As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Buttoneering - Event Schedule and Official Button info added!

• Options
    DadyWarbucks006DadyWarbucks006 PittsburghRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Printing up 200 extra buttons to hand out to Buttoneers at events just because this is my first PAX, and I feel like participating in in everything I possibly can. :rotate:

I changed my profile pic to be our button.

DadyWarbucks006 on
  • Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    zeromyst wrote: »
    ok time to see if i can get 50 more buttons before pax now. crap.
    Ditto, only ordered 50. Will place another order for 50 later today.

Should have just got 100 on the initial order. meh 8-)

yeah i thought about ordering another 50 but decided against it. if end up regretting it this year, then next year i'll do 100.

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    zeromyst wrote: »
    ok time to see if i can get 50 more buttons before pax now. crap.
    Ditto, only ordered 50. Will place another order for 50 later today.

Should have just got 100 on the initial order. meh 8-)

yeah i thought about ordering another 50 but decided against it. if end up regretting it this year, then next year i'll do 100.

In the end I decided to only order 50 as well, but I'm running with 50 bonus buttons too so... hopefully I'll be fine. If not, get more next year!

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • Options
    So...I've learned over time that I really suck at graphic design and artwork in general. But I really would like to participate in Buttoneering. Anybody have any recommendations? I'd be looking to create one avatar button and one bonus button.

Thanks!
    With East yielding to the call of the button, is anyone else (who is also planning on going to Prime) considering making annual buttons rather than event specific buttons? Its tempting to just order a chunk of buttons to cover both events...

(Also, my Dovah-Kleen button has been added as a bonus button)

The Dovah-Kleen is one of my favs. Awesome idea.

• Options
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    Lady Amalthea, i will definitely have my eyes peeled for you. that button is lovely, i've got to have one!

Spaceballs the Pin may be the only thing better than the flamethrower

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Rabid Dog wrote: »
    Wow. I submitted the order on Monday and they have all ready been delivered. Was not expecting such a super-fast turnaround from them!

This sort of thing is precisely why we use purebuttons :)

I called them yesterday, used the chat window while I was ordering today, and emailed back and forth with the art dept about my proofs. Everyone was awesome to work with. I've never done this before, but I can't imagine it going smoother.

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    What's the best way to display/carry all these pins? I could stick them all to my backpack, but that might fill up quick. Any suggestions?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Delaney wrote: »
    Just in case more people want to participate but are worried about being too late due to the very long turn-around with some companies, I'd suggest checking out wackybuttons.com. They're whom I'm trying since the prices were good and they have an online button design capability. Buttons ship the day after they receive payment (so use a credit card or a Paypal balance) with an additional 2-4 days needed for mailing (USPS). There's still time!

(Note: I'm in no way affiliated with the site; just a new customer.)

I'm putting together a bonus button, and I'm going to use this site for its prompt delivery. FYI I emailed them about a PAX discount, and this is what they said:

Thank you for your email. You can use this coupon code to get 15% off.

The coupon code is: pax3564

Valid on our website: www.wackybuttons.com

The coupon is valid for 15% off any order and will expire April 30, 2013

Please pass this on to anyone involved in this event that may be interested
    in making custom buttons.

P.S. I hope I posted this in time for you to use Delaney

DadyWarbucks006 on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Khaytor wrote: »
    What's the best way to display/carry all these pins? I could stick them all to my backpack, but that might fill up quick. Any suggestions?

PAX East Scarf

• Options
    PAX East Scarf

This just gave me a genius idea... muahahahahahaha.

fss_overall.png

• Options
    Bonus button posted on the Buttoneering page. When you get a sentry gun in Black Ops 2; the game says "Sentry gun ready for deployment." All you need to do is figure out what I call them instead and say "_ _ ready for deployment" to me. The button contains all the clues you should need.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    My buttons have shipped from PureButtons.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    <---profile pic equals button

Also uploaded on buttoneering page

xenard on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    elleecstaticelleecstatic Registered User regular
    This is my first pax and this seems so cool!
    Im totally game for this! Can I put tiny magnets on the back of them? I will be wearing armor, it'll be much easier for me to showcase them all. ;o

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Im totally game for this! Can I put tiny magnets on the back of them? I will be wearing armor, it'll be much easier for me to showcase them all. ;o

You can do whatever you want with them, although I would encourage keeping the pins on the ones you are giving out because not everyone will have armor with which to use a magnet.

• Options

You can do whatever you want with them, although I would encourage keeping the pins on the ones you are giving out because not everyone will have armor with which to use a magnet.

oh okays. Thanks!
    Just uploaded mines ^^

• Options
    oh okays. Thanks!
    Just uploaded mines ^^

I've been obsessively checking the Buttoneering site - those are both awesome.

Any requirements for the bonus button?

fss_overall.png

• Options
    ravnos13 wrote: »
    oh okays. Thanks!
    Just uploaded mines ^^

Thanks! I would've drawn something but its short notice @_@ Pax Prime i'll be ready!

