As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SPACETEAM!!!!

2»

• AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    gonexall wrote: »
    Scoots wrote: »

I'm sure it'll be rampant in the HH Lounge, and we also have a tourney!

Do we have to have team to sign up for tourney? I'm coming to PAX solo this year, so, if I need a team, I'd be interested to hear from others who need to find team members.

As another soloist, I will also need a team... a space team.

You have my sword....iphone.....whatever. I just need meetup details.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    well, let's see what they say about the tourney! but i'll be at the westin pre-pax gaming night for one thing.

well, let's see what they say about the tourney! but i'll be at the westin pre-pax gaming night for one thing.

I'll also be at the Westinn come Thursday, with little to no plans. You on twitter, we can hash out/meet up and practice!

• ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    @ilta @AnarCHris Im gonna be coming to PAX Friday around 12:00pm... If you are still looking to get a team together you can get ahold of me on twitter @IG_Vicious....

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

I'm on twitter (that is, I have a twitter thing) as IsaiahLT.

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    @ilta @AnarCHris @ ViciousEin02 my twitter is @GoNExall. If we are going to form a team, we should probably try to meet up on Friday soon after noon to sign up, then maybe pactice at least once before the tourney on Saturday. I think we would be able to find other teams to challenge in the Handheld Lounge.

@ilta @AnarCHris Im gonna be coming to PAX Friday around 12:00pm... If you are still looking to get a team together you can get ahold of me on twitter @IG_Vicious....

I'm @TheAnarCHris. Following you both as of....NOW!

AnarCHris wrote: »

I'm @TheAnarCHris. Following you both as of....NOW!

OK. Following all of you twitter as well.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Never heard of this game before now.. I downloaded it to the ipad, which I'll have with me - will that work with your iphone version, assuming the BCEC wifi holds up?

[[/quote]

[/quote]

WE ARE NOW A TEAM....A TEAM FOR SPACE....A SPACE TEAM IF YOU WILL (And I will!)

AnarCHris wrote: »
    [

[/quote]

WE ARE NOW A TEAM....A TEAM FOR SPACE....A SPACE TEAM IF YOU WILL (And I will!)[/quote]

Any ideas for name? I am trying to finish Mass Effect 3 before PAX in order to avoid spoilers (so far, so good, so please remember Wheaton's Law). All I can seem to think of the "The Good Shepards." It just keeps popping into my head. As I think about, "The Bad Shapards" might also work.

vttym wrote: »
    Never heard of this game before now.. I downloaded it to the ipad, which I'll have with me - will that work with your iphone version, assuming the BCEC wifi holds up?

The Ipad version cross-plays with the iphone, and I think it connects by bluetooth rather than WiFi, so you should be good. If it does require internet access, the BCC has solid internet, however, the bandwidth is taxed quit a bit during PAX, so it can get a bit hairy.

Yay Mass Effect!

Team Eezo Down the Road? Har har har.

Also I just realized I can't participate in the ST tourney due to my own panel starting at 6:30. Sorry guys! Have fun exploding without me, and maybe I'll see y'all in the HH area or on the lines at some point...

• The MattadorThe Mattador Registered User regular

The Ipad version cross-plays with the iphone, and I think it connects by bluetooth rather than WiFi, so you should be good. If it does require internet access, the BCC has solid internet, however, the bandwidth is taxed quit a bit during PAX, so it can get a bit hairy.

Yea the ipad version and iPhone work togther. I am on an ipad and my friends are all on iPhones and we don't have any problems. People with iPads are at a slight advantage because of the much ginger screen.

• RenDuHRenDuH Supreme Being ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    People with iPads are at a slight advantage because of the much ginger screen.

Hehe... Ginger screen.

I'm super excited about all of this! I seriously hope I don't forget my phone charger, because with all the Spaceteam I'll be playing, I'm sure the battery is gonna die quickly! XD

RenDuH

Please visit my photography blog:
    http://renaeduhaime.wordpress.com

Thank you! :D
    Do you have an empty spot on your shelf begging to be filled by a PAX medal? Do you have the even temper, laser focus, and raw nerve to keep a starship un-exploded under the pressure of tough competition? Are you interested in the SpaceTeam Tourney, but your friends are not or you are paxing solo?

We are looking for two more SpaceTeam members for the tourney. That means committing to the event from 5:30 - 6:30 on Saturday. We'd also like to practice once or twice on Friday, if we can find a time to do so. Also, if you have a good SpaceTeam name, I'd call that a win right there. To be fair about this, we'll take the first two people in order of their responses to this post (perhaps if there are enough responses, a rival team will emerge...hmm).

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Gonexall, as promised earlier, I'll be on the team. Message me on Twitter @RaughnP to confirm. I'll try to be there for practice if it happens, but if not, I'll definitely be there for the tourney.

Raughn wrote: »
    Gonexall, as promised earlier, I'll be on the team. Message me on Twitter @RaughnP to confirm. I'll try to be there for practice if it happens, but if not, I'll definitely be there for the tourney.

Awesome! We just need one more!

