As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    vttym wrote: »
    Man, reading that FB thread makes me pissed all over again. I remember talking with Andrew the day of the party, when they had just found out that Felt couldn't host them, and they were scrambling to find a new place. Felt awful for them.

Omg, I remember that. I felt so bad for them seeing them the staff scramble around for a venue. I personally think they should have just cancelled.
    CodyMFFC wrote: »
    curse without the open bar in seattle was pretty terrible. it may have been the venue mixed with my expectations but i was very let down. hopefully this can be decent even with only 2 free drinks. also i got into the royale for the ggw party and you werent missing much. place was dead and drink were insanely over priced

Curse's party in 2012 was awesome. I didn't go to the Prime one because of Notch's .party{} (may I add, freaking awesome!). GGW party was fun the other times, but like stated earlier, they just got shafted last year.
    xil wrote: »
    Curse didn't say it was any diff from last years restriction sooo what are ya waiting for!

Curse is 21+ this year.

I've said this before in other places, but don't expect many parties this year for PAX East. I heard someone mention a lot of people keep parties on the downlow which isn't really true. These companies love to be open, so don't bombard the booth workers with the questions >_< GDC is exactly after PAX East, so all marketing dollars are going to that unfortunately.

Victoryoftheppl on
    MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • GrimecraftGrimecraft 3DJ Cambridge MARegistered User regular
    18+ Pre-Pax Party in Harvard Square!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/486962321351221/

www.soundcloud.com/grimecraft
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I find it a little sad that nobody does a party on Sunday. I don't like to go out on the nights before a day at PAX because I don't want to be too tired/hung over. And then on the last day when I can finally get crazy and sleep in the next morning everybody else is on the way home or back to work.

Clix on
  • GrimecraftGrimecraft 3DJ Cambridge MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Alot of us game industry folk will be flying out to GDC Sunday

Grimecraft on
    www.soundcloud.com/grimecraft
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I find it a little sad that nobody does a party on Sunday. I don't like to go out on the nights before a day at PAX because I don't want to be too tired/hung over. And then on the last day when I can finally get crazy and sleep in the next morning everybody else is on the way home or back to work.

Pretty much this. Happens every year for about tens of thousands of us on Sunday... nothing to do with our heard earned cash we didn't get to spend during the con because panels / concerts took our attention from vendors.

:(

(hear that vendors? tens of thousands!)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    At PAX Prime, @Arco puts on the amazing Post PAX Party (otherwise known as PPP or P3) on sunday night right after pax for the forumer crowd (yeah that's us!). Live music (Protomen headlined the party in 2011), great venue, awesome people. Nobody has yet to get one of these off the ground for PAX East. One guy made a valiant effort to do so last year, but it was just too close to PAX when it got started so not enough tickets sold to make it viable. Maybe next year someone can take the reins and put together an awesome forumer P3 for PAX East. Don't lose hope!

• xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    Man, reading that FB thread makes me pissed all over again. I remember talking with Andrew the day of the party, when they had just found out that Felt couldn't host them, and they were scrambling to find a new place. Felt awful for them.

Omg, I remember that. I felt so bad for them seeing them the staff scramble around for a venue. I personally think they should have just cancelled.
    curse without the open bar in seattle was pretty terrible. it may have been the venue mixed with my expectations but i was very let down. hopefully this can be decent even with only 2 free drinks. also i got into the royale for the ggw party and you werent missing much. place was dead and drink were insanely over priced

Curse's party in 2012 was awesome. I didn't go to the Prime one because of Notch's .party{} (may I add, freaking awesome!). GGW party was fun the other times, but like stated earlier, they just got shafted last year.
    Curse didn't say it was any diff from last years restriction sooo what are ya waiting for!

Curse is 21+ this year.

I've said this before in other places, but don't expect many parties this year for PAX East. I heard someone mention a lot of people keep parties on the downlow which isn't really true. These companies love to be open, so don't bombard the booth workers with the questions >_< GDC is exactly after PAX East, so all marketing dollars are going to that unfortunately.

False, it says on the signup page:

"The party will feature premium bar, DJ, party favors, and a gaming area where you will be able to preview the highly anticipated MMO, Carbine's WildStar! You won't want to miss it!

Must be 18+ years old to enter the party and 21+ years old to consume alcohol"

Source

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    At PAX Prime, @Arco puts on the amazing Post PAX Party (otherwise known as PPP or P3) on sunday night right after pax for the forumer crowd (yeah that's us!). Live music (Protomen headlined the party in 2011), great venue, awesome people. Nobody has yet to get one of these off the ground for PAX East. One guy made a valiant effort to do so last year, but it was just too close to PAX when it got started so not enough tickets sold to make it viable. Maybe next year someone can take the reins and put together an awesome forumer P3 for PAX East. Don't lose hope!

