As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

People who annoy you

19495969798100»

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    "I get a splitting headache two sips into any alcoholic beverage" is always responded to with "Well have you tried XXX?" or "You just need to build up a tolerance!"

No, you idiot.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    I've had people do this to me, except with coffee.

I don't care how nice you think the stuff you drink is when compared to the rest of the lot, it all tastes like bitter burnt bark to me.

well

let's be honsest

that's what it is

Well, the good stuff anyway.

And it is delicious

• FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i usually offer whatever i'm having to people, even if i know they don't care for it, because i think it's polite and maybe they'll try it and change their minds about it, but i never get pushy at all

also, i sneeze fairly loudly but i always do it in the crook of my elbow

people who sneeze into their hands and then touch things are literally pol pot

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    "Booze makes me kind of... stabby."

The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

Well, ok, in your case it's people nearby that have the bigger problem, but still.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is it too late to get angry about this dude saying I should sneeze quietly? Because holy shit I would if I could, buttgoose. Allergies always leave my neck, back, throat and chest hurting really badly due to uncontrollable sneezing fits.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I haven't stopped drinking

but I have stopped only drinking staggering amounts at once

that was due to bad reason and I am a better Man now!

With a job and everything! I wear shirts to work! I'm respectable!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Allergies are for weaklings.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    But solar, better is relative, you could still be bad.......

2x39jD4.jpg
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    You know what helps me sneeze more quietly? Like, six shots all in a row.

But no, I sneeze like a malfunctioning particle cannon and I can't stand alcohol, so these last few pages have been all commiserations from me.

8aVThp6.png
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    On topic:

Trolls.
    People who do not ignore trolls.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    The guy who wrote this article, "Tackling Asian Privilege."

Looking up Gavin McInnes, it looks like he enjoys ironic racism?

Looking at the rest of that site, I don't think there's anything ironic about it.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Next time, don't get into why you don't drink. Simply assert that you don't and when they ask why, restate that you simply do not drink and it's none of their concern why. Don't give them anything to argue or debate with. Just keep it simple and don't get into a discussion about how many times you've tried drinking and what you've had. If they keep pressing for details, just keep repeating, "why is it so difficult for you to grasp that I don't drink and that the reason is none of your business?"

Not getting into it just leads them to ask me why for the rest of the night, but I understand the point. I'm not really forceful enough to stop it from happening.

I find the solution is to just not go out anywhere at all, ever.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    You people must only hang out with assholes. Nobody tries to force me to drink something when I tell them no thanks.

JtgVX0H.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Hey, nobody is perfect. But compare to six months, a year, two years back, I am doing so well in comparison. I've dealt with a lot of my issues, I've finally got a job and some good prospects, I feel a lot better about me and my life!

• DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    I've had people do this to me, except with coffee.

I don't care how nice you think the stuff you drink is when compared to the rest of the lot, it all tastes like bitter burnt bark to me.

well

let's be honsest

that's what it is

Pretty much, yeah. I have found the taste of all the ones I've tried to be indistinguishable from each other. To me, they are all the same kind of foul, and I have no interest in pursuing any further comparisons.

I get that other people enjoy coffee, and seem to be able to tell different roasts apart. That's fine. I try to not be an asshole towards people about my feelings on the taste and smell. I don't go around telling everyone I see how I feel about coffee. I find it annoying when people push at me after it comes out that I am not a coffee drinker. I have been alive for over three decades. I have had plenty of time to consider the issue, and am confident that my tastes in this matter will not change.

I will continue to take in caffeine using a different vector. if you think that me having a coke first thing in the morning is weird, well, fuck you.

Durkhanus on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Hey, nobody is perfect. But compare to six months, a year, two years back, I am doing so well in comparison. I've dealt with a lot of my issues, I've finally got a job and some good prospects, I feel a lot better about me and my life!

That's pretty awesome Solar, glad to hear your are doing well and aren't drinking in excess anymore

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I will probably be drinking in excess at PAX.

When I say probably...I mean definitely.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Allergies are for weaklings.

Yes, but allergy immunization shots are a surefire way to make any such weakling into a hardened badass.

What, I got stabbed? Meh. Been there, done that. Several thousand times.

This discussion has been closed.