As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Incursion: d20 Roguelike

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I just rolled a new character and for some reason I have a lance. I don't want it equipped as I'm a monk. Strangely enough in the first room I found a horse. I can't seem to mount it. I can't find information on either on the control table list dealie.

You need the ride skill. You can drop the lance. You probably rolled it and didnt notice.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »
    So I just rolled a new character and for some reason I have a lance. I don't want it equipped as I'm a monk. Strangely enough in the first room I found a horse. I can't seem to mount it. I can't find information on either on the control table list dealie.

You need the ride skill. You can drop the lance. You probably rolled it and didnt notice.
    Thanks man, horse is now dead for the curious.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BUG: I'm a monk with a blessed Quarterstaff +1 of warning and my attack rolls are all 1d8-8.
    I've got a positive STR modifier.

Hiravaxis on
    edited August 2007
    BUG: A spellstiched bone delver stole that staff and is now wielding it against me. Blessed!

Edit: Huh.. I killed it and now it's not blessed anymore... feh..

Hiravaxis on
  • EstocEstoc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow, party AI needs an overhaul. What happens when a party of a human druid, a dwarf and halfing (both rogues), and a bard (me) fights a single giant tortoise? The shit hits the fan. Druid summons a buch of shit, dwarf arrow'd one of them on accident, then it turns into a massive free-for-all with the bard just standing there all D:. The halfing goes down quick to a summoned flaming sphere, the dwarf takes cover in the trees summoned by the druid, and then the summoned critters turn on me. In the chaos I ran from, I don't even know if the tortoise got whacked or not. Being a bard ain't easy. :P

Estoc on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Estoc wrote: »
    Wow, party AI needs an overhaul. What happens when a party of a human druid, a dwarf and halfing (both rogues), and a bard (me) fights a single giant tortoise? The shit hits the fan. Druid summons a buch of shit, dwarf arrow'd one of them on accident, then it turns into a massive free-for-all with the bard just standing there all D:. The halfing goes down quick to a summoned flaming sphere, the dwarf takes cover in the trees summoned by the druid, and then the summoned critters turn on me. In the chaos I ran from, I don't even know if the tortoise got whacked or not. Being a bard ain't easy. :P

Other than it being a summoned creature that got nailed and not a player, this is not entirely unlike half the DnD games I've played in.

piL on
  • JourneymanJourneyman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know there's a new version
    of the game on the website that fixes a whole BUNCH
    of different things. Things mentioned here that aren't
    fixed yet, I'm going to take a good look at really soon
    now. I _am_ reading, even if I don't say much. :)

Have fun!

Journeyman on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was wondering, how does one gain psionic skills or "wild talents" during play? Are they only given during stat rolling or something? Also, I don't see the new version on the website :?

BlueDestiny on
    edited August 2007
    I was wondering, how does one gain psionic skills or "wild talents" during play? Are they only given during stat rolling or something? Also, I don't see the new version on the website :?

Hmm, I see it there. Try refreshing the page in your browser.

You only get a psionic power as a perk at the beginning if you roll one. It's really more a preview of psionics; there's no psionic class yet, but there will be in RotF.

Journeyman on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ah, had to clear my browser cache. Thanks for the info too.

BlueDestiny on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is there a trick to using a barbarian's spellbreaker ability that I am missing? Attempts to sunder unattended objects crash the game.
    Journeyman wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Have fun!
    Excellent. A steady stream of fixes and updates are what keeps me loving this type of game. Good work.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lizardman rogue. Sneak, sneak, sneak. Lay waste to a small fire elemental. Sneak, sneak, sneak. Bonk another elemental. Open a chest. Take a bunch of coins. Can't close the chest and move on, no matter what I do. Can't close the program normally. Exiting through the task manager crashes Incursion.

Loaded my save game. Sneak, sneak, sneak. Suddenly, we change the channel from Lizard Guy Slinks About the Shadows to Revenge of the Fire Elementals. In a last gasp effort, I try to crush one of the things with a mighty blow and wind up accidentally grappling with it, instead.

Loaded my save game again. Currently wandering about and poking stuff in the ass in what I think is a firm, somewhat vicious manner. Haven't encountered any enemies in a while, which makes me very, very nervous.

