As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Internet Dating] Bisexuals over 30 without smartphones are doomed. DOOOOOOMED!

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    There's a chance I might score a date IRL with a cute girl I know through friends.

There's also a chance she'll shoot me down and I'll die alone. We'll see how things pan out on Tuesday when I ask her.

Don't worry, thanks to the marvels of the internet we can all die alone together!

I plan to die alone playing videogames with @wazilla

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    There's a chance I might score a date IRL with a cute girl I know through friends.

There's also a chance she'll shoot me down and I'll die alone. We'll see how things pan out on Tuesday when I ask her.

Don't worry, thanks to the marvels of the internet we can all die alone together!

But... but then I'll have to die alone alone!

Mr Ray on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

But... but then I'll have to die alone alone!

Hey man, don't try to muscle in on my not-dying-alone-alone action.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Hey guys,

So dates with two women have been going well. But at what point do you usually decide to pursue only one?

This is brand new territory since I've only dated one woman at a time before and I'm not sure what to do. What do you tell the one you are breaking it off with too?

XBL - TeenageHead
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Hey guys,

So dates with two women have been going well. But at what point do you usually decide to pursue only one?

This is brand new territory since I've only dated one woman at a time before and I'm not sure what to do. What do you tell the one you are breaking it off with too?

This is more general dating and relationships, but it depends on what you're looking for in a relationship. It's a bigger question than "who do I like more," and it's very hard to give advice since it's so personal. My girlfriend says "as soon as you have sex with someone, you're serious," which isn't universal but she has a good point in that many people see sex as a serious emotional commitment. Similarly, it really shouldn't be a question of "pursue" so much as "who's a better fit." If you have to finagle dates and the general sense is that you're still testing the waters, you're not really serious -- you're still just dating. If you're actively seeking each other out and your larger worldviews/life paths seem to be compatible, then that's got potential.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Within the past week I've gotten my first reply and even my first message out of the blue. May not be much to the veterans, but it's pretty monumental for me.

• hsuhsu Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    At the risk of sounding like a cad, I would continue dating both of them until I've popped the co-habitation question, and one accepted.

Well, I wouldn't actually wait quite that long, but the thought still stands. Do both girls want you as a boyfriend? If so, then sure, you need to choose. But if you aren't to that point yet, how do you know you'll even get to that point with even one of them?

And just to refute another comment above, girls can have sex without being serious. So don't use that as your decision point.

hsu on
    iTNdmYl.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    You can keep dating them both as long as you have the "Three's Company" theme song going in your head.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    So wow - I got an unsolicited message the other day. But hey, the woman is 13 years older than me and looking only for a serious long term thing. So how about ... no?

• phillerphiller Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    philler wrote: »
    I finally went out with that girl I talked to since last year. She's interesting, cute, and likes coffee.
    I fully expect a second date by 2014.

Hmmm, How'd your big delay come around?

I had one I went out with last August and she just got crazy, crazy busy with work, but seemed genuinely interested in going out again. We stayed in contact for like 2 months before I let it drift off.

A mixture of her getting minor surgery, me changing jobs, and a lot of random delays on both our parts.

She texted me right after, so I take that as a good sign. I tentatively set up seeing a concert in a couple weeks, but I'm gonna try and set up an earlier date since we both haven't been to the city museum in a while.

All Kinds of Philler: A pop culture podcast remarkably free of filler!
    Twitter: @phillerworks || @AKOPpodcast || Steam: mr_philler
    PAX East '14 Locations: || Classic Console Freeplay || Tabletop Area || Long Wharf Pre-PAX Game Night (Come say hi or trade buttons!)
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    This evening I'm going to bed and reading a book about a woman's experiences of internet dating. Which in my sulky mood sounds far more exciting than actually internet dating. I can't take many more bad messages!

What's happening with the guy from work?

Not a clue! Had a great time and we've been texting since the meet up but no idea when we'll meet again and if he's actually interested. I'm not sure if I'm still an emotional robot or not but I know he's not allowed to be one! So I'm trying to just see what happens. I've said I'd like to meet up again and left the ball in his court. Every day I swear at my phone a little bit more when he texts without suggesting meeting up though.

Your phone? Way to blame the messenger.

Your phone? Way to blame the messenger.

If I could swear at him without scaring him, the boy would be learning some new words.

Tell him he would get it right in the ass as motivation to make a move.

edited March 2013
    He's just text asking when my next shift is and that he's slept all day (he works nights) so I'm now staring at my phone willing him to ask the next question in this sequence. Or there will be the ass talk!

Edit: The boy is getting the ass talk.

Angelina on
    "I want to go out with you. Fail to do so and you will get it right in the ass."

Be sure to include a :) to disarm his fear.

