As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Beer Steins - East run

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I've searched the thread and haven't seen an answer to this, and if information is coming, awesome. How will we know who to head to at each of the various events to pick up our orders?
    Well, you can pick them up from me, @Punzie, or @gigabrain at J. J. Foley's, I'll have them at the pigroast, and @gigabrain will have them at the Westin BoardGame of Thrones. I'm sure @Punzie will correct me if I'm wrong. . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Khadour wrote: »
    I've searched the thread and haven't seen an answer to this, and if information is coming, awesome. How will we know who to head to at each of the various events to pick up our orders?
    Well, you can pick them up from me, @Punzie, or @gigabrain at J. J. Foley's, I'll have them at the pigroast, and @gigabrain will have them at the Westin BoardGame of Thrones. I'm sure @Punzie will correct me if I'm wrong. . .

That's pretty fluffing accurate right there. I figured Tuesday and Wednesday are small enough crowds and enough people there know us that just you'd only have to ask 2 people, at most, before being directed to the correct person. Thursday I expect to be fairly obvious as there should be a BOATLOAD of steins sitting next to giga.
    The during pax meet ups you'll be looking for me (unless @khadour or @gigabrain want to set up additional ones) and will, hopefully, again be obvious as I'll be the lady standing there with boxes of steins.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited March 2013
    pikcup times posted:
    PrePAX:
    Tuesday - gaming at JJ Foley's
    Wednesday - pig roast
    Thursday - Westin gamnight

During PAX:
    Friday - 6-6:30pm @ Westin mezzanine
    Saturday - 9-9:30am @ Westin mezzanine
    Sunday - 12-12:30pm @ Westin mezzanine

PostPAX:
    I want them gone by this point BUT I might be able to make a Sunday evening and/or Monday day pickup time. MAYBE. (Don't count on this.)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular

Look for the person with the huge pile of boxes and steins. Trust me, it'll be easy to find them, even if you don't know what they look like.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    pikcup times posted:
    PrePAX:
    Wednesday - pig roast

During PAX:

PostPAX:
    I want them gone by this point BUT I might be able to make a Sunday evening and/or Monday day pickup time. MAYBE. (Don't count on this.)

Stupid question but those hours to pick up the steins during PAX...It's 6pm-6:30pm correct? Hmmmmm, I'm supposed to be in a tourney at that time...Is there any way I could pick it up at a different time/place? Say would it be easy, simple & convenient for you to drop one off at the byoc desk Friday morning or perhaps at the Westin in the morning or maybe I could meet up with you in the Queue Room before 10AM? Whatever happens though I definitely don't wanna put you out cause you're probably a little stressed (to say the least) by the workload as it is

wrccitroen wrote: »
    pikcup times posted:
    PrePAX:
    Wednesday - pig roast

During PAX:

PostPAX:

Stupid question but those hours to pick up the steins during PAX...It's 6pm-6:30pm correct? Hmmmmm, I'm supposed to be in a tourney at that time...Is there any way I could pick it up at a different time/place? Say would it be easy, simple & convenient for you to drop one off at the byoc desk Friday morning or perhaps at the Westin in the morning or maybe I could meet up with you in the Queue Room before 10AM? Whatever happens though I definitely don't wanna put you out cause you're probably a little stressed (to say the least) by the workload as it is

Note that there are pickup times on Saturday and Sunday as well. . . if those still aren't meeting your needs, you mentioned BYOC - are you in BYOC this year? If so, I can probably arrange a pickup in there . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Just received 175 beer steins at work. I am now the receiving department's hero. Downside - one of the steins was broken in transit, so we need to get that one replaced.

xWDsUaZ.png

Well I only have a Friday pass...& I'm not in the BYOC but I'll be going there to pick up my forum badge :D So yeah, the last thing I wanna do is create MORE work for people...worst comes to worst I can get my stein mailed to me :)

• APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just re-checked my invoice and noticed I put my apartment as my delivery location. It shouldn't be a huge issue if that's where they're sent, but is it too late to change where my steins ship? I'm skittish about letting packages sit in our mail room.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
    Well I only have a Friday pass...& I'm not in the BYOC but I'll be going there to pick up my forum badge :D So yeah, the last thing I wanna do is create MORE work for people...worst comes to worst I can get my stein mailed to me :)
    Are you going to be in town on Saturday or Sunday? The pick up locations are in the Westin, so it does not require a PAX pass to enter . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

edited March 2013
    APacMan wrote: »
    I just re-checked my invoice and noticed I put my apartment as my delivery location. It shouldn't be a huge issue if that's where they're sent, but is it too late to change where my steins ship? I'm skittish about letting packages sit in our mail room.

As the steins have not shipped out yet, you should be able to PM @Punzie and get your shipping information updated.

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

APacMan wrote: »

As the steins have not shipped out yet, you should be able to PM @Punzie and get your shipping information updated.

Done, thanks a million!

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Are you going to be in town on Saturday or Sunday? The pick up locations are in the Westin, so it does not require a PAX pass to enter . . .

