As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When you have a [Mass Effect 3]. You call me.

DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does StuffYou Know, There. Registered User regular

cerberuslogo.png

unledpev.png
Mass Effect Wiki - Suicide Mission Guide (ME2) - Import Saves (ME1/2 PC & XBOX ONLY) -
Face Codes (ME2)

300pxme3logo.png
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available Everywhere NOW.

List of Origin/XBL/PSN names here! (Join here!)

Join the Steam group!

Xbox Metatag = PennyA ME3

ME3 Pre-Release Videos
Normandy Tour 2 - Normandy Tour - Hijacking an Atlas - Palaven Gameplay - Live Action Trailer - Mars Gameplay - Galaxy Map - CG Trailer - FemShep Trailer - Ruthless and Intelligent Enemies - Adrenaline-Pumping Gameplay - Integrated Storytelling - Customizable Arsenal - Voice Cast - Multiplayer Trailer - James Vega - Tuchanka Gameplay - Squad Leader Gameplay - E3 Trailer - Earth Demo - Sur'Kesh Demo - Reaper Base Demo - Kinect Demo

ME3 DLC Videos
Leviathan - Omega - Extended Cut Interview - Resurgence - Rebellion - Earth - Retaliation - Reckoning

More Mass Effect

Games!
200pxmasseffectoriginal.jpg masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg
200pxfinalboxartme2.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png 180pxmasseffectinvasion.jpg 73322203.png
200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png vegat.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

Community Sundries

@TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:
one |two| three | FOUR! | FIVE!!

@GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction for the PC version of ME2:
A lot of people don't like the opening 10 minute intro movie, but there is a way to get rid of it. Go to:

C:....mass effect 2\BioGameMovies

Change the extension of the following files to .bak:

Opening_End_Seq.bik

Opening_End_SeqFM.bik

Opening_Seq_INT.bik

ProCer_300_FirstFlight.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_INT.bak

ProNor_Pod2.bik

ProNorEscape.bik

ProNorEscapeAsh.bik

ProNorEscapeKaid.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_ESN.bik

ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bak

BWLogo.bak

ProNor_Shepard_Rebuilt.bik

This will not get rid of everything, you still have to watch the non-CGI cutscenes and Save Joker. But it does cut down quite a bit. If you want those movies back just rename them to .bik again. If you're worried your renaming the wrong thing, you can download a BIK palyer and confirm the files.

3. For those who hate planet scanning and hacking, there is an easy ini file edit floating around. This is just a colaseced editor that you guys have already been playing with but this one seemed pretty idiot proof to me. This again needs an external program but is non-excutable.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjjzlzzzmyj

This has all kinds of stuff like god mode, extra weapons, infinite ammo etc., but if you just want the money, just use it to get your resources, save, then exit the game and revert to the non-hacked state.

@korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!

bingofinalv2.jpg

@Spoit has a far more simple variation:
me2bingo.jpg

@curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the ME2:
@Orca has kindly complied all of the shamelessly awful pictures posted in this thread.

@Orca explains how to transfer ME1 to Origin:
From the other thread, enter your info here: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

then create or link an existing EA classic account. Origin should figure out what's up without you doing anything more at that point.

*If buying ME somewhere other than Origin and it doesn't contain BDTS or PS, contact Origin CS and they can get it fixed for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8
-Tal wrote: »

Massive. End. Spoilers. DO NOT CLICK. SERIOUSLY.

From @Yougottawanna a Brilliant dissection as to why the ending is so bad in Red Letter Media Style:
And a followup:
From @manwiththemachinegun SECRET TRUE ENDING HHEYYYYAAA!!!!!

True Last Boss!

Bioware Blog Where official announcements about pending Multiplayer weekend events are made.
MP Build Simulator
Mass Effect 3 MP Weapon Data
Mass Effect 3 MP Wave Composition Chart
Bioware Resistance Multipliers Thread
For a list of your obtained equipment and their respective levels, check your Bioware Social account. Go to "My Games" and click Mass Effect 3 in the pop-up box and then choose Multiplayer Manifest.

Special thanks to @-Tal for putting together an awesome OP.
The OP has been stolen so many fucking times. We're gonna fill up the OP with credits. :D
OP Shamelessly stolen from @forar who stole it from @The Dude With Herpes who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @forar who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @-Tal
Taramoor wrote: »
The following was posted by a BioWare mod as an apology for the online pass issue, which they're working on.
tumblr_m28k0axzRD1rq5i6do1_500.jpg
830pxinterrupticons.png
And last, but certainly not least: The TRUE Hero of Mass Effect
u8BWP.gif

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Quads!

