As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax East 2013 Vita Players?

13»

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I'm good whenever. You guys can add me too. Halfazedninja

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    sunday would probably be best for me but i will be there all 3 days.

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I'll be at Pax all three days. Honestly, I won't know the best time for me until the schedule comes out.

The free PSN Mobile Game this week is OMG Zombies, which is AWESOME.

Anyone use treasure park or near? Any tips? This looks like a good occasion to dust off those apps.

My PSN id is:
    go_ne_x_all

• Options
    Cloud25XDCloud25XD Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Vita tourney announced! sonic all star racing! cant wait!

DANG IT! got that this christmas for Wii U... Dont think im buying it again for vita. Its good but gets boring after 2 mins. I think it should be something else. Playstation All Stars Battle Royale? Might be getting that from a friend and its an AWESOME game!

Cloud25XD on
  • Options
    Also it'd be great if this could happen on sunday! (Thats when im there :P)

• Options
    There is a pretty good set of deals on PSN right now. First, if you spend $50 you get and addition $10 to spend, so if you have not gotten your plus membership, this might be a good time. Also, Battle Royale is $25.19 ($17.63 if you have plus). Lots of other stuff is on sale. Also, they lowed the price of Peacewalker to $19.99.

Unfortunately, I can't fit much more on my card, so the only thing I bought yesterday was the full-priced Star Wars table to Zen Pinball. It will be awesome for the train ride to pax.

• Options
    MagicSwordKingMagicSwordKing | (• ◡•)|╯╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I'll be bringing mine, so far I have BlazBlue, Lumines, Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Super Stardust and a few more downloadable titles.

My PSN ID is AndreGALAN

MagicSwordKing on
    Aperture Safety Personal Observation Tester for Aperture Testing and Observation, Honorary Alphanaut, Grandmaster of the Tychonian Guard, Chronicler of the House of Brahe, Senior Editor for Mustache News, Agent of O.S.P.R.E.Y., PAX COPS Detective Inspector, and PAX Tours Saboteur.

"I think he starts in reality and ends in fantasy."
    "No he starts in fantasy and ends in chaos."
    -Anonymous
  • Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular
    gonexall wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I can't fit much more on my card,

Ya, the memory cards are my biggest limitation too. I usually only bring multi-player games to PAX for obvious reasons.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    There is a pretty good set of deals on PSN right now. First, if you spend $50 you get and addition $10 to spend, so if you have not gotten your plus membership, this might be a good time. Also, Battle Royale is $25.19 ($17.63 if you have plus). Lots of other stuff is on sale. Also, they lowed the price of Peacewalker to $19.99.

Unfortunately, I can't fit much more on my card, so the only thing I bought yesterday was the full-priced Star Wars table to Zen Pinball. It will be awesome for the train ride to pax.

That Star Wars Pinball is really fun. I played the three tables this morning. I don't know which one is my favorite yet.

• Options

That Star Wars Pinball is really fun. I played the three tables this morning. I don't know which one is my favorite yet.

I know! I have to say that TESB has and edge because it is my favorite of the movies. I will have to make sure to send friend requests so that we can see each other's leaderboard--I'm pretty bad, but have a blast playing. The problem is that whenever I use my Vita I seem to be away from wifi (train commute or waiting for this or that). I will have to set aside time when I am home to go through this thread and send out friend requests.

• Options

I know! I have to say that TESB has and edge because it is my favorite of the movies. I will have to make sure to send friend requests so that we can see each other's leaderboard--I'm pretty bad, but have a blast playing. The problem is that whenever I use my Vita I seem to be away from wifi (train commute or waiting for this or that). I will have to set aside time when I am home to go through this thread and send out friend requests.

I keep meaning to comb through this thread for the FR's too.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    PM'd Scoots again today. Currently looking at around 12 or 1 on Sunday for the Meetup. Will post definite time and location when I hear back from @Scoots. I'd like to give him a special thanks again for helping us put this together.

On another note I seem to have been given free $10 to the PSN store so I have yet to decide what to buy but it will likely be something for the meetup. I'm real excited. Once I finish charging my vita or I get off my lazy butt and walk over to the PS3 to turn it on I'll start adding you guys

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    I just added a friend request for everyone in the thread that gave their PSN id. I did not assume that your forum name equals your ID, so, if you have not given your PSN ID and want to be included, please post it. Can't wait for PAX!

• Options
    Snowy620Snowy620 Registered User regular
    I'll have my Vita! I've got PSBAR and Wipeout. If anyone has Katamari, hit me up on PSN (same as my user name) so we can meet up for sure.

• Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    My PSN name actually is my forum name. ArcadiaExeter.

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    FYI for those in the US:

Picked up a 32 Gig card yesterday at best buy for $75. Now I have room for my pre-pax purchases.

Also, there will be a big Vita sale on PSN starting tomorrow--and some of the games will be 100% off!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/04/more-ps-vita-anniversary-deals-this-week-including-new-free-games/

Also, I have a question about Plus membership. If I join for two months and buy a bunch of stuff at a discount, will I have to pay the difference if I let my membership lapse? I'm thinking about Plus just for PAX.