No :( I'll just PM Punzie & have her ship me mine :) Thanks for the help though!

edited March 2013
    Actually on second thought, If someone wanted to be a hero (or heroine) perhaps they could pick up my stein for me at a pre-PAX event & meet up with me sometime Friday (Queue Room Friday morning perhaps?) If it's worth their time & energy I'd give a couple bucks, feel free to PM me :)

wrccitroen on
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Evidently the Geth like beer.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    edited March 2013
    pikcup times posted:
    PrePAX:
    Wednesday - pig roast

During PAX:

PostPAX:

Friday is especially difficult for me. That 6pm is my first "free" time that day (in quotes because it isn't really free time. expect to see me eating and/or distracted). Not only am I NOT available that morning, but I am not carrying glasses into the BCEC (all the meet ups are in the Westin because that's where the glasses will be. minimal pack-muling ftw). Or trying to find someone in the super crowd that will be in the queue room (that's just is not feasible).
    I might be able to do a late night meetup on Friday, say 11pm? But I'm pretty sure that would have too low of a turnout to be worthwhile. (Getting back to Westin, to my room, get steins, return to mezzanine and then reverse it at the end = ~30 minutes on top of the time I'm actually standing there for pickups.)

Alternatives:
    1. Beg @khadour or @gigabrain to do an additional meetup.
    2. Post pax, I'll be contacting anyone who didn't pick up their stein and giving them the chance to pay shipping to get it. As I plan to go into a coma after pax, don't expect that until about a week after. Also, expect me to be annoyed with anyone who doesn't pick up at pax just because they know this is an option. Boo extra work.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    still so sad I missed this. AGAIN!

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Don't know what time Ill be getting in to Boston on Thursday, but with any luck ill be able to make it to the Westin gaming night to pick up my steins (and forum badge).

0j92muX.png

No worries Punzie I totally smell what you're cooking...If worse comes to worse you'll just have an extra mug (Not too worried about it, $8 isn't a huge loss) But in the meantime...khadour or gigabrain, what are your guys (or girls) schedules for Friday? I have a mug that needs delivering & I'll give a couple bucks if somebody wants to meet up with me & hand it over (If it's not worth it that's ok, I'm a cheap skate & I don't see myself changing between now & PAX lol)

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    The Game Night on Thursday starts at 4, right?
    I'll be getting to Boston around 3pm and I'm not too sure how well I'll be able to get to any of the other pickup times but if that's starting so early, I should be able to get there with no issue. :)

• SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    pikcup times posted:
    PrePAX:
    Wednesday - pig roast

During PAX:

PostPAX:

Punzie do you have a twitter handle in case we are unable to locate you?

Punzie do you have a twitter handle in case we are unable to locate you?

Yes! I meant to post this. I'm sewingpunzie on twitter. I do try to post where I am a lot, but last year I was able to receive messages much more reliably than send them (so don't use it to ask me something time-sensitive).

HI3789R.png
    Just noticed some people filled out the stein order form the day after I called it closed. @katstrawder and @Thunderous_T, you did not make it on the order list. IF (and that's a big if), a postPAX order happens or some people just never get their steins and are unreachable, that info will be posted in this thread later.

HI3789R.png
    Just dropped off steins for packaging. They may or may not be ready for gamenight tonight. Steins that were ordered naked (without a box) will be available at JJ Foley's tonight. Anyone who ordered theirs to be shipped, that won't happen until after PAX. Because Punzie is in OMFG SO MUCH TO DO AND PAX IS ALREADY HERE mode.

HI3789R.png
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Just thought I'd share I picked mine up not too long ago at the games night at the Westin and wow. They are freaking awesome. Thank you again to punzie for putting this together

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • kikura1kikura1 Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd share I picked mine up not too long ago at the games night at the Westin and wow. They are freaking awesome. Thank you again to punzie for putting this together

Lucky, I got there just as they brought them upstairs. Tomorrow is another day.

• GerryGerry Registered User new member
    What Westin is this located in? I couldn't make the pickup spots yet.

Gerry wrote: »
    What Westin is this located in? I couldn't make the pickup spots yet.
    The Westin attached to the BCEC.

xWDsUaZ.png

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Wheres the westin mezzanine, the entrance? gotta get mine today.

• ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    Idk were that is either. I came across the bridge into westin an now sitting near the bar. Deff cant wait to pick these up

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    OMG, my plans for the pre-gaming night got screwed and I forgot to pick it up. I had no internet access during the con, so I totally forgot. Can I please make shipping arangements for it? I will be more than willing to pay extra...

Thank you all for doing this, awesome mug!

• SuzerainSuzerain The One And Only! MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Picked up 2, would love another if you have an extra.

• The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Not only do they look great, but they are pretty damn strong. Mine fell out of my bag at one point in tabletop. Not even a scratch on it, love them!

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    just wanted to thank you! Love my new stein!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So I totally forgot about picking up my stein...

edited April 2013
    Shot of it in use!
    483790_10151319296692397_62002312_n.jpg

Triiipledot on
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys, I've had a bunch of unfortunate junk keeping me busy since PAX. I'm behind on EVERYTHING. I have shipped to a couple people who paid for shipping. The other ones should go out in the next couple weeks. I wish I could go faster, but I've been temporarily displaced from my house (nothing serious, don't worry). I will also be sending messages to those who did not pick up their steins and invoices for them to pay for shipping. Hopefully I'll get those done this week.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    ... Hopefully I'll get those done this week.

I'm ashamed to say I totally forgot about my steins! Very much looking forward to seeing them in the mail. Thank you again for being awesome.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yes, I forgot also! Please let me know how much shipping is and I'll gladly pay for it!

This discussion has been closed.