Also, although the 200 wave requirement makes getting the cheevos feel like work it also helps/forces you to understand the character better. Just did my geth engineer to work towards machinist, and by the end I was playing him really well, exploding shit left right and centre with the turret flamer and overload.

envoy1 on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Quads.

This Geth SMG isn't too bad on a Geth Infiltrator. Although, to be fair, any weapon in the hands of a class that has that many fucking bonus modifiers is going to be pretty decent.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I finally unlocked a Harrier today

I think I will use it later

On basically everyone

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I need to play Mass Effect 3 campaign again, all the way through as a different class and as Renegade. Plus I haven't done any DLC yet.

My problem? Too many other games. I picked up Tomb Raider last week, and this coming Tuesday is God of War Ascension AND Starcraft. In two Tuesdays I've got Bioshock Infinite. I'm probably looking at May before my plate is clear again to start replaying games I've already beaten. Maybe later than that depending on how long it takes me to get through this current backlog.

Lucascraft on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Pretty much.

I want to play ME3 again.

but then I still need to finish Dead Space 3.

And Metal Gear.

And start Tomb Raider.

I also wanted to replay Fire Emblem.

Oh yeah...Bioshock comes out in a few weeks.

Add this all with me having little free time already...

Second Christmas, man.

Also...whenever I load ME3...I always end up playing MP...>_>...

Dragkonias on
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Fishdog Food Shack.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I do still play quite a bit of ME3 multi, cause a couple dudes I work with are addicted to it. We usually play ME3 multi about 3 nights a week. It's good times, playing with friends. Golds aren't a problem at all when you have people you can count on.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So, someone said squad stuff progressively unlocks as you do quests... Like, main game quests? This carries the implication that there's a point in the game that's too LATE to do the squad stuff for best results... Or are there like, weird "Go get me a beer" quests within the DLC?

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Quads? Quads indeed.

I should probably start buying Arsenal packs. Got nothing but characters I already have from Reserves packs, which is pretty disheartening.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah it usually takes me a couple games to get readjusted to a kit.

Which means I'm almost comically terrible playing with the good PA peoples. Helped some people do the platinum challenge with Curly and Ardol and felt like I was hindering more than helping. Compounding the issue was that Curly and Ardol murdered everything so I just couldn't get into a groove.

Not that I'm complaining at all. Watching Curly go nuts with a NotEDI was very amusing and I'll never turn down credits :lol:

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Quints.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    dporowski wrote: »
    So, someone said squad stuff progressively unlocks as you do quests... Like, main game quests? This carries the implication that there's a point in the game that's too LATE to do the squad stuff for best results... Or are there like, weird "Go get me a beer" quests within the DLC?

If you load up a "finished the game" save it will plunk you right prior to the cerberus base mission (which flows directly into the ending without really stopping). At that point in the game all of the Citadel stuff will be unlocked.

Beyond that, the main Citadel mission which has regular combat and such unlocks after Citadel II, and the party becomes available after completion of the main mission. Character interaction stuff unlocks at other points, but generally what unlocks it will be the point at which that character is freed up, either to join your party if they are a squad mate, or after their main game appearances are completed.

For example, Miranda interaction becomes available after finishing Sanctuary.

-edit-

And you should save your party for the end if you want everyone who can be there there.

Regina Fong on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I'm curious about this as well...

• BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Is the meta tag still updated?

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    Is the meta tag still updated?

It hasn't for probably more than 6 months.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    From the previous thread:
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Note that the Geth can never seem to help themselves whenever the Reapers sidle up to them and show some leg, even well past the point when the Geth should know what the Reapers' goal is.

Not true, and explained in game
    When the Quarians blew up the Geth megastrucure they killed so many Geth that it significantly reduced the ability of the Geth to make higher level moral decisions.

Otherwise they never would have allied with the Reapers; only the diminished consensus valued mere survival enough to sell out to the Reapers.

That's why Legion had to upload himself to the rest of the Geth, that was the only way the remaining Geth would again achieve enough intelligence to meet (and exceed) their previous level of moral reasoning.
    Also, if you brainwashed the Geth in ME2 as opposed to destroying them, it's easier for the Geth to side with the Reapers.

Orca wrote: »

There is a point with a couple of late-game characters (Tali and Miranda), but only because of how their individual fates can shake out. If you're planning on saving everyone, and succeed, you can run everything in the Citadel DLC right before the endgame.

Basically all the quests aren't quite "go get me a beer", but you have to either invite everyone over to the apartment, or meet them somewhere in the new Citadel areas.