EDIT: Stumbled upon an orc bandit. We were both incredibly surprised to see each other. He reacts first and tosses a javelin at me, barely missing something that I'm sure was vital. I attempt to grapple and fail. He swings low and wounds me terribly. I bull rush him and we both slip on the ice, then I hit him with one of my great blows and kill him instantly. One of his friends rounds the corner and throws a javelin at my melon.

I reload my save.

Liquid Ghost on
  • InkoateInkoate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Journeyman,
    Just an FYI, I tried to email you about incursion last night, and got a bounce back saying that your email address (the one listed on the website) was over quota. Don't know if you know that your emails are bouncing, so I thought I'd let you know.

Inkoate on
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
  • DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Maeve. <3

(Yeah, I'm going drow now)

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hate things that are in rar archives, does anyone know a good free package for windows which will unrar them so I can use them.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    tbloxham wrote: »
    I hate things that are in rar archives, does anyone know a good free package for windows which will unrar them so I can use them.
    Uh, WinRAR? It's nagware, or at least the version I use is, which is close enough to free for me.

http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

Orogogus on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    tbloxham wrote: »
    http://www.7-zip.org/

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited August 2007
    Darn... I got some cool armor of invulnerability (non-magic weapons) for my rogue in the character creation, except it's Heavy Armor. I guess that just means Viconia is going priest on level 2, but it'd be nice to be able to examine the perk stuff before having to choose.

Oh yea... I guess Journeyman's played some Baldur's Gate if the name generator is any indication. :)

---

Hmm. Can I destroy warding runes somehow? I want to set this dragon guy free.

Also, most of the stuff in the [Y] menu need some way to cancel the action. I don't really want to reak anything in my inventory!

Noo! My 1 uncursed gold piece was destroyed!

DeepQantas on
    m~
    edited August 2007
    Journeyman,
    If their is any way to make save games compatible.. please do so..
    I'm loving this game.. but I'm not loving being a 1st level character.

Also, Got a cloak of the bat (awesome item) and changing out of bat form puts me to 95% health..

Hiravaxis on
    edited August 2007
    DeepQantas wrote: »
    Darn... I got some cool armor of invulnerability (non-magic weapons) for my rogue in the character creation, except it's Heavy Armor. I guess that just means Viconia is going priest on level 2, but it'd be nice to be able to examine the perk stuff before having to choose.

Oh yea... I guess Journeyman's played some Baldur's Gate if the name generator is any indication. :)

---

Hmm. Can I destroy warding runes somehow? I want to set this dragon guy free.

Also, most of the stuff in the [Y] menu need some way to cancel the action. I don't really want to reak anything in my inventory!

Noo! My 1 uncursed gold piece was destroyed!

open up the options you can choose your perks before you choose your class.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    edited August 2007
    Hey folks,

Have fun!
    This is awesome

You are awesome.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    edited August 2007
    Hm. Gauntlets of lightning should count as weapons as far as the "You are empty handed" popups are concerned. Actually... it seems like enemies are getting AoO's as well when I'm trying to use them for melee so dunno what's going on there.

Oh, and my enemies are getting AoO's if I try to punch them while grappling, too.

Oh, and if I don't see hiding enemies, shouldn't I be allowed to hide? That "can't hide near hostile monsters" message gives away that there are monsters around at all.

Oh, and I probably shouldn't get "Listen Check (number vs number): Failed!" messages either seeing as how I'm not supposed to have heard anything.

Oh, and that worked, Goum. Thanks.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Maeve. <3

Man I hate Maeve. I finally reach DLevel 2 with my ranger and I'm wandering around when I come across this rainbow colored room. It hasn't hit me that it's her altar yet, because I'm focusing on the hostile drow roaming the middle of the room. So I sneak up and stab him in the back, success, flawless victory. His lifeless corpse apparently lands on the altar and Maeve booms some crazy shit about how this is an unacceptable sacrafice. She starts summoning her agents but for whatever reason her agents aren't angry with me. At this point I have no idea what is going on but want to get the hell off this level. I make it 3 steps before she summons 50 owlbears around me who all get first strike. The problem with this death is I don't even know what I did wrong. Was it because I killed a Drow on the altar? Doesn't the bitch hate them so shouldn't that be a really good thing to be dead?

To top it off, she's never even aided me once. I could be dying of poison, disease, low health, and she will restore my goddamn mana.

If anything else, autosac is a bad, bad setting that doesn't seem to be configureable at this point in time. Gonna check the new version.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Oh and any rogue / other melee class people want to chime in with what the key feats that I don't want to miss are?