We have our fourth. Our SpaceTe is complete!

• ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Scoots wrote: »

I'm sure it'll be rampant in the HH Lounge, and we also have a tourney!

Do we have to have team to sign up for tourney? I'm coming to PAX solo this year, so, if I need a team, I'd be interested to hear from others who need to find team members.

As another soloist, I will also need a team... a space team.

The beauty of it is that you don't need a pre-set team! Make new friends the yelly way.

Alright nice.. im excited about this..

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    Spaceteam made my Pax. On the train over, I accosted someone as soon as they turned on their iPad, put up a hotspot and instructed them to download Spaceteam. I also met Tangentia who would go on to be the first victorious female Omeganaut. I got to meet the creator, Henry Smith, and play with many who had caught the spacebug.

PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    If my teammates Ciara, Brandon, and Jelle end up seeing this, I just wanted to say you guys were an awesome Spaceteam and winning the gold with y'all absolutely made my entire weekend!

DON'T WORRY, THE SHIP FLIES ITSELF.
    JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
    AND REMEMBER TO WORK TOGETHER...
    ...AS A SPACETEAM!!!!!!!

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    We were waiting in line for the Major Nelson podcast, and my friend and I had Spaceteam installed and ended up getting 2 other people to install it and proceeded to have a fantastic time...and get some VERY strange looks from other people, it was a blast though!

signature.png
    I never got to play the game with anybody i was upset that i couldnt find the group that i was going to play with.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

We turned on massive mode and had a 6 or 7 person Spaceteam going in the Rock Band panel line. Also got a round going in the shuttle bus back from ESO dinner with random people. I loved how easily people picked up the game, but how much fun it was to play.

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    I never got to play the game with anybody i was upset that i couldnt find the group that i was going to play with.

I'm also sorry we couldn't get together. Gonexall and I watched for you for a while in HH, but that was a really hard area to spot people. If it makes you feel any better, when we got a game going with randoms, we couldn't get the signal to hold very long for some reason. Probably due to all the wireless activity there, because I later got a few games to work in the line for the Omegathon Final Round.

Lol we got our letters mixed up then.. I thought he said TT not HH..... Lol on my part. Maybe next year

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• tangentiatangentia Registered User regular
    radjago wrote: »
    Spaceteam made my Pax. On the train over, I accosted someone as soon as they turned on their iPad, put up a hotspot and instructed them to download Spaceteam. I also met Tangentia who would go on to be the first victorious female Omeganaut. I got to meet the creator, Henry Smith, and play with many who had caught the spacebug.
    People were playing Spaceteam on the Metal Gear Line?! Sigh, the amount of times I had almost-encounters with Spaceteam during PAX...I never played it until we got on stage.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    tangentia wrote: »
    Sigh, the amount of times I had almost-encounters with Spaceteam during PAX...I never played it until we got on stage.

... where Spaceteam ended up playing you.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    tangentia wrote: »
    radjago wrote: »
    People were playing Spaceteam on the Metal Gear Line?! Sigh, the amount of times I had almost-encounters with Spaceteam during PAX...I never played it until we got on stage.
    Yeah, I was the guy with the awesome Spaceteam hat my wife made. I even guessed the final round correctly.

Yk21clQl.jpg?1

• Liz SLiz S Goomba Symphathizer MARegistered User regular
    See where it says IRL jousting? That was me. :)

I had a doubt for a moment that it might be Johann Sebastian Joust, but that passed quickly.

So in watching an Omeganaut final video, I see that when they were told to Flip, they turned the device upside down while still holding it in front of them normally. Which increased the odds of hitting the power button.

I always took Flip to mean lifting the device up in the air over my head, so that I would look straight up to the sky to play until it said safe. This works for me, and I never have had an issue with an accidental turn-off.

Chalk this up to finding out what you were playing 10 minutes before actually playing it?

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    So in watching an Omeganaut final video, I see that when they were told to Flip, they turned the device upside down while still holding it in front of them normally. Which increased the odds of hitting the power button.

I always took Flip to mean lifting the device up in the air over my head, so that I would look straight up to the sky to play until it said safe. This works for me, and I never have had an issue with an accidental turn-off.

Chalk this up to finding out what you were playing 10 minutes before actually playing it?

Before the Omegathon, we were playing Spaceteam and couldn't figure out what the Flip was supposed to do. After dying repeatedly and accidentally shutting of my device more than once, we finally walked over to the booth to ask. We didn't talk to the actual dev but talked to one of the other folks at the booth and she told us that the lack of instructions was intentional, in order to make people discover moves on their own*. She told us that 'Flip' means changing the plane of the device in any direction, and holding it there motionless for a moment. So you can flip by tilting it toward you, holding the sides. It's the holding still that satisfies the 'Flip' command.

*As an aside, we all mentioned to her that incorporating some sort of minimal instruction would be a good idea, since if we hadn't been at PAX with the ability to ask the question, we would have simply stopped playing the game at that point: it's not fun if it's not fun.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that showed up to the tournament in HH! I think it's safe to say that it was a learning experience for everyone involved but still loads of fun.