Completed the first part of the Weekend Event, and got a Hurricane VI for my trouble. Which is pretty awesome, since that's the exact gun I've been using on my Human Sentinel.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

i dont understand the "too late" for squad stuff comment, given what i know of the game at that point.
    the only too late stuff is when you launch the attack at cerberus
    you have to have done everyones quest in the main game to get them to unlock throughout the dlc and the party (except for the main dlc and only if they are in your main squad and that only counts for one squad members)

Deaderinred on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I haven't played anything since the N7 classes came out. Tell me about the cool stuff I have missed (besides DLC which I have already heard is rockin')

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    In a recent Silver-game, I started blowing up Abominations with reckless abandon when I realised that I was an unstoppable revivinator. I'm sure it was annoying, but I also turned objectives into spa-sessions.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    I haven't played anything since the N7 classes came out. Tell me about the cool stuff I have missed (besides DLC which I have already heard is rockin')

collectors with sync kills, krogans with hammers and volus. playable. in multiplay.

volus vanguard.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the n7 classes are still basically the coolest stuff out there, aside from the geth juggernaut and turians with jetpacks. There are some newer powerful classes but nothing super interesting necessarily

and the collector guy that I still don't have

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited March 2013

i dont understand the "too late" for squad stuff comment, given what i know of the game at that point.
    the only too late stuff is when you launch the attack at cerberus
    you have to have done everyones quest in the main game to get them to unlock throughout the dlc and the party (except for the main dlc and only if they are in your main squad and that only counts for one squad members)

So, my understanding:
    -Have to have done their stuff main-game if you want them to be in the DLC
    -Party after mission, both before the Base of course
    -Otherwise, no form of gating/control apart from "have to go to an area to talk to someone".

However the comment from the last thread was that not everything unlocks in terms of post-mission squad dialogue at once, and you go do some quests, unlock more, come back to the apartment, etc. Which did not fit my understanding, so now I'm trying to obsessively plan things out. Like I do.

dporowski on
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    People restart Origin

Something funky happened again. Before restarting I appeared as offline to those who restarted already, invites got lost etc.

Before restarting I had 20 people online, now only 5. It's like steam ghost chats or something!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

edited March 2013

So you haven't played since the Earth DLC? Man, you've missed out on a lot. Earth had the N7 classes, like you said. It also had three new maps (London, Rio and Vancouver), and three of the best weapons in the game (Acolyte pistol, Typhoon assault rifle and Piranha shotgun).

Retaliation was the next DLC after that. It added in the Collectors as an additional enemy type. It also included sixteen new characters including the Geth Trooper Soldier (basically a Geth Pyro), the Turian Ghost Infiltrator (cloak bonuses apply to assault rifles instead of sniper rifles) and even a few Volus. This is also where they introduced Hazard maps. A Hazard map is a variation of a standard map. Like, on Hazard Ghost, it's the same as Firebase: Ghost, but there's acid rain that falls and wrecks your shields. Or on Hazard Reactor, you can close the reactor and trap enemies inside. They're all pretty cool.

Except for Hazard Dagger, where there's a sandstorm that limits visibility to like, 10 meters ahead of yourself at any given time.

Fuck that shit.

And that brings us around to the final DLC, Reckoning, which only just came out. New classes include the absolutely unstoppable Geth Juggernaut, who moves slow and cannot take cover, but is nearly impossible to take down and cannot be sync-killed by enemy boss units, the Alliance Infiltration Unit, which is basically a FemBot infiltrator with Snap Freeze and a cloak bonus for shotguns that can revive herself without medi-gel (it's as overpowered as it sounds, yes), and the ultra rare Awakened Collector adept. We didn't get any new maps or enemies this time around, but some of the weapons are cool -- there's an ultra rare Lancer, which is a lot like the one you use in ME1, as in it doesn't have clips but rather heats up and cools down when you use it.

Also, challenges. Everything you do now grants you progress toward different challenges. When you fully finish something up, you gain cool banners and stuff that you can show off in lobbies.

milk ducks on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    any xbox dudes wanna come on and help me knock out some plat

i'm playing with another dude and we finished the wave 10 objective on collectors plat, but we wiped

just a little more firepower would go a long way

edited March 2013
    Elendil wrote: »

i'm playing with another dude and we finished the wave 10 objective on collectors plat, but we wiped

I'm leaving in about half an hour to have dinner with my wife, and then we're stopping by my Aunt's place because it's her 50th birthday, but I'll be home after that. We may put the kids to bed and watch a movie or something, but I will be on tonight and I will be helping PA folks clear Plat. Just get in touch with me.

milk ducks on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

So you haven't played since the Earth DLC? Man, you've missed out on a lot. Earth had the N7 classes, like you said. It also had three new maps (London, Rio and Vancouver), and three of the best weapons in the game (Acolyte pistol, Typhoon assault rifle and Piranha shotgun).