I got ambidexterity, so I assume I don't need two weapon fighting? Do I need flaurent or whatever that skill is that allows your off hand to be the same size or does ambidexterity cover that too? If I understand right, ambidex removes all offhand penalties? This game has way more feats than any D&D game I ever recall playing, and since I never did the pen and paper thing, it's difficult trying to process how many of these I need. I'm basically just trying to build a survivable two-hand fighting rogue with emphasis on stealth.

I also grabbed combat expertise I believe, the feat that allows you 1+dexmod number of attacks of opportunity. It sounded pretty awesome. I was eyeing larcenous since disarming traps seems to be good exp but figured I may be able to get by with just stat dumping massive points into handle device (and hope they never backfire).

Edit: WOW the font in the new version is MUCH more readable. Nice job.

skace on
    steam_sig.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    skace wrote: »
    Maeve. <3

Man I hate Maeve. I finally reach DLevel 2 with my ranger and I'm wandering around when I come across this rainbow colored room. It hasn't hit me that it's her altar yet, because I'm focusing on the hostile drow roaming the middle of the room. So I sneak up and stab him in the back, success, flawless victory. His lifeless corpse apparently lands on the altar and Maeve booms some crazy shit about how this is an unacceptable sacrafice. She starts summoning her agents but for whatever reason her agents aren't angry with me. At this point I have no idea what is going on but want to get the hell off this level. I make it 3 steps before she summons 50 owlbears around me who all get first strike. The problem with this death is I don't even know what I did wrong. Was it because I killed a Drow on the altar? Doesn't the bitch hate them so shouldn't that be a really good thing to be dead?

To top it off, she's never even aided me once. I could be dying of poison, disease, low health, and she will restore my goddamn mana.

If anything else, autosac is a bad, bad setting that doesn't seem to be configureable at this point in time. Gonna check the new version.

Bug? Could he have been her priest or something?
    http://incursion.wikidot.com/gods#toc9

KiTA on
    edited August 2007
    Re: Maeve and drow

Maeve likes it when you sacrifice drow to her, unless
    she's bugged (which, let's face it, is entirely possible).
    Further, there are no temple-minding priests in the
    nethack/adom sense in Incursion (yet) -- so you don't
    have to worry about killing Maeve's priest.

When you kill a creature standing on an altar in
    Incursion, you are automatically considered to have
    sacrificed that creature to the altar's god. It's not a
    convenience feature; it's very delibrately a tactical
    factor you need to stay aware of. Unexpected live-
    sac is dangerous by design.

I'm trying to decipher your descriptions here, and
    what I think might have happened is that the altar
    in fact belonged to some other god, and you killed
    the drow and sacced her to that other god, and
    Maeve got jealous -- Incursion gods give retribution
    when you follow them and make a sacrifice to a god
    they don't have an "understanding" with; for Maeve,
    IIRC, that's just about everyone.

As I've said before, Maeve is by definition a "cursed"
    god. The best strategy for elves may be to collect
    jewelry items, convert to a different god, then try
    to sacrifice enough to Maeve to calm her down so
    she doesn't kill you for betraying her. Ideally, you
    kill as little as possible before doing this, so that
    you don't get XP ticks that bring on interventions
    from Maeve that might be things like hostiles being
    summoned around you, or you getting polymorphed.

skace, you can tell what types of aid your god is
    able to give you with the Seek Insight option when
    you pray. This requires nothing but a successful
    Theology skill check.

----

I just posted this on another board; since people
    are having alignment / party issues here, too, I
    thought I'd copy it here and see if people wanted
    to add anything:

There's been a great deal of feedback so far about
    the "honorable gods", and fixing them is priority #1
    for the next release (after Linux, I mean). I need
    to step back from this and break it down into points,
    so here's what I'm thinking should be done:
    * If an action is honorable at the beginning, it is
    honorable at the end, even if the target became
    prone/afraid. This is challenging to implement, but
    clearly necessary.
    * Apparently, sometimes Attacks of Opportunity don't
    get y/n warnings when they should, which I need to
    investigate. I welcome reproducible steps in this
    area, of course.
    * The guilt message is generated at times when it
    probably shouldn't be -- specifically, neutral good
    characters get it whenever they do anything lawful
    *or* chaotic. This confuses players, thinking they
    have been evil.
    * Either allies need to not attack neutrals, you need
    to not be held responsible when they attack neutrals
    or some combination thereof.
    * The target system needs to be debugged to avoid
    weird cases like enemies that are angry at your
    horse but not at you.

