As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    393713_662305068915_1194437803_n.jpg

@aikoe Woodstock Inn Maple Porter
    @techgamingnews Maple candies, maple sugar candy, Cabin Fever and mead (not pictured, but bought)
    @streetlight345 Winter Jack
    @profaniti Cabin Fever

Bringing some Cabin Fever nips for sharing/trading (whiskey with Vermont maple syrup!), and I have an extra pack of maple sugar candy if anyone is interested! Also not pictured are some Japanese cookies shaped like mushrooms that I thought would be fun. :P If anyone else is interested in anything, let me know!

If you still have some Cabin Fever left, I would LOVE to get some for my Fiance.

On a side note....I MAY have found the elusive Kinder Bueno White. I am going to call the store later today to make sure before I drive there... This is a candy shop that seems to have a bunch of random candy. If anyone else wants to make a request I am going to try my best to get there before we leave! Let me know ASAP if there are any other request. http://www.blackrivercandyshoppe.com/candybars.asp

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    MelSny wrote: »
    393713_662305068915_1194437803_n.jpg

@techgamingnews Maple candies, maple sugar candy, Cabin Fever and mead (not pictured, but bought)
    @profaniti Cabin Fever

Bringing some Cabin Fever nips for sharing/trading (whiskey with Vermont maple syrup!), and I have an extra pack of maple sugar candy if anyone is interested! Also not pictured are some Japanese cookies shaped like mushrooms that I thought would be fun. :P If anyone else is interested in anything, let me know!

If you still have some Cabin Fever left, I would LOVE to get some for my Fiance.

On a side note....I MAY have found the elusive Kinder Bueno White. I am going to call the store later today to make sure before I drive there... This is a candy shop that seems to have a bunch of random candy. If anyone else wants to make a request I am going to try my best to get there before we leave! Let me know ASAP if there are any other request. http://www.blackrivercandyshoppe.com/candybars.asp

I think some stores in MA may stock Cabin Fever. I can't exactly remember where I've seen it around but I know I've seen it.

Kazamagd wrote: »
    Since I still need to get my shop on I wanted to gage the interest in picking up "local" craft brews. My feeling is they are available in Boston but I am never shure. Is there an interest in Magic Hat and/or Long Trail?

You don't happen to be near The Alchemist's brewery do you? I would love to get my hands on some Heady Topper but I hear that you have to go on Mondays or Thursdays (the canning days) otherwise they're all sold out...

• KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    trinistand wrote: »
    You don't happen to be near The Alchemist's brewery do you? I would love to get my hands on some Heady Topper but I hear that you have to go on Mondays or Thursdays (the canning days) otherwise they're all sold out...

I am actually. They stock Heady Topper in the package store near my place so it should be easy to pick up. If not I can make a trip to the cannery tomorrow and get some.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently

I am actually. They stock Heady Topper in the package store near my place so it should be easy to pick up. If not I can make a trip to the cannery tomorrow and get some.

Amazing. AMAZINGLY AMAZING. Uh, how much room do you have? :D (I'll PM you)

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Since I still need to get my shop on I wanted to gage the interest in picking up "local" craft brews. My feeling is they are available in Boston but I am never shure. Is there an interest in Magic Hat and/or Long Trail?
    Beer run is complete. I'll bring as many as I can within the weight allowance, and if I have too much I'll knock off some of the repeats to keep the variety as wide as possible. I left off the fruity beers (like Apricot Hef) in favor of a classic variety that are really representational of our local brewing scene. Heavy on the IPAs, since that's what people seem to expect from out here. Hopefully anyone from outside of Seattle has never heard of these breweries.

I will be asking for ID if you look under age 65.

All bottles are 22 oz
    Odin Brewing, Seattle WA - Freya's Gold Kolsch style Golden ale
    Lantern Brewing, Seattle WA - Tripel Golden Ale
    Sound Brewing, Poulsbo WA - HumuloNimbus Double IPA
    Airways Brewing Co, Kent WA - Sky Hag IPA
    Port Townsend Brewing Co, Port Townsend WA - Hop Diggity IPA
    Lazy Boy Brewing, Everett WA - IPA
    Silver City Brewery, Bremerton WA - Ridgetop Red
    EPIC Ales, Seattle WA - Bog Mushroom Ale
    Boundary Bay Brewing Co, Bellingham WA - Scotch Style Ale
    Port Townsend Brewing Co, Port Townsend WA - Barleywine (no review available)
    Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop WA - Rendezvous Porter

Tips for Travelling with Carbonated bevvies like beer or soda
    If you travel a lot with beer like I do, you probably know this already. If not, read on.
    -Pressurization is hell on bottlecaps. Duct or packing tape the caps on really well before packing.
    -Pack the beer well in a small box that can be opened and closed without tape in case the TSA wants to check your bag.
    -Put the packed beer box in the middle of your checked luggage, surrounded by clothes and soft things on all sides.

