn't sneeze. The only point of discussion is how much noise you make when you do so.

No, the point of discussion is that, being an involuntary reflex we can't really control how loud we sneeze. Just because some people naturally sneeze quietly, that hardly means everyone else can just damp down their sneezes. That you can't seem to grasp that not everyone's bodies work exactly the same is kind of stunning.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

Oh fucking hell, don't say that!!!

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

Just a long, dangling nest of pubic hair.

Vagina all like Medusa.

Vagusa.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You are all disgusting and thanks for that next time it gets blocked again.

Liiya on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    You knew what this was when you started posting, Liiya.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    one time my shower drain got blocked, and instead of finding the hair I had expected it was just a double handful of like gray slime

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    It is SE++. I should know better.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    one time my shower drain got blocked, and instead of finding the hair I had expected it was just a double handful of like gray slime

you're in for an even more disgusting realization

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    nono, because I don't ... you know

I can only imagine that it was the fat off my skin, accrued for months like some repulsive biological sediment

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    FoolMetalFoolMetal Registered User regular
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    Arang wrote: »

you're in for an even more disgusting realization
    ;)

• Options
    I happen to know a little bit about this place's history and if it was anyone's spooge it would need to be at least three and a half years old

which would explain the color

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    According to a website I just found the way to sneeze more quietly is to hold your breath, clench your jaw and teeth, open your lips, push at the base of your nose with one finger, cough at the same time, and use a blackout curtain for a handkerchief to muffle any remaining noise.

This sounds complicated.

Whenever I feel a sneeze coming on, I draw a pentagram in goat's blood and light one hundred and thirteen candles. I cut myself with the ceremonial dagger of juulaq'guol and cut a deep gash into my left hand, letting seven drops of blood drip into the center of the pentagram. After I finish The Dark Recitation, I close my eyes, hold my nose, and cover my mouth with my elbow.

works alright for me.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

If it's long enough for Liiya to make that mistake then maybe one should.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

Oh fucking hell, don't say that!!!

Happy plunging.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    to be honest, if you go to clean a shower and don't expect to find something absolutely foul, I don't know what you use showers for

the whole purpose of a shower is to clean all the gross off of you

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Red hair you say?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Disgusting shower habits, you say?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm not a hairy individual but I am still keenly aware that my hair my have a negative impact on someone's ability to keep their lunch down if they are cleaning the drain and I haven't done maintenance on it in a while. So I make sure and check for drain issues about once a month and if there are any, get some Drano. I never hear my wife say she found a gross hair clog.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

So do the drapes match the curtains?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    In my geometry class in high school someone once brought up for some reason some thing about how a sneeze is 1/8th of an orgasm. After that, if anyone started having a sneezing fit the teacher would start counting. If she got to 8 she'd say, "Lucky girl."
    This teacher also had her home number available so students could call her for help on the homework. One student was having trouble remembering the difference between horizontal and vertical ( O_o ) and she was explaining it using analogies like 'horizon' and stuff and her boyfriend yells from the other room "Just remember, whores lie down!"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Sharing a bathroom with someone is the worst.

Especially if they're a slob.

• Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    Nothing gets me going more than a girl with pubes to her knees.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

or a serial killer.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    One business I've been to said "here, we're going to enroll you in our program, no cost, it'll help with today's purchase (it was $400 purchase, so a decent amount off). So he did the stuff, swiped the card, and then pitched it in the trash

"Just give us your phone number if you come in again, no worries."
    Friend of mine was buying a game at Gamestop and they were running some kind of special where if you bought (or traded in, I don't remember) a used game you'd get x amount off the price of the game you were buying. He was all like "nah, I'm not interested" and the clerk said, here I'll show you something. And he reached over into that bin of like, 3 dollar playstation games grabbed one of the games they have dozens of copies of, scanned it in, then threw it away, and got my friend like 8 dollars off the game he was buying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    One business I've been to said "here, we're going to enroll you in our program, no cost, it'll help with today's purchase (it was $400 purchase, so a decent amount off). So he did the stuff, swiped the card, and then pitched it in the trash

