As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 /dance Party

VapokVapok Just a Guy.BostonRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
Greetings Fellow Dancers!

I KNOW this is the announcement you've been waiting for! This year's /dance Party will be better than ever!

And to make it even bigger, we adding a little bit of a puzzle for you to figure out!

PAX East 2013 /dance Party will feature Guest disc jockey DJ P0LARI5 coming to us all the way from L.A.! He'll be turning the plates and stringing together the hottest in house, electronica, nerdcore, dance music!

Looking forward to a great night of awesome music and some spontaneous dancing!

FAQ #1:
Q: Can I wear a costume?
A: Holy Shit Balls YES! We love our costumes! However, come dressed however you are!

FAQ #2:
Q: Please tell me you're not going to do a Harlem Shake?
A: Talk about a meme that died out pretty quickly. I had thought about it.. however... it might not be well received! We'll see!

FAQ #3:
Q: I don't have a smartphone, but want to dance!
A: Check out the Drunken Moogle's website for details! http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/pax-east-parties-2013 (Scroll Down and look for the Microsoft Tag!)

All of the information you need to know is contained in the spoiler below!
A7MKFGnCQAAGImc.jpg

Also, if you like puzzle's and want an opportunity to figure this one out DO NOT read this second spoiler!
So yeah, like a QR code (but different) you need to figure out a way to scan this! Maybe Google something like... this!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
Vapok
Vapok on

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    /dance

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    After two years of missing out, this.... this is the year I /dance.

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    so excited! last year's /dance was one of our favorite pax moments!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Vapok always puts on a good show, I have some great video/memories from 2 years ago!

signature.png
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    YES! I've been away from PAX for a while but /dance was perhaps my favorite part of the whole show. I'll be there!

• Options
    scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    This sounds magical - I've missed so much in my last PAXes

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Options
    scrattatat wrote: »
    scrattatat wrote: »
    This sounds magical - I've missed so much in my last PAXes
    Oh man, is it ever. I'm a terrible dancer and I had a blast. East11's went on for a good 3-4 hours or so?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    What about those of us who do not have a fancy phone that can scan things?

• Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    What about those of us who do not have a fancy phone that can scan things?

Shoot me a PM, and I'll send along the text transcript. While at PAX though, if you happen to need to scan a Tag again (which.. you will, just once though)... you could try asking someone to scan it for you... who knows, maybe you'll make a life long friend and have a new dancing partner at the same time! =)

Vapok
  • Options
    wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    How would I get "in" with this mysterious dance party when I don't own a smartphone? It sounds exciting & I'd rather not miss out

• Options
    wrccitroen wrote: »
    How would I get "in" with this mysterious dance party when I don't own a smartphone? It sounds exciting & I'd rather not miss out

If you don't own a smart phone, a few days before PAX, send me a forum PM, and I'll fill you in on deets! =)

Vapok
  • Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Even though this is my third PAX East, I've never stayed in Boston for PAX and this is my first year with the three-day pass and hotel accommodations. Can someone tell me more about /dance?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I enjoy nothing more than a good /dance. Looking forward to it!!

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    Even though this is my third PAX East, I've never stayed in Boston for PAX and this is my first year with the three-day pass and hotel accommodations. Can someone tell me more about /dance?

It's grown over the past two years, but basically, I show up with some music, a loud sound system, plenty of excitement somewhere in the BCEC, and throw down some dancing music. The past two years, it's been late on Saturday night. If you take a look at the OP of this thread, you'll see how I am sending out that information. If you don't have a smart phone, shoot me a forum PM a few days before PAX and I'll give you the scoop!

Vapok
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    FOLKS.. HAVE I GOT SURPRISES FOR YOU!

Now... I don't want to spoil all of the surprises in one post, so I'll leave it at this.

If you are making plans to attend /dance... and want to be involved in a small project during /dance...

Send me a PM. I need some helpers.

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • Options
    Ben James BenBen James Ben Registered User new member
    Vapok wrote: »
    The past two years, it's been late on Saturday night.
    In past years, how late was "late"? (I will be day-tripping, and I was just wondering whether the dance might take place while I'm there. If so, I'll be one of the smartphone-less ones PMing you for details.)

• Options
    2011 went to the close of the convention center but we had people hopping in and out the entire night.

• Options
    2011 went to the close of the convention center but we had people hopping in and out the entire night.
    Vapok wrote: »
    The past two years, it's been late on Saturday night.
    In past years, how late was "late"? (I will be day-tripping, and I was just wondering whether the dance might take place while I'm there. If so, I'll be one of the smartphone-less ones PMing you for details.)

We will start Saturday late (10:30PM) and typically will go to very close to the close of PAX (I expect 12:30AM-1AM).

Vapok
  • Options
    ruggratruggrat Registered User regular
    I'm also smartphone-less, but I'm totally looking forward to some surprise /dancing.

• Options
    OMG! /DANCE IS ALMOST HERE!

Folks that have PM'ed me, I HAVE NOT forgotten about you. Details are still coming together, and I'll should be wrangling everyone together soonish! (read: this week!)

Who's ready to DANCE?!

So, more details will be revealed as PAX nears!

Polish Those Dancing Shoes!

Vapok
  • Options
    Axelsgurl4lifeAxelsgurl4life Potsdam,NYRegistered User regular
    This is my first ever PAX! I am so excited!!!!

• Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Really excited for this. I remember finding this by accident 2 years ago just because I heard the music. Best time ever.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    This should be fun!

Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • Options
    DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    I just want to dance my silly lil butt off ;)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Folks! Be on the look out for /dance information coming out next week!

All of you with PM's to me that I haven't responded to, I haven't forgotten about you. I don't want to give out premature information quite yet.

Lastly, there's no costume contest, but I'll give everyone that shows up to /dance in a costume an Authentic Vapokian High Five(TM)!

Like the Black Eyed Peas say, "Tonight's gonna be a good night!"

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT!

PAX East 2013 /dance Party will feature Guest disc jockey DJ P0LARI5 coming to us all the way from L.A.! He'll be turning the plates and stringing together the hottest in house, electronica, nerdcore, dance music!

Looking forward to a great night of awesome music and some spontaneous dancing!

FAQ #1:
    Q: Can I wear a costume?
    A: Holy Shit Balls YES! We love our costumes! However, come dressed however you are!

FAQ #2:
    Q: Please tell me you're not going to do a Harlem Shake?
    A: Talk about a meme that died out pretty quickly. I had thought about it.. however... it might not be well received! We'll see!

FAQ #3:
    Q: I don't have a smartphone, but want to dance!
    A: Check out the Drunken Moogle's website for details! http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/pax-east-parties-2013 (Scroll Down and look for the Microsoft Tag!)

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    OH GOD WHAT HAVE I AGREED TO.

Seriously though, really looking forward to bringing you guys the tunes! I promise it'll be a blast! :)

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Nice!

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to this :)

• Options
    galateagalatea Registered User regular
    Whoever took the video of the Harlem Shake, will you post here if/when it is up on the Internets?