As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] New thread posted, please use that one.

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    I want Asura riding Charr. Such an awesome mental image.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Charr riding asura imoz.

Much more hilarious mental image.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

It just speaks to the need for a legit in-game way to do this.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    I think adding mounts would make sense, non-combat only (dismounted if hit by an enemy maybe) or town only, let people go %33 faster or more.
    IT would benefit a.net by adding another thing for people to spend gold and gems on.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    Hey, so I realized I've generated a couple of interesting Jumping Puzzle thingies without posting them here.

Jumping Puzzle Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhYAzkdjWLM7dHEyNWhOdTVXbDRrSDVpUF9QX054M3c&usp=sharing

This is a quick summary of all the puzzles, including links to locations and so forth. Also includes Jumping Puzzle Krewe's ratings of the puzzles for difficulty.

Jumping Puzzle Gallery

http://imgur.com/a/y8e4E#0

This is a visual tour of every major jumping puzzle in the game, listed in alphabetical order by achievement.

Credit also goes to Teldra, my partner in crime for all my jumping endeavors.

just put this up on Tumblr, fyi

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    As I've been doing my daily most days, I do enjoy seeing large groups of people at meta events or even smaller events now even in the starter zones. I think they've done a good job in rewarding people for going to a much larger set of zones.

I also enjoyed going through Orr and finding out that not every mob can keep up with me while I have swiftness and I'm not having to crowd surf the risen to get anywhere either.

• Options
    JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    I don't enjoy seeing people at big events anymore...the Maw has become ridiculous. Players are actively denying other players hits by using knockbacks and pulls on targets. This has become painfully obvious when I was trying to level my guardian last night, who don't have much in the way of ranged to compensate for this. I even managed to not get a hit on the shaman and no credit for the champ for the daily. Luckily the nearby champ wolfmaster is not terribly zerged...usually.

• Options
    Yeah, the Maw simply does not scale as necessary for the attention it's getting now. Applying the new scaling system (currently being tested in/around Orr) to the chest events should help, as would better rewarding players for a larger number of the meta-events. Why can you get gold-quality items from the Maw event but no chest whatsoever for invading the Svanir base in the northern part of that zone? It makes no sense.

• Options
    Joiry wrote: »
    I don't enjoy seeing people at big events anymore...the Maw has become ridiculous. Players are actively denying other players hits by using knockbacks and pulls on targets. This has become painfully obvious when I was trying to level my guardian last night, who don't have much in the way of ranged to compensate for this. I even managed to not get a hit on the shaman and no credit for the champ for the daily. Luckily the nearby champ wolfmaster is not terribly zerged...usually.

I guess to be fair, I've never done the Maw. I mostly end up fighting the behemoth or fire elemental as the big meta events of choice. That or the dragons of course.

The fire elemental usually goes down in about 1 minute, but I don't think I usually see an overflow. The Maw usually ends up with an overflow, must be due to popularity.

• Options
    The maw is 7 fairly rapid events, which I think accounts for its popularity. As far as I can tell, it has no scaling at all. Back before the chest upgrade, I'm pretty sure the same number of enemies spawned with only 5-6 players around as when there is so many most are culled. One of the main problems is the last 3 events before the champ happen at the same time. The 3 vet shamans, the vet guard and the svanir portals/ice eles all trigger immediately. I've see it now that players give up on either of the shamans or guards and go straight for the portals. In addition to the new scaling, I think they should stagger those 3 lead up events more.

The Svanir base/Dome is definitely a chest worthy event. I think it would help a lot if there were several more nice chest reward events spread out to many other zones, not the just the few dragon high level ones and the few starter zone ones. Stuff like the Modniir shaman in Harathi - I like that event (hate the rest of the zone) - though his fight needs less pure health scaling and a few more interesting mechanics. Once you're fighting the shaman himself, things just get boring as you widdle his health down. He does get one of the best lines, imo, in GW2 "Answer me this hummingbirds, how do you fight the Wind!" - too bad the wind just boils down to a few dustdevisl that knock you over...it'd be cool if they had more effects you had to figure out ways to counter.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I would really like to see superior awards for Orr temple events and their success from the chests. Giving a higher chance for exotics would be a good way to get people to come do those and help them succeed, but I see a little bit too often a bunch of failures being unable to complete Grenth or Balthazar because they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    If there were so many events that would give people rares/exotics A.Net would have to consider just how easily they'd want people to gear up, because with the huge piles of items we're all getting we have made the price of ectos drop by half and the availability of a lot of exotic world drops has increased to the point where you can just get whatever you need of the TP without having to set aside a budget for a month. I've been decking out my necro in the best world drops and have foregone the time consuming path of running dungeons or trying to craft stuff myself.

