As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)

• Options
    ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    aikoe wrote: »
    I think I saw someone earlier in the thread who said they were bringing Yuengling, but I can't remember who it was. If that turns out to be wrong, I can get it for you.

I got in contact with that person, but thanks!

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    This is for anybody 21 and over.. I will also be asking for ID.
    I have been able to buy Pineapple Sky Vodka if anybody is still looking for this.?
    Also I can get my hands on some random bottles of beer if anybody is looking for something in general.
    Jumping on the Beer Bandwagon here too.

Washington State has over 175 craft and microbrews. In my neighborhood alone, there are over a dozen (7 of which are inside a 1 mile radius, making for a most excellent beer stumble). There are way too many to even begin to offer specific brewereies here. Just let me know if you want something from this neck of the woods.

Id be really interested in some of your local beers in that area. Maybe a 6pk.

I think I'll be bringing a 6-pack of mixed local stuff regardless to share around but we're bringing soda too so I'll see if we've got enough weight allowance for another 6 pack. Otherwise we'll just all share like good little monkeys!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    OK here should be my final list of stuff im bringing

3 aero bars 1 chocolate 2 mint
    2 packs of necco waffers (you guys didn't seems to like them too much last year lol)
    3 packs of chocolate waffers (never tried these so there might be 2 by the time pax starts)
    3 sky bars (4 separate fillings in each bar)
    0 whatchamacallit bars but i didn't realize they were common and made by Hershey.... screw it i ate all 3
    2 12 fluid oz chocolate sodas in glass bottles (tastes like a fizzy cold hot chocolate)
    1 litter of of diet chocolate soda in plastic bottle (tastes like a tootsie roll)
    1 botan rice candy pack
    6 abba zabba bars (taffy with peanut butter filling ..... ABBA ZABBA YOU MY ONLY FRIEND)

halfbaked1.jpg

funny enough every thing minus sodas and abba zabbas fit perfectly into a floppy disk holder

sillyzombie666 on
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    OK here should
    2 packs of necco waffers (you guys didn't seems to like them too much last year lol)

Necco wafers are delicious and I will fight anyone who disagrees. Also, are sky bars rare? They're everywhere here, including the liquor store.

• Options
    hey this may be the best idea, i think we should all get some sort of cups so we can sample the sodas and other drinks so we dont spread any germs

• Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    @Coan We have Pearson's products in FL too, I was so excited to be able to contribute something and then realized people had already jumped all over it for you. My family is from MN and my grandma used to work at the company and recently my mother was in town on a visit and found them and freaked out. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have even realized they were still around. My mom actually swore the company shut down years ago and she still bought one and ate it :shock: I'm glad I can tell her otherwise now.

Nothing exciting comes from FL, but I saw some Kinder stuff the other day and I will look into it and I know I can get my hands on some Koala Yummies.

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Sausage wrote: »
    I know I can get my hands on some Koala Yummies.

I don't know what that is, but I love the name :p

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    zealdukezealduke Registered User regular
    Anyone from Ontario know if they still make Smirnoff Fire? Not at all into the girly drinks but I had a couple of those and they were great, I'd love to have them again. Any amount would be appreciated

• Options
    TrieneTriene Registered User regular
    tanoshiiki wrote: »
    Who has access to Kinder Bueno White? They discontinued them in Australia a few years ago and I miss them terribly so.

Can bring Australian snacks (no alcohol), please let me know what you'd be interested in :)

I may actually be able to get some of these, but I can't promise. There's an import store near me that sells Kinder, but they get different things all the time. I'll get a small stash to bring.

Also, I'll re-up my request for some Basset's Jelly Babies... I think this is an England thing, but it could be a Europe thing.

Also Japanese snacks, but especially Puccho.

Finally, maybe we can all bring something with our forum names to help match faces? Name tags? Or we can just free-for-all. :3

• Options
    RudabagaRudabaga Registered User regular
    Hi all,

I'm new to this fantastic idea of a meet. I'm coming from Canada (specifically Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo), let me know what I should/you want me too bring:)

Super excited.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So I assume swapping beers would be frowned upon in the convention center... would anybody be down for swapping local craft beers outside of the con at the Westin or something?

• Options
    zealdukezealduke Registered User regular
    Rudabaga wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new to this fantastic idea of a meet. I'm coming from Canada (specifically Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo), let me know what I should/you want me too bring:)

Super excited.

you wouldn't happen to know anything about smirnoff fire would you?

• Options
    zealduke wrote: »
    Hi all,

Super excited.

