As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 Registration: Badges have started to arrive!

• Options
    koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    When is the latest I should have my badge by before I should start getting worried?

• Options
    BwentaliBwentali Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Adult_Bobcat.jpg

...I couldn't resist

Bwentali on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    koolaroo wrote: »
    When is the latest I should have my badge by before I should start getting worried?

according to the official pax twitter, if you have not received a badge by march 16th you should contact pax_questions@paxsite.com and they will help you figure something out.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2013
    As of PAX Prime, we lifted the restriction on posting badge pictures. I do, however, totally expect pictures of bobcats *with* the badges. Geth does not wish you to fail to comply.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Resistance is quaint.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    koolaroo wrote: »

March 16th, according to the official_pax twitter.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    as zerzhul has suggested, the pax staff went ALL OUT this year and has provided us with both badges AND bobcats. according to the part of the letter written secretly in invisible ink, both are required for entry.
    8534726206_b5264df6fd.jpg

EDIT: also worth noting, my boyfriend and i both ordered badges separately, and in spite of the fact that we live together at the exact same address, my badge came and his did not. please remember that the waves in which these are sent out are totally unpredictable, so don't start worrying just because someone in your region/state/neighborhood got theirs and you didn't yet. all in good time!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    The letter is funny per usual

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait to get my bobcat in the mail! Gonna be terrrrrrrrrrrrific!

Traitorious on
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    With the way PAX attendees will be tearing into their mail tonight, true bobcat deliveries would give the mail a sporting chance at winning that scrap. That said, I like the bobcat I paid for and ordered just fine.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Posting pics of badges is permitted? Aww. To help fight piracy, I was going to post about how I think the image of the unicorn straddling a rocket goes really well with the bright orange background.

• Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Arrived in the mail this morning. Explains why you guys absolutely killed me on the shipping this year. I guess if you used Mammals again the poaching trade would have gotten wise and then we'd have feline scalpers and forgers outside the convention.

5704.JPEG

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    got my badge today :D . it was unfortunately not accompanied by a bobcat :(

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    checking email. message from UPS? My badges are being shipped today. :)

Odd though. I thought they were going to be via USPS (US Postal Service)

And, as luck would have it, there is a storm that will be going most of tomorrow. Thank goodness the badges are plastic.

Fetch26291 on
  • Options
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    checking email. message from UPS? My badges are being shipped today. :)

Odd though. I thought they were going to be via USPS (US Postal Service)

And, as luck would have it, there is a storm that will be going most of tomorrow. Thank goodness the badges are plastic.

Large orders in the USA are via UPS I believe.

• Options
    repeterepete Registered User regular
    Got my badge

• Options
    RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    BADGE GET WOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    me and my wife got our badges today! WOOOOOO indeed!

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Got mine yesterday

• Options
    nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    Got my badge! *does a little happy dance*

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • Options
    LostlightLostlight Registered User new member
    The wife and I got our badges! Woot! Pax can't come soon enough!

• Options
    FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, what type of packaging with a 3 seperate badges come in. This is my first year getting badges for each day, and I forget what my 3 day pass came in last year

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    I 100% approve of all the Bobcats in this thread.

Hoping mine comes soon.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    FireWater wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what type of packaging with a 3 seperate badges come in. This is my first year getting badges for each day, and I forget what my 3 day pass came in last year

via USPS, it will be a regular letter envelope.

• Options
    Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    Got my badge yesterday :D Now begins 2 weeks of compulsively checking to make sure it's still in my desk top drawer.

• Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    It was a mild day in Texas when Komi set foot outside, ready to face the mailbox. He had a nerve of steel as he walked up, expecting nothing but a handful of disappointment as he pulled the mailbox open.

Stacked with bills, he let out a sigh, as he looked through them suddenly an envelope with the PAX logo on it appears at the edge. He pulls it from the stack to confirm what he saw, it's true. Dashing home from the mailbox he is prevented from his usual hop up onto the deck, so instead he rushes around the ramp and through the door. A victory shout ensues once again as he rips open the mail. With bobcat in hand he reads his letter and they both crack up laughing.

The pass has arrived, the bobcat is pleased, and once again Komi comes to the forums to post his story.
    Bobcat wouldn't stay still for the picture.
    r5tdth.jpg

Komi on
    -PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The boyfriend, brother and myself all got our passes yesterday. Two weeks left! :D

• Options
    FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    FireWater wrote: »

via USPS, it will be a regular letter envelope.

Thanks, as always, I appreciate the prompt reply.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I have a shiny new bobcat and it shall be named Buttons

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Got badges today. Mine came via UPS, so right to the door. So now my nephew and I are set for getting into the con. Now only one problem remains, and that is for at the show: remembering to NOT get food inside the BCEC unless we really really REALLY need to eat right then and there. (South Station food court is only a short walk away. Heck, it's a shorter walk from the BCEC to South Station then the length of the BCEC)

• Options
    strynght83strynght83 Registered User new member
    there are some really good bakeries/lunch places between BCEC and south station....can pass along names if people are interested.

• Options
    peteypoopeteypoo Registered User new member
    i ordered 2 badges but only one showed up WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    peteypoo wrote: »
    i ordered 2 badges but only one showed up WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they were in different orders, they may come separately. If they were in the same order, and it is legit missing one, email registration@paxsite.com and maybe copy pax_questions@paxsite.com to get it resolved.

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    strynght83 wrote: »
    there are some really good bakeries/lunch places between BCEC and south station....can pass along names if people are interested.

That would be welcome over in the restaurant thread.

My two came in today; love the letter. Still waiting for the announcement of PAX Astral Plane.

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Oh yeah baby! Bobcats and coins showed up as the only things in the mail today (my other package was delayed to tomorrow :|)

• Options
    wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Got my badges today woohoo!! :}D however I definitely missed the que with the bobcat thingamagig...this is a silly question but what are the bobcats all about?

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Now I'm going to be watching for the mail man like a hawk tomorrow. C'mon badges...

• Options
    shepdshepd Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Badges for Canada are finally being shipped (well, I got my email for the tracking number, at least). Based on my experiences with Fedex I should have my badge *just* before Friday next week (They say the 11th, but I've only ever seen that level of speed when the shipper picks Air instead of Ground). No word on the BYOC badges, though.

Well, I've gotten a blank email from "PAX East BYOC" so I'll take that as a good sign. :)

BYOC Badges have arrived too... on the same day, but a few hours later. What a loco FedEx guy we have.

shepd on
  • Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Nothing for me today. I am the worst at waiting. It's like this every year until they arrive lol

• Options
    Got mine sometime this week. I only check my mail every other week or so, so I don't know which day.