As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Forum Badges

• RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm in for one as well... if it's not too late.

• Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    It's perfect, as always, Kropotkin!

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Excellent work as always. Can't wait to get one!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2013

Not too late to get one, just too late to get your name on it, as that closed the other day.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Just a reminder, posting in this thread will get your name on the rear of the badge, but it is not a "reservation" for a badge. There will definitely be enough for everyone, if any previous year is an indicator. You'll have to either hit up the BYOC desk for one or obtain one at one of the pre-pax events where they are present (usually the MMT, pre pax dinner, and at least one boardgaming area).

zerzhul on
  • euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    Count me in!

Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Not too late to get one, just too late to get your name on it, as that closed the other day.
    Just a reminder, posting in this thread will get your name on the rear of the badge, but it is not a "reservation" for a badge. There will definitely be enough for everyone, if any previous year is an indicator. You'll have to either hit up the BYOC desk for one or obtain one at one of the pre-pax events where they are present (usually the MMT, pre pax dinner, and at least one boardgaming area).

No worries... I can always write my handle on it with a sharpie, lol. The one I have from a couple years ago just had a black space for your handle. I'll be at the Pre-PAX gaming at the Westin, is that a good place to pick it up?

No worries... I can always write my handle on it with a sharpie, lol. The one I have from a couple years ago just had a black space for your handle. I'll be at the Pre-PAX gaming at the Westin, is that a good place to pick it up?

Yes, that's still the case (the blank spot on the front). I mean about having your name listed on the badge back. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26056371/#Comment_26056371

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    Aww yeah, first time getting my name on the back. Can't wait to pick up my notice at PAX!!!

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
  • treezatreeza Registered User regular
    Hahaha, it looks great Kropotkin! You are a star!! (*)
    I will be present for training!

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i would like one to how do i get one i dont see any instructions

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the 208 people who participated in this thread and helping making the Forum Badge possible. Here be the back of the badge:
    130309-PAX-East-2013-FB_BACK_FINAL_zps6de23f2f.jpg

I sense a distinct lack of Khoo...
    Other than that, these are definitely kick ass :)

JQ1qRPt.png
    edited March 2013
    i would like one to how do i get one i dont see any instructions
    You'll have to either hit up the BYOC desk for one or obtain one at one of the pre-pax events where they are present (usually the MMT, pre pax dinner, and at least one boardgaming area).
    Greetings all! PAX East approaches ever so quickly and it's not time to reveal the questions that will be asked by Enforcers at the BYOC desk, if you pick up the badge from there:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX East community event:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup
    * Pkoecrawl Drinking Tournament
    * Buttoneering 2013

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?

Moe Fwacky or zerzhul

5) What is the theme for the PAX East 2013 forum badge?

Office Space

6) What colour scheme does the PAX East 2013 Forum badge front have?

Black and white photocopy

7) What item of 'flair' is traded at PAX?

Buttons

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that gives out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

10) What creature is there a picture of on the right hand side of the PAX community shield?

A Fish

zerzhul on
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Ah, thanks!
    Somehow I missed that too.

Tattooing it on my arm tonight.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    I edited it into the OP so it's a little easier to find. Since these are the forum badges though, I think there's some expectation that people have been paying attention to the thread :)

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    As always, it looks fantastic Kropotkin! Can't wait to get my hands on one next week!

signature.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Temig wrote: »
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the 208 people who participated in this thread and helping making the Forum Badge possible. Here be the back of the badge:
    130309-PAX-East-2013-FB_BACK_FINAL_zps6de23f2f.jpg

I sense a distinct lack of Khoo...
    Other than that, these are definitely kick ass :)

Noooo! I knew I missed something! Ah well, too late now.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Thanks for getting me in! I can't wait to pick it up.

Here be the badges, all printed out and stuff. I took the liberty of taking mine first! I hope no one minds :)
    Forum_Badge_Finished_zps570d3580.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Woot! I can't wait to get mine!