Nope, but I will call the local LCBO tomorrow to find out:)

• Options
    Triene wrote: »
    Finally, maybe we can all bring something with our forum names to help match faces? Name tags? Or we can just free-for-all. :3

Forum badges generally work well for this. I'll be wearing mine. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/167782/pax-east-2013-forum-badges

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    So I assume swapping beers would be frowned upon in the convention center... would anybody be down for swapping local craft beers outside of the con at the Westin or something?

I'm planning on bringing beer to the exchange. As long as we're not publicly vomiting all over each other or running around naked with FREE BEER painted on our chests, I doubt they'll care.

• Options
    tanoshiikitanoshiiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Who has access to Kinder Bueno White? They discontinued them in Australia a few years ago and I miss them terribly so.

Can bring Australian snacks (no alcohol), please let me know what you'd be interested in :)

I may actually be able to get some of these, but I can't promise. There's an import store near me that sells Kinder, but they get different things all the time. I'll get a small stash to bring.
    Cool! :D

I should start buying some Aussie stuff then. Any requests?

Maybe I should print out my avatar...

tanoshiiki on
  • Options
    reinangelreinangel Registered User new member
    But what if its Brolaf?

I'm planning on bringing beer to the exchange. As long as we're not publicly vomiting all over each other or running around naked with FREE BEER painted on our chests, I doubt they'll care.

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    zealduke wrote: »
    Hi all,

Super excited.

Nope, but I will call the local LCBO tomorrow to find out:)

I don't see anything for it on the LCBO website, so doesn't look like we have it anywhere in Ontario...discontinued or at least they dropped carrying it at least.

I haven't grabbed a forum badge, I might go old skool and wear my Necrowombicon staff badge (<hipster>I was going to pax before it was a thing </hipster>). If not, I've still got a black mage pin that i'll try to keep on my jacket.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    Well, my bag is packed. Tim Tams and Australian Oreos (FOR SCIENCE!)

Any last requests? Other than the usual clamouring for Vegemite, of course.

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, my bag is packed. Tim Tams and Australian Oreos (FOR SCIENCE!)

That is beautiful, sir.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    From my understanding of public drinking laws, they won't care if we're exchanging alcohol. Drinking it is another story. If you want to drink it, wait until you get back to the privacy of your hotel room. Don't want to be a buzzkill, but we don't want to run afoul of laws, rules on the private property of the BCEC. I don't want any trouble from authority figures in either case.

If any locals want to chime on this, go ahead.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    I think just bcec has its own rules regarding any alchoholic drinks not purchased at the bar there as well.

• Options
    Coan wrote: »
    I haven't grabbed a forum badge, I might go old skool and wear my Necrowombicon staff badge (<hipster>I was going to pax before it was a thing </hipster>). If not, I've still got a black mage pin that i'll try to keep on my jacket.

You can't actually get this year's forum badge yet. They're available at pax and the Thursday night before. They don't cost anything, just follow the directions in that thread to pick one up.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »
    Coan wrote: »

You can't actually get this year's forum badge yet. They're available at pax and the Thursday night before. They don't cost anything, just follow the directions in that thread to pick one up.

I meant i hadn't posted or anything and i'm lazy :P Somewhere in there I'm pretty sure I read that all i need to do is post to get one with my name on the back or something, or I've missed the cutoff somewhere for that too (I've only somewhat skimmed the thread). If there are extra completely blank ones that are available to pick up, I might grab one if i'm in that area.

back on topic of not-badges (since thats another thread) looks like http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/black-oak-double-chocolate-cherry-stout/46058/ is what should be available when I come down. If there is any extra interest, i'll bring more than the single 6pack I plan on grabbing now.

• Options
    You know what would be FANTASTIC in the way of beer/ciders? Last time I was in DC, I had a cider called "Original Sin Tart Cherry Cider" and I've been looking for a bottle ever since to share with my BF. If anyone local finds it, please grab a bottle and I'll make sure to reimburse you with $$ or food (I think it's like $12 per bottle).

• Options
    ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    You know what would be FANTASTIC in the way of beer/ciders? Last time I was in DC, I had a cider called "Original Sin Tart Cherry Cider" and I've been looking for a bottle ever since to share with my BF. If anyone local finds it, please grab a bottle and I'll make sure to reimburse you with $$ or food (I think it's like $12 per bottle).

I'll check when I head to the liquor store tomorrow for St. Patty's Day supplies!