EDIT: If you want to trade your beer for my beer, I'll drink anything but overhoppy beers or IPAs. I'm sick of them. Seattlites drink IPAs like Baltimorians drink Bud Light.

EDITED EDIT: Anything that's local, not national. If you can't find it outside of your state, I'm interested!

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    edited March 2013
    @lexicongrrl I have a couple beers for trade then :P Can trade you at the Westin game night. Are you going to Foley's tomorrow? I'll be there as well.

trinistand on
  • Albedo12Albedo12 Woking, EnglandRegistered User regular
    So, the heavy-duty poster tube I'm bringing to PAX holds EXACTLY 4 packets of Hobnobs:

xu3ub.jpg

• ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Decius wrote: »
    As this has come up in recent years you can also exchange alcohol via this thread, but be aware that drugs and alcohol are not allowed in PAX. You'll have to make other arrangements to swap.

So to anybody that will be bringing Alcohol to this were do you plan of swapping? B.c i will be bringing some of my Local beers made in my town.
    All 22oz Beers.
    Black Widow Stout
    Flight Level 410
    Sunrise Coffee Stout
    and a couple more.

ViciousEin02 on
    Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @profaniti Cabin Fever

That is a MASSIVE bottle of beer. I am going to get drunk off of one bottle of beer. Oh my god. This PAX is going to be AWESOME.

As far as needing to find a non-BCEC location to swap, would it be possible for everyone to trade booze in the lobby of the Westin or something? It's attached to the convention and would be an easy walk from the snack meetup. I don't know what their rule is on alcohol, but as long as we don't open it, shouldn't it be fine?

aikoe on
    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular

O_O
    I'm SO IN for a cabin fever nip.

scruffy seconds

I'm not a whiskey person usually but that stuff is awesome!

i rarely drink more than 1 drink at a time, to my knowledge i have never been drunk. when i drink its usually just one hard cider or glass of irish cream so im willing to try any thing

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So I found a 6 pack of Woodchuck Hard Cider brewed in bourbon barrels which I'll be bringing for swaps. Get ready people, this shit is amazing.

So I found a 6 pack of Woodchuck Hard Cider brewed in bourbon barrels which I'll be bringing for swaps. Get ready people, this shit is amazing.

i drink the raspberry cider they make

I'd be down for the booze exchange before the snack meetup, in the Westin lobby. Bottles are heavy so offloading them earlier instead of carrying them back and forth would be nice.

I'd be down for the booze exchange before the snack meetup, in the Westin lobby. Bottles are heavy so offloading them earlier instead of carrying them back and forth would be nice.

Yeah i think anybody bringing alcohol should come up with a time to meet and do the exchange.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

@lexicongrrl I have a couple beers for trade then :P Can trade you at the Westin game night. Are you going to Foley's tomorrow? I'll be there as well.

No, we don't get in until Wednesday. I'd see you at the pig roast but SOMEBODY didn't save tickets for us.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Yeah i think anybody bringing alcohol should come up with a time to meet and do the exchange.

Honestly, I think we should do it Thursday before the Pokecrawl so we can pregame :P

Honestly, I think we should do it Thursday before the Pokecrawl so we can pregame :P

Lol.. Yeah i wouldnt be there in time for that, im not getting into boston until around 12:00pm. Since i have a 6 hr drive from NY.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013

A bottle or nips? I can get more of either!

Also yes, @trinistand, it should be available in some Mass liquor stores, and it's in a lot of the NH ones too! They just went national so finding it should get easier soon.

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
    aikoe wrote: »
    That is a MASSIVE bottle of beer. I am going to get drunk off of one bottle of beer. Oh my god. This PAX is going to be AWESOME.

As far as needing to find a non-BCEC location to swap, would it be possible for everyone to trade booze in the lobby of the Westin or something? It's attached to the convention and would be an easy walk from the snack meetup. I don't know what their rule is on alcohol, but as long as we don't open it, shouldn't it be fine?

I warned ya! :P I'm down for exchanging booze at the Westin.
    i rarely drink more than 1 drink at a time, to my knowledge i have never been drunk. when i drink its usually just one hard cider or glass of irish cream so im willing to try any thing

If you like Irish Cream, I'll bring a nip of that too for mixing - Cabin Fever is awesome with it!

OOOOH, I would LOVE to get a bottle of that for the boyfriend. It's his birthday Thursday and he loves Woodchuck! Did you find that locally?

UyhWici.png

I warned ya! :P I'm down for exchanging booze at the Westin.

If you like Irish Cream, I'll bring a nip of that too for mixing - Cabin Fever is awesome with it!

