As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They Might Be Giants: Join Us

13»

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    He has song long gorgeous hair!!!

Yes, the trigger for the breakdown just wraps the whole thing up perfectly.

I thought the parts with the roman candles was quite beautiful. Nice job getting the moon in there, too.

EyQGd.jpg
  • flagrant porkflagrant pork Registered User regular
    Haha sweet, I didn't think anyone would notice the moon.

• johnniejohnnie Registered User regular
    Can someone please tell me where I can find a genuine track for "How much cake can you Eat" by They Might Be Giants I have exhausted all sites

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like TMBG but I don't listen to them very often for some reason.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I love TMBG.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Three Might Be Duende has probably my favorite TMBG line of late:

The first team member
    Is hatching a dastardly plan
    Like a bird with a dastardly egg

I guess it's not particularly poignant but it caught me off guard.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    If you haven't yet, check out Album Raises New and Troubling Questions

It's a bunch of songs that didn't quite make the cut for Join Us, along with some random stuff like their cover of Tubthumping

Shabooty wrote: »
    all sites!?
    all the places that I know. I would just like to hear it I have the lyrics it is a very short song about 50secs but I just cannot find it

If you haven't yet, check out Album Raises New and Troubling Questions

It's a bunch of songs that didn't quite make the cut for Join Us, along with some random stuff like their cover of Tubthumping

it does not appear on the track list. It is offered as a ringtone but that's it I cannot find any audio or video anywhere the strange thing is it has lyrics and if it can be a ringtone then it must be recorded somewhere

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I have it as part of ARNaTQ so it's definitely on there

Maybe you only get it if you buy the whole album or something?

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    edit: nm, I think we're talking about different things

SaraLuna on

Thanx for your help. I don't have a problem buying an album providing I can be sure that "How Much Cake Can You Eat" is on there

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Since this thread came back from the dead, who all is going to see TMBG on this tour? answer: me so if anybody else is going to the show in Rochester we should hang out

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'd like to see them when they play in Birmingham but I haven't worked it out yet. They come to AL rarely enough that it might be worth taking off work for that night.

johnnie wrote: »

Thanx for your help. I don't have a problem buying an album providing I can be sure that "How Much Cake Can You Eat" is on there

Oh wait I thought we were talking about tub thumping

I got no idea where you can get how much cake can you eat

I'd like to see them when they play in Birmingham but I haven't worked it out yet. They come to AL rarely enough that it might be worth taking off work for that night.
    Is that birmingham and rochester uk or USA ??????

Hmmmmm I'm off the night they're playing in Dallas

I might just have to go

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Didn't TMBG release the first official internet only music album in 1999?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Didn't TMBG release the first official internet only music album in 1999?

Yeah, Long Tall Weekend

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Is that birmingham and rochester uk or USA ??????

Birmingham USA.

Oh wait I thought we were talking about tub thumping

I got no idea where you can get how much cake can you eat

OK sorry for creating the confusion I guess I am just not going to find the track for how much cake can you eat

oh my gosh Nanobots is so good. I liked Join Us quite a bit but Nanobots is just...better. Call You Mom is my initial favorite song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTA2MPDmSuw

• SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    you i liked join us more than anything they've made in a while, but this is GREAT

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    No love for You're On Fire? Their show this time around was pretty good, a little too strobey for my tastes unfortunately but I'd totally go again if they were closer than 4 1/2 hours away.

you're on fire is another fine entry in their habit of extremely good first tracks

I was going to post a list of favorite tracks but golly most of them are great.

yeah seriously. stone cold coup d'etat is also pretty freaking rad. basically everything i love about this band in one song

Oh my goodness a new TMBG album!

Dunno if i like it as much as join us but join us also took a little time to grow on me so well see

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such