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Here be the badges, all printed out and stuff. I took the liberty of taking mine first! I hope no one minds :)

I mind.... =D

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular

Lovely.

• KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »

I mind.... =D

Take it up with Customer Service. He filed the proper TPS reports in triplicate to get a pre-badge. Or did he...... :-)

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
    Kazamagd wrote: »

I mind.... =D

Take it up with Customer Service. He filed the proper TPS reports in triplicate to get a pre-badge. Or did he...... :-)

Yeah, but I have a red stapler and a box of matches.

Vapok
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Looks great kropotkin! Can't wait to get one :)

0j92muX.png
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Kazamagd wrote: »

I mind.... =D

Yeah, but I have a red stapler and a box of matches.

Don't worry. I already put strychnine in the guacamole.

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone have a map or an approximate location of the BYOC desk where we can get the badges? I know this has prevented me from getting one in the past....

edited March 2013
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    This may be a dumb question, but does anyone have a map or an approximate location of the BYOC desk where we can get the badges? I know this has prevented me from getting one in the past....

@JayDfromMA - Not a problem. The BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) is located in the "Intel PC Room" marked on the currently available maps (I'll provide a link in a minute). Located on Southwest B2 Level 0. You can access the PC Room either by walking out of the back of the Expo Hall, Out of the Table Top area, or from the Southwest Side of Level 1 via escalators. Once you're in the PC room, the BYOC area is in the back side.. and there are LARGE registration desks back there. If you get lost, simply find an Enforcer, and they'll point you in the correct direction. If all else fails, ask any Enforcer where Vapok (that's me) is, and that'll get you there. =)

Level 0:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZUKORWE.jpg
    Geth can't handle the maps

Level 1
    http://i.imgur.com/WKltSAm.jpg
    Geth can't handle the maps

Vapok on
    Vapok
    Many thanks. I should be able to actually get mine this year!

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Great work Kropotkin, I'm pretty happy with how everything came together. :D

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Lookin' good!

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Kropotkin .... this sleepy kitty is wondering if you know which of the 3 gaming rooms you will be in at the Westin so I can retrieve my badge ? Or will they perhaps be at the Cookie Brigade table where it would entice everyone to buy cookies and support child's play?

Kropotkin .... this sleepy kitty is wondering if you know which of the 3 gaming rooms you will be in at the Westin so I can retrieve my badge ? Or will they perhaps be at the Cookie Brigade table where it would entice everyone to buy cookies and support child's play?

There are THREE gaming rooms? Oh right. Well I'll tour around them handing out badges before settling down to play a game. I shall let the Cookie Brigade station know where I'm sitting before I do start playing games.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I see that I have been removed from the user list on the badge. That's understandable. I missed the last two PAXes because I had this girlfriend that loved video games, yet she wouldn't go to PAX with me. :(

As you may have guessed, we are not together anymore. :)

As the prophecy states, the great mentok1982 will make his triumphant return at PAX Prime 2013! I look forward to seeing you all again!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    Sorry Mentok. If you didn't post on this thread, you don't get on the list :(

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• BarkBark Registered User regular
    Really looking forward to this. Thanks kropotkin!

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    couldn't find you at gamenight kropotkin so I'll just get mine at the BYOC desk tomorrow. Thanks again!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    Forum badges have been dropped off at the BYOC desk so you can pick them up until 4pm on Sunday.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks, kropotkin, for doing the forum badges again this year. They looked great! I don't expect you to remember us, but my husband and I finally met you at board game night at the Westin (he was wearing a bow tie, if that helps). It was nice to finally put a face to the forum handle.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Kropotkin - I never saw you after the Pre PAX dinner to tell you that it would have been a ton of fun to give people multiple badges over the weekend. You know, since they hadn't read it.

Well done, as always, and thanks a million! And... Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    Kropotkin, the badge looked wonderful! Thank you!