As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Registration: Badges have started to arrive!

• ToddEvfToddEvf Insanity Chamber Studio, SCRegistered User regular
    mine arrived today, it was a nice surprise when I got back from work. Now to wait the agonizing eleven days before I fly out.

fss_overall.png
  • shepdshepd Registered User regular
    That was faster than I expected, fastest I've *ever* had FedEx get to my door yet. Just got the 3 day badges. Now to wait for BYOC badges...

• Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Just FYI to those who were wondering about order total and having to go to will call; I ordered a total of 9 badges (3 sets of 3 individual days) and they arrived in the mail no problem.

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Bobcat Collect! Cue the onset of irrational fear that I'll lose/forget them somehow and ruin everything forever...

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • JDetanJDetan Registered User regular
    Just FYI to those who were wondering about order total and having to go to will call; I ordered a total of 9 badges (3 sets of 3 individual days) and they arrived in the mail no problem.

That's a relief. I've ordered 9 myself (6 one days on one day, and an additional 3 the next once my roommate said he could go) and I've been sweating bullets thinking they cancelled the order and didn't say. Still hoping they show up today.

• wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    wrccitroen wrote: »
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Got my bobcat yesterday!!!! I didn't know that they were delivered in blocks of ice. Guess that's typical for a Bostonian :)

Yo, what's the deal with the whole bobcat thing? I missed the boat on that one...

due to last year's ban on badge picture posting, it was speculated that the new security features were actually just live bobcats, as seen here.

the inspiration for this hilarity originated here.

Thanks Tvethiopia for explaining that! :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    If they were in separate orders, they will likely arrive separately, just FYI.

• SashanSashan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    OK - I and my friend (Baka Al) who I am going to PAX with (my first time, certainly not his) received our 3 day passes... well, he did as he ordered them.

Slight issue, we ordered and paid for 2x 3day passes.... we got sent 3x 3day passes. Whilst a visit from the "free PAX fairy" is appreciated, got to remember Wheaton's Law and we are concerned that someone might be losing out as a result.

Any suggestions as to the best course of action?

Sashan on
    Sashan wrote: »
    OK - I and my friend (Baka Al) who I am going to PAX with (my first time, certainly not his) received our 3 day passes... well, he did as he ordered them.

Slight issue, we ordered and paid for 2x 3day passes.... we got sent 3x 3day passes. Whilst a visit from the "free PAX fairy" is appreciated, got to remember Wheaton's Law and we are concerned that someone might be losing out as a result.

email pax_questions@paxsite.com and registration@paxsite.com to let them know of the error.

• SashanSashan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »

email pax_questions@paxsite.com and registration@paxsite.com to let them know of the error.

Thank you.

That was what we were going to do - but thought ask here in case anyone had come across this happening previously and had some sage advice :)

Sashan on
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Thanks Zerzhul, emailed both about the error.
    Hopefully we can get this sorted out.

• RegimentRegiment Registered User regular
    Bobcat Collect! Cue the onset of irrational fear that I'll lose/forget them somehow and ruin everything forever...

Augh! Now I'm irrationally worried too! They're right there... on the floor... not going anywhere...

I never lose, I just win sideways.
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Sashan wrote: »

You guys are good people.

Lazorz on
  • TheinsomniacTheinsomniac Registered User new member
    So it's less than two weeks before Pax East and my mailbox is still devoid of a Pax East badge, should I be worried that the badge hasn't arrived yet? And if I should, then what do I do about it?
    I live in Boston so I would assume that the invitation would arrive by now...

edited March 2013
    So it's less than two weeks before Pax East and my mailbox is still devoid of a Pax East badge, should I be worried that the badge hasn't arrived yet? And if I should, then what do I do about it?
    I live in Boston so I would assume that the invitation would arrive by now...

No.

zerzhul on
  • JDetanJDetan Registered User regular
    And after getting all worried about it, my bobcats arrived today!

http://tinyurl.com/paxbadge

Seriously though: http://i.imgur.com/CukObPf.jpg

• ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    Not entirely sure this is the right place, but...

Replay'd, one of the local Boston vendors who attends PAX East, is giving away a couple 3-day passes on their Facebook page apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/Replayd/posts/539359779442785

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    My friends and I are ready to go!

578072_522759281188_1559053692_n.jpg

I picked up the badges for the majority of the group, but there's 7 of us total going with 4 of them being PAX rookies, it should be a blast!

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    awww I hope my badges are as adorable as everyone else's :P

Can't wait

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    ravnos13 wrote: »

Replay'd, one of the local Boston vendors who attends PAX East, is giving away a couple 3-day passes on their Facebook page apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/Replayd/posts/539359779442785

Wonder how this will turn out since its an exhibitor badge and not a regular one...

• xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    My friends and I are ready to go!

578072_522759281188_1559053692_n.jpg

I picked up the badges for the majority of the group, but there's 7 of us total going with 4 of them being PAX rookies, it should be a blast!

Nice size group! Last year I went with 2 others this year we are more organized and have 9. So not only will the hotel rooms be full of swag but both the convention itself and Fire and Ice on Thursday should be a blast! so pumped for my favorite weekend.

As far as tickets I'm so excited that I have them here, and the letter was funny as always!

