As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Challenge Coin - No more coins!

• Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Coin arrived but the protector it arrived in was damaged.. I mean its not exactly necessary but nice to have.

Small album with the damaged case- can tell it was shipped this way as the mark it left on the case isn't entirely indented- cuts off where case is broken

Yeah, most of those plastic envelopes were broken when I got the coins from Phoenix. After the first batch of 100, Phoenix started wrapping the coins in bubble wrap instead of using the envelopes, probably because they were clearly so prone to breakage.

• Options
    TheSeffTheSeff South Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Mine came today, they're awesome! Thanks!

I am literally only registered on this forum for the PAX East PokeCrawl; Red Gold four years running. Feel free to ask questions regarding Boston Area bars, restaurants, attractions, etc around PAX East.
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Mine arrived with my badges this afternoon. Coins look fantastic! Thanks again for all your work Koala!

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Got mine today. Thanks Koala

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    Hey everyone, just an update to let you know that everyone who ordered 2012 coins has paid for them now, so there will be no 2012 coins to release to any kind of a waiting list. At this point, the only way to get 2012 coins would be to go to the coin lunch, where I am informed there will be 10 of them to give away in exchange for Child's Play donations: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/25800573/#Comment_25800573

Again, this is the 2012 coin I'm talking about. Last year's coin. I still have a small emergency reserve of 2013 coins set aside to deal with shipping problems. Assuming no one has problems, I'll release those to the waiting list next Friday (the 15th).

• Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Got my coin today! I do miss the plastic capsules, but I can always buy one of my own if I decide I really need it. The coin's very close in quality and thickness to the 2011 version, which is nice to see -- the 2012 coin was great, of course, but when I put it beside the others, it's notably thinner.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Thanks for doing this again, KoalaBro!

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    JarretttheguyJarretttheguy Registered User regular
    got my 2013s in the mail! woot!

"In the Emperor's name, forsake this game, and begone!"
  • Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Got mine today, love them! Thanks!

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    sellmi82sellmi82 Registered User regular
    Got mine today and I totally love it ! ;) thanks !

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Got mine and they are awesome!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    Received mine yesterday and they came out perfect. Going to be using one to commemorate a friend's first PAX.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Got my coin! It's beautiful!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    My coins came in last week. Not sure if I already posted, but I like them even better than last year's. Woot!

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    TheCarpeTheCarpe Registered User regular
    Got my coins in, they look great!

• Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    I got my 2013 coins and my badges and my S3 DVDs all in the same day. Woo! The coins look great! Thanks @KoalaBro2

• Options
    CalendorrCalendorr Registered User new member
    The coins are awesome, the pair I ordered came in the same time my badges did! Thanks Koala

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Tracking number said the package was delivered today, but when I went outside, there was nothing but junk mail. I'm becoming gradually more concerned as time goes on D:

• Options
    riostarwindriostarwind Registered User new member
    Also got my coins today as well. They are in awesome condition. Thanks for making this possible Koala.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Just got my two in today, and they're fuckin' rad. No damage whatsoever, and they look great!
    However, I was missing a page of the crumpled Wired article used to wrap the coins. 1/5 stars, would not buy again. :v:
    I really hope you don't think I'm serious.

• Options
    reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    Mine just arrived! They look awesome!

Thanks for getting all this organized! The Challenge Coin has become one of my favorite parts of the PAX Experience, and I don't think I could go to one without a matching Coin!

• Options
    ArcticMewArcticMew Registered User new member
    Just got my coins in today(or yesterday, didn't get my mail yesterday on account of the storm in Massachusetts), they look amazing!!

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Just got mine yesterday!!! It is awesome and very well made. One question, though. What is a good way to display it??? Are there frames or display cases one can get so I can properly display it with my other Pax stuff?

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Got my coins in today, and they look great! So happy with them!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    @Koalabro2 My coins came in today, and they look amazing! Thanks for all your work organizing this!

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    kalkukalku Registered User new member
    Just writing to say that my coin arrived today in Germany :D. International shipping wasn't as slow as I feared :).

• Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    My coins look great! Thanks for all the work you did getting this done :D

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    got my coins today and they look great. Thanks

• Options
    tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    When are the 2012s shipping?

grym & kvlt
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I have an extra 2013 PAX COIN and was wondering if anyone had a 2011 PAX coin they wanted to trade? (bought it for a friend who apparently could care less so I want it to go to a better home so-to-speak)

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    The coins have spread to Canada! Got my order today, though it may've been in the mailbox for a day or two there...

Thanks @KoalaBro2 for all you've done for us! You're a boss!

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    The coins have spread to Canada! Got my order today, though it may've been in the mailbox for a day or two there...

Thanks @KoalaBro2 for all you've done for us! You're a boss!

Got mine in Toronto on Thursday. Sorry for the late updated. Thanks for all your time and effort on these coins @KoalaBro2.

• Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    Received my coins a while ago - they look great! Thank you for all your work!

• Options
    CryptiksCryptiks Beardmaster Montreal, QcRegistered User regular
    Just received my coins! @KoalaBro2 IOU a beer for this!