OOOOH, I would LOVE to get a bottle of that for the boyfriend. It's his birthday Thursday and he loves Woodchuck! Did you find that locally?

Yes, my friend told me about it a couple of months back and today was the first time I found it for myself (I bought the last two the store had, at a Crosbys if that helps at all).

Yes, my friend told me about it a couple of months back and today was the first time I found it for myself (I bought the last two the store had, at a Crosbys if that helps at all).

Oh, nice! He just told me he's seen it around in NH but hasn't tried it yet. So if I can drag him to the exchange maybe I'll take one!

UyhWici.png

No, we don't get in until Wednesday. I'd see you at the pig roast but SOMEBODY didn't save tickets for us.

:(

You know, there's a group of hecklers showing up. Get in touch with peetsnack, mennoly, or arson.

Also yes, @trinistand, it should be available in some Mass liquor stores, and it's in a lot of the NH ones too! They just went national so finding it should get easier soon.

Cool, I met the owner a couple years back at the Newport Wine Festival, real nice guy and real passionate about whiskey. Maple whiskey isn't my thing but I'm really glad they're doing well.

@LexiconGrrl as of now, no coffee syrup , my store is out till Wednesday, so hopefully some comes in then

also odd question would any one with a hotel room be willing to hold onto my food stuffs till 2 since the drinks i have are heavy and i have no room, if not i will be brave and tote around 2 glass and 1 big plastic bottles filled with chocolate soda

• THEZappBranniganTHEZappBrannigan Registered User regular
    @TechGamingNews
    I would also sell my first born for some GOOD REAL mead!! any takers!?!?! PM Please

I could get some good mead from Maine if you are very interested/could get me kickass craft beer.

@aikoe
    If anyone's going through or coming from Korea, I'd love a box of Damtuh Ginger Tea Plus. If there's anyone from Japan, I would probably cry if you brought me a bottle of Fruits Party Fanta. I don't even know if they still make it.

I can bring anything that can be acquired in Ohio, including some awesome beers from Great Lakes Brewing. They make the best American beers. Yes, I am a biased Clevelander.

I will trade any beer in New England (within reason) you can think of for some of your beer. Looking to get a wide variety from across the country/globe.

@LexiconGrrl
    Jumping on the Beer Bandwagon here too.

Washington State has over 175 craft and microbrews. In my neighborhood alone, there are over a dozen (7 of which are inside a 1 mile radius, making for a most excellent beer stumble). There are way too many to even begin to offer specific brewereies here. Just let me know if you want something from this neck of the woods.

I apologize for scrolling through on my phone/not yet reaching the response posts, but I'd love some of your local brews. Message me and I'll look back here for what you want by tomorrow night as I do a massive beer hunt on Wednesday.

@Coan
    Coan wrote: »

back on topic of not-badges (since thats another thread) looks like http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/black-oak-double-chocolate-cherry-stout/46058/ is what should be available when I come down. If there is any extra interest, i'll bring more than the single 6pack I plan on grabbing now.
    Once again I apologize for the mass spam of messages, but that beer sounds amazing and I will be bringing ample amounts of beer to trade. If you have a specific request let me know before Wednesday morning so I can search for it. Wish I discovered this thread earlier.

• MaiSheriMaiSheri OnatrioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    This is probably a long shot since it's pretty last-minute at this point, but I'd LOVE a jar of Sanders Classic Caramel sauce http://www.sanderscandy.com/Classic-Caramel-Topping-p/15375-p.htm

I know it's readily available in Detroit and the website says it's in some grocery stores in the midwest too. Is anyone from the area wiling to pick up some for me?

I'll be carrying around Canadian chocolate bars* to share all weekend (or as long as they last) but I haven't picked up anything super special to exchange.

*Aero, Smarties, Glosette, Caramilk, Crunchie, Coffee Crisp, Dairy Milk

MaiSheri on
    So we kind of lost the question of where/when for the beer & booze exhange. I vote for 1:15 PM Friday, before the food exchange, in the Westin lobby. That gives us 30 mins to exchange and 15 mins to get to the food exhange as a group.

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    A separate booze meet up before the Food Exchange at the Westin actually sounds proper and reasonable to me. For the regular exchange, to repeat, I will post up at the Level 0 Queue/Food Court area at a table at 2 PM on Friday. Obviously, I'll try to get there 15-30 before hand to secure an area. Unless something comes up, I'll be cosplaying as Harry Mason from Silent Hill, I'll have a flashlight on my coat and it'll be on.

(Can you save me a Cabin Fever nip, @ironysparkles? I won't be at the booze meet up, but that sounds delicious.)

