As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Magical Mystery Tour 2013 (Wed & Thu prePAX adventuring) SCHEDULE UP

13»

• ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yay! Schedule is out! BTW what happen to the duck tour?

I'm so excited! this will be our first MMT, hopeful there will be some pins left on Thursday... We will try to make it to the meet up on Thursday morning... Not sure about the ETA as our plane doesn't arrive in Boston until 8:30am and we need to go through customs and drop stuff off at the hotel first.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    The Duck Tour didn't make the cut, with a final tally of +11. It was beat out by the aquarium which had a tally of +12.

Reminder to everyone who wants to meet up with us later than the morning meetup (or really anyone who wants to come), follow the twitter pax_mmt to get updates on where we are and any schedule changes. For example, last year we were late somewhere be ause of a problem on the T, Wednesday's lunch ran long so we skipped the next place, etc. These changes are all posted to the twitter (along with pictures and comments that some consider funny).

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • BlackrobeBlackrobe Registered User regular
    I might be headed in to Boston a few days before the event, is this open to everyone? :D

Should we buy a transit pass?

Yes, it's open to anyone. You will likely want to buy a week pass for the t ($18 for unlimited for the week). More info on what to bring will show up within the next week.

HI3789R.png
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Mental note: Don't fill up at Qunicy this time.

Had a lobster roll and chowder. Was way too full for Modern.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mental note: have a lobster roll and chowder this time, was way too hungry the rest of the day ;)

lol nice ;) but honestly I wouldn't bother. It was overpriced for what you got.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Liz SLiz S Goomba Symphathizer MARegistered User regular
    The Sunset Grill and Tap on Brighton Ave in Allston? If that's the case, I might pop in for lunch with you guys and see where I go from there. I live a few blocks away.

Liz S wrote: »
    The Sunset Grill and Tap on Brighton Ave in Allston? If that's the case, I might pop in for lunch with you guys and see where I go from there. I live a few blocks away.

Yes. I need to add links into the OP schedule. It was too much of a pain to do on my tablet...

HI3789R.png
  • septagonseptagon Registered User regular

I think it was my favorite part of the MMT last year. You'll be thankful you popped in!

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
  • SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    My husband and I are flying in Wed morning and plan to join up at some point along the way. We will definitely be there on Thursday.

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Gonna see if I can join up at Modern Pastry after I get in around noonish. I want in on some flakey goodness.

edited March 2013
    Added a what to bring list to the OP. Other than cash, Charlie Ticket, and buttons, it should be common sense stuff.

Edit: also added links to the schedule.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    Awesome. I've been to Sunset a couple of times and I remember it fondly. I went to law school with a guy who used to bar-tend there (not sure if he still does). See you Wednesday!

• marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    Hope it's not too late to sign up. Dependant on how awake I feel after my flight on Wednesday, I might be able to come along to the Harpoon Brewery.

It's only too late when the MMT is over. Show where and when you want :)

HI3789R.png
    To people from warmer climates joining us on the MMT: Do bundle up, it's not supposed to get much warmer than 40 both days. Plus typical Boston wind! Consider yourselves double warned.

• NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    urgh. You go halfway across the world and expect the weather to be nicer not worse. :(

• JekhtJekht Registered User regular
    Sounds good! Flying from London on the Wednesday, so would love to join for the Thursday. Anything we need to do to sign up, or do we just show up and look for the group?

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I wonder if at Sunset they'll let me have everyone's beers count towards filling my tap tour card.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    edited March 2013
    Jekht wrote: »
    Anything we need to do to sign up, or do we just show up and look for the group?

Just show up. Look for a group of geeks with a light blue flag.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    septagon wrote: »
    To people from warmer climates joining us on the MMT: Do bundle up, it's not supposed to get much warmer than 40 both days. Plus typical Boston wind! Consider yourselves double warned.

So I'll be sure to wear a light jacket and pack some shorts just in case.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Also, Boston is windy. It'll be especially so down at the Harpoon brewery because it's right on the ocean. Our forecast is crap tomorrow, then partly cloudy upper 30s-low 40s on Wednesday and Thursday.

Decius wrote: »
    septagon wrote: »

So I'll be sure to wear a light jacket and pack some shorts just in case.

Exactly what I was getting at. You'll be fine.
    Also, Boston is windy. It'll be especially so down at the Harpoon brewery because it's right on the ocean. Our forecast is crap tomorrow, then partly cloudy upper 30s-low 40s on Wednesday and Thursday.

Good advice! Moreover people, consider the presence of snow banks when picking your footwear. We're getting snow this week too.

• profanitiprofaniti Brighton, UKRegistered User regular
    i am staying near Stoney Brook - would it be okay if I met you at the SA Brewery on the Thursday? It is about 10 minutes walk from where I am staying : )

edited March 2013
    Anyone can meet us anywhere.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Hooray I've managed to once more miss all the decsions and can just turn up :D
    See you in the morning

Hooray I've managed to once more miss all the decsions and can just turn up :D
    See you in the morning

But now I know to expect you even I don't see you in the thread :)

HI3789R.png
  • scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely in for the Sam Adams-ing (perhaps more!) on Thursday, and probably the Aquarium tomorrow - maybe more. Who knows, but I can't resist the pack of nerds (and their buttons) forever!

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
    Punzie, can you send a tweet (ergh, it still feels weird to type that) when you are around BU or Pleasant St? It'll probably take longer than 30 minutes to get from Aquarium to Harvard Ave. They have a terrible front-door-entrance-only policy for street-level stops on the green line now.

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I love to see that traditions endure.

You go Magical Mystery Tour!

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I hope you all had a good time on the tour today. I'm a day behind schedule and I have my own stuff to do so won't make tomorrow's MMT either. I know I'll see some of you at the expo or the Westin. x

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Harpoon was delightful.

• Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    [Redacted]

Alpha I Omega on
    | Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
  • Andrew TaylorAndrew Taylor Registered User regular
    Hey I drove to PAX, just got into town, I could drive to the museum by 3:00 and tag along with you guys, would that be cool?

• ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    thanks everyone for the fun times today =) missed out on the science center =( hope everyone had fun.

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Awesome time had! Thanks for organizing it!

Sorry I couldn't be there today, but I hope you all had a good time in my city!