"Just give us your phone number if you come in again, no worries."
    Friend of mine was buying a game at Gamestop and they were running some kind of special where if you bought (or traded in, I don't remember) a used game you'd get x amount off the price of the game you were buying. He was all like "nah, I'm not interested" and the clerk said, here I'll show you something. And he reached over into that bin of like, 3 dollar playstation games grabbed one of the games they have dozens of copies of, scanned it in, then threw it away, and got my friend like 8 dollars off the game he was buying.

fucking gamestop

thank god for amazon

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Hunter wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »

or a serial killer.

Look, it's not that I mind you dissolving bodies in the tub, but if you could just clear the fucking trap when you're done I'd appreciate it. I found a whole eye in there the other day, it just ruined my whole morning.

Peen on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Tam wrote: »
    when some of my friends seem to seriously treat subjective experiences as objective

"I love the taste of Red Bull"
    "But it's gross"
    "I find it's delicious"
    "No, it's disgusting, you're forcing yourself to like it"
    "..."

This, except the opposite and with alcohol.

"No thanks, I don't drink."
    "What, really? Why not?"
    "Alcohol tastes awful to me."
    "Oh, everyone says that the first time, you just haven't gotten used to it yet."
    "No, i've tried several times. It's always bad."
    "You just need to find something you like. Here, i'll get you something."
    "No... anything with any alcohol in it has always been bad to me, no matter what it is."

And then they buy something for me, I hate the taste, and I come off like an asshole.

FFS... just leave me alone about the damn alcohol. It wasn't a big deal until you forced it onto me.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    when some of my friends seem to seriously treat subjective experiences as objective

"But it's gross"
    "I find it's delicious"
    "..."

"What, really? Why not?"
    "Oh, everyone says that the first time, you just haven't gotten used to it yet."
    "No... anything with any alcohol in it has always been bad to me, no matter what it is."

And then they buy something for me, I hate the taste, and I come off like an asshole.

FFS... just leave me alone about the damn alcohol. It wasn't a big deal until you forced it onto me.

Just tell them you're a raging alcoholic

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

"But it's gross"
    "I find it's delicious"
    "..."

"What, really? Why not?"

Next time, don't get into why you don't drink. Simply assert that you don't and when they ask why, restate that you simply do not drink and it's none of their concern why. Don't give them anything to argue or debate with. Just keep it simple and don't get into a discussion about how many times you've tried drinking and what you've had. If they keep pressing for details, just keep repeating, "why is it so difficult for you to grasp that I don't drink and that the reason is none of your business?"

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    "I stopped drinking after the booze killed my nan."

• Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    I've had people do this to me, except with coffee.

I don't care how nice you think the stuff you drink is when compared to the rest of the lot, it all tastes like bitter burnt bark to me.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »

"But it's gross"
    "I find it's delicious"
    "..."

"What, really? Why not?"

Next time, don't get into why you don't drink. Simply assert that you don't and when they ask why, restate that you simply do not drink and it's none of their concern why. Don't give them anything to argue or debate with. Just keep it simple and don't get into a discussion about how many times you've tried drinking and what you've had. If they keep pressing for details, just keep repeating, "why is it so difficult for you to grasp that I don't drink and that the reason is none of your business?"

no one has the right to make alcoholics feel bad, monster

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    "Booze makes me kind of... stabby."

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    I've had people do this to me, except with coffee.

I don't care how nice you think the stuff you drink is when compared to the rest of the lot, it all tastes like bitter burnt bark to me.

well

let's be honsest

that's what it is

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    The other day I felt a sneeze coming along in bed and really really didn't want to wake the baby - I somehow managed to reduce it to nothing more than a sharp hiss of air through my nose, though the spasm was as forceful as usual. However since this moment I have been unable to repeat the feat on any subsequent sneezes.

This discussion has been closed.