As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Registration: Badges have started to arrive!

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got my badge today! Did not realize it came with a funny letter (1st time at Pax). Super-excited now, 2 weeks to go :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Still no badge, but holding steady!

I actually had a nightmare last night about missing my favourite panel.

Not sure what to think about that...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Joined the bobcat nation last night. Its all coming together...yes...

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    I think the recent snowstorm may have reduced my chances of getting my badges today, I am way to impatient for this.

• BwentaliBwentali Registered User regular
    got my bobcats in the mail. Quick note: bobcats do not like snow and do not microwave well

• riostarwindriostarwind Registered User new member
    Wasn't expecting to get my passes this week but turns out they showed up in the mail today. :D

• arookiarooki Waltham maRegistered User regular
    We got our 1 Saturday pass but the other passes we ordered for multiple people haven't come yet. This is so stressful!

• embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No 3 day passes yet in the mail. I might have accidentally registered it to be sent to the post office, though. I should check that out ASAP. :| I just want to hold my precious pass in my hands.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Bobcat recieved.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    No 3-day's yet. Strange too, a friend on the other side of town got hers 3 days ago.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I gots mah bobcats

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    No 3-day's yet. Strange too, a friend on the other side of town got hers 3 days ago.

That is not even a little bit strange. The badges go out in waves, and not dependent on anything that anyone has been able to nail down into a pattern. Your neighbor's badges have zero impact on yours. In fact if you ordered two separate badge orders, they would have zero impact on each other.

• GreenMist22GreenMist22 Registered User new member
    Will there be an official thread for those looking to buy or sell extras?

Will there be an official thread for those looking to buy or sell extras?

Nope, this practice has been disallowed for the few paxes and will not be reinstated at this time. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our rules :)

• tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Got my bobcats today :)

grym & kvlt
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    Hey! Guess what I got in the mail today!

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Got my bobcat yesterday!!!! I didn't know that they were delivered in blocks of ice. Guess that's typical for a Bostonian :)

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I made 3 separate orders and it is a total of 6 badges, I assume I have to pick them up there right? (4 three days and 1 each of fri/sat)

I made 3 separate orders and it is a total of 6 badges, I assume I have to pick them up there right? (4 three days and 1 each of fri/sat)

Only if you ordered them after a date in February, and since you mentioned 3-days that means you ordered in october. You will get them in the mail.

Only if you ordered them after a date in February, and since you mentioned 3-days that means you ordered in october. You will get them in the mail.

Unless he is outside the USA and did not pay for international shipping.

zerzhul wrote: »

Ah yes, and that. That's why they pay you the big bucks :)

Zero is a huge number.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

The only reason I ask is because I thought I read on the registration site that any orders with over 5 badges had to get picked up at will call, I just don't know if I should be giddy going to the mailbox every day or if I need to be sad that I can't take a pre-pax picture of the badges (plus I can give them to my friends and not have to worry about forgetting my bar code/paper at home!)

Zero is a huge number.

The Mayans would agree

edited March 2013

The only reason I ask is because I thought I read on the registration site that any orders with over 5 badges had to get picked up at will call, I just don't know if I should be giddy going to the mailbox every day or if I need to be sad that I can't take a pre-pax picture of the badges (plus I can give them to my friends and not have to worry about forgetting my bar code/paper at home!)

Oh, I see. I guess I don't know for sure. Best bet would be to email registration@paxsite.com and/or pax_questions@pasite.com and ask.

zerzhul on
  • wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Got my bobcat yesterday!!!! I didn't know that they were delivered in blocks of ice. Guess that's typical for a Bostonian :)

Yo, what's the deal with the whole bobcat thing? I missed the boat on that one...

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    wrccitroen wrote: »
    jdixon1972 wrote: »

Yo, what's the deal with the whole bobcat thing? I missed the boat on that one...

due to last year's ban on badge picture posting, it was speculated that the new security features were actually just live bobcats, as seen here.

the inspiration for this hilarity originated here.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • flubbedpythonflubbedpython Registered User regular
    I checked my registration to find out what shipping address the badges were going to. Upon checking that I found out that the zip code I had entered is one digit off from the correct address. It was supposed to be 49330 and I accidently entered 49340. I figure with 70,000+ people that I can't be the only one this has happened to. Please tell me how to I obtain the badges I paid for?

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    They may arrive a little late. If they do not arrive, bring the email confirmation for the badge with you to the registration desk will-call.

JfqWFk8.png
    Email pax_questions@paxsite.com and registration@paxsite.com

• flubbedpythonflubbedpython Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I have sent an email to registration@paxsite.com; I will try pax_question@paxsite.com. No reply yet, but for obvious reasons I am freaking out about it. :(
    Thanks for your help.

flubbedpython on
  • nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Just got mine! I was starting to worry they wouldn't make it.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Got my badges (Fri-Sat-Sun) but no bobcat :( kinda disappointed since I had to pay even more ($105 compared to $65) since I missed the boat again this year and 3days got sold out...

tFh5HdJ.png
    Domino wrote: »
    Got my badges (Fri-Sat-Sun) but no bobcat :( kinda disappointed since I had to pay even more ($105 compared to $65) since I missed the boat again this year and 3days got sold out...

Not sure if your serious...but the picture of the stuffed bobcat...yeah that didn't come with the badges, just an on-going joke :)

• bschorybschory Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    3 badges (from 2 separate orders) arrived nicely today in 1 envelope.

The envelope was taped to a large crate. I'm happy to report that, after 2 hours of working with a very nice agent from the Department of Wildlife, the bobcat is settling in quite well.

• DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Domino wrote: »

Not sure if your serious...but the picture of the stuffed bobcat...yeah that didn't come with the badges, just an on-going joke :)

;3; so I've been fooled XD

tFh5HdJ.png
  • ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    Zomg Badges...

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • RegimentRegiment Registered User regular
    Two sets of three bobcats came today. I hadn't realized that you had to assemble the bobcats yourself, and I think I still have three screws and a rubber band left over.

I never lose, I just win sideways.
    Keep in mind that the badges are going out in waves and the PAX twitter has mentioned to please not panic until March 16th.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    My international mailed badges are due on Monday for me according to the fedex tracker so i would guess other internationals who paid shipping should be also recieving theirs soon. I got an email with my tracking details on.

pax%20sig.png