As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

• kikura1kikura1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Anyone going to the dirty nerdy revue wanna share a cab ride, or if you're diving have room for one more?

zerzhul on
  • MarciaWebbMarciaWebb Super Awesome Me Jacksonville, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Best Sunday night idea ever? Pick a bar, bring out your Cards Against Humanity and drink and have fun. I already have my set packed, who's in?

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Bethesda after party!!!
    Saturday, March 23rd at the Castle Meeting Space in downtown Boston.
    6:00 – 11:00 pm,

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/18/pax-east-special-gathering-for-all-citizens-of-tamriel/
    Nice! Thanks!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Woot ESO, I may have to bail on Curse or show up late

• randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Glacius wrote: »
    So I'm still looking for a partner in crime =) who wants to run the night with me!? =D
    im down

Any chance you guys are doing the Dirty Nerdy Revue on Friday night? I'm flying solo this year and was hoping to find some folks to hang out with.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    kikura1 wrote: »
    Anyone going to the dirty nerdy revue wanna share a cab ride, or if you're diving have room for one more?

Where are you traveling from that night? I'm staying at the Hilton Downtown.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Kardon47Kardon47 North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    What all is going on Thursday night?

• AlpineAnticAlpineAntic Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Woot ESO, I may have to bail on Curse or show up late

ESO starts at 6, Curse starts at 9. Hit up both!

• Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    is anybody else going to the Arcade Rave on Thursday? i have an extra ticket im willing to sell for $5 (it's Will Call). i'll be staying at the Seaport hotel Thurs-Sun with no car, so if anybody wants to split on a cab ride let me know! i'll be going as Fix it Felix Jr!

edited March 2013
    Here's another small meet up.

http://undeadlabs.com/forums/showthread.php?10525-PAX-Gathering

Undeadlabs is having a shin dig.

PAX Gathering

Friday night. 8 PM.
    W Hotel in Boston.

The address is: 100 Stuart St Boston, MA 02116

AlpineAntic on
  • Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular
    Seanyd781 wrote: »
    is anybody else going to the Arcade Rave on Thursday? i have an extra ticket im willing to sell for $5 (it's Will Call). i'll be staying at the Seaport hotel Thurs-Sun with no car, so if anybody wants to split on a cab ride let me know! i'll be going as Fix it Felix Jr!
    what kinda ticket is it ? 21+ i will def be down if so

• kikura1kikura1 Registered User regular
    kikura1 wrote: »

Where are you traveling from that night? I'm staying at the Hilton Downtown.

I'm staying at the Renaissance Waterfront, not that far from the convention.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    MarciaWebb wrote: »
    Best Sunday night idea ever? Pick a bar, bring out your Cards Against Humanity and drink and have fun. I already have my set packed, who's in?

Arg I'd so be down for this if I didn't already get tix for Protomen / Fronts

>.<'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • GrimecraftGrimecraft 3DJ Cambridge MARegistered User regular

Glad to see you're going! Its going to be wild (and it will most likely sell out). Ill be closing the night with the craziest video game set you've ever heard around midnight so stick around!

www.soundcloud.com/grimecraft
  • grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular
    Crap! I missed out on Madcatz Unveild ticket! NOOOOO! Anyone have an extra or just can't go? I would give you my first born to go to this!

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bethesda after party!!!

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/18/pax-east-special-gathering-for-all-citizens-of-tamriel/

This is PERFECT. (Also all ages, BUT WITH BEER, yaay!) Thank you so much for making my Saturday night 1385071x more amazing. :D

No worries! Can't wait for this either!

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Bethesda after party!!!

That is awesome. Kind of looks a bit like the Treasure Maps. I may have to attend...

For any locals, doesn't this seem a lot like Good Times? Beer, games, and 13-year olds kicking your ass because you've had too much... I miss that place. Only time that I've ever had to tell the 8-year-old kid next to me to hold the Mario Kart Race until I was done with my beer.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    I hope this hasn't already been covered but are there any free, swelltacular parties throwing down Friday night? I only have a Friday pass & am looking to spice up my evening

I have been scouring the internet for Friday parties. Seems like the majority of them will be at the Westin Hotel Friday night. I recommend talking to devs and exhibiters to see if they will have any shin digs.
    Undeadlabs will have one starting at 6 at the Westin as well a few other devs.

