As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turn the lights on and off 3 times, then come post in the [Brain Problems] thread

19596979899101»

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    We call this the brain problems thread

Yet there are people out there that shoot and set cats on fire for shits and grins

Maybe we need perspective.

Whenever she'd get into one of her severe paranoid states, my sister would hate any stray animals that she didn't recognize. After I found a few of them when she was done with them I just tried to keep all the strays away from our yard.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Set that kid's arm on fire for a couple seconds. Might cure him of his cruelty to animals thing.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    These last few days my energy levels have tanked. I am struggling to cycle places, falling asleep in the afternoons, basically a zombie.

I don't think it can be side effects from my pills as I've been on them 3 weeks now and this has only just started.

I think my mood has improved, but I'm kind of too tired to tell.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    These last few days my energy levels have tanked. I am struggling to cycle places, falling asleep in the afternoons, basically a zombie.

I don't think it can be side effects from my pills as I've been on them 3 weeks now and this has only just started.

I think my mood has improved, but I'm kind of too tired to tell.

What medication is it, if you don't mind saying? Some drugs, like Prozac, take a while to be effective because they need to build up in your system.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Citalopram

• Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Blargh, I haven't had a good nights sleep all week, and it's my vacation time!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Citalopram

yeah, that takes a bit to build up

it it's been three weeks, you should be starting to feel it kick into full swing

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    smof bring it up whenever you next see a brain dude

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    my dad just spent like five minutes straight yelling at my mom for no reason other than his own paranoia/inability to express himself in a way that can be understood

great

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Gonna punch your dad in the dick

• Options
    still yelling

complaining SHE'S being controlling and lying and not transparent

• Options
    okay i THINK she's talked him down

he just started raging because she didnt understand something he was asking about the law/how it'd relate to the cat being shot/his roaming behavior

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Group therapy is tomorrow but I don't remember what time.

I don't want to remember what time because I don't wanna go.

I'm too afraid.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Group therapy is tomorrow but I don't remember what time.

I don't want to remember what time because I don't wanna go.

I'm too afraid.

You should go!

• Options
    But I like individual therapy.

:(

Except my therapist cancelled this week cause she was sick and I really needed to talk to her...

I'm not going to be able to say anything in a group.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    You don't have to say anything! Except maybe introducing yourself

Just going and listening to other people who have problems like yours can be incredibly helpful

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Nope because all my problems are stupid and theirs are all so much more important than mine and It's impossible to relate one to the other.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That isn't true at all!

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Bullshit

Your problems are just as important

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Nope because all my problems are stupid and theirs are all so much more important than mine and It's impossible to relate one to the other.

This is my problem too

I always feel like my issues are petty bullshit and everyone else has bigger problems than me

which, I will grant, some people do have bigger problems than me

but not everyone

and that's still no excuse to not talk about it

• Options
    Well I guess I'll have to call tomorrow to see what time it is.

Uhhg.

I can't sort through this mess on my own and I don't think a room full of people is going to help. I hate being around a lot of people at once.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular

How about we split it? I always hated going to group sessions because I felt like I was saying too much about my shit and that I made people think that their problems weren't as bad as mine.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Won't know that unless you go.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have a psychiatry appointment at 9 AM tomorrow, yay!

I just hope the doctor doesn't decide to prescribe me stuff immediately. I'd kinda like to see if I can deal with this without drugs first.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2013
    It's not even about not finding out whether or not that's true. It's about this just being a manifestation of your brain being a fucker. Look through this thread at how often so many of us have talked about how their problems don't feel important compared to other people's. It's literally irrelevant what others in the group do or don't think about your problems, because those problems are affecting your quality of life in a very real way. Your head is just fucking with you. Go to the group and give it a try.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    I think I waited for about six months before I started taking meds? Now I have a therapist and a psychiatrist. Thank glob for school insurance.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i finally picked up some SAM-e and took a dose last night. i think i'll stick to 200mg daily for a couple weeks, then up it if there's no effect. if it does start helping, i might abstain on the weekends just to be sure i don't build a tolerance.

kind of related, but i just got insurance for the first time in a decade, and i'm leaving the country for three months come April. sigh. maybe i can at least get an eye appointment and new glasses.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Where you goin', pooka?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Europe. gonna au pair for my sister while she gets established / until her husband goes over. it's gonna be really nice to spend so much time with her and deniece. i've worked with babies and toddlers now, and i'm much more confident in their care than i was when the little was born, so it's good timing.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Where you goin', pooka?

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

This is my problem too

I always feel like my issues are petty bullshit and everyone else has bigger problems than me

which, I will grant, some people do have bigger problems than me

but not everyone

and that's still no excuse to not talk about it

See

if your problems actually were petty, like wrong toilet paper orientation or whatever, it would hardly affect you, you wouldn't even be calling them problems, and you wouldn't be so stressed out.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Hello yes I am Brain Probelms

This discussion has been closed.