Here's my final line up for contribution to the masses:

Lay's Stax Que Rico Limon
    Lay's Stax Que Rico Adobadas
    Mega Stuf Oreos
    Pepperidge Farms Caramel Apple Pie cookies
    Cracker Jack'd Spicy Pizzaria snack mix
    Fesperman's Peppered Beef Jerky (Made in Oklahoma! My favorite jerky!)
    Hardtimes Beef Jerky (another OK original, not Fesp, but very good)
    (possible bonus unknown New York deliciousness)

Special requests:
    Cherry M&M's for @chaosisorder
    S'Mores Pop Tars for @purplebek
    Doritos Dinamita for @sillyzombie666

I love pastries and chocolate if anyone is at a loss for other yummies. ;)

This may be my last post before then, so I'm looking forward to seeing you fine people later this week!

• profanitiprofaniti Brighton, UKRegistered User regular
    I am a terrible lurker - but I am going out tonight, and plan to get a selection of the following:

Crunchies, Yorkies, Mint Areos, Ripple bars, Galaxy chocolate, White kinder beuno, Jelly Babies, Jaffa cakes, Irn Brew.

Shout now if you want any more british things!

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote: »
    Reverend Snide, Thank you so much for the Tim Tams :) That is, if they are still meant for me, in which case I would completely understand since I've been no where for the past few days. If we are still on, what would you like in trade? %% or Calories?

Consider it my contribution to international diplomacy and goodwill. :)

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    The to beer snobs, any interest in Unibroue beer from Quebec? They are Belgian style ales bottled and corked abby-style. La Fin du Monde and La Maudite ( translate the End of the World and The Damned ) are a punch in the face of flavor and of course, alcohol. Maybe I'll pick up a couple and bring 'em just in case.

unibroue.jpg

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @Coan

back on topic of not-badges (since thats another thread) looks like http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/black-oak-double-chocolate-cherry-stout/46058/ is what should be available when I come down. If there is any extra interest, i'll bring more than the single 6pack I plan on grabbing now.
    Once again I apologize for the mass spam of messages, but that beer sounds amazing and I will be bringing ample amounts of beer to trade. If you have a specific request let me know before Wednesday morning so I can search for it. Wish I discovered this thread earlier.

@THEZappBrannigan I hate to disappoint, but, that particular beer was sold out for the year when I visited the brewery. It's a seasonal, so when it's gone, it's gone until they do the next batch come January/February next year. It's a shame since this years was much better than last years :/

on the topic of beer swapping: westin sounds fine, but sometime during the con itself might be better for those of us who won't be able to make it to a pre-con event on thursday or so. We have the regular food exchange at 2 on friday, do we want to aim for before or after? I'm personally a fan of 1:30 on friday, which gives people time to go up to their rooms after the Q&A or lunch or whatever, get what they want, maybe get back to the rooms to drop it back off (provided they're in a close hotel) and then people can head to the regular meet at 2. If a half hour doesn't seem long enough, 1/1:15?

Coan on
    Posting on the phorum again like its 1999

Can I get maybe 3 nips of cabin fever and one of that Irish Cream you mentioned? I can give you $$ or if there is anything you would like me to trade, let me know!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Also, going to the store tomorrow so if there are any more candy requests out there please let me know.
    http://www.blackrivercandyshoppe.com/products.asp is where I'll be shopping. If not I'll just pick up some stuff that I have never seen before!

signature.png

edited March 2013
    This:
    on the topic of beer swapping: westin sounds fine, but sometime during the con itself might be better for those of us who won't be able to make it to a pre-con event on thursday or so. We have the regular food exchange at 2 on friday, do we want to aim for before or after? I'm personally a fan of 1:30 on friday, which gives people time to go up to their rooms after the Q&A or lunch or whatever, get what they want, maybe get back to the rooms to drop it back off (provided they're in a close hotel) and then people can head to the regular meet at 2. If a half hour doesn't seem long enough, 1/1:15?

Was discussed here:
    So we kind of lost the question of where/when for the beer & booze exhange. I vote for 1:15 PM Friday, before the food exchange, in the Westin lobby. That gives us 30 mins to exchange and 15 mins to get to the food exhange as a group.
    vicechan wrote: »
    A separate booze meet up before the Food Exchange at the Westin actually sounds proper and reasonable to me. For the regular exchange, to repeat, I will post up at the Level 0 Queue/Food Court area at a table at 2 PM on Friday. Obviously, I'll try to get there 15-30 before hand to secure an area. Unless something comes up, I'll be cosplaying as Harry Mason from Silent Hill, I'll have a flashlight on my coat and it'll be on.

LexiconGrrl on
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Great, I didn't lose the question, but, lost the suggested answer in trying to catch up on the thread, at least we're on the same train of thought.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
    @ironysparkles yeah can you save me a cabin fever nip as well since im just going to the food swap

This discussion has been closed.