Please feel free to add to this list.

Journeyman on
  • vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Another thing is that summoned creatures will chase after fleeing creatures giving you bad karma. This means that you can't ever use summoned creatures of any kind (which are pretty damn awesome) if you want to stay good. There needs to be a way for you to impose morality on all of your summons. Also when you're about to cast a spell on a fleeing target it needs to have a confirm attack fleeing target prompt like it does for melee.

vhzod on
    edited August 2007
    Journeyman, thanks for that, I suppose that must have been the case.

Hey, got a possible issue for you. With container cursor enabled on the latest version. If you tab from a chest to your own bag, you can't tab back. You can only go back if you do something, such as stow an item and it automatically sends you back to the chest.

Also, any thoughts on adding inspect to the pickup window. I may be the only person who thinks that would be handy, but figured I'd bring it up. So if there were a stack of items and I hit g, the window prompts me for what item I want to pickup and I can inspect right from there if I so choose by hitting x on an item.

skace on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Also, any thoughts on adding inspect to the pickup window. I may be the only person who thinks that would be handy, but figured I'd bring it up. So if there were a stack of items and I hit g, the window prompts me for what item I want to pickup and I can inspect right from there if I so choose by hitting x on an item.
    Much like the MERCHANT screen..
    This would be valuable.

On another topic: I've gained 2 INT by doing things like reading scrolls and blasting wands... What can I do to gain in other specific areas? What's the trigger?

Hiravaxis on
    edited August 2007
    Hiravaxis,

The stat training activities are listed in the
    manual here:
    http://www.incursion-roguelike.org/man/Advent.html#TA

Journeyman on
    edited August 2007
    * The guilt message is generated at times when it
    probably shouldn't be -- specifically, neutral good
    characters get it whenever they do anything lawful
    *or* chaotic. This confuses players, thinking they
    have been evil.
    How about...

"You enjoy your good actions"
    "Your unlawful actions make you feel cunning"
    "You are honored by your lawful actions"
    "You revel in your evil actions"

"You feel stupid about your good actions"
    "You are ashamed for your unlawful actions"
    "You are uncomfortable with your lawful actions"
    "You feel guilty for your evil actions"

Use the positive ones when going towards the right direction. Negative ones when going the wrong direction or when neutral and in danger of changing alignment soon.
    vhzod wrote: »
    Another thing is that summoned creatures will chase after fleeing creatures giving you bad karma. This means that you can't ever use summoned creatures of any kind (which are pretty damn awesome) if you want to stay good. There needs to be a way for you to impose morality on all of your summons. Also when you're about to cast a spell on a fleeing target it needs to have a confirm attack fleeing target prompt like it does for melee.
    Hmm. Maybe it should automatically impose the moral choices from your preferred alignment (set in 'd' menu) on your summons and allies. And in the case of allies it only counts if it happens again and you keep traveling with them or something.

Or maybe a Diplomacy option if your ally is of different alignment? You could ask them to show/not show mercy or act with honor or whatever.

---

Hm. Why do I have +2 or +3 "train" bonus on all my skills? Did I leave some training wheel option on in the menu?

---

"Worship: Mara would never stain her altars with the blood of creatures killed by her clergy, but if an adventuring follower should discover the corpse on an innocent creature killed in a desolate locale far from its home (such as a dungeon), this corpse might be offered on one of her altars so that she might give it a proper burial in her Celestial Graveyard and escort the soul on to its proper afterlife, as is Her metaphysical duty. Respecting the dead in this manner pleases Mara greatly."

Mara <3

I'm really getting into playing this dwarven paladin now. Mara actually punished me for hitting a turned undead in the back by leeching my stats but now I found her altar and helped this polymorphed dragon guy that died in a fight earlier to an afterlife.

Actually that was the same fight where I turned the undead...

Point is, we're cool now, the undead thing got to go his way and the dragon guy rests in peace. I'm really digging all the stories I'm running into.

---

Oh man. I can now cross thru walls and stuff via negative material plane and all I had to do was play nice with people? :)

---

Noo! I didn't play nice with a Multitude Cultist. The first thing he did was cast a spell on himself causing him to be frightened (yeah what?). Then he tried to flee to the back of the room while surrounding me with summoned monsters.