Wow, that's awesome. I'd love to help out any way I could for this to happen next year. :)

Ln5yLL7.png

Curse is 21+ this year.

"The party will feature premium bar, DJ, party favors, and a gaming area where you will be able to preview the highly anticipated MMO, Carbine's WildStar! You won't want to miss it!

Source

Neat! Thanks for that. I had it "21+?" because that info wasn't available yet. Changed the OP. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    I believe that one of the reasons they don't do it at a bar and instead do it at the seaport is so it can be 18+

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
    Krissta wrote: »

Wow, that's awesome. I'd love to help out any way I could for this to happen next year. :)

Ditto. It doesn't even have to be a full-on party with drinks and music, any kind of gathering event would do.
    Maybe even just a post-PAX-decompression (PPD) board game night.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    I want to shake my tush and mingle with the ladies...granted they might not want to mingle with me :P

• CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    A post-PAX party sounds great, but I'm honestly so burnt out at the end that I don't think I'd go. After the final round of the Omegathon, I really just want to go home, re-hydrate, and babble incoherently about my experience to my wife. But it makes sense for those who don't live in Boston.

e2TtnRd.png
  • APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yay! Updated the OP and even added a BioShock cosplay contest from Irrational! http://irrationalgames.com/insider/bioshock-cosplay-contest-at-pax-east-2013/

Definitely going to try for this. My DeWitt outfit is just about done.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Curse is 21+ this year.

Source

Yessssssss! I'm very glad to hear that. I know which party I'm going to, then. :D Thank you!

Cabadrin wrote: »
    A post-PAX party sounds great, but I'm honestly so burnt out at the end that I don't think I'd go. After the final round of the Omegathon, I really just want to go home, re-hydrate, and babble incoherently about my experience to my wife. But it makes sense for those who don't live in Boston.

Yeah, for those that are "stuck" in Boston another night, it's an awesome idea. Come Sunday, I'm usually completely exhausted. :) hehe

Ln5yLL7.png
  • AlpineAnticAlpineAntic Registered User regular
    Hoping that World of Tanks decides a second birthday is worth celebrating too :) ..

Came across this on a quick search - seems it might be just for exhibitors or game devs, but what do I know?

PAX East 'Made in MA' Party 2013
    March 21, 2013, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
    Microsoft NERD Center, Cambridge, MA

http://paxparty2013-rss.eventbrite.com/#

That's for exhibitors and game developers only :(

Looking at it again, I think it's intended for that audience, but tickets are purchasable for $55.. they're just free if you have a coupon code from a member. So technically, you could go.

Tickets are purchasable for $55.00 or if you have a TLC membership, which can cost $1,000. It's honestly not really a party rather than a press conference for networking. I'd hardly compare it to a Curse or Rockband party, not worth the money unless you work in the gaming industry or go to school for gaming.
    RevGutter wrote: »
    The "Made in MA" event or something similar seems to get brought up every year. It's not really a party but more of an industry event to have some drinks and do a little networking.
    It's probably early to see anything. Looking back we did usually have a few things posted by now though. Surprised about harmonix though, they usually post about that pretty early. After what happened last year I wonder if Gamers Gone Wild will be returning.

I hope that Gamers Gone Wild does happen this year. I couldn't believe all the trouble they had with Felt. :(

Just found out that there is a promo code "paxma" that will cancel the fee. Therefore you could attend for free. I used it and it works. Just enter it at their eventbrite. Enjoy!

^^ that was for Made in MA

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I will more than likely be planning something for next PAXEast Sunday night if people want to get in touch.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • iltailta Registered User regular

Just found out that there is a promo code "paxma" that will cancel the fee. Therefore you could attend for free. I used it and it works. Just enter it at their eventbrite. Enjoy!

Used it too! Now I might just stop by there in addition to doing some Westin-based board gaming...

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

Curse is 21+ this year.

Source

They literally must have just changed that. I know before it was 18+, but it said 21+ before.
    RevGutter wrote: »
    The "Made in MA" event or something similar seems to get brought up every year. It's not really a party but more of an industry event to have some drinks and do a little networking.
    It's probably early to see anything. Looking back we did usually have a few things posted by now though. Surprised about harmonix though, they usually post about that pretty early. After what happened last year I wonder if Gamers Gone Wild will be returning.

I hope that Gamers Gone Wild does happen this year. I couldn't believe all the trouble they had with Felt. :(

I doubt GGW will make a comeback this year. Maybe next, but who knows. Ownership has shifted since Ross has left Digital Noob and a lot of the supporting staff who helped plan the parties, has left.
    MMMig wrote: »

Ditto. It doesn't even have to be a full-on party with drinks and music, any kind of gathering event would do.
    Maybe even just a post-PAX-decompression (PPD) board game night.

