As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of Arcadia Phalla Night GAME OVER: MAFIA VICTORY

• MillMill Registered User regular
    oooo0000000ooooooooo000000000oooooooo

"It's getting dark and cold, but at least I don't have to worry about THEM tormenting me any . . . m-m . . ."

The dwarfs slumps forward dead. As his lifeless body hits the ground something rolls out of one of his pockets. If anyone bothers to check they'll notice it's some sort of tinker, perhaps a clue to what this beggar was before he found himself on the streets.

oooo0000000ooooooooo000000000ooooooooo

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Do you know what a shit rope is, Bucketman?

It's a rope, covered with shit that murderers and demons try to hold onto.

You see, the shit kinda acts like grease; the harder you try to climb up, the tighter you try to hold on, the faster you slide down the rope, Bucketman.

All the way to hell.

You try to turn the tides on me? I thought we were fellow brothers at arms!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Collin sighed. Another group of so-called aristocracy without half a ball between them to actually lead anything but their own sordid lives.

Except for that mysterious entity who seemed to appear and disappear at his own whim....

He hoped he wasn't going to have to lead the charge against these - demons, was it? demons, then - he so hated to be forced into a position of authority. Such lofty heights were beneath him.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    The good master Kendrick may not have made the most delightful puns, but you barbarians didn't have to murder him for it.

If the rumors I hear are correct, Burter Brea was the leading bandwagon before the shift in public opinion. Cartagran plot, or something more sinister? I say there is only one way to find out: kill MrTlicious!

MSL59.jpg
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Ok, I can't do hedonism bot justice, so I'm putting roleplay on the shelf.

Anyways, we have these shards, and they need to be removed somehow for the village to win (or at least the acquaintance needs to be removed). Do vanillagers at all have this capacity? In other words, is there anything i can do to help out with this shard mini-game or do i just have to hope some dedicated role is able to take care of it?

Also, i'm grudging whoever decided to kill bradicus because that's like, his fourth(?), day 1 in a row. Come on, folks.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Zonugal had a throwaway vote in the middle of the wagon race.

Steam
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The Acquaintance will use his knowledge of the players of the game and select a certain number of people to have his 'shards' embedded within them. The Acquaintance wins when the only players left have shards. The Acquaintance immediately leaves the game when all shards are found/removed. Shards are removed upon death and by village or mafia special powers.

this seems like we don't need to kill him? if, for example, he filled the village with shards and didn't pick anyone who became mafia, he actually has an incentive to have the village win.

the whole point of the role seems to be negotiating and trying to finagle information out of him while he in turn uses disparate pieces of information to make sure his shard dudes stay alive till the end.

I read the op over again and I did not see a stated village win con that includes killing the acquaintance, but I might have missed something!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    For the time being, we are better off to treat him as a potential ally than a definite enemy, I think

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    The Acquaintance is immune to everything. That's always been in the OP (I know, never read the OP etc.). His wincon (have only players with a shard be alive) only came a few days later, and is the only way to beat him. Unless there's some super-secret hidden mechanic only one of us knows about, in which case you should probably speak up right about now.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I know you never trust an outed mafia. What about an outed invincible with a bunch of horcruxes?

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    The Acquaintance is immune to everything. That's always been in the OP (I know, never read the OP etc.). His wincon (have only players with a shard be alive) only came a few days later, and is the only way to beat him. Unless there's some super-secret hidden mechanic only one of us knows about, in which case you should probably speak up right about now.

Maybe if you get to know him really well he will lose his Acquantaince-related powers. Let's get him drunk and share life stories!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Zombie Race, you just crossed a mother fucking line.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Zombie Race, you just crossed a mother fucking line.

Did he cross the line into the game? Because otherwise I think you might've meant another zombie.

Also, it is good to see that @Gandalf_the_crazed is back. Maybe now he can do some things with that CYOA of his!
    OR FACE THE FIRES OF ETERNAL JUDGEMENT!
    Fire may or may not be eternal. Haven't made it that far into the book yet.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    "Hmm not much to go on, yet," Austin mused. Without her 'tools' there was much she could do but find a corner to lean into and consider the evening's events.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, as a dedicated champion to all things holy, I want to smash my mace into a demons face.

Perhaps my mace will like the face of Butler For Life for two reasons.

One, he is a dirty Team Up North Fan (irrelevant, really).

However, he was part of the early anti-Megafrost vote, which is slightly more relevant.

Slightly.

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    That McCabre fellow was going on about something again. Rust glared at the man while tugging at the knots developing in his beard. McCabre was like so many other pompous, self-entitled buffoons responsible for the state of affairs in Underlund. Rust started muttering to himself as his thoughts spilled out unbidden, forming a rambling monologue from what should have been private reflections.

There's a purpose for all things between Heaven and Hell, I'll warrant, but for every such role cast there's a one looking to go beyond his lot. Damn rat-buggering pricks, the lot of 'em! Nonsense like that's put the King in Yellow on the throne, and now look at the mess we're in. I tell you, Waple, this cannot stand. Summon the carriage, I must go to the parliament house and speak against this overreaching slime.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Serously, guys - leave Bradicus alone!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    *decays, his baleful left eye once again fixed on MrT, and a note clutched in his burned hand*

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    *decays, his baleful left eye once again fixed on MrT, and a note clutched in his burned hand*

Grimmy, did I miss something happening to you earlier in the thread?

