As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 QUILTBAG (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans, Etc.) Gamer Meetup - TICKET SALES CLOSED

• PrinnysaurusRexPrinnysaurusRex TexasRegistered User regular
    I attended last year and will be bringing my bf this year. :3 I'm pretty sure one of my friends is going but don't know what his plans are so I'll just vouch for us two.

UNO sounds great btw. Any idea on date/time?

• ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    My current plan is to start around 7 on Friday (March 22nd), but there's some wiggle room on that.

I'd like to get the ball rolling ASAP, so please, everyone, chime in with your suggestions in the next day or so if you can. If there are no objections, I'm thinking we'll just go with the Classics menu, it'll come to a bit under $17.50 a head with fees, and like I said, 3/22/13 at 7 pm at the Uno Chicago Grill at 731 Boylston Street. I'll assume an attendance around 40 between PAX attendees and any locals who may decide to come...but I'll also check and see exactly when we need a final headcount, deposit, full payment, etc.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    Well, after a chat with my doctor today, looks like I'm on a dairy free diet. Boo. Any who, my vote is still for classics. Where would you like to collect the head count? Here in thread or would you have something set up elsewhere?

Hmmm...go ahead and post here in the thread for now. Ideally I'll be able to get the exact headcount through ticket sales, but it'd be good to have a ballpark figure to start with.

edited February 2013
    Alright. I'll have myself certainly and maybe +2. Think we'll need a final headcount before or after tickets are mailed? Also, maybe change the thread title to advertise we're just about ready?

<Omicron-8643> on
    I'm going to go ahead and e-mail my contact right now. First post updated to current details in any event. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

Okay, looks like we'll be able to make major changes up to a week beforehand if necessary. If there's just a difference of a couple people between the estimated and actual headcount, we can adjust things at the restaurant. I think I'll probably still put tickets on sale tomorrow or Thursday.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I'm up for this! May be bringing my husbad also, but want know for sure untill a few weeks before. He has a crazy work sched.

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    Count me in!

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
    edited February 2013
    PREMATURE! DON'T GO TO THE EVENTBRITE PAGE YET, I NEED TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS!!

Themiscyra on
    Okay! Sorry for the false alarm. TICKET SALES ARE NOW LIVE. http://quiltbag2013.eventbrite.com/

Incidentally, guys, I do want to emphasize that if anyone has specific dietary needs (allergies, gluten intolerance, vegetarian, whatever), Uno has told me they can accommodate them. Shoot me a PM or an e-mail and I'll talk to my contact to make sure that gets sorted.

• trinnaratrinnara Registered User regular
    Ticket purchased!

• The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Just realized QUILTBAG-friendly honey badgers are welcome, awesome! Ticket purchased

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • sofreshsodarrylsofreshsodarryl East 2011 Omeganaut Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Incidentally, guys, I do want to emphasize that if anyone has specific dietary needs (allergies, gluten intolerance, vegetarian, whatever), Uno has told me they can accommodate them.

I hope they can accommodate my strict diet of only seafood and margaritas :-P

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    Just got my ticket. Can't wait to meet you all! :D

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    got tickets for myself +1. thanks for all your work, @Themiscyra!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • graffektagraffekta London, United KingdomRegistered User new member
    Realised I'm gonna be in the country for PAX East so managed to get a Sunday ticket and have picked up a ticket for this also to hopefully meet people to hangout with when I'm there - see you on the 22nd!

edited February 2013
    Dumb question. If I buy a ticket for someone in my group and aren't able to make it to pax, can I give it to someone else?

<Omicron-8643> on
    That's not a dumb question at all. :) Yes, you can give it to someone else. If you're able to, though, please let me know if you need to change an entree at least a day before the event - that's when I'll be giving the restaurant our orders.

Got my tickets for my group then! You'll have at least three maybe 4 from MD.

• EtherangelEtherangel Bounty Hunter Knoxville, TNRegistered User regular
    After struggling with Paypal for 15 minutes, I HAZ TICKET! Stupid verification requirements....

Sorry you had problems with PayPal -- it wasn't my first choice, but the other viable option was Eventbrite's own payment processor, which wouldn't have paid me until after the event. Sadly I just couldn't cover the full cost on my own while waiting for compensation. :\ If anyone finds it impossible to use PayPal, for whatever reason, let me know and I can try to come up with some alternative arrangement for you.

Hey guys! Quick reminder that ticket sales close in ONE WEEK (because I have to give the restaurant our final headcount on the 15th, especially if it's significantly lower or higher than 40), and the official con schedule is now live, so you should be able to double-check and identify any conflicts there. The link to the Eventbrite page is in the first post. Hope to see you there!

Looks like one of our people had to drop thanks to stupid wisdom teeth and we couldn't find someone in our group of friends who can come up with PAX money in time. Now we've got an extra ticket to the dinner. Would it be acceptable to pay it forward?

Sure, that's fine. As long as I have an accurate headcount and enough money to cover everyone, I'm cool with it. :)

Alrighty then: Next person who happens upon this thread and wants a ticket, PM me.

• embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bought my ticket :D This sounds amazing, and as a lesbian gaymer I adore meeting fellow QUILTBAG (brilliant name) gamers. Bonus points for the food looking tasty, too!

Just a quick reminder that ticket sales will be closing TOMORROW, Thursday, March 14th, at 7 PM EDT. We have 12 tickets left. If you haven't bought yours, you should do so ASAP.

http://quiltbag2013.eventbrite.com/

See you guys next week!

• randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    If anyone happens to have a ticket they can't use, please get in touch.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
    I remember last time we went to uno's, we caught cabs over together. Would there be interest in doing so again? Say around quarter till 7?

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    I remember last time we went to uno's, we caught cabs over together. Would there be interest in doing so again? Say around quarter till 7?

i was actually going to try to catch a hotel shuttle headed to the back bay area, if others want to join in on that.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote: »

i was actually going to try to catch a hotel shuttle headed to the back bay area, if others want to join in on that.

Hope you won't mind me tagging along then. I'm absolutely night blind and I'll probably walk by the place 3-4 times.

Would anyone be willing to organize a meetup at the Westin or inside the BCEC to ride over there? I want to get there a bit early myself to coordinate with the restaurant staff, so I probably won't be available. If you wanna just connect that to the hotel shuttle idea, let me know when and I'll pass it along through the FB event page as well.

The shuttles run every half hour around this time but it doesn't look like there's a definite schedule. We could meet at where the shuttles pick up around 6:45 and head over. I'll be wearing a fucking bright yellow beanie for the purposes of identification.

Speaking of shuttles, where the heck do they pick people up? I vaguely remember a side lobby but that was a while ago.

I fear I have no bloody clue. I've never taken the hotel shuttles myself. :\

Just as a reminder, the meetup is tomorrow at 7 pm. If you did not buy tickets or talk to me personally about attending, WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE YOU, AS WE ARE FULL UP. You're welcome to come to the restaurant anyway -- it will be open to the general public -- but I can't guarantee they'll be able to seat you near the main group.

HOW TO GET TO UNO CHICAGO GRILL FROM THE BCEC

CAB: There are cabs picking up passengers outside the Westin pretty much all the time. The Westin is the hotel attached directly to the BCEC; go out the front doors, turn right, and you really can't miss it. You want to go to the Uno at 731 BOYLSTON STREET, BOSTON.

MBTA: Go out the front doors of the BCEC, cross the street directly in front of you, and cross the bridge to the World Trade Center Silver Line Station. Get on the Silver Line going to South Station. At South Station, get on the Red Line going toward Alewife. Get off at Park Street, then go up to the Green Line -- you want the B, C, D, or E lines; basically any Green Line train that is NOT going to Lechmere. Get off at Copley Station and go up to the street. Turn AWAY from Trinity Church (the big church with the park in front of it) and walk down Boylston Street. Uno Chicago Grill should be on the right at number 731.

HOTEL SHUTTLES: There are free shuttles running from the BCEC to the hotels near Copley Square. There will be some attendees meeting up where the shuttles pick up passengers at around 6:45 -- one of them should be wearing a VERY bright beanie. You want shuttle route 2. Take it to the Westin Copley, then get off and head toward the park at Copley Square. Do not cross the street. Instead, take a left, walk past the Boston Public Library, cross Boylston Street, and take another left before proceeding down Boylston Street. Uno Chicago Grill should be on the right at number 731.

I'm going to try and get to the restaurant by 6:45 myself, so I will NOT be available to help guide people, sorry.

• graffektagraffekta London, United KingdomRegistered User new member
    Yay it's tonight!

Tonight is purely social right? i.e. I won't feel left out if I leave the 3DS/iPad etc at home?

edited March 2013
    This beanie is so bright, it's vulgar. The shuttles pickup up down the hall from console freeplay

And yeah, this is purely social. At least, I'm only bringing myself and friends.

<Omicron-8643> on
    edited March 2013
    Update: I am set up across from Console Freeplay zone three. The shuttle route 2 stop is out the Window behind me. Neon beanie is equipped. I will be taking the nearest shuttle to 7. One just left now so I'm going to assume this means the next one leaves at 7. I'll move the group (if any) outside at 655 to board. Come say hello!

Update 2: we are on the shuttle!

<Omicron-8643> on