Ditto to the ditto! I'd be down to plan something :D

Victoryoftheppl on
    MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The Mos Eisley Girls are now co-sponsoring The Thread Podcast Thursday night Bar Crawl. For anyone who has registered, the bars are now listed. http://paxeastbarcrawl.eventbrite.com/

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    For anyone looking for some Post PAX East Sunday night fun, Protomen and MC Frontalot are playing a PAX East Afterparty in Cambridge, just over the river. http://www.rockonconcerts.com/event/232479-protomen-mc-frontalot-cambridge/

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    For anyone looking for some Post PAX East Sunday night fun, Protomen and MC Frontalot are playing a PAX East Afterparty in Cambridge, just over the river. http://www.rockonconcerts.com/event/232479-protomen-mc-frontalot-cambridge/

It's an awesome show, you should go!

e2TtnRd.png
    Oh god...

Two straight nights of rocking out will kill me.

Then again... What better way to die is there?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    MMMig wrote: »
    Oh god...

Two straight nights of rocking out will kill me.

Then again... What better way to die is there?

I'm going to see KMFDM on Wednesday before PAX. I like livin' life on the edge. lol

Ln5yLL7.png
    ACDC salutes you.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    Is that all there is on Sunday? I am in dire need of something to do to wait for my Monday morning flight, but concerts aren't really my thing.

edited March 2013
    Last year there was a Barcraft set up for Sunday but I can't remember any details, really.

If I find out anything I'll post it.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh hell yeah! Thanks, something like this is exactly what I was looking for.

• PRationalityPRationality CinderAley NJRegistered User regular
    I caved and got a ticket to Sanshee and Curse--not sure if I'll make it to either, but as a friend pointed out better to have the option then not!

That Sunday show looks super sweet. MC Front and Protomen <3

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Yeah my friends and I are def. hitting up the concert on Sunday

we'll be so ungodly tired but zombie-mode is perfect for that crowd too

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited March 2013
    OOPS you already posted the Dirty Nerdy Revue! I'm so excite!

Victoryoftheppl on
    MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I
    I know this is probably a super stupid question, but does anyone know if theres any non-age restricted goings on/parties happening during/after/before pax? Sorta sucks because I dont turn 21 till may [insert a bunch of expletives here]

Same here. It's the worst 1st-world problem when we're getting to go to such a fun event; to be just a FEW months shy of missing out on a lot fun things and parties happening. :| I'd love to hear about the all-ages parties happening! At Prime in August, I ended up just heading out early with friends instead of checking out the all-ages events, and now I regret that. As long as it's really fun, it doesn't need to have alcohol, right. ;)

(That said, I'm sure there are some. I heard about some all-aged parties at Prime - of course after they happened. I'm sure there are a lot of them here, too. The only problem for the party-throwers are their venue's policies or open-bar setup.)

It's not strictly a party, but the Pre PAX Game nights are all ages and a ton of fun.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    I
    I know this is probably a super stupid question, but does anyone know if theres any non-age restricted goings on/parties happening during/after/before pax? Sorta sucks because I dont turn 21 till may [insert a bunch of expletives here]

Same here. It's the worst 1st-world problem when we're getting to go to such a fun event; to be just a FEW months shy of missing out on a lot fun things and parties happening. :| I'd love to hear about the all-ages parties happening! At Prime in August, I ended up just heading out early with friends instead of checking out the all-ages events, and now I regret that. As long as it's really fun, it doesn't need to have alcohol, right. ;)

(That said, I'm sure there are some. I heard about some all-aged parties at Prime - of course after they happened. I'm sure there are a lot of them here, too. The only problem for the party-throwers are their venue's policies or open-bar setup.)

It's not strictly a party, but the Pre PAX Game nights are all ages and a ton of fun.

As someone who attended while being a few months shy of 21 (And even being legal in my own country) I can attest to this.

• GlaciusGlacius Registered User new member
    So I'm still looking for a partner in crime =) who wants to run the night with me!? =D

• FR MATTUUFR MATTUU Registered User new member
    Is Gamers Gone Wild going on this year???

• TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    Glacius wrote: »
    So I'm still looking for a partner in crime =) who wants to run the night with me!? =D
    im down

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
    Bethesda after party!!!
    Saturday, March 23rd at the Castle Meeting Space in downtown Boston.
    6:00 – 11:00 pm,

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/18/pax-east-special-gathering-for-all-citizens-of-tamriel/

This discussion has been closed.