As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have you ever recommended the AC to other artists?

bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
edited January 2013 in Artist's Corner
Do you tell everybody you see how much you love (or hate) the AC? Are you ashamed to even post here but keep crawling back? What do you tell them about it if you do?

bombardier on

Have you ever recommended the AC to other artists? 82 votes

Yes, I recommend this shit to everyone!
19% 16 votes
Yes, I have recommended it to friends, but not random people on the internet.
48% 40 votes
No, I worry that people would be dumb and not read the rules, and it would be partially my fault.
8% 7 votes
No, an increase of active posters in the AC is not something that interests me.
0% 0 votes
No, never thought to.
15% 13 votes
I'm embarassed to even be looking at this forum right now.
7% 6 votes

• Options
    At work once- I forgot how this happened, I think I linked to something on my webspace as a joke and it snowballed- someone happened upon my internet persona on here at a time when the chat thread was helpfully titled, "Let's [CHAT] about Angel_of_Bacon's boobies". D:

Pretty sure it's for the best that I try to keep the worlds apart for the sake of my career/real life friendships...too many instances of me saying and drawing stupid things that would be embarrassing out of context that I would have to play down otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPG3YMcSvzo&t=20s

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    That is amazing, AoB

...and I recommend this place to a lot of people, but I think many I mention it to IRL tend to be hesitant if they're not used to the idea of forum-ing...(also, I think the idea that we're ultra-meanies is still pretty prevalent in other areas of PA...even though things here are much different compared to a few years ago, I get that impression that non-regulars haven't really been around to see that change).

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've tried to pull some people in, but I've only been successful a couple times. Forums heavily out weigh my internet activities in other places (FB, tumblr, DA,) so I feel like people I recommend this to already have a "base" for their internet activity, and don't see the benefit of another.

Sometimes people get pulled in by a really good crit, or insightful, thoughtful comments. Fly by postings never garner the same type of input as people who are really trying to hack it, so I think some people from DA/Tumblr that I've recommend this too don't see it as a useful outlet for them.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    This place is pretty rad though.

PA:AC 4 LYFE <3

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I've recommended it to a couple people, but I don't think its ever gotten any purchase.

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    I actually just recommended the forums to someone on tumblr. I think it is a great place for people who want an active community rather than a social network.

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    No, and I don't really know any other artists.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    Monkeybox recommended AC to me. I have not passed it on yet, this is still my first 6 months.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I've recommended it to people, especially friends who are trying to learn to draw.

I don't think I've ever seen one of them show up here.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    TheJoeTheJoe Registered User regular
    I stumbled here after finally checking out penny arcade website after a reddit AMA. I wish someone showed me this sooner, but then again I've only been actively looking for some kind of drawing forum for two months, I don't know anyone else that really draws, so ... ya. There was no hope for word-of-mouth for me to begin with.

• Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    I've talked to a few artists on the Internet about the forum but not desperately getting them to join

• Options
    SeraphSwordSeraphSword Sketch Fetishist Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've recommended this to anyone, but no-one in my social circle is really into art. I mostly wound up here because the Drawing Board became a wasteland and this is a bit less overwhelming than CA (where I used to post a lot). This place has a good mix of talented folks and aspiring artists, which is essential in a good forum.

Mastery is the result of ceaseless error, combined with ruthless self-appraisal.
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    I have a question that you could do a poll on bomby.

Does anyone know ac people IRL... y'know cuz it ties in with this question. If you recommended the forum to friends irl then... y'know...

o never mind :C

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I have no friends. I've recommended this to myself though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    @molybdenum and I just recommended this to a friend today, let's hope he takes the bait

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    TheJoeTheJoe Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I have no friends. I've recommended this to myself though.

On that note, if I ever start to hear voices I'll be sure to recommend this place to them.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I've told a few people to stop by here.

• Options
    jwaddjwadd Registered User regular
    If i had more friend that drew pictures i would tell them to hang out here, but im forever arone

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    It comes up more often than I'd have guessed, whenever people ask me how I got started in art or how I came to know X, where X is any of the awesome artists I befriended in these here parts.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    spawnoftheEDspawnoftheED Multimedia Designer New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I hang out with a lot of other artist and designers but i don't think they really care to join forums.