The problem then becomes this: you can:
    [1] cap the amount of chests you can get per day, which would make people only run the easiest events/the ones that spawn the most often;
    [2] not cap anything, making it so that the only limit to people's income is how much time they want to spend running from event to event;
    [3] swap around what world bosses provide loot per day/week. As long as this is announced properly we can zerg different bosses and that way we won't ignore bosses that are unloved now;
    [3] stick to the current set-up and only provide worthwhile rewards for a few of the world bosses and be OK with players ignoring other world bosses.

In my opinion neither option is ideal, players are simply rewarded too much for stuff they can zerg. This problem would be less profound if our server wasn't bustling with activity any time of the day. I know there are plenty of small servers where there aren't enough people to kill some of the World Bosses, so they have a completely different set of problems and A.Net would have to encourage the population of small servers to play together more and focus them towards specific events.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Yeah I get that, but the point I'm making is that so few people are in Orr trying to get those temples open and they take quite a bit of people/time to get done. And I think the challenge is fun.

• Options
    Maybe they should consider a system which rewards people based upon how many pre-events are also done in an event chain?

Take the dragons, I know a lot of people don't usually spend the time getting there for pre-events, they only want to get a few hits in to loot the chest. Currently, you're rewarded for doing that by saving time and getting the same rewards as those who stayed for the whole thing.

For Orr, imagine if they decided that every event completion credit you get for all events in running Grenth for example, increased your chances of getting rares/exotics/legendary precursors from the chest? So if Rysk shows up just for the boss, he's got a chance for that stuff, but if I'm there for 4-5 events in total, I'd have [hopefully] 4-5x better chances of getting higher rarity items.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Imagine a world

where all events give a non-insulting, non-shit amount of karma

and karma vendors had worthwhile gear on them

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Lodestones for Karma. There done, Karma is wanted once more. Even better put the Vendor in the Orr temples like for Obsidian Shards.

• Options
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    I would really like to see superior awards for Orr temple events and their success from the chests. Giving a higher chance for exotics would be a good way to get people to come do those and help them succeed, but I see a little bit too often a bunch of failures being unable to complete Grenth or Balthazar because they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing.

It really doesn't help that it can be very difficult to figure out what to do for the temple pre-events even if you're consulting the Wiki. There's little direction in the meta-event areas, and since getting around in Orr is such a pain, somebody who hasn't done the events before will end up wandering aimlessly until they find an event that they hope might be part of the temple events. Last night I was in Cursed Shore, and it looked like the Temple of Melandru event was in full swing. I attempted to figure out where the action was, but absolutely nothing was happening and the meta-event text I saw wasn't even listed in the Wiki. I think the event was actually bugged at the time, but the fact that it took me a while to even figure that much out shows that those events could really use better signposting.

• Options
    Well, the main need is to stagger event participation, in such a way events still get enough players, but no so many that the zone lags, players have a hard time getting credit, etc.

I think if there were more Big Chest events, this would begin to help. Ideally, in the long run, every zone should have at least one.

Two, I actually don't think its so bad to limit the chests to once a day per account. Especially if more of these events are added - those with too much time on their hands could probably still get the same overall number of chest chances just by visiting all the zones, instead of alting to the same events over and over.

I like the idea of rewarding longer chain participation. Its kinda like my idea for WvW keep taking - in that rewards should be initially low and the big reward comes for actively holding the keep over several scoring cycles. But I could see PvE event chains reward more for each link of the event chain you do - more gold and karma and some magic find bonus that applies specifically and only to the final chest in the chain.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Lodestones for Karma. There done, Karma is wanted once more. Even better put the Vendor in the Orr temples like for Obsidian Shards.

Both those systems exist currently. Cant tell if you are just being ironic though.

• Options
    Draygo wrote: »

Both those systems exist currently. Cant tell if you are just being ironic though.

Box with random chance of random Lodestone or random other stuff is not what I just suggested as should be obvious when I point to Obsidian Shards as the example. Specific Lodestones could be put in Specific Temples as Obsidian Shards are to Balthazar.
    REG Rysk wrote: »

It really doesn't help that it can be very difficult to figure out what to do for the temple pre-events even if you're consulting the Wiki. There's little direction in the meta-event areas, and since getting around in Orr is such a pain, somebody who hasn't done the events before will end up wandering aimlessly until they find an event that they hope might be part of the temple events. Last night I was in Cursed Shore, and it looked like the Temple of Melandru event was in full swing. I attempted to figure out where the action was, but absolutely nothing was happening and the meta-event text I saw wasn't even listed in the Wiki. I think the event was actually bugged at the time, but the fact that it took me a while to even figure that much out shows that those events could really use better signposting.

