As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars Legacy

• Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    It's just a shame that the Darth Krayt design looks like so many Conan the Barbarian extras. It would have been nice to see something as interesting/iconic as Maul or Vader attempted instead.

Ah, well. It's got Ostrander scripting and that's good enough for me.

Red or Alive on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I need to get my scanner and start making some of these for Legacy.

LOTF-Wedge.jpg

Bloods End on
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    daaaaaaaamn. Im with lowbacca

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2006
    Kuma wrote:

lowbacca3am.jpg?

Bloods End on
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Kuma wrote:

lowbacca3am.jpg?

hell yeah, thanks

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2006
    /changes own sig.

Hmm. Should I put the Legacy symbol somwhere there or would it look too busy then?

Bloods End on
    edited June 2006
    nah, thatd be too much

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • ihdihd Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Bloods End wrote:

Would someone who has not ever read an EU book like this series?

Reading the EU, especially the NJO and Legacy series would be a big help to understanding how everything got this way, but still it's far enough from familer territory to be new reader friendly. And it has a lot of Jedi and a lot of Sith going at it.

[spoiler:e4c66d7bf2] Yeah, right now I am going to have to think that Darth Krayyt is Jacen. I wonder what this means for the end of Legacy? How is Luke going to justify not killing him?[/spoiler:e4c66d7bf2]
    [spoiler:e4c66d7bf2]the obvious answer is that Jacen kills Luke first. But we will see.[/spoiler:e4c66d7bf2]

[spoiler:e4c66d7bf2]Maybe... maybe Krayt is Jacen AND Luke? :shock:

I wouldn't put DBZ-style fusion past the writers these days. :wink:[/spoiler:e4c66d7bf2]

ihd on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Bloods End wrote:

Would someone who has not ever read an EU book like this series?

Reading the EU, especially the NJO and Legacy series would be a big help to understanding how everything got this way, but still it's far enough from familer territory to be new reader friendly. And it has a lot of Jedi and a lot of Sith going at it.

[spoiler:b08182788a] Yeah, right now I am going to have to think that Darth Krayyt is Jacen. I wonder what this means for the end of Legacy? How is Luke going to justify not killing him?[/spoiler:b08182788a]
    [spoiler:b08182788a]the obvious answer is that Jacen kills Luke first. But we will see.[/spoiler:b08182788a]
    [spoiler:b08182788a]I doubt that Jacen is Krayt. Personally, I'm putting my money on Ben Skywalker.[/spoiler:b08182788a]

see317 on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Wait wait, I thought this series was more of a "what if" type stuff? So wouldn't anything that happens in this series have little effect on what is/will happen in legacy of the force?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Heir03 wrote:
    Wait wait, I thought this series was more of a "what if" type stuff? So wouldn't anything that happens in this series have little effect on what is/will happen in legacy of the force?
    no, it's in continuity, apparently. of course, any devoted EU geek will go on about how it's C-canon, and that unless it's G-canon, it never really happened anyway.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited July 2006
    But don't the writers specifically say that they don't want to step on del ray's shoes with this series?

I'm so confused! :)

Btw, finally ordered Betrayal, and the swarm war books. I haven't read anything EU since "The Unifying Force."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I loved "Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader." I just loved how everyone, both good and evil, were having to come to grips with the New Order in their own ways.

Has anyone read the Last of the Jedi series? Any good?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited July 2006
    Heir03 wrote:
    But don't the writers specifically say that they don't want to step on del ray's shoes with this series?

Btw, finally ordered Betrayal, and the swarm war books. I haven't read anything EU since "The Unifying Force."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I loved "Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader." I just loved how everyone, both good and evil, were having to come to grips with the New Order in their own ways.

I think they are going out of way to not mention any of the fates of the characters of the OT.

Swarm War was kinda eh. Nothing really happened in it other then
    [spoiler:93a3ea20b6] Jacen and Tenal Ka's baby and Jacen doing darkside stuff.[/spoiler:93a3ea20b6]

Bloods End on
    edited July 2006
    Heir03 wrote:

it takes place far enough in the future that what they don't isn't going to effect current continuity, and i'm pretty certain that the del rey novels are never going to catch up with them.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited July 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Heir03 wrote:

I think they are going out of way to not mention any of the fates of the characters of the OT.

[spoiler:4b9bc37e3d] Jacen and Tenal Ka's baby and Jacen doing darkside stuff.[/spoiler:4b9bc37e3d]
    and it also reshipped Jaina with Zekk, a ship that already sailed long ago. I liked her with Jag.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited July 2006
    [spoiler:8b0122afb4] Wait wait, what!? Jacen and Tenel Ka finally do the deed? At the end of the NJO series they weren't even really talking because she was the new Queen mother of her world. What the hell happened?