• Options
    FYI for those in the US:

Picked up a 32 Gig card yesterday at best buy for $75. Now I have room for my pre-pax purchases.

Also, there will be a big Vita sale on PSN starting tomorrow--and some of the games will be 100% off!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/04/more-ps-vita-anniversary-deals-this-week-including-new-free-games/

Also, I have a question about Plus membership. If I join for two months and buy a bunch of stuff at a discount, will I have to pay the difference if I let my membership lapse? I'm thinking about Plus just for PAX.

If you let your membership for PS+ lapse you lose the games until you renew again. Dude, PS+ really is worth it.

• Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular

If you are a Plus member, and buy a game at a discount, then you keep the game forever. It's yours. Even if your Plus membership lapses. You won't have to pay anything extra to bring it up to normal price.

If you get a game for FREE from Plus, and the membership lapses, then you can't play the game anymore until you either purchase the game, or renew your Plus membership.

I had a friend that bought a Plus membership a while back because a few games went on sale that he wanted, and the savings was more than the price of three months of Plus. Then he just let it run out.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    You've got mail!

• Options
    Good News everyone! The meet-up is not official and will be taking place on Sunday at 1PM. I can't wait to see everyone there. Should be an awesome time. Everyone should continue posting what they are bringing (game-wise) and if you all wanna have any mini tournaments or if y'all just wanna hang out. Maybe we'll have a PS:ALL Stars mini or uMvC tournament though I don't know if we'll have a prize...but you will get glory. Idk let me know what everyone thinks

Also There's a free PSX and PSP game today for all Vita's thanks to Sony's anniversary sale. so don't forget to download!

Just picked up another 4gb mem card for myself

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Will the meet up be in the handheld lounge?

• Options
    Will the meet up be in the handheld lounge?

I've PM'd @Scoots again to verify but I believe so yes

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Scoots said this in his last message
    It'll happen right next to HH in the SE corner hallway on level 1(street level). No one group has any real assigned spot, but y'all congregate in the same spot every time.
    ....so We'll meet there :p

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    It'll happen right next to HH in the SE corner hallway on level 1(street level). No one group has any real assigned spot, but y'all congregate in the same spot every time.

Just so you're not confused when you get there, look for a gal with a swath of pink hair.

• Options
    Scoots wrote: »

Just so you're not confused when you get there, look for a gal with a swath of pink hair.

haha awesome! I'll also be easy to pick out once I get there. I'll be the guy with very vivid bright blue hair....not for cosplay...just for sillyness :p

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    H2OCakeisalieH2OCakeisalie Enforcer Registered User regular
    all I have is mortal kombat AC liberations UMVC3 and lego lotr my psn is H2O_CAKEISALIE

• Options
    I went to Best Buy today in order to pick up Sonic Racing Vita but they didn't have it in stock...Unsure if I'll be able to get to the store again before PAX so I may not have it at the meetup but either way I'll still be there excited as hell. 5 days! Can't Wait!!

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    I went to Best Buy today in order to pick up Sonic Racing Vita but they didn't have it in stock...Unsure if I'll be able to get to the store again before PAX so I may not have it at the meetup but either way I'll still be there excited as hell. 5 days! Can't Wait!!

Just order it on amazon. You'll have it by Tuesday at the latest.

• Options
    joe9624joe9624 Boston, MARegistered User new member
    Finally a group of people to play Vita with! I will be bringing AC Liberation, PS All-Stars, and Mortal Kombat! You can add me on PSN if you like. My username is joe9624. See you at PAX!

MrTechnologyNerd
    The Latest in Technology and Video Games
    www.mrtechnologynerd.com
  • Options
    KuozarKuozar Registered User regular
    I'll be bringing my Vita also. For multiplayer games, I will probably only have PS All-Stars. But my username is Kuozar if anyone wants to add me.

• Options
    Hey guys, don't forget DoA5+ is out now! Well, Gamestop is selling it now, technically it comes out tomorrow. I'm getting my copy today!

• Options
    sidran32sidran32 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys, don't forget DoA5+ is out now! Well, Gamestop is selling it now, technically it comes out tomorrow. I'm getting my copy today!

Holy crap, I didn't realize that this was coming out! Definitely buying it now!

Ok, playing through the beginning part of the story now (as opposed to sleeping--dangit!) I haven't played the PS3/360 version, but this is definitely a good game, worthy of the title. And by Team Ninja (as opposed to some third party studio) which is always nice. Graphics aren't as good, of course (not as many shinies). But it's definitely fun. Vita gets all the good games. :)

sidran32 on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    I have Playstation all stars now, but im unsure how long Gearbox's panel will be so i might miss the meetup...

• Options
    well everyone I'm in Boston getting ready for tomorrow. Can't wait for the meet up Sunday along with everything else. Hope to see you all Sunday at 1!

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525