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    I am awful and haven't posted pictures yet, but my current haul is beer for @ironysparkles, nut rolls for @Coan, some Koala Yummies, and a couple hazelnut KitKats. I looked for Kinder Bueno White but couldn't find any. I'm probably going to make another store run this weekend and will grab some assorted tasty goods.

Did anyone happen to get a hold of Damtuh Ginger Tea?

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    I found a store that supposedly carries the Original Sin ciders near me, but the cherry they have is called Original Sin Cherry Tree Cider. Is it the same or was there a specific tart version? It sounds delicious.

I didn't find any Kinder Bueno White, just regular and also picked up some Koala Yummies and nut rolls. I think @aikoe has a World Market too.

• Options
    Necco wafers are delicious and I will fight anyone who disagrees. Also, are sky bars rare? They're everywhere here, including the liquor store.
    [/quote]
    should i bring more? and sky bars are from necco so i figured its a mostly new england item

• Options

i have also been looking for a cherry cider

• Options
    I found a store that supposedly carries the Original Sin ciders near me, but the cherry they have is called Original Sin Cherry Tree Cider. Is it the same or was there a specific tart version? It sounds delicious.

That's probably it. It's crazy good. Ironically enough, it's actually made in Oregon where the cherries grow, and shipped back to the parent company on the East Coast. But we can't buy it in Washington (!?).

• Options
    ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    I plan on bringing some craft beers from my town they are 22oz beers. So i would be down to trade.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• Options
    saturnaliasaturnalia Registered User regular
    Excited!

I don't know if any Europe people managed to find those delicious little boxed treacle tarts, but one of them would make me so full of joy...

I'm coming from the Jersey Shore, so I figured I'd grab some salt water taffy. Any other requests, just let me know! Not sure we have anything else considered 'special', besides good bagels in all flavors and delicious NY style pizza... the former of which I could bring if anyone wanted some, haha. The latter... would be messy and cold by the time I got to Boston.

• Options
    NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular

Also, I'll re-up my request for some Basset's Jelly Babies... I think this is an England thing, but it could be a Europe thing.

@Triene I could easily bring you jelly babies, assuming I manage to resist biting the heads off the irresistable little bastards. and they don't count as some kind of delicious security risk at the airport.

• Options
    tanoshiikitanoshiiki Registered User regular
    I looked for Kinder Bueno White but couldn't find any. I'm probably going to make another store run this weekend and will grab some assorted tasty goods.
    Thanks for trying. I am only after White, which I have a feeling is only now sold in Europe.

• Options
    I looked for Kinder Bueno White but couldn't find any. I'm probably going to make another store run this weekend and will grab some assorted tasty goods.
    Thanks for trying. I am only after White, which I have a feeling is only now sold in Europe.

They had Bueno White in a local Canadian convenience store i used to go to. Assuming they still have some, I will see if I can pick some up:)

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Hazelnut Kit-Kats and those Tim Tams sound amazing. I'm really looking forward to this, all!

Right now, I just have Mega Stuf Oreos and a local beef jerky for the masses. I have specific items for some of you. :) I know they're all over the place in America, but any International folks interested in BLT potato chips? I think they're delicious.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    @Decius, is there still any interest in the Irn Bru, or should I assume you'll be seeking UK Irn Bru elsewhere? Also should I be bringing any Jaffa Cakes?

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    @Decius, is there still any interest in the Irn Bru, or should I assume you'll be seeking UK Irn Bru elsewhere? Also should I be bringing any Jaffa Cakes?

Someone contacted me about bringing some UK Irn Bru. I will still gladly take Jaffa Cakes, or bring them for everyone else to try. They won't last long lol.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options

That's probably it. It's crazy good. Ironically enough, it's actually made in Oregon where the cherries grow, and shipped back to the parent company on the East Coast. But we can't buy it in Washington (!?).

@LexiconGrrl I acquired a bottle of the cherry cider.

I went to another store to try and find Pucchos and could not. Note to self, when towing around a three year old, do not take him in to unusual foreign grocery stores because you might be able to breathe through your mouth and somewhat ignore the smell, but he cannot. Nor can he stop talking about how bad the smell is or waving his hand around. However, if I ever need to find a Durian locally, I know where to go now.

The German store I went to was better, I found some Katzenzungen and Super Dickmann's. I have tried neither, but one appeals to my childish sense of humor and the other is a box covered in kittens and pretty irresistible. I found some Milka scoops too. Still no Kinder Bueno White.

Other than the cider, nothing I have is really for anyone in particular so hopefully some people are willing to be forced to take some of this stuff off my hands.

This discussion has been closed.