Retaliation was the next DLC after that. It added in the Collectors as an additional enemy type. It also included sixteen new characters including the Geth Trooper Soldier (basically a Geth Pyro), the Turian Ghost Infiltrator (cloak bonuses apply to assault rifles instead of sniper rifles) and even a few Volus. This is also where they introduced Hazard maps. A Hazard map is a variation of a standard map. Like, on Hazard Ghost, it's the same as Firebase: Ghost, but there's acid rain that falls and wrecks your shields. Or on Hazard Reactor, you can close the reactor and trap enemies inside. They're all pretty cool.

Except for Hazard Dagger, where there's a sandstorm that limits visibility to like, 10 meters ahead of yourself at any given time.

Fuck that shit.

And that brings us around to the final DLC, Reckoning, which only just came out. New classes include the absolutely unstoppable Geth Juggernaut, who moves slow and cannot take cover, but is nearly impossible to take down and cannot be sync-killed by enemy boss units, the Alliance Infiltration Unit, which is basically a FemBot infiltrator with Snap Freeze and a cloak bonus for shotguns that can revive herself without medi-gel (it's as overpowered as it sounds, yes), and the ultra rare Awakened Collector adept. We didn't get any new maps or enemies this time around, but some of the weapons are cool -- there's an ultra rare Lancer, which is a lot like the one you use in ME1, as in it doesn't have clips but rather heats up and cools down when you use it.

Also, challenges. Everything you do now grants you progress toward different challenges. When you fully finish something up, you gain cool banners and stuff that you can show off in lobbies.

Sheee-it. I'll...probably be online later tonight.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I actually finished both challenges at the same time (I only did platinums until I managed to squeak out an extraction in each). I only got one commendation pack. Is that right? It seems like I should've gotten one for each.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    the n7 classes are still basically the coolest stuff out there, aside from the geth juggernaut and turians with jetpacks. There are some newer powerful classes but nothing super interesting necessarily

This is how I feel.

Sure, there are a lot of stronger classes out these days but as far as style goes the Earth characters are still my favorite.

I actually had to stop playing with them because I got Earth Mastery 3 times over while everything else still needed leveling.

Dragkonias on
    Elendil wrote: »

I'm going out tonight but if I get in at a decent hour I might jump on. Worst case I'll definitely be around tomorrow so if you don't get it just send me a note and we can pick a time.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

That Collector guy is all I ever get from PSPs these days. :(

I'm so bugged on skill points on him, I have -33 skill points to use atm.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I just got the collector guy. How do people use him?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I can do some platinum games on 360 later this evening, if you will be on then

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HuddsHudds Fool Just Outside TimeRegistered User regular

You're not missing much. The N7 crew is far and away the most fun classes to play, plus notEDI. I can't seem to find my rhythm with the Collector.

I actually finished both challenges at the same time (I only did platinums until I managed to squeak out an extraction in each). I only got one commendation pack. Is that right? It seems like I should've gotten one for each.

When you finish both at the same time, things don't work out that well. In the previous thread--somewhere--there was a link to a page that would fix your commendation pack problems. I had to use it, but it fixed my shit.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular

Its a bug, the store isn't designed to have more than 1 pack active at a time. Go to the Bioware ME3 page, should be a link you can click that will fix it.

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Up for some plat runs on xbox. Still need a couple and will be on for next hour or five. Tag is same as here if anyone is wanting to fill out a team.

DreadBert on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'll be on 360 for plat runs in an hour or so.

Aha, found something in the FAQ.
    There is no right or wrong time to play the Citadel DLC, once it’s unlocked. If you play the Citadel DLC with everything else unlocked (just before attacking Cronos Station), the new DLC content will all be unlocked.

Whew. I can dial back the OCD.

I just got the collector guy. How do people use him?

I've re spec'ed him I think 4 or 5 times now. Most recently this morning after I finally took him into a group game and discovered just how lag dependent he is. Basically if you're not hosting it takes a long time to fire off his swarms and casting Dark Sphere is hit or miss. On the bright side you can override the Swarm cooldown with Dark Channel.

In a nutshell- difficult to play him as a caster off host. If you have any of the Prothean/Collector weapons he makes for an excellent Sentinel with really strong weapon output and DoT. Max out his passives for weapon damage, max Dark Channel for armor, max Swarm for damage reduction, and then 4/4 in Sphere and Fitness. Equip Warp Ammo and use Sphere mainly to prime groups to get the warp ammo bonuses. Use Dark Channel for bosses and to quickly prime individual targets. Use swarms mainly for defense or emergency staggers/explosions. He takes a fair amount of practice due to having so many options.