As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Cookie Brigade - $17,650+ for Child's Play - You rock East!

• RappakRappak Registered User regular
    Ok. Now I got in but how do I post?

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Rappak wrote: »
    Ok. Now I got in but how do I post?

I will send you a pm on the CB site.

HI3789R.png
  • FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    For those of you who are impressed by my chocolate treats, PLEASE do the Cookie Brigade a favor and stop by the ThinkGeek booth and let them know how impressed you were with the molds or (if you really feel like it) even buy something! This partnership has the potential to continue, but they need to see that it's worth it for them. :)

Oh, and to @kemikal, most of the molds are fairly easy to work with, once you get the hang of them. Some of them, the ones with skinny parts, require a little love to get them out of the mold without breaking them. My favorites to work with were the Darth Vader, Storm Trooper and Companion Cube. Here's a tip from the Chocolate Lab, though: We had to cut out Companion Cube mold into segments of two cubes. The whole mold (ten cubes) is just too floppy to work with properly. Dividing it up into smaller segments makes it super easy to work with. Just be sure you use a decent thickness of chocolate, as you really do have to apply a bit of pressure to get them out of the mold.

Maybe at next year's PAX East, the Cookie Brigade can hold their own panel on how to make awesome treats! (Not only for Brigadiers, but for anyone interested in making awesome snacks like my chocolate treats, BrownCoatBeth's Katamari Cake Balls, Chocolate Bacon, etc.)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The cookie brigade actually had a panel at PAX Prime 2012, so it wouldn't be without precedent. Not sure if there will be a repeat though.

• FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    Do you know how it was received? (Did people attend and/or did they enjoy it?)

edited March 2013

I attended. I'm not sure I can really gauge how it went. The vast majority of people in attendance were forumers and brigadiers. They asked for a show of hands for people that didn't already know what the CB was and was all about before coming to the panel, and I think there were around 10 people in that camp? The panel was good content wise, but it was up against concerts *and* cards against humanity, which I'm sure didn't help for the turnout. The hard part of an "underground" organization is that it's not going to be obvious that it exists ;)

I think everyone that was there enjoyed it.

zerzhul on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular

It was received well, but there were logistical issues. It was 25-30 people, but it was in a huge theater (1,000 people). It was at the same time as a lot of industry parties and evening events. It was fun, but I think we decided it was something that didn't really fit to well with being an underground group. It is something that is a lot easier for the brigade to pull off at Prime then at East.

@lexicongrrl would have more details on how it went.

Attention Brigadiers!
    The super important email chock-full of information has been released to the wilds! Please check your email, and if you didn't get an email please check the forums to find the information.

• Geno GaronGeno Garon Registered User regular
    I would just like to let every Cookie Brigadier know two things.

1: I will be either Garen: the Might of Demacia from League of Legends, or Ezio Auditore: Master Assassin from Assassin's Creed II all THREE days of the convention, and...
    2: Any Brigadiers who find me and tell me they "found" me will automatically receive a $1 donation for any of their favorite cookies. Happy Hide N' Seek!

Some people (lightweights) complain Boston is cold in March. Never fear, cookie brigade is here! No, not with hot chocolate. Instead we have these heart hand warmers to give away.

HI3789R.png
    Geno Garon wrote: »
    I would just like to let every Cookie Brigadier know two things.

1: I will be either Garen: the Might of Demacia from League of Legends, or Ezio Auditore: Master Assassin from Assassin's Creed II all THREE days of the convention, and...
    2: Any Brigadiers who find me and tell me they "found" me will automatically receive a $1 donation for any of their favorite cookies. Happy Hide N' Seek!

If I see you as Ezio I'm going to yell "Ah mierda! Kill him!"...

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    ransim wrote: »

It was received well, but there were logistical issues. It was 25-30 people, but it was in a huge theater (1,000 people). It was at the same time as a lot of industry parties and evening events. It was fun, but I think we decided it was something that didn't really fit to well with being an underground group. It is something that is a lot easier for the brigade to pull off at Prime then at East.

@lexicongrrl would have more details on how it went.

What she said. It was an interesting panel and we had tons of noms to give away, but it was pretty much just the Brigade and their friends. There were maybe only half a dozen other PAXers there. The slot was 10 PM on a Saturday night, which was brutal, but afterward everyone still pretty much agreed that a panel just wasn't in the cards for future PAXes.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Story time:

I came home tonight, late and exhausted as usual these days and found @jobiwankenobi hard at work in the kitchen finishing up a dozen dozen choc chip cookies. It was so awesome and energizing to see him hard at work for such a good cause that I rolled up my sleeves and got everything wrapped and ready to pack while he got dinner.

It's really a great cause.

• craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    @craigums A good time to seek those cookies would be on Thursday at the Westin boardgame night, we'll be collecting cookies from bakers and its one of the rare times we'll have a very large supply available.

I am running like a crazy person thanks to work and some real life insanity, so keep an eye out for information very soon. For people who filled out the distributor/baker survey there will be an email coming to your inbox within the next few days chock-full of useful tidbits.

We are also experimenting with some group organizing through things like Google+ for communications during PAX, so if you are on the forums and interested in helping test I'd recommend checking it out.

I would try setting up a groupme account its awesome and can be used on phones,smartphones and via computer web browser!

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular

Double prizes for those of us dressed in LoL?

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    More thinkgeek stuff up for grabs from our distributors: space gun key ring. For all your emergency interplanetary dueling.

HI3789R.png
    craigums wrote: »
    @craigums A good time to seek those cookies would be on Thursday at the Westin boardgame night, we'll be collecting cookies from bakers and its one of the rare times we'll have a very large supply available.

I am running like a crazy person thanks to work and some real life insanity, so keep an eye out for information very soon. For people who filled out the distributor/baker survey there will be an email coming to your inbox within the next few days chock-full of useful tidbits.

We are also experimenting with some group organizing through things like Google+ for communications during PAX, so if you are on the forums and interested in helping test I'd recommend checking it out.

I would try setting up a groupme account its awesome and can be used on phones,smartphones and via computer web browser!

We tested groupme and decided against using it because of the lack of controls available to silence the conversation. Google Messenger is used by other large groups who have had good past experience with it so we decided it was easier just to use what worked for other groups in the past.

• Geno GaronGeno Garon Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    ishtra wrote: »

Double prizes for those of us dressed in LoL?

But of course! Be in character and I might even buy... THREE cookies! The Dauntless Vanguard does need to set the example, after all.

Geno Garon on
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    The images of these cookies are making really hungry! I can't wait for next week!!!!

All you cookie runners say hi to me when you see me! I'm bringing some dollars with me

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    Pre-PAX Meeting – Sunday March 17 @ 5 PM EDT / 2 PM PDT

We'll be doing a meeting on Sunday open to all brigadiers via a Google Hangout (likely unless we have a massive turn out). Information will be posted here on Sunday and the Brigade website on how to access the chat. The purpose of this meeting is to give brigadiers a chance to ask questions and organize before PAX. For that reason if you are not a brigadier this is not for you.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular

We'll be doing a meeting on Sunday open to all brigadiers via a Google Hangout (likely unless we have a massive turn out). Information will be posted here on Sunday and the Brigade website on how to access the chat. The purpose of this meeting is to give brigadiers a chance to ask questions and organize before PAX. For that reason if you are not a brigadier this is not for you.

love it - this way I can test how to do anything on Google besides search and mail :P

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    edited March 2013
    Finally some decent pictures.Chocolate space invaders and portal companion cubes and bacon dipped in chocolate with and without reese's peanut butter.
    lUsEMTY.jpg
    KawAmrU.jpg

ransim on
  • tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    I need that bacon with the chocolate and peanut butter

grym & kvlt
  • zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Finally some decent pictures.Chocolate space invaders and portal companion cubes and bacon dipped in chocolate with and without reese's peanut butter.

Delicious looking pictures....
    oh god.
    DO WANT!

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
    Another ThinkGeek item we have to hand out are these light up d20's. I imagine they'll be a big hit when we distribute in tabletop :)

HI3789R.png
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

I was previously going to be able to make this, but now I cannot. Will there be a recap or will the hangout be posted on youtube so those of us who miss it can get up to speed?

edited March 2013
    Is there anyone at the Westin on Wednesday evening who can take delivery of a big tote (or 2) of cookies and Brigade paraphernalia?

EDIT: Thanks @Decius.

LexiconGrrl on
    The meeting location has been posted to the brigade forums:

Meting location thread

• H2O ShoagieH2O Shoagie Registered User regular
    If anyone could PM me the info that would be great. I cannot access my cookie brigade email and dont have the password i used at my cousins house.

Questions from the meeting Sunday have been posted with their answers on the Brigade website.

T-minus 2 Days and 22ish hours until the noms are upon us.

• CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    Folks on Twitter have been excited about the sugar cookies I've made, so I figured I'd get people excited here too :)

Doctor Who sugar cookies
    BFaEKo2CYAIuS3O.jpg

Archer sugar cookies
    BFugpYwCAAAYvWG.jpg

CaveCibum wrote: »

Archer sugar cookies
    BFugpYwCAAAYvWG.jpg

Omg you made Archer sugar cookies?! How did I miss that?

HI3789R.png
    The last ThinkGeek product we have to hand out this PAX is cupcake-flavored lip balm. Because dont you want to taste of sugary goodness all the time?

EVEN MORE EXCITING:
    We will have raffle tickets! If you get a raffle ticket from a brigadier, take it to the ThinkGeek booth to entered in a drawing for a $100 gift certificate. They have 3 to give away. Raffle tickets are only available from brigadiers!

HI3789R.png
  • CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »

Omg you made Archer sugar cookies?! How did I miss that?

Just made them last night!

I want *all* the archer cookies.

• bschorybschory Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I want *all* the archer cookies.

That could be dangerous. Seriously, zerzhul, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone..

from Top Gun?

• bschorybschory Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    I am always so impressed by what the cookie brigade does. It's amazing.

Everything looks great. I can't wait to give you guys all the monies I can this year.

Woot! Got some last minute baking in today:
    IMG_0910%5B1%5D.JPG
    What you're looking at is a half-size sheet pan of Salty Pignuts: a rice krispie treat covered with dark chocolate, bacon, smokehouse almonds, and smoked seasalt.

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I have something that is blue. It may or may not have spikes.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    Rawr! Cookie monster! I took Thursday off to make cookies. Let's see how many I can make lol.
    903295_10151514362557888_285042509_o.jpg
    887151_10151514362932888_796448129_o.jpg

This discussion has been closed.