As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NCAA Basketball: Selection Sunday

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Most of the real talent in the conference is juniors or lower. A lot of them could go pro, but theoretically for example Michigan could have their whole team back + three top 100 guys, including one who a basketball coach in Indiana called the second best high school player he's ever seen to Eric Gordon.

I mean, Burke's leaving, but could easily have everyone else back.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    It also depends on which Deshaun Thomas shows up. The elite scorer, or the elite scorer who can be bothered to play defense.

Hasn't the latter shown up like once in his career? Granted it was recently.

• OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    It also depends on which Deshaun Thomas shows up. The elite scorer, or the elite scorer who can be bothered to play defense.

Hasn't the latter shown up like once in his career? Granted it was recently.

The latter has shown up quite a bit THIS season. I'm not asking him to play fantastic defense (which is probably the one case you're thinking of), I (and more importantly and accurately, the team) only ask that he not simply stand around waiting to shoot. Like, appear as though he's playing defense.

camo_sig2.png
    Ah, OK, yeah. About what we ask out of Tim Hardaway then.

• VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    GO MICHIGAN

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
    That Hardaway block was huge. Also Trey getting settled.

That last four minutes was the best this team has played defense all year.

They're on fire, sir.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Burke's been bad, the crowd stupidly let a timeout take them out of the game, Zeller can't be breathed on without drawing a foul, and yet we're up 3. Defense was really good until Morgan and McGary had to go out with the two fouls and so we got the group of reserve bigs who are not athletic enough to deal with him.

• JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    So not only are the officials alternating between ticky tack fouls and assault II fouls, but now the refs are getting in the way. :|

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So close to a third OT game against Wisconsin :(

Jibba wrote: »
    So not only are the officials alternating between ticky tack fouls and assault II fouls, but now the refs are getting in the way. :|

Depends if Zeller is the victim.

Oladipo is great. Zeller is not.

MCGARY LEARN TO DUNK THE BALL

Concerned we're in Trey Burke forgets he has teammates mode.

edited March 2013
    We are, but where has THJ been before this?

EDIT: OK, NM

Jibba on
    edited March 2013
    Fuck the refs. That's 100% an intentional foul, with a push from the left hand.

Absolutely ridiculous that they'll say "we didn't want to affect the game." It's your goddamn job to affect the game.

Jibba on
    AHAHAHAHAHA

wow

CoH_infantry.jpg
    ARRRRRRRRRRRGH make free throws.

Jibba wrote: »
    Fuck the refs. That's 100% an intentional foul, with a push from the left hand.

Absolutely ridiculous that they'll say "we didn't want to affect the game." It's your goddamn job to affect the game.

While I agree, just make free throws down the stretch and you win. Missed two front ends, killer.

BFB1YfsCcAABIt4.jpg

Alternately, fall the other way, ball. An inch to the right (from this angle) and Michigan wins.

This team is infuriating. Most of them can't rebound, and don't even try to rebound, and the two who do can't even dunk the ball. Tim Hardway Jr. disappears in the biggest game of his career and Burke, even when he's getting in the lane, can't make layups.

The only person on this team I feel like cheering for right now is Spike.

BFB1YfsCcAABIt4.jpg

Alternately, fall the other way, ball. An inch to the right (from this angle) and Michigan wins.

Or, you know, someone else could try for a tip in. The worst part of that picture is the standing around.

Hardaway was great in that game. Mostly defensively. The issue was interior defense after Morgan and free throws.

edited March 2013
    It was interior rebounding, not as much defense. Letting Zeller get his would've been fine since Oladipo and Sheehey weren't shooting very well, but that absurdly terrible rebounding.

Good god. 47-26!

Jibba on
    Silver linings:

1) No Big Ten title for MSU/OSU!
    2) We get to get revenge on PSU?
    3) Should be the ones to eliminate fucking Wisconsin
    4) Everyone gets to see those two teams play again on Saturday, hopefully.

Silver lining is if the Pistons get to draft Oladipo.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Silver linings:

Nah, we're gonna run the table.

Jragghen wrote: »
    Silver linings:

Nah, we're gonna run the table.

You already blew your 0-15 season. Not without trying to do it, mind you.

CoH_infantry.jpg
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Because it's the time of year where we can never have enough brackets: Most Hated Player of the Last 30 years. Your 4 regions: 80s, 90s, 00s and... Duke. Because if Duke wasn't confined to its own region, this bracket would get ugly.

• OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Christian Laettner, Eric Montross, Derrick Coleman, and Joakim Noah are my personal Final Four.

Without bracket restrictions it'd be Laettner, Ferry, Riddick, and Noah.

camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2013
    Laettner, Miller, Montross, and Craft are mine (though Craft I'll admit is mostly a respect hate and officials catering hate, which isn't really his fault).

enlightenedbum on
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    JMU! JMU! JMU!

First time in since '94. THAT year, it was a 3-point buzzer beater to get in. At least this time around, it wasn't in doubt.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited March 2013
    Needs Teddy Dupay on that list.

Motherfucker destroyed Cleaves' ankle, bet on college basketball and beat and raped a woman.

Obviously worst to least goes in reverse order. D:

Jibba on
    Laettner, Miller, Montross, and Craft are mine (though Craft I'll admit is mostly a respect hate and officials catering hate, which isn't really his fault).

Yeah I was confused why Craft was on there.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    VeritasVR wrote: »

All white kids who are good at defense but can't really score will be hated. Somebody at ESPN wrote a thing about it recently that was good, focusing on Craft and Paulus. Bonus points if the media never shuts about them.

It's basically why there's a Duke region.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

All white kids who are good at defense but can't really score will be hated. Somebody at ESPN wrote a thing about it recently that was good, focusing on Craft and Paulus. Bonus points if the media never shuts about them.

'Media never shuts up about them' doesn't quite cover the magnitude of Vitale.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

'Media never shuts up about them' doesn't quite cover the magnitude of Vitale.

Vitale singlehandedly accounts for 6% of the United States greenhouse gas emissions during basketball season.

So not only is the Big Ten Tournament awesome because the conference is great, Gus Johnson's got the call.

So not only is the Big Ten Tournament awesome because the conference is great, Gus Johnson's got the call.

It's great because Minnesota remembered how to play and may actually beat Illinois. Because fuck Illinois, they aren't allowed to have nice things.

I lied. Minnesota is worse at having nice things. Stepping out of bounds wit 8 seconds left and the score tied. Yeesh.

This discussion has been closed.