Someone mentioned Jaina and Zek, are they talking about Del Rey or the Legacy series? I thought she was will that Fel dude. [/spoiler:8b0122afb4]

Geez I need to get caught up. I think I'll wait until the second "Legacy of the Force" book comes out in August and I'll just order everything I've missed. Hooray for free shipping.

Also, has someone read the "last of the jedi" series? I saw book 4 on Amazon, called "naboo." I couldn't really find much about the series though.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Try Wikipedia, or a star wars wiki. I am sure one exists.

DouglasDanger on
    edited July 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Heir03 wrote:

[spoiler:fd753918c0] Jacen and Tenal Ka's baby and Jacen doing darkside stuff.[/spoiler:fd753918c0]
    and it also reshipped Jaina with Zekk, a ship that already sailed long ago. I liked her with Jag.

Me too, if only for the fact that their children would be able to blow other starfighters out of the sky before they crawl.

Bloods End on
    edited July 2006
    Try Wikipedia, or a star wars wiki. I am sure one exists.

indeed, Wookiepedia

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited July 2006
    Heir03 wrote:
    [spoiler:5969b304e3] Wait wait, what!? Jacen and Tenel Ka finally do the deed? At the end of the NJO series they weren't even really talking because she was the new Queen mother of her world. What the hell happened?

Someone mentioned Jaina and Zek, are they talking about Del Rey or the Legacy series? I thought she was will that Fel dude. [/spoiler:5969b304e3]

Geez I need to get caught up. I think I'll wait until the second "Legacy of the Force" book comes out in August and I'll just order everything I've missed. Hooray for free shipping.

Also, has someone read the "last of the jedi" series? I saw book 4 on Amazon, called "naboo." I couldn't really find much about the series though.
    [spoiler:5969b304e3]Yes, there's hawt Jedi on Jedi action in Swarm War, resulting in Jacen and Tenel Ka having a daughter later in the series.

At the end of The Unifying Force, Jaina and Jag appear to take a break, and in that time, she becomes closer with Zekk, mostly due to the hive mind they partake in during the Swarm War. They have a telepathic rapport now. It's annoying.[/spoiler:5969b304e3]

Last of the Jedi, like the Boba Fett books released between Clones and Sith, is a young readers series. I've never read any of them (except Young Jedi Knights) but they're all decent. Nothing too fabulous.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited July 2006
    Since we don't have a general SW comics discussion thread this gets posted here
    http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76454

Guess we get a Purge series to take the place of Republic. But no Ostrander makes me sad.

Begs the question though; would you rather have him and Duursema working on a follow up to Republic or do what they're doing a work on a completly different era with all new stuff?

Bloods End on
    edited July 2006
    Republic didnt really do much for me so id have to go with them working on new stuff.

Dont forget, Legacy #2 comes out this week

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited July 2006
    Legacy #2.

Cade is a cold mother fucker.

And Darth Talon makes my pants tight.

Bloods End on
    edited July 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Legacy #2.

indeed she is smie inducing.

I think Cade is cold to an extent, he certainly didnt want the Bothan Jedi to be caught

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited July 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Legacy #2.

I think Cade is cold to an extent, he certainly didnt want the Bothan Jedi to be caught

It seemed like he didn't especially want him killed but I'm still unsure if thats simply because the bounty would be larger for alive or out of kindness.

[spoiler:d34b56fec2] It seems like we're leading up to a Fel-Empire and Jedi Alliance, since they are both being hunted by the Empire. That should lead to some very satisfying smackdowns.[/spoiler:d34b56fec2]

Bloods End on
    edited July 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Kuma wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Legacy #2.

It seemed like he didn't especially want him killed but I'm still unsure if thats simply because the bounty would be larger for alive or out of kindness.

[spoiler:41a4d48987] It seems like we're leading up to a Fel-Empire and Jedi Alliance, since they are both being hunted by the Empire. That should lead to some very satisfying smackdowns.[/spoiler:41a4d48987]

that should be very interesting considering the inclussion of the

[spoiler:41a4d48987]grey jedi[/spoiler:41a4d48987]

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • BruanBruan Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I bought issue #1 before I could find #0.
    For weeks I thought Shado was a girl.

Any chance of these coming out in trades?
    what happens in #2? Any Imperial Knight lovin'?

Bruan on
    Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
    edited July 2006
    Bruan wrote:
    I bought issue #1 before I could find #0.
    For weeks I thought Shado was a girl.

