As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] Will I ever update the community list?

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Based on nothing buy memory, Lego games probably average an 8/10. My personal score would be 8/10 for most of them as well.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    So Edge tends to score them lower I guess?

I mean, I'm gonna wait for a few more of these obviously, but just checking.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter being imminent I finally decided it was time to order me up one of these fancy Wii U thingamabobs.

Excited!

Sweet! We'll have to do some Monster Huntin!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    So Edge tends to score them lower I guess?

I mean, I'm gonna wait for a few more of these obviously, but just checking.

Quick check of MetaCritic proves my memory isn't shot yet. The home console versions hover just above or just under 80.

Lego games are always solid fun. They are the very modern definition of 8/10. And they always have legs. Sweet money making legs.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Alright. Stay classy, everyone, and don't get discouraged. At the end of the day, it's all about having fun. And already I've had more fun than I have had with my 360 (which I bought for exclusives as I'm a PC gamer, and I've since learned that there are a lot fewer exclusives that I want to play than I realized...)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Hey, I'm never discouraged as long as 101 is on the horizon. They're packing some heat, and I can't wait for the rest of the year.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Alright. Stay classy, everyone, and don't get discouraged. At the end of the day, it's all about having fun. And already I've had more fun than I have had with my 360 (which I bought for exclusives as I'm a PC gamer, and I've since learned that there are a lot fewer exclusives that I want to play than I realized...)

You got a 360 for exclusives? That sounds backward somehow. Sony and Nintendo have more exclusives, at least in my gaming puddle.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

You got a 360 for exclusives? That sounds backward somehow. Sony and Nintendo have more exclusives, at least in my gaming puddle.

I really, REALLY wanted Halo: Reach and Bayonetta, I have hated the Dual Shock since 1997, and I had already bought War For Cybertron on the 360 quite a few months prior to get the Shockwave code that I haven't redeemed to this day.

I'm not the smartest person with my money. :) Still, I've owned every iteration of Nintendo's products except a DSi and a Virtual Boy, so there's that. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I hate missing exclusives so much, I bought all three systems. I regret nothing.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I hate missing exclusives so much, I bought all three systems. I regret nothing.

I always end up with every console. Though I'm not sure if that's going to continue or not...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I own everything from the sixth generation in handhelds and consoles outside of the PS3.

And I regret the XBox 360 and PSP purchases, for the record.

Not that I don't enjoy them or anything, because I love 'em, but I simply don't have the free time or disposable income to enjoy them properly.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Gentlemen, It's been an privilege playing with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    It's the end of the thread as we know it, and I feel fine.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    8U4x7mK.png

Well that's all the convincing I need.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    8U4x7mK.png

Well that's all the convincing I need.

I hope I can beat up some Lego hookers.

lego-hooker-1x5z.gif

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Great. Now I have to buy two.
    Games. :winky:

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
      That sums it up pretty well, except this time, you're on the side of the law. It's not perfect, but I'm enjoying it.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    • Options
      Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
      Sold. I'll have to check it out.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
      Steam: TimIsOnSteam
      Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
      Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
      PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    • Options
      UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
      I'll wait for reviews still

If they've truly changed it up enough to make it different from past open-world Lego games it might be worth a shot

"Lego GTA where you're a good guy" was basically Lego Batman 2 though, so I don't know if Gabe just missed that one or not

• Options
      I'm desperately trying to save money so I can take advantage of the B2G1 deal at Target.

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
      Geth, recycle the thread at page 100

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
      Affirmative Rorus Raz. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
      @Rorus Raz, are we being allowed to keep this thread?

That would be wonderful. 8->

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      I wouldn't count on it :P Unless recycle means something different from what I'm thinking.

• Options
      Geth's idea of recycling to destroy everything in this thread and leave no witnesses.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
      Gentlemen, we can rebuild it, we have Geth technology.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    • Options
      StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
      Recycling just auto locks the thread and PMs two people at semi-random to go make a new thread.

While the plan was to end this after the holiday season, the absolute lack of Wii U game threads is mirroring the 3DS situation in which it couldn't sustain threads (fyi, this is improving with games like Etrian 4 and Fire Emblem DUN DUN DUNNNNN) so killing this thread essential kills all Wii U talk.