Loving the roleplaying, but it doesn't seem to quite fit the character you're atached to.

Day 1'ing the funny one did not turn out well. Now we have a dead villager AND no metal puns. Double whammy.

Steam
    ((One hundred percent doesn't fit. There was a thing with Larlar saying that two people should RP birds on a pile of corpses that I just missed, so I decided to be one of the corpses for a while. I suppose I should get better at some point.))

Maybe that guy with the cloak doing all the dramatic gesturing should perhaps animate the last rotting corpse. Seems The Aquitaine's magic didn't quite reach it. Orpheus, Gilden, whoever you are - get on that, will you?

Ah, I see.

The note catches Austin's eye and she retrieves it from the strong whither grip reinforced by rigor mortis. Opening the note she begins to read...

Maybe that guy with the cloak doing all the dramatic gesturing should perhaps animate the last rotting corpse. Seems The Aquitaine's magic didn't quite reach it. Orpheus, Gilden, whoever you are - get on that, will you?
    May your will be done.

RISE, SHAMBLING WRETCH!
    ACCEPT YOUR CALLING!

DrByronOrpheus.JPG.jpg

edited March 2013
    *decays, his baleful left eye once again fixed on MrT*
    Burter "MrT" Brea -- the very face of hypocrisy. A man who will show one face to the world, while nursing far darker ambitions. A man who, when confronted by the 
    burning righteous rage of the people, simply slips away and allows another to bear the brunt. A man who time and again has shown that IF he falls to the side of evil 
    THEN evil will triumph. Burter Brea must die. I pray that someone finds this note. Cold death rushes to embrace me now.

GrimmyTOA on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Oh yay I'm alive.

OrokosPA.png
    edited March 2013
    May your will be done.

RISE, SHAMBLING WRETCH!
    ACCEPT YOUR CALLING!

DrByronOrpheus.JPG.jpg

Ha hah! I live.

Now, have at ye, vile Necromancer! Condemned by your own hand! Deihylde would have words with you, consorter-with-demons! Let none say that Tristan Drake allows the ends to justify the means! Etcetera!

GrimmyTOA on
    Austin stares blankly at the necromancer as he screams arcane rambling, only to be startled, falling back on her rump, when the artist-previously-known-as-a-corpse gets up to start walking around. "Huh... I thought I had seen everything," Austin mutters.

The question i asked Munkus via PM was:

Is defeating the acquaintance part of my wincon?

to which he answered in the affirmative. Now, maybe i wasn't precise in my question, but it seems to me that the acquaintance needs to lose for the village to win. Finding the people with shards is going to be hard for non-specials, since they really won't behave any differently than nonshards. So, i'm not sure actively pursuing this goal is the way for me to proceed. I just have to hope it works out for me in the end.

Steam
    NECROMANCER? You label me based on seeing ONE of my skills? Do you call a mechanic a Lugnut Engineer? Do you call a chef a THING julienner? No! It insults their skillset! In much the same way that branding me a necromancer insults me.

And I warn you, attempting to destroy me would be... A MISTAKE!
    OrpheusTV-300x263.jpg

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I know nothing about everything, I hope this information helps.

May your will be done.

RISE, SHAMBLING WRETCH!
    ACCEPT YOUR CALLING!

DrByronOrpheus.JPG.jpg

Ha hah! I live.

Now, have at ye, vile Necromancer! Condemned by your own hand! Deihylde would have words with you, consorter-with-demons! Let none say that Tristan Drake allows the ends to justify the means! Etcetera!

No, no, no! Leave the necro-librarian be. He brought you back to wreak vengeance on those who wronged you. Now which dastardly Omerta thug was responsible for your sorry state?

Hmm, so many choices. It's like trying to decide which bite to take first at the Glisternight feast. Ah, I remember the last one I attended...

... there was a time when the food didn't taste like ashes, you know.

NECROMANCER? You label me based on seeing ONE of my skills? Do you call a mechanic a Lugnut Engineer? Do you call a chef a THING julienner? No! It insults their skillset! In much the same way that branding me a necromancer insults me.

And I warn you, attempting to destroy me would be... A MISTAKE!

Phah! A murderer may also be a baker, but I would still call him a murderer. You may be a dressmaker, a consumer of eel-pies, a haberdasher or a librarian and still I name you Necromancer and cast my gauntlet at you. Is not the proof standing here in my armour?

Necromancer.

May your will be done.

RISE, SHAMBLING WRETCH!
    ACCEPT YOUR CALLING!

Ha hah! I live.

Wait a second, Deihylde?

Could that be a sister sword to Dyrnhylde, weapon of Mirdyn Paval, my character from the last game?

Pumpkin, fetch my dueling cloak, would you?
    I've also left pizza wraps for you in the refrigerator.
    Kiss kiss

*mumblegrumble* Well this is more entertaining than birdshit, at least.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    The question i asked Munkus via PM was:

Is defeating the acquaintance part of my wincon?

to which he answered in the affirmative. Now, maybe i wasn't precise in my question, but it seems to me that the acquaintance needs to lose for the village to win. Finding the people with shards is going to be hard for non-specials, since they really won't behave any differently than nonshards. So, i'm not sure actively pursuing this goal is the way for me to proceed. I just have to hope it works out for me in the end.
    Information in the OP also suggests the demons have the means to locate and/or remove shards.

While the demons remain, they can be a tool in defeating the Acquaintance.

In the end, however, all interlopers will be destroyed.