As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadow Moses Pre-PAX Game Night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf! (Updated 3/20/13)

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Sir Auros wrote: »
    I see Magic on the requested list, would anyone be down for some EDH?

I'm sure there will be!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• PeterParker77PeterParker77 Registered User regular
    i'm totally up for playing some games, sounds like fun!

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    It's a perfect warm up for PAX East :)

Quick question. Would anyone be willing to run a D&D (or other rpg) campaign? Premade characters would probably work better so we could get right to the action. 4 hours should be plenty of time to get a fun game going :)

• Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm really torn on that. I would love to run a D&D session, but I also want to play all of the boardgames! Decisions...

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
    Man, I'm really torn on that. I would love to run a D&D session, but I also want to play all of the boardgames! Decisions...

I know right! Either an up to 4 hour D&D session or a bunch of games...

• tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Me and the friends I'm coming with are really interested in hitting this up.

grym & kvlt
    tortured3 wrote: »
    Me and the friends I'm coming with are really interested in hitting this up.

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you!

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    I'm in for this one as it's a five minute walk from the Pre-Pax Dinner and can jump right on the T to get back to my hotel after it's over.

JerYnkFan wrote: »
    I'm in for this one as it's a five minute walk from the Pre-Pax Dinner and can jump right on the T to get back to my hotel after it's over.

Great!

• N13N13 Registered User regular
    Keep an eye on the time. The T stops running soon after midnight. http://www.mbta.com/uploadedFiles/Documents/Schedules_and_Maps/Subway/frequency-schedule.pdf

N13 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the time. The T stops running soon after midnight. http://www.mbta.com/uploadedFiles/Documents/Schedules_and_Maps/Subway/frequency-schedule.pdf

Thanks, but I already checked that out and I can catch a ride at 12:30am no problem according to the MBTA trip planner. Used to it from last year. Being from NJ, it was a bit weird not having a subway systems run 24/7

Thanks, but I already checked that out and I can catch a ride at 12:30am no problem according to the MBTA trip planner. Used to it from last year. Being from NJ, it was a bit weird not having a subway systems run 24/7

Where in Jersey are you from? We're coming from Jersey too!

Where in Jersey are you from? We're coming from Jersey too!

About 2 hrs north of you in Kenilworth near Union.

Nice! I'm down near LBI

• Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Nice, i'll be coming from the forum dinner too. Didn't realize it was so close.

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • ScorpiusScorpius Registered User regular
    I know someone in this thread was looking for Fiasco. I'm going to be in the Westin that Thursday, so if you want to take a walk over you can play. I'll also have Dungeon World, which has a lot of the same themes as D&D (which someone had requested).

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I hope we don't get over capacity and get kicked out lol.

This space for rent
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    I hope we don't get over capacity and get kicked out lol.

I think we'll be ok. Hopefully lol...

• N13N13 Registered User regular
    I can add another set of Zombie Dice and the Munchkin base (old skewl--no color). I also have Star Fluxx and Back to the Future (Chrononauts).
    My plans have changed. I got a room at the Westin for Th and F, which means I most likely won't make the trip to the Long Wharf for game night. Please accept my apologies.

I can add another set of Zombie Dice and the Munchkin base (old skewl--no color). I also have Star Fluxx and Back to the Future (Chrononauts).
    My plans have changed. I got a room at the Westin for Th and F, which means I most likely won't make the trip to the Long Wharf for game night. Please accept my apologies.

HOW DARE YOU!

Just kidding, that's awesome! Have fun at the Westin game night and be sure to say hit to Lexi!

• BearTheHumanBearTheHuman Registered User regular
    You can add Dominion for definite from me now, and also 7 Wonders and Star Fluxx (some space just opened up in my vehicle!).

• reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    We'll be getting in Thursday night, but I think we've got a dinner to go to. Regardless, I would love to run Dungeon World for you guys! It's not unlike D&D, but rules-light and fun as hell.

I could also bring Ascension, CAH(base), Zombie Dice, and Fiasco.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I won't have enough time post-dinner to run a full game before midnight. Am I to believe there is ample space in the connecting hotel, or should I move DW to the Westin, which appears to be open all night?

reverend_tobias on
  • embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would be very interested in possibly attending, since it's the hotel I'm staying at! I have, yet another, Cards Against Humanity deck, as well as the Dragon Age tabletop game. If you wanted to add those to the list. :)

edited March 2013
    We'll be getting in Thursday night, but I think we've got a dinner to go to. Regardless, I would love to run Dungeon World for you guys! It's not unlike D&D, but rules-light and fun as hell.

I could also bring Ascension, CAH(base), Zombie Dice, and Fiasco.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I won't have enough time post-dinner to run a full game before midnight. Am I to believe there is ample space in the connecting hotel, or should I move DW to the Westin, which appears to be open all night?

The Long Wharf isn't connected to the other hotels, we're about a mile away from the Westin. The Seaport is the one that's connected to the Westin. Let me know if that impacts your decision to come. :)

Embraceeternity and BearTheHuman, I'll add your games to the list. Look forward to meeting everyone.