• Options
    Hi all, just a couple quick updates.

First of all, I just sent out the full set of invoices for the coins I have on hand. In other words, if everyone who received an invoice today pays, then I'm out of coins! If not, I'll move to the next people on the waiting list. I feel a little bad, there's 3 people on the waiting list who I thought would receive coins who may not end up doing so. But, such are the perils of the waiting list!

Second, I've already emailed the people affected, but in the interest of full transparency: the reorder of 2012 coins was apparently stolen! My credit card company's theft insurance won't cover it because it was "under the control of a common carrier," and the USPS denies responsibility because the coins were "delivered." Phoenix did not offer insurance on the package, and I felt that it was reasonable of me not to expect theft (I live in a condo building with a locked front door which the mailman has a key to), but obviously anything can always happen, especially in Chicago in the winter when locks often freeze, and communal front doors don't always latch as they should. Fortunately, Phoenix is willing to re-run the minting at cost, and I have a bit of a surplus (based on being able to sell the extra 2013 coins minted in case of shipping issues, and the cumulative savings by having printed postage at home instead of going into the Post Office), so the two almost exactly cancel out. It's actually kind of amazing, the two amounts are within $5. The two downsides are that, first, it was my intention to donate the surplus to next year's die fee, thereby having it covered in advance, and now that's not going to happen. Second, the people who ordered 2012 coins are going to get those coins very late. But, all things considered, it could be a lot worse.

• Options
    gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    Hi all, just a couple quick updates.

First of all, I just sent out the full set of invoices for the coins I have on hand. In other words, if everyone who received an invoice today pays, then I'm out of coins! If not, I'll move to the next people on the waiting list. I feel a little bad, there's 3 people on the waiting list who I thought would receive coins who may not end up doing so. But, such are the perils of the waiting list!

Second, I've already emailed the people affected, but in the interest of full transparency: the reorder of 2012 coins was apparently stolen! My credit card company's theft insurance won't cover it because it was "under the control of a common carrier," and the USPS denies responsibility because the coins were "delivered." Phoenix did not offer insurance on the package, and I felt that it was reasonable of me not to expect theft (I live in a condo building with a locked front door which the mailman has a key to), but obviously anything can always happen, especially in Chicago in the winter when locks often freeze, and communal front doors don't always latch as they should. Fortunately, Phoenix is willing to re-run the minting at cost, and I have a bit of a surplus (based on being able to sell the extra 2013 coins minted in case of shipping issues, and the cumulative savings by having printed postage at home instead of going into the Post Office), so the two almost exactly cancel out. It's actually kind of amazing, the two amounts are within $5. The two downsides are that, first, it was my intention to donate the surplus to next year's die fee, thereby having it covered in advance, and now that's not going to happen. Second, the people who ordered 2012 coins are going to get those coins very late. But, all things considered, it could be a lot worse.

People always choose the worst times to be assholes :(
    As someone who's had many things stolen from my entryway (I live in a sketchy neighborhood), I know how much it feels like a punch in the stomach. Search eBay every once in a while to see if they come up, I can't imagine someone who doesn't know what they are doing anything else with them (unless they threw them away - sad thought).
    Cryptiks wrote: »
    Just received my coins! @KoalaBro2 IOU a beer for this!

Me too, I'm going to find you during a pre-PAX event and buy you a drink. You deserve it!

• Options
    JarretttheguyJarretttheguy Registered User regular
    dude, that sucks. Theft is so lame. Who steals random packages? The random chance of getting something valuable compared to the chance of being caught can not be worth it!

plus, these only have sentimental value to us! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

"In the Emperor's name, forsake this game, and begone!"
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I have an extra 2013 PAX COIN and was wondering if anyone had a 2011 PAX coin they wanted to trade? (bought it for a friend who apparently could care less so I want it to go to a better home so-to-speak)

Street, I don't have any 2011 coin to offer you but I'd be happy to buy the 2013 coin off you at a reasonable price. Let's talk via PM.

• Options
    That's all, folks! I just packed up the last 2013 coin, so I am now all out! Sorry to those on the waiting list who didn't make the cut. If any of you want to organize a final short run minting, I'd be happy to facilitate that in any way I can, although I will not be receiving and shipping any more coins :) Feel free to discuss here and nominate someone to handle it for you if you want.

Thanks for everyone who made this run smoothly. Also, the 2012 coins ended up showing up after all. It showed up almost a week after USPS claimed they were delivered; the package appeared intact, and had all the coins in it, so I have no idea what happened with that. Tracking on the USPS website still claims the old delivery date, but the package was left inside the locked front door, implying that it was the USPS that just lied about the delivery date. Who knows. Anyway, Phoenix was able to cancel the remint before incurring any charges other than credit card fees (which they volunteered to eat, so let's remember that next time around).

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Odd - maybe a neighbor picked it up on accident, and didn't get around to returning it until now . . . at least it's back!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Thanks again for all your hard work on this KoalaBro2!

0j92muX.png
This discussion has been closed.