Well, I figured taking a little anger/alignment hit would be worth getting rid of this guy, so I smote his ass to the wall.

But now that Mara is pissed... the walking thru walls ability no longer works! And I'm stuck in this room since the only corridor in here is filled with lava! Game over, man! Game over!

...aand my last phase door potion put me back inside the room. I love this game. :)

---

Heey! The igneous rock is soft enough for digging! Now I'm halfway up the magma stream! I'm only looking at 26d6 damage now.
    http://deepqantas.googlepages.com/damnyoumara.gif

Or uhh... I wonder if magma counts as a liquid. Do I have to do swim checks? D:

Structural integrity is gone so I don't really want to risk digging any further.

---

Oh yeah. I'm a paladin...

"You are thrown from your mount. Your mount is burned by the magma!" - Noo!

Oh crap! Now I'm burning! 6d6 per move hurts! Lay on hands! Lay on hands!

---

Yes! Made it with 28/61 hit points after I ran out of Fatigue Points (for lay on hands).

Divine retribution sure is fun in this game. Too bad about the horsey, tho. He dun burned up in the magma. :(

---

Oh crap. I forgot I went through this flooded base, too.

http://deepqantas.googlepages.com/damnyoumara2.gif

This is too much.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bug: You cannot save the "Automatic Hide in Shadows" option. It always defaults to off.

KiTA on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hm. Gauntlets of lightning should count as weapons as far as the "You are empty handed" popups are concerned. Actually... it seems like enemies are getting AoO's as well when I'm trying to use them for melee so dunno what's going on there.

Oh, and my enemies are getting AoO's if I try to punch them while grappling, too.

gauntlets are not considered a weapon

you do not threaten others when you are unarmed, and you provoke AoOs when you attack creatures that threaten you when you are unarmed

even if the gauntlets grant you a bonus you're still considered unarmed without the improved unarmed strike feat

grapple attempts/ disarm attempts/ bullrushes /trip attempts without the proper feats provoke AoOs from creatures that threaten you.

if whatever you're grappling still threatens you in the grapple, then punching them is similar to punching them when they're not grappled (they're considered flatfooted to everything else but you, though).

kaleedity on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh and any rogue / other melee class people want to chime in with what the key feats that I don't want to miss are?

I got ambidexterity, so I assume I don't need two weapon fighting? Do I need flaurent or whatever that skill is that allows your off hand to be the same size or does ambidexterity cover that too? If I understand right, ambidex removes all offhand penalties? This game has way more feats than any D&D game I ever recall playing, and since I never did the pen and paper thing, it's difficult trying to process how many of these I need. I'm basically just trying to build a survivable two-hand fighting rogue with emphasis on stealth.

I also grabbed combat expertise I believe, the feat that allows you 1+dexmod number of attacks of opportunity. It sounded pretty awesome. I was eyeing larcenous since disarming traps seems to be good exp but figured I may be able to get by with just stat dumping massive points into handle device (and hope they never backfire).

Edit: WOW the font in the new version is MUCH more readable. Nice job.

dnd weapons are categorized into small, medium, and large weapons. Large weapons that are your size are two-handers. Small weapons your size can go in your offhand with no penalty. Normally, with the setup this game has, you need ambidexterity, two-weapon fighting, and a small weapon in your offhand to fight as normal with two weapons -- you still get -2 to hit on all attacks, but you get attacks with both weapons.

I don't remember the precise numbers for each, I think you normally get like -10 to hit with your offhand and -4 to hit with your mainhand with no feats. Ambidexterity sets the offhand to hit equal to your mainhand to hit. The two weapon fighting gives you +2 to hit on both your mainhand and your offhand. Florentine style (or whatever that feat is, it's not a core feat) allows you to use a medium weapon in your offhand with no penalty. Normally if you offhand a medium weapon you get -2 to hit regardless of what you have.

Medium weapons are like longswords, morningstars, and whatnot. Small weapons are pretty much anything smaller than short swords (including short swords).