Even if we were going to kill the thread, we always give fairly ample warning ahead of time that this it and enjoy it while it lasts.

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      I <3 you

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      You rock Rorus.

In other news I'll be creating a Lego City thread this week. Hopefully it'll last a bit.

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      edited March 2013
      WE ARE REBORN!

And I'm looking forward to the Lego thread.

edzepp on
    • Options
      Rorus Raz wrote: »
      Recycling just auto locks the thread and PMs two people at semi-random to go make a new thread.

While the plan was to end this after the holiday season, the absolute lack of Wii U game threads is mirroring the 3DS situation in which it couldn't sustain threads (fyi, this is improving with games like Etrian 4 and Fire Emblem DUN DUN DUNNNNN) so killing this thread essential kills all Wii U talk.

Even if we were going to kill the thread, we always give fairly ample warning ahead of time that this it and enjoy it while it lasts.

I could hug you right now. :)

• Options
      edited March 2013
      So, would this be the upside of the Wii U performing poorly? :P

edzepp on
    • Options
      Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
      Oh hey... does this mean the community list will start getting updated again?

Steam | Twitch
      Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    • Options
      Big Dookie wrote: »
      Oh hey... does this mean the community list will start getting updated again?

He never did answer the title of the thread.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
      Any chance the Lego game will have a demo?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
      Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
      Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
      Can't say. No one has announced anything related to that.

• Options
      H*RH*R Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      http://shop.lego.com/en-US/High-Speed-Chase-60007

lego-city-police-60007-high-speed-chase-add-500x500.jpg
      Includes 3 minifigures: Chase McCain™, burglar and an Elite Police motorcycle officer with handcuffs
      Features Elite Police vehicle, Elite Police motorcycle and a sports car
      Also includes spike strip, police barrier, traffic cone, gold bar and money bills
      Includes dark blue LEGO® City Elite Police elements
      Use the unique code included with the set to unlock special missions and vehicles in the LEGO® City Undercover video game!
      Deploy the spike strip!
      Slap the cuffs on the burglar!
      Elite Police vehicle measures over 2" (7cm) high, 5" (13cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide
      Elite Police motorcycle measures over 1" (4cm) high, 2" (6cm) long and 1" (4cm) wide
      Burglar sports car measures over 1" (4cm) high, 4" (12cm) long and 1" (5cm) wide

Got the game on Friday, and I'm not complaining at all, but I do wish that I had one of these sets to try out the code thing with.

My big question is whether all LEGO City toys work with the game (I heard that the license plate numbers were the codes), or only the Chase McCain ones-- of which I've only seen that one, and maybe one other.

The High Speed Chase is the only Chase McCain set right now. They did a minifig for some preorders but that's it. My hope is that they'll expand the LCU tie-in sets as the CITY line is LEGO's highest selling theme.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
      3DS: 4184-2362-9697
      PSN: Skywarrd
    • Options
      Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
      Sweet I was going to miss this WiiU thread :P

So not a Wii U game but I beat Last Story this weekend and I really enjoyed the game. It is short though for an RPG game. But still, the music is fantastic (the main theme is beautiful!), I liked the gritty medieval setting with your characters having English accents and the combat was very good and exciting. Its weird playing a JRPG game that didn't involve grinding or needless amount of battling. I only had to grind once and that was right before the last boss battle who was giving me a bit of trouble, but I only had to grind for 5 or so minutes. I heartily recommend it to anyone who is in a dearth of games.

Right now I am debating if I will be grabbing the new Need for Speed game. I never actually played any of the need for speed games in the past, not much of a racing person. I just started Zelda Skyward Sword so I might just focus on that till Monster Hunter comes out. I was mainly intending on grabbing Need for Speed more so because I wanted to support a good port job then actually wanting the game itself. I might grab it eventually though, the game looks great anyways.

NNID: Sabuiy
      3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    • Options
      MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
      Hm I was definitely planning on getting NFS especially since my wife said she'd probably play it after seeing demonstration videos. Also preordered LEGO City Undercover. But yeah, if you're anything like me you'll end up inadvertently marathoning Skyward Sword, so you've got plenty of time for both!

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

This discussion has been closed.