Hmm, I didn't even think of that haha! Must think of something!

• Options
    oh okays. Thanks!
    Just uploaded mines ^^

Thanks! I would've drawn something but its short notice @_@ Pax Prime i'll be ready!

No doubt. Mine were put together rather hastily too. Behold my vast photo-editing prowess... with MS Paint and Power Point. lol

• Options
    oh okays. Thanks!
    Just uploaded mines ^^

No doubt. Mine were put together rather hastily too. Behold my vast photo-editing prowess... with MS Paint and Power Point. lol

You did well! It totally doesn't look like it.

• Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    My wife has decided she is committed to joining in on this. Anyone know a good home button making kit? I used to work at a graphics sign shop where we had a button punch but I can't find one online (or don't know what they are called).

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    bschorybschory Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    My buttons have shipped!

I have to say, working with PureButtons on this was great. I paid for the digital proof (just to be sure) and rush service, and they were super friendly and helpful and shipped on time. Awesome.

@ScudMuffin

I had reasonable results Googling for "button machine" and "badge machine" and got a decent number of hits for what you're looking for. I didn't do enough research to be able to link to a good one. I also recall seeing a one in my local art store (Blick, in Cambridge, MA) so you might have some luck going that route.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    ScudMuffin wrote: »
    My wife has decided she is committed to joining in on this. Anyone know a good home button making kit? I used to work at a graphics sign shop where we had a button punch but I can't find one online (or don't know what they are called).

http://www.badgeaminit.com/ has all the supplies, including a home kit. I have a button press, but the metal backings and plastic fronts for 100 buttons will run you about $30-$35 I think, plus the kit is expensive ($120 for the kit and 100 pin backs). Additionally, they don't run in 1.5", but only in 1.25", which was kind-of disappointing.

Probably worth it in the long run as after year one you'll cut your button costs in half, but didn't seem worth it to me for this year with it coming up so close to PAX East.

Hope that helps!

Edit: @bschory made me remember, I should mention that I actually have one of their presses. Or had, I think it's at my parent's house. We used it when I was younger to make and sell buttons in bulk, so they're pretty heavy-duty and can stand up to a lot. My point: I have first-hand knowledge that it's a pretty decent product for what you're looking for.

As a side note - My first set of buttons (the avatar ones) shipped! I expect the other two sets will ship Monday...

ravnos13 on
    fss_overall.png

• Options
    edited March 2013
    My buttons have been shipped!!!

xenard on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @bschory @ravnos13
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into that press, we will be cutting it to close for this year. We may wait till next year (or maybe Prime if we can make it)

ScudMuffin on
    XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    ScudMuffin wrote: »
    @bschory @ravnos13
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into that press, we will be cutting it to close for this year. We may wait till next year (or maybe Prime if we can make it)

Good luck, hope you're able to get some buttons done!

fss_overall.png

• Options
    scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    I ordered mine finally! (late, as usual >_>;, but that's alright)

Looking forward to trading my humble buttons for some of those snazzypants ones....

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Options
    metdennmetdenn Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I got 100 of these, hope people enjoy!
    paxpanda2.png?1362807727

metdenn on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    metdenn wrote: »
    I got 100 of these, hope people enjoy!
    paxpanda2.png?1362807727

Oh my god. I must have it. Panda Cheese has the greatest commercials of all time.

Also, figured I should take pictures of my buttons finally.
    k3SArI8.jpg?1

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    why is everyones buttons SO DARN CUTEEE *-*

mines dont even live up to the cuteness @_@

elleecstatic on
  • Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    I agree, there are some great buttons. I have 50 avatar and 100 bonus buttons. I don't plan on bringing them home with me.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    I'm getting a bit antsy, hopefully I didn't overwhelm purebuttons with ordering 350 buttons >_>

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Awwwww yeaaaaa.
    BE-ZFOmCQAAx3jt.jpg:large

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    So many great buttons to collect!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love how all the buttons are just showing up near the last second. So glad I decided to go with 150 instead of holding back thinking this wouldn't be big the first time at east.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    Yeah I wasn't worried about only ordering 50 at first but now I am! Ah well... Live and learn.

fss_overall.png

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Got my giant box of buttons yesterday :) I'll have to dig out my leftovers from Prime to give away as bonus buttons too.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I'll be there with buttons that look like my avatar. In addition to other people's buttons, I collect pictures of people holding my buttons.

• Options
    wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to mooch buttons off of people when you have no avatar buttons to give out in return? Or Is this frowned upon?

• Options
    Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    wrccitroen wrote: »
    Is it possible to mooch buttons off of people when you have no avatar buttons to give out in return? Or Is this frowned upon?
    wrccitroen wrote: »

I, for one, plan to hand mine out to pretty much anyone, regardless of an "exchange" or not. I'm sure most will do the same! :)

Even though this is my first time going, you should totally participate next year too! xP

This discussion has been closed.