And after seeing the Dragon Age game on Tabletop I REALLY want to play that lol

Halfazedninja on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Seaport is not connected to the Westin, it's just much closer than the Long Wharf :) The only thing connected to the Westin is the BCEC.

zerzhul wrote: »
    The Seaport is not connected to the Westin, it's just much closer than the Long Wharf :) The only thing connected to the Westin is the BCEC.

Thanks for the clarification! I thought there was a skybridge or something.

Also, do you sleep man!?!

• -Golden-Golden First PAX ever - PAX East 2013! NJRegistered User new member
    edited March 2013
    Hello!
    I'll be flying in late, arriving around 10. Hopefully I can still join you all? where to sign up? It'd be nice to make some new friends even before the conference starts! I'll be staying at the Marriott so this location works out fantastic!

-Golden on
    Awesome! I'm sure we can make some room for you.

There's no official sign-up. Just comment here and show up!

Well, the Long Wharf is really close to our hotel. I'd only go to the Westin if it got late, but then again, after driving all day, I'll probably be too tired to stay up too long. We'll see.

Ok cool. Yeah we're driving 6 hrs too, part of the reason I started the game night here was so all of us drivers had somewhere to go if we just wanted to chill out before 72hrs of goodness :)

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification! I thought there was a skybridge or something.

Also, do you sleep man!?!

BCEC + Skybridge + Westin

Seaport is 1 block away, outside of the complex.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    This sounds amazing, and I plan to be there. I'll also be coming from the forumer's dinner, and am staying at the Airport Hilton, which is just two T stops from the Aquarium Stop, which is just a 56 second walk from the Marriot (according to google--great map, by the way).

I'm interested in D&D, but have limited experience, so I can't really run a campaign.

I can bring a Parsley game I won at Pax last year. It's not exactly D&D, but definitely an adventure. I don't remember which one I have, but you can read about Parsley Games here:

http://memento-mori.com/online-store/parsely-games/

I'm also thinking about picking up another game before Pax East for lines and stuff, if I can find something under $30 that is light (this is key, as I will be carrying all my luggage on my pack a good chunk of Thursday and Sunday). Any recommendations/requests? Ideally I'd like to get something with a fantasy or scifi theme.

gonexall wrote: »
    This sounds amazing, and I plan to be there. I'll also be coming from the forumer's dinner, and am staying at the Airport Hilton, which is just two T stops from the Aquarium Stop, which is just a 56 second walk from the Marriot (according to google--great map, by the way).

I'm interested in D&D, but have limited experience, so I can't really run a campaign.

I can bring a Parsley game I won at Pax last year. It's not exactly D&D, but definitely an adventure. I don't remember which one I have, but you can read about Parsley Games here:

http://memento-mori.com/online-store/parsely-games/

I'm also thinking about picking up another game before Pax East for lines and stuff, if I can find something under $30 that is light (this is key, as I will be carrying all my luggage on my pack a good chunk of Thursday and Sunday). Any recommendations/requests? Ideally I'd like to get something with a fantasy or scifi theme.

You really can't go wrong with a Magic The Gathering deck for line waiting.

Which is why I'm bringing Dungeon World. You only need to bring your imagination!

Which is why I'm bringing Dungeon World. You only need to bring your imagination!

That sounds fun!

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular

Thanks, do you think the one I got last year in the grab bag with be enough. I have been told that it is a "weak" deck?

Awesome! I love the games that demand some creativity and role playing. I definitely want to check this out.

Also, the Parsley game I have is called Blackboard Jungle and should offer a fun 30-45 minute adventure. It's not replayable, but it is fun if anyone is interested. I will act as the "computer" and as many people as want to play can participate as the collective adventurer.

...and I will bringing my Vita with Sonic Racing, Little Big Planet, the Uncharted Card game--I've got others but I'm not clear on what else has multiplayer.

• YavariceYavarice Registered User regular
    My expedition from Canada will be staying here! One of my party has also been developing his own game, not actually sure if he will actually bring it but just thought I'd ask if playtesting be welcome?

Yavarice wrote: »
    My expedition from Canada will be staying here! One of my party has also been developing his own game, not actually sure if he will actually bring it but just thought I'd ask if playtesting be welcome?

Absolutely! I'm sure we could round up some playtesters!

Thanks, do you think the one I got last year in the grab bag with be enough. I have been told that it is a "weak" deck?

Awesome! I love the games that demand some creativity and role playing. I definitely want to check this out.

Also, the Parsley game I have is called Blackboard Jungle and should offer a fun 30-45 minute adventure. It's not replayable, but it is fun if anyone is interested. I will act as the "computer" and as many people as want to play can participate as the collective adventurer.

...and I will bringing my Vita with Sonic Racing, Little Big Planet, the Uncharted Card game--I've got others but I'm not clear on what else has multiplayer.

The grab bag deck is really just commons and uncommons. It's fun to screw around with but that's it.