As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 Classic Console - Classic Tourneys

2»

• Options
    powerpunchpowerpunch Registered User new member
    NFL Blitz 2000. Please, oh please.

• Options
    sidran32sidran32 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    As far as classics go, I'm a big fan of PS1 (been doing an RPG run on it lately).

However, I have a couple games that I'd be totally game for. Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit is always a classic. Also, I recently got X-Men Mutant Academy 2 (fighting game), which is also great. I think it's also more obscure (since someone said that'd be preferred).

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    hardest competition ever..... try to beat the turbo tunnel level in battletoads on nes, i would take a turn at it

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    I'd love Tengen Tetris but you already have Tetris Attack :S and I've never played that one so I think I'm gonna let the pros play :P

• Options
    PopinskiPopinski Registered User regular
    powerpunch wrote: »

Any NFL Blitz. Or Tecmo (super) Bowl. I'm a sports loving nerd.

• Options
    wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Popinski wrote: »
    powerpunch wrote: »

Any NFL Blitz. Or Tecmo (super) Bowl. I'm a sports loving nerd.

Yeah NFL Blitz for the PS was sick...ever play Super High Impact for the SNES? That game is pretty hilarious

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Will NHL 94 be on the SNES or Genesis? And what days are these tournaments being held?

• Options
    DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    Super Street Fighter 2: HDRemix used to be one of the official tournaments but not this year unfortunately. Can we consider running a tournament for an old school fighter like Street Fighter 2, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Killer Instinct, Bloody Roar, Rival Schools or even Battle Arena Toshiden??

Ds3hsEH.png
  • Options
    Any updates on this, in terms of what tournaments are running what days?

• Options
    sidran32sidran32 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Super Street Fighter 2: HDRemix used to be one of the official tournaments but not this year unfortunately. Can we consider running a tournament for an old school fighter like Street Fighter 2, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Killer Instinct, Bloody Roar, Rival Schools or even Battle Arena Toshiden??
    I have Bloody Roar: The New Breed for GameCube (play it on my Wii). If people want to check that out, that is. I also have Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur for Dreamcast.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, an update on what is going on might help in planning our schedules.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    EagleAlphaXEagleAlphaX New JerseyRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    All signups are at the con with the exception of the wargaming events, as far as I know.

Do we know when/where signups will be? Will they be in the lobby or a specific booth/hall?

wjxmaepqs9k1.png
  • Options
    Yeah, really would like to hear from the organizer about these events. I have no idea where to look for them.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They will likely be at the location of the event for each event.

• Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Any more about when and where to go for these? We're two days out so having the info to plan would be great.

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would hope that you will be able to at least find out first thing in the morning at the Classic Console room.