Not sure how more clear they could be, the Meta Event Announcement is always active showing you what stage things are at and what events are part of the Meta Chain, the only hard part is not always knowing where the chain starts or when it just breaks. If a Event is running and you are in the meta Event area you will know it is active.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-worldthe-end-of-culling/

Culling gone on March 26 when next patch hits.

Geod on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-worldthe-end-of-culling/

Culling gone on March 26 when next patch hits.

So it looks like one will need to do some trial and error to see what settings their computer can handle?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Oh man I love those new vanity clothes. Finally a good replacement for my starter clothes!

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Oh man I love those new vanity clothes. Finally a good replacement for my starter clothes!

Indeed! The Asura starter clothes made me look like a toddler wearing rompers. In the new town clothes, I look like the badass I so clearly am:

UG9SSS2.jpg

• Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    The overworld chest events had too many people to be fun before the loot buffs. I remember, pre-patch, a jormag fight in which one person told people to protect the golems instead of autoattacking, and was rebuffed by players who pointed out that there's enough bodies that the event would succeed anyway. Now, it's just as un-fun, but with enough lag to prevent activation of skills, provided that you aren't booted into overflow. I just found it odd that they decided to increase the loot drops in places that already had too many people, when there's plenty of unloved areas in the game

Course, I still did them, because I'm a dirty hypocrite and can't resist the allure of knocking out an event daily and getting a rare by spamming 1 for a few minutes

• Options
    I just found it odd that they decided to increase the loot drops in places that already had too many people, when there's plenty of unloved areas in the game

They also increased in loot drops in unloved areas. Me, Lokairnus and Madhat just did the Golem Mark II event in Maelstrom. Never seen it before today. It was super fun! Check it out:

0Z65XD6.jpg

• Options
    They also increased Hydra Queen and all Orr Temple Chests. People do the Dragons and Starter areas so much because they are stupid easy and have pretty accurate timers on them already. More need to be like the Grenth and Lyssa or Golem Mark 2. Those are actually rather fun.
    Jormag needs to take less damage when not stunned and maybe just do a big get off me AoE on that one side cliff area.
    Shatterer needs to do his AoE in a wider area
    Teq needs to take less damage from players attacking and more from the Siege weaponry.

The starter area fights just need to scale better for the most part. Especially the Jungle Worm.

• Options
    Okay, not getting tons of reaction from my generic call for Guild Bounty scheduling, but based on limited data, here's my proposed tentative schedule. I'm hoping everyone will either love this or at least finally comment on it!

TENTATIVE PROPOSED SCHEDULE

Main Event: Saturday Night, 7pm Server Time (PST)

Bonus Events:
    Friday Night, 7pm Server Time (PST)
    Wednesday Afternoon, Noon Server Time (PST) - This is for the Europeans!
    Wednesday Night, 7pm Server Time (PST)

Reactions?

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    REACTION.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Edit: But I think that what has been proposed is suitable.

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Seems reasonable.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    The schedule has been updated on the guild blog: http://gw2nice.tumblr.com/post/45072947861/guild-mission-schedule

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    I approve of this quantity of Futurama.

Relatedly: Bold claim, no more culling. We'll see. We'll see.

Fantastic
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @kylindra any chance of pushing one of those 7pm times to 10pm? it's about the only time i can be online during the week. if not, i'll just resign myself to not doing bounties.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    What time EST is 7PM server time?

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

should be 10pm

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

should be 10pm

Much thanks!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I approve of 10pm EST for the main event over the previous 11pm. We are lame and start to turn into pumpkins at 11. :)

SwashbucklerXX on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They also increased Hydra Queen and all Orr Temple Chests. People do the Dragons and Starter areas so much because they are stupid easy and have pretty accurate timers on them already. More need to be like the Grenth and Lyssa or Golem Mark 2. Those are actually rather fun.
    Jormag needs to take less damage when not stunned and maybe just do a big get off me AoE on that one side cliff area.
    Shatterer needs to do his AoE in a wider area
    Teq needs to take less damage from players attacking and more from the Siege weaponry.

The starter area fights just need to scale better for the most part. Especially the Jungle Worm.

The last fucking thing those sub-tank'n'spank piles of uninteresting mechanics (oh wow, I got knocked back a bit, that sure is mildly annoying) need is more damage reduction to make the fights longer.

This discussion has been closed.