Any chance of these coming out in trades?
    what happens in #2? Any Imperial Knight lovin'?

Not really.
    [spoiler:2e6691d1ba] Darth Talon lays the smack on one of Fels guards. Most of the issue was centered on Cade and his bounty hunting.[/spoiler:2e6691d1ba]

Bloods End on
  • BruanBruan Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shame. That page in #0 about the imperial knights seemed super cool. I wonder how being a gray jedi affects their force use.

edit: okay, what do i have to read to get a better grasp on this?
    New Jedi Order?

So, I couldn't think of a better place to put this:
    20051107_luke_bg.jpg

Bruan on
    Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
    edited September 2006
    Looks like someone is getting a little help to find his way.

http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swLegacy7.jpg

Linked for spoilers.

[spoiler:ee3e67f02c] Luke?[/spoiler:ee3e67f02c]

Bloods End on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Since we don't have a general SW comics discussion thread this gets posted here
    http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76454

Guess we get a Purge series to take the place of Republic. But no Ostrander makes me sad.

Begs the question though; would you rather have him and Duursema working on a follow up to Republic or do what they're doing a work on a completly different era with all new stuff?

The "Dark Times" or the "Purge" or whatever it's called has always been the era that most interests me. I'm quite excited for this new series. I devoured Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (in fact, I even made a point of reading Labyrinth of Evil and Episode III, because they are supposed to comprise a "trilogy within the trilogy"), and I loved it.

I hope to see some more good Tarkin stuff, too. He's always been a character that intrigues me (particularly because of his complicated relationship with Vader).

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Looks like someone is getting a little help to find his way.

http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swLegacy7.jpg

Linked for spoilers.

[spoiler:2b57c221bd] Luke?[/spoiler:2b57c221bd]

I'm pretty sure that if I had become one with the force I wouldn't wear pants anymore, let alone a big ole cloak.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited September 2006
    Damn the Skywalker legacy has fallen on hard times
    [spoiler:c5ba716d47] Drug addicted, morally rehensible, and vaugly suicidal. Whatever happend to wanting to get power converters?[/spoiler:c5ba716d47]

Also; is anyone else getting tired with Hughes's covers? They're just so flat and boring.

Bloods End on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Also; is anyone else getting tired with Hughes's covers? They're just so flat and boring.

Yeah, I love Hughes' work, but these feel more like drawings you'd do as reference for other artists on how the characters should look than dynamic comic covers.

DMAC on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Blood,

Yeah, the covers are pretty uninspired and do little to catch the eye. That said, what's behind it does more than its share of eye catching.

I agree, I think it's pretty neat though to see [spoiler:5ffaa1039d] a Skywalker who chooses to just exist rather than follow his legacy. Look at what the burden of carrying the name does to someone who knows what's expected of it. Pretty gritty he is a drug addict.

Bonus points for him snagging Red though, I suspected it but now it's more certain. I think also we've had a question answered in this issue. People were saying that Cade was conflicted about turning the Jedi in, but seeing the very last page proves he is an evil bastard.[/spoiler:5ffaa1039d]

gredavin on
    edited October 2006
    Ok, I think I was wrong in my prediction of who Darth Kraayt is.

[spoiler:fb2f3d7559] In Bloodlines Jacen tortures to death Boba Fetts daughter.
    Now there is now way that Boba is going to let him live long enough to become a Supreme evil overlord of the glaxay.[/spoiler:fb2f3d7559]

Bloods End on
  • rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The latest issue of Legacy have sold me. A very refreshing "classic" tale set in the Star Wars universe. :^:

rchou on
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Ok, I think I was wrong in my prediction of who Darth Kraayt is.

[spoiler:a7ef6ac786] In Bloodlines Jacen tortures to death Boba Fetts daughter.
    Now there is now way that Boba is going to let him live long enough to become a Supreme evil overlord of the glaxay.[/spoiler:a7ef6ac786]

Actually...

[spoiler:a7ef6ac786]In that book Boba's way to get his revenge over his daughter dying WAS to let Jacen Solo become the new Sith Lord. He knew he couldn't do anything to the Solo family worse than what Jacen will do.[/spoiler:a7ef6ac786]

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    whoa whoa whoa

when i was a kid, i read those 'jedi academy' books

i'm not necessarily proud of that

but

what you're telling me is that [spoiler:d5a06a051a]jacen is evil now?[/spoiler:d5a06a051a]

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    See, I always thought Jaina would be the one to go all Sithy and evil and whatnot, since the death of her other brother seemed to unhinge her a bit.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg