As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lara Croft and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    What are you up to, GG?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Just got the
    pistol and I'm escaping through the burning village

honestly I could just walk around and look at this island for hours

Also I love how the best solution to most problems seems to be light it on fire

Also also

when I picked up the first relic (a mask) and Lara actually gives a description and mentions that the white paint on the inside indicates that whoever wore it was a noble

I was like oh my god is she actually doing archaeology

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    she's better at apex predatorology than archeology though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Guys I'm curious as to if my game bugged out last night or what

I just got to the (late-game spoilers)
    dead general, and then a bunch of dudes poured in and blocked off my exit

I killed off the dudes and then could not figure out what to do after that

I don't know if my game bugged or if I missed something mad obvious

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

you can climb up onto the scaffolding on the right side of the chamber - the same side that the dudes come from. But there's multiple waves of guys before you can

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

you can climb up onto the scaffolding on the right side of the chamber - the same side that the dudes come from. But there's multiple waves of guys before you can

Huh! I swear I tried that but it wouldn't let me. Maybe it was the wrong scaffolding or something.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also also

when I picked up the first relic (a mask) and Lara actually gives a description and mentions that the white paint on the inside indicates that whoever wore it was a noble

Later game relic spoiler
    I liked bit when she finds the relic in Shantytown (I think) that she gets all excited about and then finds 'Made in China' on the bottom and then she's all "aww".

Veldrin on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also also

Later game relic spoiler
    I liked bit when she finds the relic in Shantytown (I think) that she gets all excited about and then finds 'Made in China' on the bottom and then she's all "aww".

There's also the one where
    She finds a price label on the bottom.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I liked this game so much that i just started it over again.

man there's a ton of stuff to grab in the early areas that i was just clueless to find my first run through. Also now that i know to play killin dudes sneaky style is much easier.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I did really appreciate them taking the effort to establish the fact that Lara is actually a pretty darn good archaeologist (even if she does end up burning down and/or shooting up a lot of her research topic). I still get a kick out of Lara's annoyance at suggesting Himiko had magical properties, because gosh a woman with power getting called a witch, go take a gender studies class Dr. Whitman.

Like, just a game having the awareness to write a line like that makes me a bit happy with the direction video games writing is going. Especially when I remember what we were afraid this game was going to be like.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Is there a reason I can't use the POCKET SAND trick yet?
    I mean, I bought it but so far I haven't actually been able to do it

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    You sure? Just press B and while you're scrambling, press Y.

I was doing it but got nothing
    Works now, though

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Cross posting this from G&T

Love the game, but I ran into a gamebreaking bug.

On the level after the beach, about 80% in
    On the Endeavor, just after getting the Rope Ascender, I tried using it to pull the crate thingy over to drop through the floor. The problem was, the crate got stuck in midair where it had started. Reloading the checkpoint did no good, it happened every time I tried reloading, a few dozen times.

So I started a new game and now I'm back to where you get the grenade launcher.

I wish they'd done some different things with the checkpoint system. Took me 80% of the game to realize it though.

I also just realized that spamming scramble/roll works as a sprint mode.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    I think a couple of people have run into that bug now, I expect there'll be a patch sooner rather than later.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Booooooooooooooooo

What a dumb decision. On the upside, I can safely trade it in now.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    No DLC plans for the good part of the game - it's all multiplayer.

well that sucks

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah that seems like the opposite if what you'd be trying to do with it.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Booooooooooooooooo

What a dumb decision. On the upside, I can safely trade it in now.

what the eff

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Now I know how the Old Man felt when the Bumpus' dogs ate the Christmas turkey.

kyrcl.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Well

Anyone still wanna argue that multiplayer doesn't detract from single-player, in light of this news?

fire arrows
    napalm arrows
    explosive arrows
    explosive SHOTGUN SHELLS

I WILL BURN THIS WHOLE FUCKING ISLAND DOWN

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Well

Anyone still wanna argue that multiplayer doesn't detract from single-player, in light of this news?

Yes

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Alright then

I submit that that particular viewpoint is incorrect!

Eidos Montreal may have handled the multiplayer and not Crystal Dynamics, but one of the big points of DLC is to increase the longevity of your game and stop people from selling it back to GameStop

If there were no multiplayer component, I'm willing to bet any DLC would have been single-player. CD doesn't shy away from DLC - Underworld had two downloadable expansions

But if you rotate Crystal Dynamic's statement around, you'll see a message saying 'just kidding'.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what if they did

what if they didn't

what if the world was made of pudding

PNk1Ml4.png
    Then the world would be a better place

Duh

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm willing to bet if there was no multiplayer then they wouldn't have released dlc at all

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    yeah gonna go out here on a limb and say

the existence or non-existence of multiplayer dlc had no bearing on the existence or non-existence of single player dlc

that's just me though, out here

out on this limb
    this limb called reality

Vann Diras on
    Yeah, if the multiplayer was done by a separate team, then that means CD is focusing on other work, most likely, Tomb Raider 2: A Survivor Kicks Ass.

• NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    what if they did

what if they didn't

what if the world was made of pudding

i got it.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Well

Yes, because it's just dlc. the actual single player content was great as great can be.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Ignoring that I've already traded the game in, they would have to be much bigger tombs for me to pay for them. The ones already in the game took like 5 minutes at the most.

Yeah, the tombs were disappointingly small.

Still, it's a great game. I enjoyed it throughout, now I've just gotta decide if I want to try and get all the collectibles or not.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I got all the collectibles before I finished it. There are like, 4 or 5 single player achievements I missed (all for combat, I think), and I didn't touch the multiplayer, but I got my money's worth

So about that 'no single-player DLC' hoo-hah.

Or was this some pre-order bonus I was not aware of?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yes that is a pre-order bonus

PNk1Ml4.png
    Ah, carry on, then.