Follow up with a text message saying, "The :) was ironic. Your butthole is in danger. DATE ME."

He needs to know you're serious.

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    No no no. You get your friends phone and send the "You're going to get it right in the ass" message. Then you send the "Your ass is in danger. Come out on a date with me if you want to live" message.

Jeez Hacksaw. You almost ruined the whole plan.

Either approach will work. So long as he knows his anus is in danger of being violated, and dating you is the only surefire way of preventing said violation, you should be in the clear.

If necessary, have someone send him a picture of a cucumber pressing through the hole of a doughnut.

Or send it yourself. Whatever works.

I vaguely remember waking up in the middle of the night and repling to a text of his with "so go fuck off and be drunk" as he had drunk text me. I'm a charming girl and have sent another text this morning demanding a back massage. In for a penny, in for a pound.

I do have a friend though that would be more than willing to threaten his ass...

• EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    I got my first message from a black woman, who was 10 years older than me and outside my preferred age group, who just straight up asked me if I'm into black women. I look at her profile and she has a huge asian fetish and just straight up mentions she has this fetish.

No thanks.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
    Angelina wrote: »
    I vaguely remember waking up in the middle of the night and repling to a text of his with "so go fuck off and be drunk" as he had drunk text me. I'm a charming girl and have sent another text this morning demanding a back massage. In for a penny, in for a pound.

I do have a friend though that would be more than willing to threaten his ass...

So uhh, the massage thing worked and I'm seeing him tomorow night?

Awwww yissssssssssss. Make sure not to threaten his ass before or during the massage. After is fine.

I'll threaten it just before I return the massage favour, I don't want him to enjoy it too much. Now I have the girly decision of what to wear!

• rizriz Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I got my first message from a black woman, who was 10 years older than me and outside my preferred age group, who just straight up asked me if I'm into black women. I look at her profile and she has a huge asian fetish and just straight up mentions she has this fetish.

No thanks.

Can't blame a person for trying/knowing what she wants!

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I'll threaten it just before I return the massage favour, I don't want him to enjoy it too much. Now I have the girly decision of what to wear!

I guess... don't wear something that threatens his ass?

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

I guess... don't wear something that threatens his ass?

Well that rules out the dress made of dildos.

And the dress made of vibrators.

And the dress made of suppositories.

sig.gif
    In other less optimistic news, it looks like I'm on course to die alone.

@Wazilla Move in with me and lets grow old together playing videogames and destroying our livers with all the different kinds of alcohol.

Hey where's my invite?! I have to demand massages to get a bloke to come round, it will end badly!

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Hey where's my invite?! I have to demand massages to get a bloke to come round, it will end badly!

You demand massages and you get a bloke to come around and massage you.

We demand massages and we get pepper-sprayed.

I think it will end better for you.

sig.gif
    Sorry, it's a boobs thing. Possible chances to see boobs always wins.

I still want to ruin my life with drunk videogaming! It's a much more appealing prospect then internet dating. I'm currently giving a previous date love advice. Actually I give most of my previous dates love advice. Hmm...

Okay. Swing by the West Coast of the US. I'll wait.

• T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    A cautionary tale about using OKCupid's rating system, don't just don't. Saw a new girl online, though she was cute and we might have stuff in common but I was tired so I rated her a 5 and I resolved to message her next time. Then I hear "ding", my phone notifying me of a OKC message. Had she beaten me to the punch? She had! Open the message.. "Wow, people actually rate each other on here?"

:?

"Sure do. I like your profile. We seem to have a lot in common."

And then you proceed to message back and forth with her.

edited March 2013
    T-bolt wrote: »
    A cautionary tale about using OKCupid's rating system, don't just don't. Saw a new girl online, though she was cute and we might have stuff in common but I was tired so I rated her a 5 and I resolved to message her next time. Then I hear "ding", my phone notifying me of a OKC message. Had she beaten me to the punch? She had! Open the message.. "Wow, people actually rate each other on here?"

:?
    "Yeah girl. You a double fine super cute hotty. What about me? Did you like the picture where I lifted my shirt so you could see my abs?"

JAEF on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Threaten her ass?

In shiny news I have a date with a girl off Okc. She was kind enough to message me and ask me out. It was nice to not have that level of responsibility. Of course I'm nervous as all hell because first date.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    Eh, seemed like a kinda condescending rhetorical question to me. Not the best conversation starter but don't have anything to lose I guess.

On a better first message front, a different girl complemented me & my musical taste and suggested meeting up for coffee right off the bat and maybe jamming together on guitar. Now that I can work with.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The woman I had been seeing for the previous four months came over tonight because "she ran out of hugs," but it was really to break it off.

Well.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
This discussion has been closed.