Recommendation to journey: Trash the ambidexterity feat. The two-weapon fighting feat should cover ambidexterity's penalty as well. 3.5 dnd did this and it's a great idea. two-weapon fighting costs simply too many feats otherwise.

kaleedity on
  • EstocEstoc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    Noo! I didn't play nice with a Multitude Cultist. The first thing he did was cast a spell on himself causing him to be frightened (yeah what?). Then he tried to flee to the back of the room while surrounding me with summoned monsters.
    That's kinda of a bug. He used the Command spell, but apparently the AI doesn't properly target your party; they tend to target themselves with it. A Multitude Cultist kobold did the same thing by telling himself to "kneel" in front of my chaotic neutral bard while fighting him... the kobold did not win the fight.

I'm going to regret mentioning this, but oh well. Since it happened to my bard, I'm going to lay it on thick:

"Wandering through an exquiste limestone cavern, my party was ambushed by a lone black orc. This clever opponent was separated from my group by a small lake, protecting himself from blade and club, though not clever enough to protect from arrow and stone, which he was soon to have plenty. However the second I drew my bow to start our counterattack, the orc let loose a foul magic that welded my hands to my weapon. My first reaction was panic, wondering whether I was going to be wandering around with a bow stuck to my hands for the rest of my adventures. But then an insight hit me like a rock to the head (I still have the rock; the halfing in my crew intended it for the orc, but alas); I remembered a tale of a female adventurer blessed in both amazing luck and astonishing clumsiness.

Tricked in a duel to use her opponent's sword, she found that as she held it, she could feel her life force being siphoned into the foul blade. Not realizing her true plight, being that the sword was stuck in her hands, she still reached for her own sword. The resulting display of her fumbling both weapons proved too much for her opponent, who by now stopped to laugh, knowing that the battle would be won through trickery and seeing this as extra entertainment. That was until she fumbled both weapons out of her hands, her sword clanging loudly on the ground, and the cursed blade flung into the opponent's chest, killing him in a grisly, yet comical fashion.

With a desperate chuckle, I tested the truth of this old tale. As clumsily as I could, I reached again for my short sword, despite my bow still being in my hands and while still being bombarded my magic from the orc. To my surprise, both weapons soon dropped to the floor. Though by now my party had chased of the offending creature, I had learned a surefire way to avoid the horrible plight of a cursed weapon. I'm so thankful that I can play the lute instead of the bowstring that the next round of mead is on me boys!"

Hehehe, or at least until that bug gets fixed.

Estoc on
    edited August 2007
    An in character bug report... love it.

Hiravaxis on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is there a way to see if something is more powerful than you are, CR wise, or are we forced to just use our judgment?

Nevermind, I'm dumb, I see where it describes it in the look.

piL on
    edited August 2007
    My kobold's int is being affected by "Luck -6". It's been this way for a long time. I've tried restoring Int with no success. Also, I've got 13 luck, so I don't see how I could be considered having bad luck. Anyone know how I should fix this?

Thanks kaleedity, My new rogue doesn't have ambidexterity or any of the feats, yet I'm still using 2 weapons, hehe. I'm at level 6 now.

Here are the Feats I've got: Backstab, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, and Sneaky. Also got Mobility via an item, Swarm Tactics, Weapon Finesse, Close Quarters Fighter, AP:Light, Dirty Fighting. I take a -4 to hit on my main and a -2 to hit on my offhand without any two weapon fighting feats. Is that correct? Seems a little low. My Mainhand has a +13 to hit and my off has a +12.

skace on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    kaleedity wrote: »
    if whatever you're grappling still threatens you in the grapple, then punching them is similar to punching them when they're not grappled (they're considered flatfooted to everything else but you, though).
    The problem with that is...

a) If I'm grappling someone (as in I succeeded in the initial grab), the other guy should also automatically be grappling me. This is not the case. Likewise if my enemy successfully initiates grapple I should automatically be in grappling with him without having to do the touch attack-AoO-grapple check routine.
    b) When in grapple you're not supposed threaten any area. I think monsters currently threaten an area even when grappling but I'm not sure because of (a).
    c) There's no option to just grapple for more damage once in grapple.

I'll concede that the extra damaging magic on gauntlets not providing a credible threat to your opponent might be a good thing balance-wise if it's meant as bonus stuff exclusively for monks/unarmed specialists... but I'd just like to make sure it's intentional and not an oversight. The magical damage on those gauntlets was more than what my main weapon (a simple dagger) did.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I like Clerics the most I think, but I despise having to deal with the gods and their stupid requests of me.

Charles Kinbote on