I have been scouring the internet for Friday parties. Seems like the majority of them will be at the Westin Hotel Friday night. I recommend talking to devs and exhibiters to see if they will have any shin digs.
    Undeadlabs will have one starting at 6 at the Westin as well a few other devs.[/quote

Ok, thanks for the info!! :) What were some of the other parties at the Westin on Friday? Or are those posted in this thread already?

wrccitroen wrote: »
    I hope this hasn't already been covered but are there any free, swelltacular parties throwing down Friday night? I only have a Friday pass & am looking to spice up my evening

Friday night concerts are pretty damn amazing if you're into those bands.

Imagine thousands of fans that are super passionate about something nerdy as hell.

Imagine Valhalla.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Is there crowd surfing & dancing/ "friendly" moshing at these shows?

I can't speak for crowd surfing, but there's generally some wee moshing during the rock shows.

I'm not a personal fan of the moshing so I can't say how friendly it is but during Protomen you can expect big sweaty men be rubbing all over you if you really want.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    ...but during Protomen you can expect big sweaty men be rubbing all over you if you really want.

I have suddenly fallen ill

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Agent00Agent00 Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    SugarDVD PAX East 2013 Party
    SUGARDVD WII U App Launch Party

Time: Friday March 22nd, 6-11PM

Information: http://sugarsweettalk.com/2013/02/28/wii-and-pax-east/

Join us at BAR10 in the Westin Hotel as we launch our Wii U app! Just show your PAX badge at the door for admission, and score free drinks and sweets!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    In the past, moshing has been forbidden. Not sure of the current policy.

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    If people are "moshing", it's usually just bouncing into each other. Not the typical sort of heavy metal concert where people walk away with bruises and broken bones that they'll later talk about with friends. "Back on their '97 tour I got this scar on my eyebrow! Then I punched a kid in the face!"

But thinking back, I don't think they've ever really had that. While Protomen can be pretty bad ass, they're not really mosh-worthy.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
    The few times I've seen it it sort of starts as you feel the crowd push you to a side, but then eventually subsides.

Prob. as the bad-ass Enforces do their thing... Enforce.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    grayfawkes wrote: »
    Crap! I missed out on Madcatz Unveild ticket! NOOOOO! Anyone have an extra or just can't go? I would give you my first born to go to this!

I don't think they are transferable, they have names on the tickets.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    In the past, moshing has been forbidden. Not sure of the current policy.

It was frowned upon at Prime, since we were yelled at!

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    I can't speak for crowd surfing, but there's generally some wee moshing during the rock shows.

I'm not a personal fan of the moshing so I can't say how friendly it is but during Protomen you can expect big sweaty men be rubbing all over you if you really want.

WELP. lol

Ln5yLL7.png
    yeah when I said "moshing" I meant friendly moshing like people bouncing into each other like something you'd see at a MMBS or Flogging Molly show...no wall of death or any punk craziness where people get hurt...& what's a concert without tons of yucky sweaty people?! It's like bathing in the HS Basketball team's laundry basket haha

Worst can be gamer moshes, cuz odds are some haven't showered!

:D

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • aj31907aj31907 You all can call me AJ. Registered User regular
    the two parties i want to go to but might not The Sanshee and Madcatz

Videogames live was a pretty cool show...I wonder how many old people will be going to PAX this year...

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Videogames live was a pretty cool show...I wonder how many old people will be going to PAX this year...

Old is more a state of mind.

Personally, I've long been amused that I'm technically an adult. Growing older is mandatory (and surely beats the alternative!) Growing up is optional. :D

Delaney on
    "I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

Delaney wrote: »

Old is more a state of mind.

Personally, I've long been amused that I'm technically an adult. Growing older is mandatory (and surely beats the alternative!) Growing up is optional. :D

Very true! "You don't stop playing 'cause you get old...you get old because you stop playing" Even though I have observed that having children ages people in leaps & bounds, particularly for the moms...but when I said "old" I meant middle aged or older (Not that people in their 40's & 50's are old...70 is old...but 40 seems a little old to be moshing & crowd surfing, or perhaps I'm just being narrow minded haha )

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Frag Dolls are having a "Secret Social".
    https://www.facebook.com/fragdolls?sk=app_124859657701672&app_data
    Sunday, March 24th, 2013
    7:30pm - 10:30pm

Hard Rock Boston
    Cavern Club Room
    22-24 Clinton Street
    Boston Massachusetts 02109

21+ First come, first serve.
    { Open bar. }

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular

I got the GA - Advance tickets! [21+]

This discussion has been closed.