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Got all four of my 3-days today. Woopwoop!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    tumblr_mjj7sbRTja1qfp5bno1_500.jpg
    Bobcats acquired!
    My crew is good to go!

TopherRocks on
  • DagnomeDagnome New HampshireRegistered User new member
    edited March 2013
    Now I bought my 3 day pass last minute (AKA last week) from stubhub (Probably paid an obscene amount of money). Considering I have never been to a Pax before is there anyway to verify that I have the only bar code associated with the pass? I was shipped two pieces of paper (One with the general information and one with the registration code) and a pass. I would hate to get there and "Access Denied". I did read around and someone said that as long as you have the badge it doesn't matter and you don't need the registration code.

Dagnome on
    Dagnome wrote: »
    Now I bought my 3 day pass last minute (AKA last week) from stubhub (Probably paid an obscene amount of money). Considering I have never been to a Pax before is there anyway to verify that I have the only bar code associated with the pass? I was shipped two pieces of paper (One with the general information and one with the registration code) and a pass. I would hate to get there and "Access Denied". I did read around and someone said that as long as you have the badge it doesn't matter and you don't need the registration code.

As long as it is a real badge, the registration code doesn't matter. You can have the badge verified by Enforcers at the info booth.

ravnos13 wrote: »

Wonder how this will turn out since its an exhibitor badge and not a regular one...

I'm pretty sure it will not turn out well.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

If you bought it last week, won't the name on the paper still be the original purchaser? Pretty sure the name on the paper and the name on the ID need to match for you to pick up your pass at registration, don't they?

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »

If you bought it last week, won't the name on the paper still be the original purchaser? Pretty sure the name on the paper and the name on the ID need to match for you to pick up your pass at registration, don't they?

Yes, that's true, but his post made it sound like he had the pass in hand.

• AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Ugh, still no badges. Anxiety rising...

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    I got mine a couple weeks ago, then this guy showed up at my apartment. I believe there has been a mix up somewhere

bobcat.jpg

• radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    Can someone post a legible pic or transcription of the letter?

PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Here's a question about having Fri-Sat-Sun passes: if I keep all 3 on the same lanyard, should I move the appropriate day to the front, or would it matter?

• bschorybschory Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    Here's a question about having Fri-Sat-Sun passes: if I keep all 3 on the same lanyard, should I move the appropriate day to the front, or would it matter?

Yes. Move the appropriate day to the front. They will stop you on your way in to things like the Expo Hall and ask you to show the right day if you do not, which I imagine would get quite annoying after a few times.

bschory on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

Yes, that's true, but his post made it sound like he had the pass in hand.

Oh jesus I'm an idiot. Totally missed "and a pass." after the parenthesis. At least someone's paying attention.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    radjago wrote: »
    Can someone post a legible pic or transcription of the letter?
    Here:
    So, what's going on, attendees of the REAL PAX?!

Eventually I'll be made to suffer in a gruesome way for these comments for stoking the terrible flames of an East Coast/West Coast Rivalry, but until that day I,ll continue to play my dangerous game. There's something else I wanted to talk about, too, Oh, Right!

Thank you for registering for this year's PAX East and not just registering, but specifically for registering pre, as it helps basically everything about the show. Plus, it's apparently the only way you can attend it while the show still exists in a physical venue on the Prime Material Plane. We're working on a variety of plans to this out, including but not limited to:

-Show Micronization
    -"Parrallel Membreane Scenarios"
    -Sub-Oribital Coherent PAX-Beam
    -Aerosol Conventions You Can "Breate"

These are Exciting times, as you can see - and it's your attendance that funds these dark explorations far below the Earth's husk.

See you at the show!

(CW)TB

:)

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • ifra88ifra88 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Finally got my Saturday pass today. FedEx shipped mine to someone else's house -_- I was freaking out for a whole day!!! How could they leave a package on someone's door step!? With no signature required!!!! How fails is that.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    ifra88 wrote: »
    Finally got my Saturday pass today. FedEx shipped mine to someone else's house -_- I was freaking out for a whole day!!! How could they leave a package on someone's door step!? With no signature required!!!! How fails is that.

Have you never ordered anything online before?

• elleecstaticelleecstatic Registered User regular
    this is probably a stupid question, but I bought 2 3 day passes off of StubHub (180 for both passes, which isnt that bad) and i got them pretty early on. How can I verify they're both legit? Can I do it at the show or something? Although, im like 99.9% sure they're fine, but that 1% is totally nagging me.

This is why con tickets on stubhub is SUCH a no-no for me..ugh never again -.-'

edited March 2013
    this is probably a stupid question, but I bought 2 3 day passes off of StubHub (180 for both passes, which isnt that bad) and i got them pretty early on. How can I verify they're both legit? Can I do it at the show or something? Although, im like 99.9% sure they're fine, but that 1% is totally nagging me.

This is why con tickets on stubhub is SUCH a no-no for me..ugh never again -.-'

Go to the info booth at the front of the BCEC at PAX, the enforcers there will verify your badges.

Also what do you mean by pretty early on? Like early last week?

zerzhul on
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    I think my Bobcat arrived at home. My old man joked that he was hoping it was a present for he and my mom.

Always remember: if you move, update your address before word is out that badges are shipping.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off