As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2013
    Tier 1 preorder is at 17%. :|

edit: also, Steam's preorder gives "Beta invite, once the beta is available."

Well, they better hurry it up with that, March 22-24 will be the last beta weekend before launch.

Echo on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So when is this weekend supposed to happen?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Thar be live streamin' afoot!

http://twitch.tv/trionworlds/new

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Woo thanks!

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Fuck yeah, gonna cross all the streams.

• Options
    CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    That Ark Hunter code enter-thing... That's the kind of shit that just ain't the same these days. Google, copy paste 74 codes, have some unlocks.

Still though, got me a beta key so good times.

-This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • Options
    I think the entire idea was for it to be a collective collection, no one (hopefully) does those without realizing how it will turn out.

• Options
    Sweet.
    Thanks to a partnership with Dodge, we revealed last week that players pre-ordering Defiance will also get an exclusive in-game red Dodge Challenger at launch, in addition to the previously announced pre-order reward items. The Dodge Challenger is the fastest vehicle in the game and players in the BETA will get to test drive it first by competing in the Dodge time trial challenge located in Madera.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Sweet.
    Thanks to a partnership with Dodge, we revealed last week that players pre-ordering Defiance will also get an exclusive in-game red Dodge Challenger at launch, in addition to the previously announced pre-order reward items. The Dodge Challenger is the fastest vehicle in the game and players in the BETA will get to test drive it first by competing in the Dodge time trial challenge located in Madera.

So... Is there a way to get one -other- than pre-order?

• Options
    Uncertain. Some preorder stuff is specifically mentioned as "early access".

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sweet.

At first my reaction was kind of, "Ehhh that sounds a bit scummy, especially with it being the fastest one in the game. That rubs me the wrong way."

and then:

27d712aa-ce31-40a7-8abb-2ec1b69c7a86_zps4b65f50d.jpg

Nope, that is totally rad, please continue.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    I think it's hilarious how much Dodge puts the Challenger in product placement, I always see blatant placement for it in tons of shows, eg: Burn Notice and Breaking Bad. There's many other examples I've seen but those are just the two that immediately come to mind. Product placement is something I don't mind at all, because they're getting money from a company for something that doesn't affect me whatsoever, hopefully lessening the amount I'd have to pay anyway.

• Options
    Gots me an email.
    Defiance, the massive, online open world shooter, coming to PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, is launching world-wide on April 2nd. The game is currently in closed testing and the last official beta weekend (and the NDA lift) is scheduled for March 22nd. Twitch and Defiance have teamed up to provide Twitch broadcasters exclusive early access to the PC closed testing environment from Friday, March 15 at 8AM PST through Sunday, March 17 at 9PM PST. The Twitch broadcasting community will be the only folks (besides the devs) to ever stream from these servers: it's yours for the whole weekend.

I signed up for it, we'll see if I get approved.

• Options
    Also, here's an EGO calculator for you to play around with. You start by selecting one of the four big powers, then expand from there.

• Options
    I'm just wondering why the PS3 dudes get to have a beta for longer >_>, until the 25th. Seems dumb. Not sure whether I'll really have the time to dip into both this AND the Neverwinter beta that weekend.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Also, here's an EGO calculator for you to play around with. You start by selecting one of the four big powers, then expand from there.

Are there any sort of qualifications for this? I doubt I'd qualify regardless as I only just started streaming a week ago, but I'm still interested.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why the PS3 dudes get to have a beta for longer >_>, until the 25th. Seems dumb. Not sure whether I'll really have the time to dip into both this AND the Neverwinter beta that weekend.

To wit, because I don't think they've beta'd it at all before now, as I'm pretty sure the first and second weekends were PC only.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options

Are there any sort of qualifications for this? I doubt I'd qualify regardless as I only just started streaming a week ago, but I'm still interested.

Can't hurt to try. http://www.defiance.com/en/twitchpartners/

• Options

Is this supposed to be a link?

• Options
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I just got my Twitch broadcaster invite, so Ill be streaming it this weekend. Whee.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Dang, well link it here and I'll try to watch.

Also, I plan on going cloak at first, gonna make a Ghost :P
    (thanks for the Ego calc)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I just got my Twitch broadcaster invite, so Ill be streaming it this weekend. Whee.

Yep, got mine too. Downloading the alpha now - that's a different client from the beta client for the weekend.

edit: just checked, my beta client won't update because there's no beta running.

Echo on
  • Options
    Echo let me know when you're playing, we should hook up and rock some dual casting group.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Alpha downloaded. Gonna start streaming in a bit.

• Options
    About to start it up at http://www.twitch.tv/echopa/new

(NOT the link in my sig)

• Options
    Ugh why is Twitch so awful. Stop dropping frames!

• Options
    And 'ere we go.

• Options
    Welp, they're bringing the server down now, probably in preparation for tomorrow - doesn't officially start until then, but the email does say "Once you are in – start streaming!"

• Options
    earthonlineearthonline Registered User regular
    looking forward to playing the beta :)

• Options
    Missed it tonight, caught up in SC2, but I'll be looking forward to see if anything happens tomorrow while I'm at work.

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Echo, please stock up on caffeine and poopsocks. I expect to see gameplay on your twitch 24/7 this weekend.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Well, this does look interesting. I miss Tabula Rasa sometimes.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    I've been following the game for awhile, but I just saw the commercial today where if you preorder you get an in-game dodge car(modified to fit the games theme though). If you are going to have advertisements in your game like the dodge car, maybe you could pass those savings along to the consumer and not make the game $60.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Well, it is a subscription-less game.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    With a DLC season pass and a cash shop.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    There's also a black Dodge I saw in the pursuits (achievements) when clicking through them the other day.

• Options
    When do you guys start streaming? I need something to watch :|

• Options
    I got the "Youre a twitch streamer, go here to sign up for your access" but havent received my info from trion to actually download the client to start. It'll be a while before im able to do anything unfortunately.

n1woEHJ.png